PDA

View Full Version : And what is BigHitter looks like (in BSG)

andylo
10th March 2006, 02:56 PM
http://golfdigest.com/equipment/index.ssf?/equipment/gw20060310bombsquad.html

Courty
10th March 2006, 06:14 PM
Wow. Interesting article. 48,000 posts in 4 years. Come on Jarro, you better step it up a gear... ;)

Jarro
10th March 2006, 06:19 PM
yeah, i better pull my finger out if i wanna match it with BigHitter :roll:

Wonder how many TOUR players lurk in here :p

3oneday
10th March 2006, 10:24 PM
yeah, i better pull my finger out if i wanna match it with BigHitter :roll:

Wonder how many TOUR players lurk in here :pyou reckon he looks a bit weedy to be using XX shafts ???

:lol:

Jarro
10th March 2006, 10:32 PM
absolutely :mrgreen:

like the dig about his supposed +2 handicap ;)

Falcon
10th March 2006, 10:54 PM
you reckon he looks a bit weedy to be using XX shafts ???

He reminds me of a bouncer at the local pub ;)

Apparently he's on the course fairly often... fairly hard to play off +2 when you have a million drivers to 'test'

Bunch of TM fanboys :-D

3oneday
10th March 2006, 11:09 PM
He reminds me of a bouncer at the local pub ;)

Apparently he's on the course fairly often... fairly hard to play off +2 when you have a million drivers to 'test'

Bunch of TM fanboys :-DI will always remember when they were selling sorry reviewing the Bridgey 460, how great it was in their reviews.

Suddenly they had them in the merchandise at $1,000 USD per head !!!

They are almost putting enough cash through that site to run a small country !!!

Pete

benstone
11th March 2006, 11:54 AM
Unless he recently got divorced, Todd got married a couple of years ago, so the bit in the article about having no wife or kids makes me wonder.

I recently got banned from Bombsquad for questioning a driver shootout they were planning. Todd said something about only ever playing the best equipment regardless of manufacturer, and I asked why they weren't testing component manufacturers in the shootout ie Nakashima or Bang. Without any official explanation, I was handed a month's ban ! :evil: When I see some of the cr*p people come out with on that site, it really pi**ed me off. That site is a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes, they just talk up the latest model they have got hold of to sell and the fanboys follow. I realise that this is basic marketing, it just bugs me when they try and come across as being impartial.

Ona
11th March 2006, 01:56 PM
So the OEM's lurk and even post on BSG, is it much of a leap to assume they are also giving "reviews" :smt024

Falcon
11th March 2006, 02:33 PM
Unless he recently got divorced, Todd got married a couple of years ago, so the bit in the article about having no wife or kids makes me wonder.

I recently got banned from Bombsquad for questioning a driver shootout they were planning. Todd said something about only ever playing the best equipment regardless of manufacturer, and I asked why they weren't testing component manufacturers in the shootout ie Nakashima or Bang. Without any official explanation, I was handed a month's ban ! :evil: When I see some of the cr*p people come out with on that site, it really pi**ed me off. That site is a classic case of the Emperor's new clothes, they just talk up the latest model they have got hold of to sell and the fanboys follow. I realise that this is basic marketing, it just bugs me when they try and come across as being impartial.

Sounds like a bunch of forum Nazi's to me!

The whole site full of you know what, well to me anyways.

If gullible yanks want to pay through the nose, for a piece of TOUR equipment that looks good cos it says "tour" on it or let alone be benificial to there game. Well then goodluck to em.

Just making MR. THRUN more $$$

Virgal_Tracy
13th March 2006, 04:09 PM
I post on there and am really surprised that this seems to be a forum for those that are on low single figure handicaps and use X flex in everything. There doesn't appear to be any average golfers.

Either that or, as I suspect is the case, Yanks are full of c**p

Jarro
13th March 2006, 04:26 PM
I post on there and am really surprised that this seems to be a forum for those that are on low single figure handicaps and use X flex in everything. There doesn't appear to be any average golfers.

I think you might be onto something here mate :smt002 :mrgreen:

PRC
13th March 2006, 10:22 PM
Good to read it wasn't just me who thought the prices for "tour" gear were ridiculous. Have to admit though he takes good photos of the clubs.

chappy1970
14th March 2006, 09:53 AM
Only ever tried to but something once on BSG. It was a brand new TM RAC tour bag (sweet Red, White and Black colors). The guy selling said it was a goer and just wanted to check the shipping cost. The shipping to Oz ended up being as much as the bloody bag.

IMHO they are all full of cr@p, they do have some awesome equipment though.

Chappy

Plod
15th March 2006, 11:20 PM
There's a bloke on there called Rareguitar. He plays off 15 and has his name embroided on his bag. Tosser.

brad
16th March 2006, 01:31 PM
Plod, your going to fit in here just fine :smt023

Falcon
16th March 2006, 03:40 PM
There's a bloke on there called Rareguitar. He plays off 15 and has his name embroided on his bag. Tosser.

Not to mention he changes his bag 3 times a week, looks like a rich *****. :-D

benstone
17th March 2006, 12:34 PM
Not to mention he changes his bag 3 times a week, looks like a rich *****. :-D

Have you seen the pictures of his house :shock: . He owns a real estate company and clearly isn't doing badly for himself. Still a tw*t though :mrgreen: .

McMw
17th March 2006, 03:14 PM
I only go for the photos... :mrgreen:

Speirsy11
19th March 2006, 10:04 PM
Never mind, I don't care...........

3oneday
19th March 2006, 10:46 PM
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1080

C'mon Rob, no unbiased reporting please mate :p :p

I think your argument is invalid, especially when you state you don't care what we think :???: I thought it was a wank 2 years ago, and I think it's a wank now, so nothings changed. He's running a business and has the punters where he wants them to be, ie eating out of his hand.

It's quite amazing to see and hear of the number of folk threatened with or suspended for seemingly meaningless posts, and see posts disappearing that may portray an unwanted line of reasoning or argument ??? (i've seen that first hand, not mine of course ;)).

I suppose it must get old, as you say, because it is happening in every golf forum I have seen. Yes, everyone knows BSG, but everyone is starting to call it "that other site". Problems afoot ??? Interesting to note that some mimicking is already starting (Industry chats spring to mind), and it's not an original idea that they are using either.

Pretty emotional argument by the way, freak when stones are thrown back ??? struggling with the time differences over there or what ??? It's a golf forum for goodness sakes !!!

Pete

CobraSS
19th March 2006, 10:59 PM
agreed Big(bullsh1tter)hitter was a wanker when he was posting on the GolfOpinnions forum, and that site was all the better for it when he p1ssed off and started the BSG (bull sh1t golf ) Forum. And he is still and big headed up himself tosser now.

Speirsy11
20th March 2006, 09:46 AM
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1080

C'mon Rob, no unbiased reporting please mate :p :p

I think your argument is invalid, especially when you state you don't care what we think :???: I thought it was a wank 2 years ago, and I think it's a wank now, so nothings changed. He's running a business and has the punters where he wants them to be, ie eating out of his hand.

It's quite amazing to see and hear of the number of folk threatened with or suspended for seemingly meaningless posts, and see posts disappearing that may portray an unwanted line of reasoning or argument ??? (i've seen that first hand, not mine of course ;)).

I suppose it must get old, as you say, because it is happening in every golf forum I have seen. Yes, everyone knows BSG, but everyone is starting to call it "that other site". Problems afoot ??? Interesting to note that some mimicking is already starting (Industry chats spring to mind), and it's not an original idea that they are using either.

Pretty emotional argument by the way, freak when stones are thrown back ??? struggling with the time differences over there or what ??? It's a golf forum for goodness sakes !!!

Pete

Actually Pete, my post had nothing to do with what you guys think of BSG at all. What it was about was the fact that you guys always seem to bust out the "Yanks are this, Yanks are that" crap, without hesitation but when the shoe is on the other foot, all hell breaks loose. If someone was on BSG saying that all Aussies are sheeprooting tossers you'd all be up in arms, calling for a boycott of this, claiming unaustralian that..........And I get very tired of it.

Read this thread and tell me that it isn't true, I mean do any of you gusy actually know Brad King? Do you HOW/WHY he got those bags with his name on them?

3oneday
20th March 2006, 10:27 AM
Read this thread and tell me that it isn't true, I mean do any of you gusy actually know Brad King? Do you HOW/WHY he got those bags with his name on them?who, what where when ????

Sorry mate, BSG lost me about 12 months ago, I only go there very spasmodically nowadays. Sounds like it's earth shattering controversy though :roll:

I find it a little strange that BSG folks may be inclined to call us sheeprooters ?? Did you run a poll ?? what were the other choices ??

Fair dinkum !!!!

AndyP
20th March 2006, 10:36 AM
Never mind, I don't care...........
Gotta love it when someone goes back and practically deletes one of their posts...........

Really stuffs up the context of the following posts.

Speirsy11
20th March 2006, 10:39 AM
Gotta love it when someone goes back and practically deletes one of their posts...........

Really stuffs up the context of the following posts.

Yeah, sorry for that, but I decided that I really didn't feel like getting into it since the end result will be the same no matter what gets written.....I had actually deleted it prior to anyone replying to it, so Ithought it wouldn't matter.

Speirsy11
20th March 2006, 10:44 AM
who, what where when ????

Sorry mate, BSG lost me about 12 months ago, I only go there very spasmodically nowadays. Sounds like it's earth shattering controversy though :roll:

I find it a little strange that BSG folks may be inclined to call us sheeprooters ?? Did you run a poll ?? what were the other choices ??

Fair dinkum !!!!

Sounds like a bunch of forum Nazi's to me!

The whole site full of you know what, well to me anyways.

If gullible yanks want to pay through the nose, for a piece of TOUR equipment that looks good cos it says "tour" on it or let alone be benificial to there game. Well then goodluck to em.

IMHO they are all full of cr@p, they do have some awesome equipment though.

Not to mention he changes his bag 3 times a week, looks like a rich *****.

Have you seen the pictures of his house . He owns a real estate company and clearly isn't doing badly for himself. Still a tw*t though .

You're right Pete, what am I talking about........As for the BSG folks, they aren't inclined to call you anything, which is my point. You guys feel free to call them anything you want but if they did the same, it would be "those American assholes" blah blah blah.......

3oneday
20th March 2006, 11:48 AM
You're right Pete, what am I talking about........As for the BSG folks, they aren't inclined to call you anything, which is my point. You guys feel free to call them anything you want but if they did the same, it would be "those American assholes" blah blah blah.......there are a lot of "in my opinions" there, nothing earthshattering. I guess the difference between us and other forums is that any bagging of BSG on other forums is shutdown or stamped out. It doesn't happen anymore because the mods on those sites have stopped it. Maybe this should be the case here....

I could see how you would see it as an attack on these "American assholes", but do you see the words freegolfinfo, golfwrx, 4gea mentioned anywhere ????? NO ??? me either, don't try and turn it into a yank bashing exercise Rob, cause we aren't.....

Pete

Plod
20th March 2006, 11:16 PM
America would be a nice place to visit, only problem is there's too many yanks there.

terryand
20th March 2006, 11:29 PM
You're right Pete, what am I talking about........As for the BSG folks, they aren't inclined to call you anything, which is my point. You guys feel free to call them anything you want but if they did the same, it would be "those American assholes" blah blah blah.......

Your right Rob they aren't inclined to call us anything. Most of them wouldn't give a rats about anything out side of the US of A.

And where did you come up with sheeprooters,we're Aussie, not Kiwis.

Get it right, we're. "Skippy the bush Kangaroos" :mrgreen: (said in your best Greek voice)

Terry.

Fishman Dan
20th March 2006, 11:44 PM
Ok guys... Scotty Cameron's at 10 paces.

Tour versions, of course..

3oneday
21st March 2006, 05:00 AM
Ok guys... Scotty Cameron's at 10 paces.

Tour versions, of course..more quality Dan, bloody post booster !!! :p

ren
21st March 2006, 07:31 PM
yeah I've been banned twice. Once for asking a fellow member what golfwrx was? he didn't say .com so I thought it might be a shop in USA or something. Got banned with no explanation.

Another time I got banned for having a go at the Mod's saying everything TM was the s##t, and they're selling it almost exclusively in their shop. You can run a business, but don't disguise it as a public forum. A bit of balanced responsibility wouldn't hurt.

They get in 100 adams tour heads, and all of a sudden are saying that adams is the best thing ever! I'll take 4!

I really hope that golfwrx.com takes off in a huge way.

Speirsy11
21st March 2006, 08:09 PM
And where did you come up with sheeprooters,we're Aussie, not Kiwis.

Terry.

Yeah, really not sure how I came up with that weak line.......I'm going to have to work on my G-Rated trash talk...........

Plod
25th April 2006, 09:58 PM
I made my 1st post at BSG and am now temporarily suspended until 2022. Lucky it's not a full suspension. They then send me an e-mail about an Industry Chat coming up. I sent Big BULL****ter a rather colorful e-mail asking him to remove me from his e-mail list and to cancel my account. No reply as yet. Seems your not allowed to question the owner's decision's, and I thought forum's were for discussion's. Silly me.

Ducky
26th April 2006, 08:01 PM
Jokes on them! The link in the article is spelt incorrectly.

:P