PDA

View Full Version : SMT: The Verdict

Courty
17th July 2004, 06:04 AM
Thanks to Tez, I am demoing 2 SMT drivers over the next couple of weeks. The clubs are:

1. SMT 455 Deep Bore 10° with Graffalloy Blue (reg)
2. SMT Nemesis 10° with YS-6

I am picking the clubs up this morning, and have got quite a bit of golf scheduled in the very near future, so I will be doing thorough reviews and comparisons in this thread. The much-anticipated debut will be this afternoon...

Watch this space :!:

goughy
17th July 2004, 06:41 AM
That neme with ys-6 is quite a nice club. The best of terry's that I hit.

The deep bore with blue stands out in a crowd tho.

Jarro
17th July 2004, 06:55 AM
another vote for the DB with the blue here 8)

goughy
17th July 2004, 08:34 AM
I wasn't voting for the deep bore, just saying that it stands out (colour wise). The neme hands down over that deep bore. :shock:

Ona
17th July 2004, 02:43 PM
if you think those two are good, you should try the Spectrum :!: .. infact i think there some nut selling one for dirt cheap somewher around these parts :roll: :lol:

kwantfm
17th July 2004, 05:05 PM
Spectrum is great... but IMO the best of the SMT heads is the Babylon (carbon titanium hybrid).

Courty
18th July 2004, 06:19 PM
OK. Took my usual driver and 2-iron out of the bag so I could carry both SMT's during yesterday's comp. After trying out both clubs on the range before the round, I left the Deep Bore zipped up and used the Nemesis for the entire round. I nearly got the mobile phone out of the car to ring Tez with my credit card details between nines :wink: . I was thoroughly impressed with the Nemesis, and indifferent with the Deep Bore. Although, I wasn't swinging the best, I hit a couple of really ordinary ones (snap hook/ worm burner) and I proved that no matter how technologically advanced a club is, no 'Tuned Weight Cartridges' or 'Inverted Cone Technology' can stop you duck-hooking the ball if you put a crap swing on it :roll: . I did, however, absolutely munch a couple out of the screws. The trajectory was perfect, much more hang time then before. Just last week, I hit one 290 with my old driver in still conditions. Yesterday, on the very same hole, I hit one almost to the same spot into a steady breeze.

Playing again on Wednesday, and will possibly put the Deep Bore into play this time to give it an opportunity to impress.

Watch this space :!: