PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs Dress

Grunt
11th January 2015, 05:57 PM
Hi all

As a Vic Champs numpty, what are the dress reg for the 5 days do we have any set days (Loud pants etc) or is the whole 5 days just a fashionista's dream of guys in golf gear?

AndyP
11th January 2015, 06:05 PM
Friday will be the Uncivil War shirts, Grunt, so the hat, pants, belt, glove and shoes will need to match those.

Grunt
11th January 2015, 06:08 PM
Uncivil war shirts? what are these?

benno_r
11th January 2015, 06:20 PM
Friday will be the Uncivil War shirts, Grunt, so the hat, pants, belt, glove and shoes will need to match those.
This might throw a spanner in my fashion works.

What colour shirt us northerners get?

AndyP
11th January 2015, 06:43 PM
They haven't said yet, but it won't be navy blue like previous years.

Peppas
11th January 2015, 06:52 PM
We going light coloured shorts again for the Union uniform??

KristianJ
11th January 2015, 08:22 PM
Just be careful with your non-golf attire. Nobody wants to see a repeat of sandals and 3/4 length jorts.

WBennett
11th January 2015, 08:48 PM
Whatever you want Grunt. LarryLong was outstanding in opshop attire last year but keep in mind you have fashionistas suchy as Lefty, Courty, Lucastro, Monsta and others around.

Friday will be team uniforms so long as they are organised asap. Which means we need Captains and teams organised asap.

LoveGolf2012
11th January 2015, 08:52 PM
Lefty,can you please lock me in for golf/cart on Saturday at SAB ??cheers Ray

Courty
12th January 2015, 06:02 AM
As a Vic Champs numpty, what are the dress reg for the 5 days

Collared shirts and tailored pants. ;)

LeftyHoges
12th January 2015, 09:17 AM
Collared shirts and tailored pants. ;)

Pretty much this.

Thursday, Friday and Monday games will be pretty to very strict on the attire. Saturday and Sunday a little more relaxed as they are public access tracks, but you will still need to be tailored pants / shorts and collared shirt.

PLEASE NOTE: The Captains will also decide a pants / shorts colour for Fridays Uncivil war. Previously we have had the Confederates in black bottoms while the Union have gone with white / light. This MAY change this year, we'll keep you posted.

FYI, this year will have Saturday as the "Wacky Pants (including shorts) day". If you wish to enter then ensure you wear your loudest / craziest get-up to St Andrews Beach.

benno_r
12th January 2015, 09:35 AM
A little dress code summary:
Woodlands: http://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/images/clubevents/2014/Dress_Code_Screenshot_3.png
V (http://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/images/clubevents/2014/Dress_Code_Screenshot_3.png)CG: http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/about-us/dress-code/
(http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/about-us/dress-code/)StAB: No info
Cape Schank: http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/Resorts/RACV+Resorts/RACV+Cape+Schanck+Resort/Cape+Schanck+Golf/Play+the+Course/Dress+Code+Etiquette
(http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/Resorts/RACV+Resorts/RACV+Cape+Schanck+Resort/Cape+Schanck+Golf/Play+the+Course/Dress+Code+Etiquette)La Trobe: http://www.latrobegolf.com.au/guests/course/dresscode.mhtml

Captain Nemo
12th January 2015, 09:54 AM
A little dress code summary:
Woodlands: http://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/images/clubevents/2014/Dress_Code_Screenshot_3.png
V (http://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/images/clubevents/2014/Dress_Code_Screenshot_3.png)CG: http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/about-us/dress-code/
(http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/cms/about-us/dress-code/)StAB: No info
Cape Schank: http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/Resorts/RACV+Resorts/RACV+Cape+Schanck+Resort/Cape+Schanck+Golf/Play+the+Course/Dress+Code+Etiquette
(http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/Resorts/RACV+Resorts/RACV+Cape+Schanck+Resort/Cape+Schanck+Golf/Play+the+Course/Dress+Code+Etiquette)La Trobe: http://www.latrobegolf.com.au/guests/course/dresscode.mhtml

VIC- Short socks must be well-above the ankles. !!!!!!

benno_r
12th January 2015, 09:59 AM
VIC- Short socks must be well-above the ankles. !!!!!!

Yeah, those crazy Oxy-Moronic Victorians!

PeteyD
12th January 2015, 10:02 AM
Victoria era - can not show any ankle.

Daves
12th January 2015, 10:04 AM
That is why the Union must prevail!

WBennett
12th January 2015, 10:53 AM
I don't own any golf socks that cover my ankles!

Monsta
12th January 2015, 11:21 AM
Maybe the Union scum should wear a colour that wont show the blood/sweat/poo stains !!!!

LarryLong
12th January 2015, 11:21 AM
I don't own any golf socks that cover my ankles!

I'm sure they will sell some knee length ones in the pro shop. Doesn't Solarman have a pair of those for sale?

solarman
12th January 2015, 11:47 AM
I'm sure they will sell some knee length ones in the pro shop. Doesn't Solarman have a pair of those for sale?

I knew that wouldn't take long

Monsta
12th January 2015, 11:52 AM
We could all wear long socks to commemorate the anniversary of Solarman's loss in the Uncivil War :-s

Captain Nemo
12th January 2015, 12:06 PM
Hi all

As a Vic Champs numpty, what are the dress reg for the 5 days do we have any set days (Loud pants etc) or is the whole 5 days just a fashionista's dream of guys in golf gear?

Ive seen you pastey white hairy legs, id go something below the knee dress wise, no mini skirts!!
:)

Ned
13th January 2015, 07:56 AM
http://samhateseverything.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/westie.jpg

oldracer
13th January 2015, 05:38 PM
Lefty, will our after match festivities at Vic be in an area friendly to wearing smelly course gear or do we need to get togged up????

WBennett
13th January 2015, 06:06 PM
After VGC we have an hour and a bit drive down to the accommodation so i imagine its spike bar then outta there.

Grunt
13th January 2015, 06:15 PM
After VGC we have an hour and a bit drive down to the accommodation so i imagine its spike bar then outta there.

So its Roadies or a bottleshop stop?

Monsta
13th January 2015, 06:17 PM

We are having a BBQ dinner after golf at the VGC

oldracer
13th January 2015, 06:25 PM
After VGC we have an hour and a bit drive down to the accommodation so i imagine its spike bar then outta there.mmm I guess very little inbibing there then

PeteyD
13th January 2015, 07:49 PM
yea for those of us driving. But going back to Chateau de Andi would be a similar fate for drivers anyway.

WBennett
13th January 2015, 08:17 PM
yea for those of us driving. But going back to Chateau de Andi would be a similar fate for drivers anyway. Which tee totaller wants to drive my car?:)

Grunt
16th January 2015, 08:39 PM
ok is the weather worth gambling on shorts for the days or is an each way bet of pants the better option? I can never pick the weather in Mexico.

LeftyHoges
16th January 2015, 08:42 PM
ok is the weather worth gambling on shorts for the days or is an each way bet of pants the better option? I can never pick the weather in Mexico.

I know it's still A LONG way out but early forecasts are calling 23°-28° for all days. Little bit of cloud around but mostly sunny for the trip.

Grunt
16th January 2015, 08:44 PM
I know it's still A LONG way out but early forecasts are calling 23°-28° for all days. Little bit of cloud around but mostly sunny for the trip.
I have left Sydney on a plane thinking of a decent day in Melbourne and by the time i have got there it as turned to shit. Weather forecast in Melbourne is long range if it is longer than 1 hour.

LarryLong
16th January 2015, 09:37 PM
Last year it was hellishly hot on at least one day, but at the moment we're in a milder pattern and somewhere between 20 and 30 seems to be expected. Still shorts weather if you want to go that way, but I grew up in Ballarat where they breed 'em tougher.

*Forecast could change at a moment's notice, of course. This is Melbourne we're talking about.

LeftyHoges
19th January 2015, 03:30 PM
Last year it was hellishly hot on at least one day, but at the moment we're in a milder pattern and somewhere between 20 and 30 seems to be expected. Still shorts weather if you want to go that way, but I grew up in Ballarat where they breed 'em tougher.

*Forecast could change at a moment's notice, of course. This is Melbourne we're talking about.

Good ol' Ballarat, where the temperature range of 15°-30° just doesn't exist.

LoveGolf2012
20th January 2015, 03:56 PM
Hi all

You now have some fresh gear to get you started mate..looking forward to putting a face to a name!

Grunt
20th January 2015, 04:25 PM
You now have some fresh gear to get you started mate..looking forward to putting a face to a name!
If you can't be good at something, look good doing it!

See you there!

Hux
20th January 2015, 09:34 PM
Last year was damned hot mostly - not much ozone that close to the artic circle. The Portsea round was cooler at least.

And Grunt as a confederate you can't call it Mexico...its now your home!!!

Grunt
30th January 2015, 08:22 PM
Outfits 90% done

Just 1 shirt & shorts (Black) to buy and then shoes/belts issues to address.

BenM
30th January 2015, 08:43 PM
Last year was damned hot mostly - not much ozone that close to the artic circle. The Portsea round was cooler at least.

And Grunt as a confederate you can't call it Mexico...its now your home!!!

The Portsea round was cooler because it was blowing about 80kph or more by the end. Stupid weather for golf, I'd rather it was hot!!!!

Captain Nemo
30th January 2015, 08:46 PM
The Portsea round was cooler because it was blowing about 80kph or more by the end. Stupid weather for golf, I'd rather it was hot!!!!
+100000

LarryLong
30th January 2015, 08:46 PM
Still shopping here. I expect to make my last purchase on Wednesday, or even Thursday on the way to golf. Being organised is nice, but there's a certain thrill that you get from doing things at the last minute.

Ned
30th January 2015, 08:55 PM
The Portsea round was cooler because it was blowing about 80kph

Grunt wasn't playing was he?

PeteyD
30th January 2015, 09:12 PM
No it was a cool wind, not a stinky sirocco

G.K
30th January 2015, 09:23 PM
Still shopping here. I expect to make my last purchase on Wednesday, or even Thursday on the way to golf. Being organised is nice, but there's a certain thrill that you get from doing things at the last minute.

I'm hearing you LL. Story of my life! I will no doubt be stopping by at least one golf shop on the way from the airport to Woodlands. Mind you, I'm glad that I'm not as pedantic as some of these other folk in regards to every last detail of my outfit for each day.

PeteyD
30th January 2015, 09:26 PM
that's a given. GCO around the corner, Drummond and HOG up the road ...

Ned
30th January 2015, 09:27 PM
I'm hearing you LL. Story of my life! I will no doubt be stopping by at least one golf shop on the way from the airport to Woodlands. Mind you, I'm glad that I'm not as pedantic as some of these other folk in regards to every last detail of my outfit for each day.

Matched your shoe laces yet?

LeftyHoges
30th January 2015, 11:20 PM
Ok couple of things...

1. We're still a week out so this is about a 50-50 chance of staying how it is but at this stage temps we are looking at are 26, 31, 29, 23, 25, and that's suburb specific.

2. For anyone who needs anything and wants to / has the chance to shop online / over the phone I'm picking up a big order in the CBD shop (Collins St) of GCO on Wednesday early arvo, so I can pick anything up for you if you wish.

Daves
31st January 2015, 09:30 AM
So what are the Union colours? Packing the bag tonight.

oldracer
31st January 2015, 09:43 AM
P
Ok couple of things...

1. We're still a week out so this is about a 50-50 chance of staying how it is but at this stage temps we are looking at are 26, 31, 29, 23, 25, and that's suburb specific.

2. For anyone who needs anything and wants to / has the chance to shop online / over the phone I'm picking up a big order in the CBD shop (Collins St) of GCO on Wednesday early arvo, so I can pick anything up for you if you wish.lefty, just told the boss and she wants to know about Aireys Inlet for fri,sat,sun pls,

Grunt
31st January 2015, 10:18 AM
Entire dress for the champs now sorted.

Are below ankle socks ok at Victoria GC?

benno_r
31st January 2015, 10:23 AM

Best way to solve that is go have a round at NSWGC.

They give a little gift pack that has NSWGC logo socks that are approved at every swanky club.

LeftyHoges
31st January 2015, 10:47 AM
Lefty, just told the boss and she wants to know about Aireys Inlet for fri,sat,sun pls,

25, 30, 30.

Grunt
31st January 2015, 10:48 AM
Question answered

Golf Course

Neat, clean and pressed golfing attire is to be worn at all times.

Shoes must be accredited golf type shoes. Spikes must be non-metal (ie. soft) and dimple soled shoes are permitted. Shorts, if worn, must be tailored, neatly pressed and worn with long hose, short plain white socks or VGC or other Club-logoed socks. Short socks must be well-above the ankles.

Members are responsible for the correct attire of their guests and should inform them prior to their visit to the Club.

LeftyHoges
31st January 2015, 10:50 AM

From our agreement with Vic GC:

A neat standard of dress is required at all times by organisers and golfers, both on the course and in the Clubhouse. Jeans, athletic/jogging shoes, tank tops or mono- grammed shirts are unacceptable. Shirts without a fold-over collar are not permitted in the clubhouse or on the golf course. Shorts, if worn, must be tailored, neatly pressed and worn with long hoes, plain white socks or VGC or other Club – logoed socks. Cargo shorts or pants ( i.e. shorts with pockets on the legs) are not permitted
Event organizers are responsible for the correct attire of their guests and should inform them prior to their visit to the Club
A player may be refused access to the course should that person not comply with the dress code.

oldracer
31st January 2015, 10:50 AM
25, 30, 30.sweet mate, she's stoked

Grunt
31st January 2015, 10:55 AM
Guess the buying is not over. Need a pair of socks.

Daves
31st January 2015, 08:15 PM
So what are the Union colours? Packing the bag tonight.

Too hard a question?

benno_r
31st January 2015, 08:28 PM
Too hard a question?

Black shorts, white shoes, belt and hat.

White socks (above ankle) mandatory.

Daves
31st January 2015, 08:29 PM
Black shorts, white shoes, belt and hat.

White socks (above ankle) mandatory.

Thanks Benno.

Captain Nemo
31st January 2015, 08:29 PM
Black shorts, white shoes, belt and hat.White socks (above ankle) mandatory. Correct. It got lost with all Peppas jiber jaber....

Peppas
31st January 2015, 08:33 PM
Correct. It got lost with all Peppas jiber jaber....

No way, the original call was navy shorts!

LarryLong
31st January 2015, 09:05 PM
Won't all you Queenslander types be a bit cold in shorts?

Courty
31st January 2015, 09:52 PM
Won't all you Queenslander types be a bit cold in shorts?

I'm wearing longs, but not 'LarryLongs', because they wouldn't get past my knees. ;)

Dcanto
31st January 2015, 09:54 PM
Won't all you Queenslander types be a bit cold in shorts? I will be braving it in shorts. Although I have hairy legs and hence some natural insulation.

Grunt
31st January 2015, 10:01 PM
3 days shorts 2 days long pants.

LarryLong
31st January 2015, 10:09 PM
I'm wearing longs, but not 'LarryLongs', because they wouldn't get past my knees. ;)

Muscular knees?

I found a perfect hat today, which almost gets me over the line. I still need to find one or two more, otherwise my current fallback option for Saturday is a girls visor with a heart logo made out of diamantes.

PeteyD
1st February 2015, 06:14 AM
Longs for me too. As always. Need to get a white hat.

BenM
1st February 2015, 07:20 AM
Trousers on the Friday for me but probably shorts most other days. Weather permitting.

peter_rs
1st February 2015, 10:14 AM
Shorts for me

LoveGolf2012
1st February 2015, 10:24 AM
What colours are people wearing Saturday or is this a closely guarded secret?

Grunt
1st February 2015, 10:28 AM
What colours are people wearing Saturday or is this a closely guarded secret?

Bright ones :)

LoveGolf2012
1st February 2015, 10:31 AM
Bright ones :)

Starting to think which ones I'm going to go with,might have to get a couple pants taken up.Not long now guys...

WBennett
1st February 2015, 01:35 PM
I am going with AndyP beige for Saturday

BenM
1st February 2015, 01:44 PM
I can't decide between the grey, the charcoal, the gunmetal, the iron or the slate.

Courty
1st February 2015, 02:48 PM
I'm thinking I might turn back the clock for some more Angry Salmon action. ;)

LeftyHoges
1st February 2015, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking I might turn back the clock for some more Angry Salmon action. ;)

You're missing half the outfit...

G.K
1st February 2015, 03:09 PM

It's quite scary that even though you are at opposite ends of the country, you two seem to have such an intimate knowledge of the contents each other's wardrobe :)

LoveGolf2012
1st February 2015, 04:01 PM
I can't decide between the grey, the charcoal, the gunmetal, the iron or the slate.

Do a 9 hole change over buddy then your a double chance for best dressed each day!

Monsta
1st February 2015, 04:53 PM
I was going to go with the colour of Courty's lemonade

Grunt
1st February 2015, 05:43 PM
I was going to go with the colour of Courty's lemonade

[emoji6]

Courty
1st February 2015, 07:48 PM

I think you're confused... Angry Salmon was this one from St. AB:

http://i.imgur.com/Fd0KN7g.jpg

I believe you're thinking of this one from Moonah Legends:

http://i.imgur.com/XHztLKm.jpg

LeftyHoges
1st February 2015, 07:51 PM
Ah shit, you're right.

PeteyD
1st February 2015, 07:53 PM
My pants should be arriving tomorrow. What shirt goes with Lime Green?

Peppas
1st February 2015, 08:02 PM

Lime green

LoveGolf2012
1st February 2015, 08:03 PM
Lime green

White would look good as main part of outfit would be the pants...

benno_r
1st February 2015, 08:14 PM

If you have to ask, you shouldn't wear.

Or orange.

PeteyD
1st February 2015, 08:19 PM
I am colour blind, it is lots of fun ;)

LarryLong
2nd February 2015, 01:23 PM
I'm going backwards! Started the day needing one more hat to finish up, but then I found an awesome pair of pants at the salvos and now I need another shirt and hat to match those. The pressure is well and truly on now.

LeftyHoges
2nd February 2015, 02:39 PM
I'm going backwards! Started the day needing one more hat to finish up, but then I found an awesome pair of pants at the salvos and now I need another shirt and hat to match those. The pressure is well and truly on now.

The pressures of being a fashionista, hey Larry? :lol:

Courty
2nd February 2015, 03:02 PM

Rookie error... should've had this stuff sorted weeks/ months ago. :)

LoveGolf2012
2nd February 2015, 03:25 PM
Guys does anyone need anything clothes/belts wise before Friday I could drop it into you at Andigolds Thursday night after work?

Grunt
2nd February 2015, 05:52 PM
If you had an Orange belt in 34? How much would it be?

Matt 3 Jab
2nd February 2015, 07:08 PM
Are the other courses as strict as Vic?? Ankle socks ok for the rest??

WBennett
2nd February 2015, 07:32 PM
Matt, ankles will be fine everywhere else. I had anklets at RM last year!

Grunt
2nd February 2015, 07:49 PM
The website says they (socks) must cover the ankle, just can't be the under the ankle socks.

Grunt
2nd February 2015, 07:49 PM
Question!
Is crap wet weather gear better than none at all?

PeteyD
2nd February 2015, 08:05 PM
no

Grunt
2nd February 2015, 08:09 PM
no

Then I will pack none, Umbrella will have to suffice.

LoveGolf2012
2nd February 2015, 09:09 PM
Ok I've got my 2 outfits set for Saturday.One pants combo and one shorts combo.Predicted 33 degrees so may do shorts,both different colours,both pretty bright..bring it on boys..I've set the bar at bright,bright,bright....

LarryLong
2nd February 2015, 09:13 PM
Then I will pack none, Umbrella will have to suffice.

I reckon you'll be fine Grunt. It's in Melbourne, what could possibly go wrong?

WBennett
2nd February 2015, 09:27 PM
Ok I've got my 2 outfits set for Saturday.One pants combo and one shorts combo.Predicted 33 degrees so may do shorts,both different colours,both pretty bright..bring it on boys..I've set the bar at bright,bright,bright.... Nobody wants to win the 'Looks like a sideshow clown/NAGA' double

LoveGolf2012
2nd February 2015, 09:28 PM
Nobody wants to win the 'Looks like a sideshow clown/NAGA' double

Who's your tip for that WB??

WBennett
2nd February 2015, 09:29 PM
Question!Is crap wet weather gear better than none at all? A spray jacket will suffice. Sweet FA chance of rain looking at the forecast. Maybe a light shower Sunday morning at worst

WBennett
2nd February 2015, 09:29 PM
Who's your tip for that WB??Courty;)

LoveGolf2012
2nd February 2015, 09:31 PM
Courty;)

Booooom that's straight out their..

Courty is a well dressed dude by all accounts?

WBennett
2nd February 2015, 09:40 PM
The best. Stylish and understated.

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2015, 01:00 AM
The best. Stylish and understated.

That's the difference. Some people dress loud, few dress loud and well.

Dotty
3rd February 2015, 06:20 AM
Does a SAF polo shirt get one DQ'ed from the best dressed comp?

Captain Nemo
3rd February 2015, 06:30 AM

Controversial!!!!

mrbluu
3rd February 2015, 06:36 AM
No, but that is irrelevant as it won't even get u on the first page of the leader board!!!

Dotty
3rd February 2015, 06:46 AM
No, but that is irrelevant as it won't even get u on the first page of the leader board!!!
Ageist. That's my only coloured shirt.

Just as well it is a two day comp. Lowes have polos at 2 for $15 this week.

PeteyD
3rd February 2015, 07:02 AM
Get loud stripes Dotty, at least 2" think.

Dotty
3rd February 2015, 07:07 AM
Get loud stripes Dotty, at least 2" think.
No way.

Those are on the 2 for $25 rack.