PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok

Lemo
14th January 2015, 07:32 PM
Anyone spent any time over there, recommend bars, restaurants etc etc?

Going in April with 12 blokes for my bucks weekend.

Captain Nemo
14th January 2015, 07:45 PM
Jesus.... The hangover 2 come to mind?

yoyo
14th January 2015, 07:56 PM
Travel insurance

Hatchman
14th January 2015, 08:19 PM
Ping pong :razz:

backintheswing
14th January 2015, 08:25 PM
I am still trying to forget the last time I went there to "play golf" 5 years ago.

WBennett
14th January 2015, 08:53 PM
If the chick asks for it up the ass, she is actually a bloke. So my mate said.....

goughy
14th January 2015, 10:23 PM
So if you end up in a sword fight run for the hills.

markTHEblake
14th January 2015, 11:20 PM
Anyone spent any time over there, recommend bars, restaurants etc etc?
there is millions of them! :-)

the traditional meat markets are at Patpong, Soi Chao Boi (cowboy) and Nana plaza
The Hangover was filmed at Tilac Bar in Soi Cao Boi, one of the oldest and famous, but contrary to the movie, there is not any lady boys there. So you dont have to worry about that.

For excellent Cajun cuisine (and no girls) bar/restaurant, go to Bourbon St Restarant, Oyster Bar and Boutique Hotel. its walking distance from one of the BTS stops along Sukhumvit. Bossman is Doug, good for getting tips on where to play golf.

On some of the other Soi's (streets) running off Sukhimvit there are plenty of good sports bars with live broadcasts, and schedules are on their websites.

There is an open rooftop bar somewhere in BKK< costs a mint though

Going in April with 12 blokes for my bucks weekend.
you need the "stickman bangkok" website

You might wanna check out Thaniya Plaza, its the biggest golf shopping centre possibly in the world. and its walking distance from Patpong. Get off at the Sala Daeng BTS and look for the signs (ie dont go down from the platform)
Get yourself some poofy colourful pants and then head over to Nana Plaza, you will look a treat.

spanner039
15th January 2015, 09:30 AM
You might wanna check out Thaniya Plaza, its the biggest golf shopping centre possibly in the world. and its walking distance from Patpong. Get off at the Sala Daeng BTS and look for the signs (ie dont go down from the platform)
Get yourself some poofy colourful pants and then head over to Nana Plaza, you will look a treat.

Mmmm heading over in March looking forward to this place.

markTHEblake
15th January 2015, 01:31 PM
When you first enter it looks like a normal shopping mall, you got to navigate a bit of a maze to get the the interconnected golf building, but as long as you take the Thaniya Plaza signed exit from the platform you will find it.

Lemo
15th January 2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks for that MTB, will definitely head to that golf shop.

Grunt
15th January 2015, 08:00 PM
Another vote for the bars and restaurants in and around Sukhimvit

Coldtopper
15th January 2015, 08:51 PM
As a 25+ veteran of visits to Bangers I have sound advice? Girlie bars get boring after a night so hit the Russian clubs if you want adventure ,excitement and what ever you need if you need if you have the cash! Soi 3 nana should see some fine action! I like the more private Russian / Arabic hangouts myself a little more upmarket imho . Then arrange a private party with what ever and who ever! Just don’t let mates take a camera and keep baht6000 hidden on you at all times just in case you need to get out of a little trouble. Behave on the streets and treat the indigenous people with respect. Dont do golf .
No wonder you are getting married to the girl if she lets you have a bucks in Thailand. Let me know if you get a divorce I wouldn't mind a great chick like yours.

Lemo
15th January 2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks Coldtopper, yeah let's me go to Thailand and buys heaps of golf clubs so can't complain.

yoyo
15th January 2015, 09:52 PM
Does she have a sister ?