PDA

View Full Version : Toolish vs Bruce

Toolish
10th March 2006, 10:12 PM
Ok...all you vics out there Bruce and I have agreed on the 23rd April as a date for our matchplay round. We don't have a venue yet, but were wondering if anyone else is keen for a hit that day, once we establish interest we will work out some sort of centralish venue.

Cheers

Flowergirl
11th March 2006, 12:19 PM
Probably :)

Toolish
11th March 2006, 04:43 PM
Course suggestion Flowergirl?

Flowergirl
15th March 2006, 06:03 AM
Sorry for delay in replying.
I'm not sure what "central" means. Where are you Toolish? Geelong area? I'm more than happy to hop on the ferry and play over your way. Or do we meet Bruce closer to the city. I've played 13th beach, Barwon Heads over your way but I don't know any other courses over there.
I'm happy to host over here - the choices are huge.
What do you want to do? Bruce has played my home course - so he probably would like a different option.
The Dunes, Rosebud Country Club, Moonah Links, Portsea?????

Toolish
15th March 2006, 01:08 PM
I am happy to organise a tee time at 13th Beach for the morning of the 23rd of April if that suits you guys. Otherwise something more in Melbourne (Southern would be nice if we can convince chappy!) as I am not too keen to head to the peninsula courses out the other side (as nice as they are!)

Bruce
15th March 2006, 01:38 PM
Let's call that plan A then mate.

chappy1970
15th March 2006, 03:41 PM
Will do my best to try and either make myself available or happy to organise a hit at Southern. Have to wait and see how the new bub goes though.

Flowergirl
15th March 2006, 08:38 PM
Just spoke to Johnny Boy and as long as he doesn't have staff problems we should be fine for the 23rd at 13th beach. We'll catch the ferry on Saturday and stay the night somewhere nice and seedy:smt002
Sounds good to me. :mrgreen:

Toolish
16th March 2006, 11:33 AM
23rd April - 8:30am - 13th Beach - Toolish vs Bruce. Flowergirl and John also coming along as gallery.

Just gotta ring to course closer to the date to confirm exact time and which course we will be playing.

Better start tuning up brucey!

Bruce
17th March 2006, 01:47 PM
Liinda would also like to join us for the day.

And it looks like Chappy is pencilled in so far. Can we drag some others like Jack down with us?

Toolish
17th March 2006, 01:55 PM
more the merrier...if chappy is in that will make 6, so only need a couple more for 2 groups of 4.

Ona
17th March 2006, 10:55 PM
If theres a spot closer to the date I'd proly be a in for a hit on the beach course.

Bruce
24th March 2006, 02:22 PM
CRAP!!

Unless we hold it at Mirboo North I will have to ask for a reschedule.
The Brother in Law is getting engaged and they are christening his son that weekend (yes you read that correctly).

Anzac day?

AndyP
24th March 2006, 06:48 PM
Congratulations on making it through to the final, Toolish.

Flowergirl
24th March 2006, 08:09 PM
Forget the christening for christ sake ( no pun intendied there god) golf is much more important!!!!
So - what do all the rest of us do now?? I was all ready for a dirty weekend away with Johnny boy:twisted:

Toolish
27th March 2006, 07:14 AM
Anzac day may be an option, FG would that still work for you?

Flowergirl
28th March 2006, 11:26 AM
At this stage Anzac day will be a no show for John and I. He probably will be working and even if he isn't - it's a long trip for just one day. Quite happy if we can make a weekend of it maybe at a later date. Thought about coming over on the MOnday - but I'll be too busy making wreaths for Anzac Day ( I have a florist shop) So far we have over 25 to do and there will be more orders to come.
Hopefully we'll catch up for a game soon.
By the way - don't play Bruce until he puts some bloody cards in and gets that handicap down. He's not a bandit - he's a thief!!!! :)

chappy1970
28th March 2006, 11:34 AM
Here here FG,
After witnessing Bruce's game first hand (putted out of his @rse). Toolish off 23 Bruce is a very duanting prospect. Thief is a more appropriate term he makes Ronny Biggs look like a choir boy.

Chappy

AndyP
28th March 2006, 11:52 AM
Bruce plays to his handicap at Southern and he's a thief. Seems a bit harsh.

Flowergirl
28th March 2006, 11:55 AM
He laid down AP.........he laid down trust me :)

Bruce
28th March 2006, 11:59 AM
Bloody Hell - it's a tough room.

All this talk about how great I am yet still I walked off with a net 72 playing off 23 and I seriously doubt the CCR for Sunday was higher. No mention of the multitude of shots I ****ed away. Lucky I did sink those putts out of my **** to save bogey. Did you remember that I came home in 50?

I'm getting a little frustrated by being told how much better my game is than my hcp - yet still burn up shots all over the place.

AndyP
28th March 2006, 12:03 PM
That's part of the burden of being a 23 capper. You hit the occasional good shot or have a good hole, and people expect it more often.

Flowergirl
28th March 2006, 04:59 PM
You're right Bruce. It is amazing how you do tend to only remember your playing partners good shots and remember your own bad. Consistancy is the name of the game - and you and I both need to work on that.:-? I remember when I used to be called a bandit and it really peeved me off after a while - and I had forgotten that. I promise I won't refer to you as that again.:-D

Toolish
3rd April 2006, 08:42 AM
Date rescheduled as 6th May, venue yet to be decided. At this stage it is just the 2 of us, anyone else keen for a game that day?

Bruce
27th April 2006, 09:27 AM
Looks like we're heading down to 13th Beach for the 6th of May. There is apparently a Titleist Demo day on at the same time so any local hos might want to join us.

Toolish
30th April 2006, 01:57 PM
13th beach creek course, 6th May, 8.44am...booking for 2. 18 holes, then some Ho time at the demo day if we finish early enough!

Bring it on Brucey...:)

Ona
30th April 2006, 05:14 PM
oh man I kept meaning to reply to this one. heard the creek isn't quite up there with the beach, but you never know if you... reckon you can make it a booking for three Toolish?

Ona
30th April 2006, 09:13 PM
Oops. I see this is a Saturday. I'll have to be there in spirit only. May make it down for the demo tho.

Toolish
1st May 2006, 07:14 AM
So you are out Ona?

Let us know if you are going to the demo day, can catch up there.

Bruce
1st May 2006, 09:45 AM
Are we still able to add 2 more to that time Toolish?

Don't forget - Titileist Demo Day on at the same time. Surely a Melbourne based ho would want some of that...

Toolish
1st May 2006, 10:16 AM
The other 2 spots are free at this stage, so anyone who is keen let me know straight away. Would prefer to play as 4 ozgolfers and meet a few new people if possible.

Ona
2nd May 2006, 11:19 AM
we'll I'm in. see that, backflip faster than a politition. Have been seduced by the lure of watching the great bandit in action :razz: :smt002

Bruce
2nd May 2006, 12:26 PM
Great stuff Ona!!! :D

Make sure you've got a rule book in your bag - you might be called on to handle a ruling or two in such a cut-throat contest.

I hope the course has good drainage. The forecast has nothing but rain for the next few days.

Bruce
2nd May 2006, 12:29 PM
And zubarex is a big girl and doesn't want to come down. He claims he will be too hung-over saturday morning to be able to play.

Flacidus Minimus.

Toolish
2nd May 2006, 12:49 PM
Course has great drainage, so rain should not be an issue.

Rule book definately not required, fully expect to go down 7 and 6 or something with all I have heard about Bruce.

4th spot still open guys! Someone has to be keen, surely.

chappy1970
2nd May 2006, 02:16 PM
Would dearly love to play on Sunday gents, but involved in a DR test at work.

Maybe next time

Toolish
2nd May 2006, 02:23 PM
It on Saturday Chappy...so are you in?

chappy1970
3rd May 2006, 10:19 AM
It on Saturday Chappy...so are you in?

Sorry Toolish, gotta spend some time with the family as I'm in Perth on business the weekend after.

Chappy

Bruce
6th May 2006, 02:39 PM
This was the day the Sherrif came to town. The talk of the bandit saw him polish his badge and ambush the outlaw gunning him down with ruthless efficiency.

Toolish wins 6/5

I didn't play that bad but the Sherrif has had 75 off the bat and just crushed me. I was able to hold on to finish the first 4 holes all square but from 5 to 11 I just couldn't get a look in as he played those holes 1 over the card. In fact he played from 5-18 even (9hcp my ****). My birdie putt on 13 burned the edge, he sank his and it was all over.

Also of note from the day:
Ona's dodgy looking putter with home made grip. (Is that even legal?)
Ona's 4 putt on the par 3 6th with said putter.
My airy from the 8 inch rough on 16
Ona should be considered in the mass/distance long driving stakes. There isn't much of him and he hit a few bombs.
13th Beach was worth the drive down. The Creek Course was good and if the beach is better then I definitely want to go down again. The course owes me a couple of bounces as it treated me pretty badly a couple of times.

Thanks for everything except the touch up fellas.

Toolish
6th May 2006, 04:41 PM
This was the day the Sherrif came to town. The talk of the bandit saw him polish his badge and ambush the outlaw gunning him down with ruthless efficiency.

Toolish wins 6/5

I didn't play that bad but the Sherrif has had 75 off the bat and just crushed me. I was able to hold on to finish the first 4 holes all square but from 5 to 11 I just couldn't get a look in as he played those holes 1 over the card. In fact he played from 5-18 even (9hcp my ****). My birdie putt on 13 burned the edge, he sank his and it was all over.

Also of note from the day:
Ona's dodgy looking putter with home made grip. (Is that even legal?)
Ona's 4 putt on the par 3 6th with said putter.
My airy from the 8 inch rough on 16
Ona should be considered in the mass/distance long driving stakes. There isn't much of him and he hit a few bombs.
13th Beach was worth the drive down. The Creek Course was good and if the beach is better then I definitely want to go down again. The course owes me a couple of bounces as it treated me pretty badly a couple of times.

Thanks for everything except the touch up fellas.

Bruce...thanks for travelling down...sorry, I had one of those days.

Couple of other things to note...8th hole, Bruce hits one in the drink and says "If it wasn't so cold I would play that"...where is the commitment!!

The 16th...where Bruce had his airy...Before the airy we had about a 5 minute search to find and where about to give it up...after the airy he hit it about 10m and it took another 4 minutes to find it. It is the only time I can remember having 2 ball searches in consecutive shots where the ball has only gone 10m or so.

Other than that, I have to back Bruce's claims for Ona to be mentioned in any power to weight discussions!!

Oh, and Ona's putter grip has to be iffy on conforming!!

It should also be noted that Bruce hit a lot of shots better than his handicap. He was not a bush ranger today, but the potential is there to be seen!

AndyP
6th May 2006, 05:12 PM
Well played, Toolish. Your next task is to go spy on the FG v Chappy rematch.

Bruce
6th May 2006, 06:23 PM
In hindsight I wish I hadn't found the bloody thing. Going back to the tee and reloading would probably have given me a better result. It was bloody tiger country in that rough. We only just found yours on 18 after your shank. You probably would have gone under par for the back 9 without that shank.

Is it possible to be a bandit off single digits?

Toolish
6th May 2006, 06:31 PM
You weren't meant to mention the shank!!!!

Funny thing was, I did not realise how well I was going until we added it up...thought I was a couple over for the back.

The rough can be penal, we were just lucky the wind was not up!!

Ona
6th May 2006, 07:25 PM
shank shank shank shank shank shank shank. that's how many I was forced to witness today :evil: :-D

Firstly, the Toolish handicapp is more susptious than you know who's :smt002:) Had 3over and hits it like someone who has 3over, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to meet the handicapper at East, he's a good bloke. Tell you what tho, if you come away from a visit with Willow with ball striking like the Tools, it just might be worth it :-k . Well played mate, except for the shanks :mrgreen: Good luck tomorrow, hope you got some mojo left in ya.

Bruce, what can I say? Beaten by the bigger burglar! :-D Bruce and I were just about as eratic off the tee as each other, but he found all the trouble... tough luck there mate :mrgreen: You put a real nice roll on the ball with that putter, is it for sale? I apologise on Toolish's behalf for not having a pie and a beer after the round, guess the pull of the Ho was just too distracting. Thanks for making the trip down, otherwise I would have been bored sh!tless watching the human metronome. I mean that in a good way Toolish :rolleyes: Don't be too sad Bruce, with your score today you woulda been in the top three of just about every interstate ozgolf day ever run \\:D/. Hope your trip goes well mate, and get some golf in if you can.

As the sole participant without a matchplay opponent or a handicapp to consider, I took the opportunity to see as much of the beautifull layout and enjoy as many shots as I could on that fine golf course. The greens were too nice to not linger for an extra putt or two where possible :roll:. I will now list my bunch of excuses... first go with the irons since having the lie angles fitted (up to 4* change), first round with a fairly major grip change and perhaps most telling, I was using the srixon z-urs which as andylo will attest, has some consistency problems, more than a few times I put a perfect swing on it only to see the ball not go where I wanted :twisted:

Thanks for the game ladies :-D

Oops almost forgot. Toolish hit a shank off the toe of his wedge, right up near the topline. Phew, that was close :smt039

Oh, never thought I'd say this but, reports of my length are greatly exaggerated :???:

chappy1970
8th May 2006, 09:53 AM
Well done Toolish, bad luck Bruce.

Now to determine Toolish's next opponent?????????

Chappy

Flowergirl
8th May 2006, 12:52 PM
Whenver you're ready Chappy. I've got a new driver and rearing to go. :twisted:

Jarro
8th May 2006, 12:58 PM
I've got a new driver and rearing to go. :twisted:

What happened to John-boy ???

;)

Flowergirl
8th May 2006, 03:42 PM
What happened to John-boy ???

;)

I tell you what I love this driver so much Johnny boy might get the boot.

Bad luck Brucey boy and congratulations to Tooloish on your win.
Just have to get Chappy out of the way then I can take you on.:twisted: :smt002