PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs Odds brought to you by honest Tom.

Tom Waterhouse
20th January 2015, 09:49 AM
D&M Hey folks,

Honest Tom here. I have been invited to frame a market for the Mexican Champs and since I am a man of the people how could I refuse? So here it is;

$1.10 - Ned – Only person in the field who can defeat dc68. Has meticulously spent the previous twelve months stuffing around in meaningless comp rounds rather that playing properly so his handicap has been inflated nicely. The Vic Champs are not being put onto GolfLink so this brings his odd in even shorter.
$5 – Benno_r – Fast creating a name for himself as the new fave. Built like a brick shundershed.
$8 – Nudgee – No longer playing at bogstench central which can only improve his game. Has taken the Vic Champs so seriously he has relocated for it in preparation.
$8 – Andigold – I’m going to be nice to him because he scares the shit out of me.
$10 – Peppas – Likely to be the highest finishing 50 year old white guy.
$12 – Dotty – Likely to be the next highest finishing 50 year old white guy.
$12 – Shazza_RS – Likely to take out the women’s division. ($1.35 to beat Peter_RS).
$14 – Bruce – Has probably prepped harder for this event than anyone after spending the last year at the TPI working on his sublime buns.
$14 – Backintheswing – Keep him away from the Daily Planet where they are really known to enjoy the swing.
$15 – Courty – Non drinker which is a massive advantage in these events. Will be brought undone by the hot northerly breeze which will make his 1975 flared pants unstable.
$15 – LeftHoges – Will be way too distracted by Courty’s 1975 flared pants to be able to settle into the event. Strong night time performer.
$17 – Monsta – Wishes he had a pair of 1975 flared pants.
$20 – Daves – Current Qld champion. Depth of this field is marginally significantly bigger though.
$20 – MrBluu – Binh practicing.
$29 – Eca – Would be a chance except he is riding his push bike to the venue from Mt Druitt.
$33 – Hux – Would be a chance except he is riding his push bike to the venue from Brisbane.
$33 – BenM – Big ask for him to perform after he requests Customs to perform a cavity search upon arrival into Australia.
$35 – Ploppy Pat – Unlike his famous brother Postman Pat, he does not have a black and white cat. He’s more of a dog person.
$40 – Mint – One of life’s great mysteries how he even makes contact with the ball, let alone play off single digits (I guess that is a reverse Ned).
$40 – Gammon – It will be a brave man to back Gammon (quality Waterhouse pun that).
$50 – Matt3Jab – Anyone with a reference to 3 jabbing is going to struggle on Melbourne surfaces.
$50 – Oldracer – Old people are found out at this level. Especially if they hang around Lefty at night.
$66 – Dcanto – Yep. He canto.
$66 - Spanner039 – Built like Tarzan. Hits like Jane. Can't even beat Marto.
$66 – Peter_RS – Probably the most likely to pull a root at the Vic Champs. Not sure if he has the stamina for that kind of action and so much golf. ($6.00 head to head v Shazza_RS).
$80 – PeteyD – Will forever be known as the guy who got drugged and off his face at a champs. Considering a name change to Petey Allenby.
$101 – Matty – Hits the ball miles. However he also hits it miles off line. Tea tree will be his undoing.
$101 – Titleist – May not get onto the course after the car park swap meet. May not get out of Crown for that matter.
$101 – Lucastro23 – Must stay away from Titleist. Club ho.
$201 – LarryLong - LarryLongOdds
$401 – Grunt – Just as likely to be apprehended by the AFP after cropdusting on the SYD-MEL flight out of spite with Qantas.
$401 – GK – The worst bunker player in the field. No way that he will get along with the Sandbelt.
$451 – wbennett – Spud.

This post is satirical and is not intended to be taken seriously. If you crack the shits with the above please sue the website owner.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 11:06 AM
Nice work, Tom.

G.K
20th January 2015, 11:55 AM
Saturdays course has "beach" in its name and Sundays course name includes the word "shanck". What could possibly go wrong? Surprised I'm only paying $401 actually.

mrbluu
20th January 2015, 12:02 PM
you forgot the #binhpracticing

Peppas
20th January 2015, 12:07 PM
Wow, a couple of 50 year old white guys high up in the odds!

WBennett
20th January 2015, 12:32 PM
Wow, a couple of 50 year old white guys high up in the odds!

Three of them in fact!

Peppas
20th January 2015, 12:36 PM
Three of them in fact!

With age comes experience ;)

Captain Nemo
20th January 2015, 12:37 PM
$101, what's your mob no keen to get on @$110... ;)

Waddzy
20th January 2015, 12:37 PM
Bits by 3 shots.. Is there margin betting Tommy boy?

benno_r
20th January 2015, 12:47 PM
@ $14, I'll take a bit of BITS too! $500???

Dotty
20th January 2015, 01:05 PM
The Abe Simpson trophy is all mine.

I'm expecting a late scratching for Peppas - Not returned from a trip up the Great Ocean Road in search of Kitchener Buns.

matty
20th January 2015, 01:10 PM
Puh-leeease. $101-1? Surely you're not referring to the dual long drive winner of the 2014 NSW Champs, who was obviously required to hit both fairways!

GGF Tom.:twisted:

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 02:03 PM
Odds are well off and will need to be shortened.

This was spotted last week.

Tom Waterhouse
20th January 2015, 02:25 PM
Odds are well off and will need to be shortened.

This was spotted last week.

Bloody hell!

Who is this guy? Ned Caviar?

WBennett
20th January 2015, 02:32 PM
Its going to be a great Calcutta on the Friday night!

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2015, 02:57 PM
This needs its own Facebook page ;).

Grunt
20th January 2015, 04:52 PM
Any odds on the NAGA? apart for Solarman

oldracer
20th January 2015, 06:46 PM
Any odds on the NAGA? apart for Solarmanafter today I think I'm backing me!!!!!!

Hux
20th January 2015, 09:30 PM
I'll take Ploppy Pat at that money. Real handicap of 7 in the old days, currently languishing off 12 at Royal Nudgee. Hang on I want him in the Calcutta.
BTW I would struggle to make the Gold Coast on my bike at present....wayyyyy out of form for both.

Bruce
21st January 2015, 09:24 AM
The odds I can take or leave - but thanks for noticing my buns, Tom.

Hux
22nd January 2015, 07:30 PM
The odds I can take or leave - but thanks for noticing my buns, Tom.

I did notice those buns last year Bruce - just didn't want to say anything about them in case it was considered pro homo

Tom Waterhouse
25th January 2015, 06:30 AM
Update (no homo)

$1.1.5 $1.10 - Ned - a bit of research of his Golflink indicates that he is "tapering nicely".

$501 $451 - wbennett - The spud appears to have found a bit of anger. If he can keep that fire burning he might almost be somewhat of a threat. Maybe.

mrbluu
25th January 2015, 06:41 AM
Update (no homo)

$1.1.5 $1.10 - Ned - a bit of research of his Golflink indicates that he is "tapering nicely".

$501 $451 - wbennett - The spud appears to have found a bit of anger. If he can keep that fire burning he might almost be somewhat of a threat. Maybe.
Does Spud's odds shorten as he is out to B grade now???

AndyP
25th January 2015, 11:07 AM
I'll take BITS at $14. I can't see him having a bad round.

I'll also take BenM at $33 thanks. Winning a monthly medal before the Vic Champs is a good omen.

Ned
25th January 2015, 05:50 PM
Update (no homo)$1.1.5 $1.10 - Ned - a bit of research of his Golflink indicates that he is "tapering nicely". $501 $451 - wbennett - The spud appears to have found a bit of anger. If he can keep that fire burning he might almost be somewhat of a threat. Maybe. The General Manager of William Hill Australia may need to review my odds and handicap after yesterdays round. :roll:B Grade Spud should now be the "New Fave"

Captain Nemo
8th February 2015, 08:31 PM
Gees I bet GK could have had a few each way @ $401/1!!!