PDA

View Full Version : Herniated disc

jocker
2nd January 2015, 04:07 PM
It seems I have herniated my S1/L5 disc and it is banging on my sciatic nerve - crippling pain down my leg and backside! I am going under the knife next week. Apparently, Tiger had this surgery. Anyone been through this and got any (more) positive comeback stories?

Courty
2nd January 2015, 04:21 PM
I've had issues on & off with my L5/S1 for years. I've been able to avoid the surgery so far, but have had a few cortisone injections (and am booked in for another one soon). I believe Virge666 & Golfer69 have both had micro-discectomies (assuming that's the procedure you;re getting done). Send one or both a PM.

Captain Nemo
2nd January 2015, 05:08 PM
I feel your pain bro, suffered all year with similar injury...

jocker
3rd January 2015, 02:57 PM
Yep, discectomy. Doctor says I will be back playing in 6-8 weeks. That would be nice.

Captain Nemo
3rd January 2015, 02:59 PM
Would be my last resort...good luck with the surgery.
Where abouts you having it done?

jocker
3rd January 2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks. It has been three months with no let up even with two injections...

St Vincents

razaar
3rd January 2015, 05:19 PM
I've had issues on & off with my L5/S1 for years. I've been able to avoid the surgery so far, but have had a few cortisone injections (and am booked in for another one soon). I believe Virge666 & Golfer69 have both had micro-discectomies (assuming that's the procedure you;re getting done). Send one or both a PM.Didn't Virge suffer an infection (staf ) in the hospital following surgery?

Courty
3rd January 2015, 05:21 PM
Didn't Virge suffer an infection (staf ) in the hospital following surgery?

I believe so, but that can happen with any surgical procedure.

Hatchman
3rd January 2015, 06:47 PM
Mrs Hatch has had 2 ops. The first on was just a clean up of the ruptured disc. Was ok for 12-18months before symptoms returned and had to have the whole dic removed.
She doesn't play golf so can't give feedback in relation to that. 2 years on since the disc removal things are ok. She has some days where she's stiff and sore.