PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 13th March.

Bruce
13th March 2006, 03:43 PM
Lazy Public Holiday stroll around Metropolitan. Apparently they have just finished their refurbishments to vie for Aus Open hosting in the future.

N.C.R.

I got mugged by this course. Some heavy overnight rain made the 120-odd bunkers on the course a treacherous mix of hard packed or sloppy. Sometimes both within the same bunker. I was having some accuracy issues today and so I found myself in a lot of bunkers today. I have never been anywhere that was as brutal on a shot that missed the green. I had better results when I really missed rather than just missed. Any shot that ended up in the trees was not just in trouble but outright ****ing dead.

My golfing ego is very bruised.

I think I need a hug. :(

(But I am already plotting my revenge for a day when my game is order)

Flowergirl
14th March 2006, 10:20 AM
So come on Bruceboy. How bad is bad?????:-?

connico
14th March 2006, 10:32 AM
did you hit the tonne?

Bruce
14th March 2006, 01:32 PM
I reckon I raised the bat somewhere on the 16th.

Flowergirl
14th March 2006, 04:28 PM
Ouch :(

Flowergirl
15th March 2006, 08:59 PM
It was our guest day today and we played Canadian foursomes. My guest - Mardi - is a pretty good golfer - off 7. I knew here when I first started playing golf ( 4 years ago) and she was off 24 or so. Hadn't seen her for about three years and now she's down to 7!!! I asked her what her secret was - she left her husband and is now living with a golf pro:shock: Mmmmmmmm-------I wonder-------Johnny boy or reduce the handicap. ....Johnny boy or the handicap. Nup....I'll take my 19 handicap and Johnny boy anyday:mrgreen:
We had a reasonable day of golf - foursomes is a tricky game:???:
Mardi won the longest drive for guests and I won the longest drive for members - I was inspired!

Grunt
16th March 2006, 08:29 AM
Well played New Brighton yesterday, if you can call my game yesterday playing :? , 25 points. Played with QANTAS Enginerring Golf club in what could be it's last or 2nd last game, over 80% of members have lost their jobs in the last week.
Had a very inconsistent day yet again. Only hit 1 fairway all day, had a lot of play safe shots go wrong, hit them too well and it more trouble. Guess I should play safe all the time hey.
I must have run over a cat with the bad bounces I had yesterday. Examples include hit the ball up to the pin on the 17th, (pin was right up the back) watch it stop then roll 40 feet back down to the front of the green. While partners balls all pluged in their landing spots. On 9 & 18 played the tee shot well to the right side of the fairway planning on the kick left because of the natural slopes of the course, nup mine kicked further right into the trees on both holes. Before anyone who has played with me asks, I did not slice it, I realised that I was not slicing the ball that day when on the 3rd I allowed for the slice, aiming just over the treeline on the left side of the fairway, and hit a slight draw straight over the fence.

Oh well bad luck must have run it's course and good luck will start soon.

connico
17th March 2006, 04:59 PM
Hit the tonne, scored 33 points and wiped 5 wholes. The 5 strokes would have equaled 48 strokes or so im told...and which i believed.

2*17 Putts + one 3 putt...was quite happy about that, bl my short game wasnt fantastic....freaking short game...

Made around 8/14 fairways i think....thats my guess i think

Grunt
17th March 2006, 06:16 PM
Well less said about my game the better, over 100, bad short game too, putting was not that bad to be honest, club selection was poor also several shots through the green or not enough and a long way short.

I have a good game in me hopefully it is not too far away.

Jarro
17th March 2006, 07:22 PM
played Redcliffe today from the back markers :shock:

85 off the stick

with 9 fairways hit,

.. and 4 G.I.R's

.. as well as 34 putts.

I was hitting the driver like a demon today, just couldn't make the short game click :evil:

man those mozzies were savage today :(

Matt 3 Jab
18th March 2006, 07:38 AM
Played camden lakeside with the guys, played well, but at the same time i just played how i think i can most of the time, short game kind of let me down early, but when the putting came together it was on! only 1 3 putt and no missed 1 footers!!!
Effective Tee Shots: 7/14 i was hard on myself, i sprayed a few, and it didnt hurt me, but wasent really effective.
GIR: 12/18, loving the irons, and my distance control was good all day, very happy.
Putts: 31 nothing flash but with 12 greens i guess thats good.
U/D's: 2/6 missed a few putts to save the hole, but doesnt matter.

BrisWesty
18th March 2006, 08:27 AM
Played 9 holes this morning
43 off the stick.
4 GIR
Thanks for the tip about bringing the ball back a little in the stance ThomMoe. Made 6/7 fairways (all with driver) and that miss was only by 1.5 metres
18 putts. Missed 3 very gettable ones.

terryand
18th March 2006, 09:41 AM
Played 9 holes this morning
43 off the stick.
4 GIR
Thanks for the tip about bringing the ball back a little in the stance ThomMoe. Made 6/7 fairways (all with driver) and that miss was only by 1.5 metres
18 putts. Missed 3 very gettable ones.

Still not seeing anything to get worried about 8)

Jarro
18th March 2006, 10:26 AM

he's probably saving himself for when he plays you mate ;) :lol:

Grunt
18th March 2006, 02:36 PM
Well after yesterday I went out this morning adament to playing a good golf game. The start was shaky but there was something there that a good game might come of it.
The event was par so itself was not a good one to show results for myself as a normal stableford round would have. I finished with +1 :? but the run on the back nine to get it back into the positives was the highlight, I had a run of 5 holes where I went par, Birdie, Par, Par, Par, if it were stableford it would have been worth 16 points :shock: .

Round Highlights
Fairways Hit 10/12
GIR 2/18
Up & Down 6/16
Putts 30
0 3 putts

Bad second shot options hurt me today but the run on the back nine had me competing with the A graders I was playing with. We had played skins $2 a hole (on handicap) with which I won 7 skins :-D . Real happy with my round today. Next game will be on my Hunter Valley/Port Stephens trip starting Thursday @ The Vintage.

shazza_rs
18th March 2006, 04:23 PM
played monthly medal at Riverlakes today.

had a 95/78 ...... not too disappointed as i lost 4 balls, had a new driver combo and new wedges to play with. Hit the driver suprisingly well. Love my wedges.

connico
18th March 2006, 07:14 PM
Played new brighton today, but i was to late for the comp as i had commodore engine trouble. Doubled the first hole, then played bogie and par golf for the whole rounds, i was 15 over by the time i left the course, 10 under my handicap lol..

Playing tomorrow, sunday the 19th, should be able to clean up if i play well again.

no 3 putts today :)

oz
18th March 2006, 08:08 PM
A steady 76 today in the 1st round of the Thurgoona Bowl. A pair of 38's, with an ugly double on the first, and some woossie putting on the back 9. The new-to-me Wishon irons are the shiznit, though.... me likey. :)

connico
19th March 2006, 04:47 PM
played new brighton today, 33 points and 3 wipes, so it wasnt my best day at the office. Putting good, Driver good, Iron work was f'd but i knew that when i took my first practice swing, was feeling rather weak today.

3 rounds a week esp in a roll i dont think is a fantastic idea...

14*2 putts
1*3 putt
1*4 putt
2*holed :)

Matt 3 Jab
19th March 2006, 05:00 PM
keep in there connico, it wont come in leaps and bounds but your handicap will go way down once you get that short game down pat

Grunt
19th March 2006, 05:25 PM
3 rounds a week esp in a roll i dont think is a fantastic idea...

Next week I will play 5 in a row possibly thinking of a second round on the Monday. It will work out to play 11 rounds in 14 days:shock:

Matt 3 Jab
19th March 2006, 05:33 PM
wow, thats alot of golf! hope the handicap drops quick for you grunt.

peter_rs
19th March 2006, 08:21 PM
Played the first round of KO cup (match play). For once I have to give a guy shots :)

Went out with a 51 and 3 down at the turn. come home in 41 and won 2 up. YES first every win in matchplay. Not to bad. lucky to only be 3 down the way the front nine went.

nice to back up from the 98 yesterday.

jimandr
19th March 2006, 08:43 PM
I only played one day in a row this weekend, and hopefully it'll only be 6 or 7 days until the next one.

Enthusiasm for golf has returned after a tidy 36 points today. Started with terrible ball striking and good scrambling, then the switch suddenly turned on to hit last 8 fairways and 9 of the last 11 greens.

Fairways = 10 of 14
Greens in Reg = 11 of 18
Putts = 34, 2 three putts, 1 birdie
Up and Down = 3 of 6
1 penalty.

3oneday
19th March 2006, 09:54 PM
Windsor had their first win in A grade pennants this year, a nail biting 4 and 3 win of Glenmore Park (at Windsor). We are now in a solid battle with them for the wooden spoon, just gotta wait for the 3 mill takeover bid !!!

Pete

BrisVegas
20th March 2006, 07:48 AM
Played Robina Woods for the first time yesterday off the white tees. Struggled a bit with where to hit it, especially off the front tees. Found plenty of trouble, that I didn't know was in play. Would like to play it again from the back tees to get a better idea of the course. Thought it was decent. Not awesome or anything, but better than most. The greens were very good and there were plenty of interesting holes and lots of elevation change. A bit like Brookwater in many respects.

Didn't keep my stats, as I was too busy looking for wayward golf balls...

31 points. (83 gross)

pt73
20th March 2006, 07:57 AM
Had a Barry Crocker, shot 81 (+9) for a nett 78. As I played the course (I didn't hit off the frirst), 3 over the first 9, 6 over the back. Putted like a blind man (35 putts with 2 three jabs). :-(

PT

AndyP
20th March 2006, 09:57 AM
Well done, Pete, but what's the KO cup? Was this at Riverlakes?

BTW since when did our weeks start on a Sunday?

peter_rs
20th March 2006, 02:37 PM
The 19 was sunday.

The KO cup is Riverlakes Mixed Matchplay title (Mens & Ladies). I just included one line about sat. I had a 92 on sunday.

Moe Norman
20th March 2006, 02:48 PM
yep, and the week starts on the monday

AndyP
20th March 2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks ThomMoe, you saved me from saying something nasty........

BrisVegas
21st March 2006, 07:49 AM
Thommo - how was National ?? Which track(s) did you play?

BrisWesty
21st March 2006, 04:51 PM

Went a couple better this morning. Missed more fairways, but hit 5 greens in a row (and lipped out 3 birdie putts) to finish with 5 over 41 for the 9 holes.

So when are we going to wipe the floor with each other, Tezza?

terryand
21st March 2006, 04:53 PM
When is that week off of yours?

Terry.

Keza_G
22nd March 2006, 06:22 AM
Played the first round of KO cup (match play). For once I have to give a guy shots :)

Went out with a 51 and 3 down at the turn. come home in 41 and won 2 up. YES first every win in matchplay. Not to bad. lucky to only be 3 down the way the front nine went.

nice to back up from the 98 yesterday.

Congrats Phickey.....!!!!! Better frame that card, It's a milestone.....

Cheers

Keza

peter_rs
22nd March 2006, 08:59 AM
Talk about the F**KEN NAZI's get a life.

Sorry for my mistake

Start a thread then -> Week commencing 20 March

For those special people who think the week starts monday

Thanks Keza.

3oneday
22nd March 2006, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't it have been simply easier to change the title ????

AndyP
22nd March 2006, 09:46 AM
Nah, it's from Sunday. Maybe a merge....

terryand
22nd March 2006, 09:51 AM
I thought the week started on Friday :smt017

I remember from whe I was an an apprentice....

Sh!t flows downhill and payday is Thursday,So start of the week is Friday :smt102

Terry.

Moe Norman
22nd March 2006, 10:07 AM
i thought 7 days from the previous thread would be the standard

peter_rs
22nd March 2006, 11:39 AM
Come on admin do your thing... merge

Moe Norman
22nd March 2006, 12:03 PM
Thommo - how was National ?? Which track(s) did you play? Played the Old Course, and after starting poorly never really recovered. It certainly doesn't set up for a sprayer like me, as per your advice and I lost several shots due to mischievous hosts encouraging bold lines that gave no reward ;)

I shot around the 90 mark and it was a very calm day, but my iron play was also unusually poor and the putting was a running battle as JJJ insisted on giving me 'on course' lessons

So this week.

Wednesday 15th - Nudgee North - 85 off the stick from memory
Friday 17th - Ranfurlie - beat the judge 6 & 5 and shot 79 off the stick
Saturday 18th - National Old - 90+
Sunday 19th - St. Andrews Beach Gunnamatta - I kept a card that says I had 29 points, but it could have been more or less as it was more a 'look at the course' than a game of golf where we hit from different tee blocks, dropped balls and messed around with approaches from different angles. Fantastic Golf Course.

I also played 4 holes of the National Ocean and it was 4 too many, what an absolute joke. I'd almost say the butchering of good land there rivals TWP's work at Moonah Links Open, woeful stuff.