PDA

View Full Version : Swing analysis why not...

IsaGolfer
12th December 2014, 11:01 AM
http://youtu.be/df_3M5YOaxc http://youtu.be/7Tnytj1Vmfg Looking for constructive comments on swing. Really was just playing with slow mo on my new phone. So sorry for slightly long clip and missing some of the swing path. Cheers for looking

dan
12th December 2014, 01:58 PM
Link doubled.
youtu.be/7Tnytj1VmfgLooking (http://youtu.be/df_3M5YOaxchttp://youtu.be/7Tnytj1VmfgLooking)

Looks like your feet ar aimed right, then you swing left across your path.

IsaGolfer
12th December 2014, 02:04 PM
I think that's a but to do with the angle of the camera. But I am working on getting a bit more inside to out. Cheers

davidw88
13th December 2014, 07:48 AM
I don't think you want to come more inside to out, looks to come plenty front the inside even a bit to much.

razaar
13th December 2014, 08:22 AM
I see an around and up backswing with a slight over the top transition with a flip/roll release. Why are the hands outside your head line with the driver?

Scifisicko
15th December 2014, 09:22 AM
wow, how much run do you get up there?

Wenz
15th December 2014, 09:41 AM
wow, how much run do you get up there?
I was literally going to say something along those lines....300m+ drives all day.

IsaGolfer
17th December 2014, 09:28 AM
I think the one thing I have noticed is dropping the right shoulder. The iron shot was attempting to move from in to out but the driver is more normal. Just overtturned the face at impact. Grip issue I think.

razaar
17th December 2014, 10:11 AM
If you are like most amateurs your action will differ from swing to swing unless you have access to elite instruction. ****ing around with theories can be dangerous without expert guidance because a correct movement can be replaced with a wrong movement and the feel is lost with the original movement. Just ask Ian Baker-finch, Aaronn Baddley, and a host of other tour players. If it can happen to them with expert guidance what chance have we got. Go out and play without self analizing every poor swing. The best course is to forget the bad ones real quick and remember the goodies.

TheNuclearOne
17th December 2014, 12:27 PM
If you are like most amateurs your action will differ from swing to swing unless you have access to elite instruction.

And plenty of practise time to ingrain.

IsaGolfer
17th December 2014, 01:07 PM
I feel that playing off 7 I have got to the point where I want to look at making some improvement is ok even if it sees me drop down a few shots.

3oneday
17th December 2014, 06:06 PM
I'm on my way back past 7, but never got lower than 4. Work with what you have, and make what you haven't better.

I've shot even par or better (a while ago) hitting 8 greens or less. These days I average 32-34 putts a round and shoot between 6 and 10 over mostly.

Everyone swings differently, if it is really driving or irons then work harder on those, but usually it isn't.

mrbluu
17th December 2014, 07:15 PM
I'm on my way back past 7, but never got lower than 4. Work with what you have, and make what you haven't better.

I've shot even par or better (a while ago) hitting 8 greens or less. These days I average 32-34 putts a round and shoot between 6 and 10 over mostly.

Everyone swings differently, if it is really driving or irons then work harder on those, but usually it isn't.
3OD have you tried buying lots of clubs every week???

3oneday
17th December 2014, 09:02 PM
Funnily enough yes, not sure it helps. When I stop I'll see if it changes my handicap slide :)

What did you buy today?

mrbluu
18th December 2014, 09:09 AM
Funnily enough yes, not sure it helps. When I stop I'll see if it changes my handicap slide :)

What did you buy today?

I've been itching to buy something as it feels like I have played for ages and my game is going backwards as well, but unfortunately there as been nothing that has caught my eye that has gone cheap enough.

IsaGolfer
18th December 2014, 12:38 PM
Gco have alpha for $320 today only.

Pity it's in reg flex. Don't think the equip helps all that much. It's more the user than the tools.

Hatchman
21st December 2014, 08:17 AM
Gco have alpha for $320 today only.

Pity it's in reg flex. Don't think the equip helps all that much. It's more the user than the tools.

That statement is a stoning offence on this site :)