PDA

View Full Version : SLDR 430 and Nunchuck

live4golf
23rd January 2015, 09:52 PM
I'm contemplating using a Nunchuck in my SLDR 430 10.5. I quite liked the Chuck in previous drivers, what should I expect from this combo? Will it likely be too low spin to even try?

Hatchman
23rd January 2015, 10:00 PM
If you have no problem getting enough air with other shafts the Chuck should be more than ok.
If your already on the low side with the SLDR the Chuck might drop out of the sky.

Daves
23rd January 2015, 10:03 PM
Martin Ayers (martinez) is a big fan of the Nunchuk but he is using SLDR now with another shaft. He says the Nunchuk wouldn't work with it because together the ball spin would be too low. But maybe a much higher loft would work.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/23130-Nunchuk-Golf-Shaft-review?highlight=nunchuk

live4golf
23rd January 2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys, the combo may not spin enough but I'll give it a go tomorrow anyway...can't go any worse :)

Shane788
24th January 2015, 05:33 PM
Keen to see what you think, interested in using this combo myself, used kiyoshi white with the SLDR 8* today, went well.

live4golf
24th January 2015, 05:36 PM
Didn't end up playing today, made it to the course but I spat it when I got screwed over with my playing partners. I don't like my home course and knew I'd have a shitty day so I threw my toys out of the pram and went home. Pretty sad state of affairs when I'd rather not play golf if given the choice.

Will provide feedback when I hit it.

Godscountry
26th January 2015, 04:20 PM
Id be keen to see your results from this. Ice got a 12 degree SLDR with the stock shaft and I'm keen to see how a chuck would go in it!
Things aren't good when you aren't playing your home course btw....