PDA

View Full Version : Daily Dilemmas - what should I do Dr Dotty?

Daves
16th December 2014, 09:26 AM
Need help with your daily decision making? Post your Dilemma here!;

Mine is as follows;

Bought a set of clubs off Oz eBay. They were described as being in Excellent condition, and postage was to be Express @ $30. Photos gave hint that description was overly optimistic, but were also somewhat misleading. Being lefties, I ended up getting them for a very good price.

Clubs bought Sunday arrive Friday, 5 working days. Sent via E-go, cost estimator tells me cost was less than $14, a good deal for him, me not so much.

Club are in at best good condition only. There is dimming on 9 iron and moderate bag chatter on all the clubs. The photos said these were S300s, turns out they are XPs ,not DGs. Text referred only to the photo of shaft band, photo was of back of the band only.

My Dilemma is that I am still happy with my purchase, I had factored in some question marks when I decided to bid on them and price was very good. But I think this seller is a bit shonky in his listings. Nothing illegal about that, Buyer Beware, but I struggle with what feedback to give?. I am not keen to give him positive feedback, but struggle to justify a Neg. So should I just not give any feedback?, or should I give sly feedback, positive but allude to his questionable descriptions etc?

Steve57
16th December 2014, 09:37 AM
Need help with your daily decision making? Post your Dilemma here!;

Mine is as follows;

Bought a set of clubs off Oz eBay. They were described as being in Excellent condition, and postage was to be Express @ $30. Photos gave hint that description was overly optimistic, but were also somewhat misleading. Being lefties, I ended up getting them for a very good price.

Clubs bought Sunday arrive Friday, 5 working days. Sent via E-go, cost estimator tells me cost was less than $14, a good deal for him, me not so much.

Club are in at best good condition only. There is dimming on 9 iron and moderate bag chatter on all the clubs. The photos said these were S300s, turns out they are XPs ,not DGs. Text referred only to the photo of shaft band, photo was of back of the band only.

My Dilemma is that I am still happy with my purchase, I had factored in some question marks when I decided to bid on them and price was very good. But I think this seller is a bit shonky in his listings. Nothing illegal about that, Buyer Beware, but I struggle with what feedback to give?. I am not keen to give him positive feedback, but struggle to justify a Neg. So should I just not give any feedback?, or should I give sly feedback, positive but allude to his questionable descriptions etc?

^^^^^^
This

AndyP
16th December 2014, 09:50 AM
Who reads positive feedback? Is neutral still an option?

Dotty
16th December 2014, 09:56 AM
Caveat Emptor has been around so long, that they even have a Latin phrase for it.

I have no experience at all with ebay, so I'll offer an opinion. I suggest give him a 'Neutral', as that is exactly how you described your feelings of the transaction. Potential buyers can then decide whether the incorrect condition and shaft specs will be a show-stopper for them.

Today, it was an ebay sale. Tomorrow, it could be a union bank.

Webster
16th December 2014, 10:09 AM
Neg for sure. That's what it's there for.