PDA

View Full Version : Honda Classic

3oneday
10th March 2006, 02:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/golf/03/09/honda.classic.first.round.ap/index.html

senecio
10th March 2006, 09:53 PM
Daly hits a 397 yard drive on 396 yard par 4 and only manages to make par.

Must have been 40 metres off target. :-s

Ryan

3oneday
10th March 2006, 10:10 PM
Daly hits a 397 yard drive on 396 yard par 4 and only manages to make par.

Must have been 40 metres off target. :-s

Ryanwell, we know what John's been up to though ;)

:lol:

Jarro
12th March 2006, 08:11 AM
Ogilvy is right in the thick of this ... only 2 shots off the lead after 15 holes (3rd round)

be good to see him back up his World matchplay win 8)

gazgolf1
12th March 2006, 09:11 AM
Ogilvy is right in the thick of this ... only 2 shots off the lead after 15 holes (3rd round)

be good to see him back up his World matchplay win 8)

I think he can win....Toms had a real brain fart today and Mayfair has'nt won this century.Luke Donald is a gun but I wonder how good Ogilvy can be.:-k
I think I'll put some money on Ogles.:smt023

Jarro
13th March 2006, 03:32 PM
Donald hung on to win by 2 shots over Ogilvy.

great result for Ogilvy to back up after the matchplay and keep the form going 8)

jimandr
13th March 2006, 08:56 PM
I watched the replay quite closely tonight, as I had avoided the score and had a small investment riding on Luke Donald.

Very difficult course. So much so that I wonder whether the form means anything. They don't play many courses with firm, very fast greens and small landing areas. Maybe that's why all the big boys gave it a miss.

I was impressed with Luke Donald for obvious reasons, and very impressed by Ogilvy even though he didn't win. They are both players worth following at the Players, and at the Masters. Good iron players go well at both places.

The Masters should set up well for Ogilvy.

Jarro
13th March 2006, 09:00 PM
Jim, how good was Donald's second into the 18th :shock:

man that guy has such a sweet swing.

Ogilvy looks so confident at the moment. He probably would've won if he didn't get a couple of really bad bounces ... like the one he got on the par 3 15th ... he actually hit a pretty good tee shot there and was robbed.

3oneday
13th March 2006, 09:11 PM
Jim, how good was Donald's second into the 18th :shock:

man that guy has such a sweet swing.

Ogilvy looks so confident at the moment. He probably would've won if he didn't get a couple of really bad bounces ... like the one he got on the par 3 15th ... he actually hit a pretty good tee shot there and was robbed.2nd on the money list too, now assured of a start at the Masters. Be nice to see an Aussie have a crack and be in contention on day 4 !!!

Pete

McMw
17th March 2006, 02:22 PM
I never thought Ogilvy was a decent putter (typical aussie golfer - great ball striker, average putter at best)...

but he's been dropping them from nowhere in the past 4 weeks...

at least he's been consistently on the leaderboard this year...unlike Apples...