PDA

View Full Version : The Grinch Thread

AndyP
5th December 2014, 02:22 PM
I noticed a couple of posts in another thread getting down on Christmas carols involving snow in Australia, and I'm totally okay with that.

Let out your inner Grinch in this thread. I'll start.

We have one salesperson in our group, who is loud enough in normal circumstances, but now that it is "near Christmas" (near for me is one or two days, not building up several weeks before), she is even more disruptive. The most annoying thing is the playing of Christmas carols from her digital radio loud enough for the whole area to hear. I turn it down or off every time she leaves her desk.

coalesce
5th December 2014, 02:35 PM
This thread is made for me!

Aside from the Christmas carol thing (which I didn't actually mind - it just seems weird singing about snow in Australia in summer), I objected to being dragged to the Annual Christmas Pageant, which is in November, and apparently is the cue for putting up your Christmas tree. May as well leave it up all year round (except the cats would then just get stuck in it more regularly)

goughy
5th December 2014, 02:42 PM
Grinches!

I won't get too much time to think of it. Will work every day of the 5 weeks leading up to Xmas. So won't be too much on my mind.

Dotty
5th December 2014, 06:19 PM
I noticed a couple of posts in another thread getting down on Christmas carols involving snow in Australia, and I'm totally okay with that.

Wait until the 25th.

We celebrate a Jewish guy's birthday, with platters of ham and shellfish.

AndyP
5th December 2014, 06:51 PM
Limited Edition BBQ Shapes in the shape of Christmas trees. Why?

goughy
5th December 2014, 06:59 PM
Purely to piss you off!

Hatchman
5th December 2014, 07:55 PM
I like this thread lots.
Going to feel at home.

goughy
5th December 2014, 07:57 PM
Bah humbug!

AndyP
5th December 2014, 08:16 PM
I like this thread lots.
Going to feel at home.
Welcome, Hatchy. Any particular irks today?

Hatchman
5th December 2014, 08:42 PM
Yeh, Xmas tree lights hanging off the wall in the admin office.
You want your lights, keep them at home. Don't bring them to work.
Might just pull a globe from one in the string on afternoons next week in the hope the whole lot in the chain stop :).

AndyP
5th December 2014, 08:57 PM
Nice.

Some douche at work decided that it would be a good idea to add a mandatory signature to our emails. It includes a christmas tree image and the message "Merry Christmas" below our standard signature. This is not representative of my beliefs and I find it insulting.

Webster
5th December 2014, 09:05 PM
You are all going to hell.

Dotty
5th December 2014, 09:21 PM
Yeh, Xmas tree lights hanging off the wall in the admin office.
You want your lights, keep them at home. Don't bring them to work.
Might just pull a globe from one in the string on afternoons next week in the hope the whole lot in the chain stop :).
I used to think the same, until Kylie (of low cut blouse Kylie fame) kept handing up tinsel and paperclips to me on a ladder, to stick into the fibreboard ceiling panels.

You should also try ... Suicidal Santa, which was an inflatable Santa attached to the ceiling by tinsel and balanced on the edge of the coat cupboard door. Or a soft toy reindeer on a working spit made from wire coat hangers.

PeteyD
5th December 2014, 10:40 PM

Hatchman
6th December 2014, 12:42 AM
You are all going to hell.

One doesn't exist, neither does the other.

Daggs
6th December 2014, 06:01 AM
Carols at far to many decibels playing through a shitty sound system all over town .

BayBum
7th December 2014, 11:52 AM
People with raindeer antlers on their car roof.

FML

Courty
7th December 2014, 05:38 PM
Christmas Carol CDs on repeat.

Christmas light 'Cavalcades' where hordes of people drive around to check out everyones lighting displays... our neighbours have $000's worth of the stuff and one night every December the street is full of dickheads honking their horns as they drive past to look.

Old fat guys in red suits 'Ho ho ho'ing at me in the shops.

markTHEblake
7th December 2014, 11:13 PM
We celebrate a Jewish guy's birthday, with platters of ham and shellfish.

and its not even his birthday.

Christmas is for kids and greedy people.

Daves
9th December 2014, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAaNv8qj1Y

coalesce
10th December 2014, 01:45 PM
FFS the carol singers are back at work

LarryLong
10th December 2014, 02:14 PM
Old fat guys in red suits 'Ho ho ho'ing at me in the shops.

They have probably seen your avatar. :mrgreen:

My pet hate is the Mum who insists on shoving her screaming, traumatised kid onto Santa's lap for the photo. All that for your shitty facebook picture.

Courty
10th December 2014, 06:14 PM
They have probably seen your avatar. :mrgreen:

:lol:

LarryLong
10th December 2014, 11:47 PM
Here's one to warm the hearts of Grinches all over Australia. Kitty Flanagan outs Santa on The Project and people go nuts. I told my kid he's not real when she was 2. Those presents are from ME.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-project-forced-to-apologise-over-santa-claus-comments-by-kitty-flanagan/story-e6frfmyi-1227151155801

goughy
11th December 2014, 07:52 AM
We missed her on the show, but heard about some uproar and didn't know what it was about. Then saw the santa cross the next night and it seemed all kinda weird. Kyan's only told us a few days ago that he knows we're santa. We still wasn't sure! At least it looks better under the xmas tree this year with all the kids gifts under there. Usually looks pretty sparse.

AndyP
11th December 2014, 10:43 AM
My 10 year old probably knows, but he hasn't told us that.

coalesce
12th December 2014, 12:22 PM
WTF carol singers again? F off and do some real work!

highballin
12th December 2014, 09:22 PM
Wow why don't you visit your favourite site killjoy.com

AndyP
12th December 2014, 09:30 PM
The missus told me tonight that I'm not allowed to tell the 7 year old that Santa doesn't exist. Booooo!

goughy
12th December 2014, 09:49 PM
Just get him to watch footage of kitty Flanagan on YouTube, from the project the other night! She outed Santa as fake on the show twice without warning. That should warm a grinches heart.

Daves
12th December 2014, 09:53 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2866758/The-woman-twerking-breasts-time-Christmas-time-Sara-X-swaps-Mozart-Jingle-Bells-festive-video.html

highballin
12th December 2014, 10:03 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2866758/The-woman-twerking-breasts-time-Christmas-time-Sara-X-swaps-Mozart-Jingle-Bells-festive-video.html

Now that's festive!

Daves
15th December 2014, 08:00 AM
http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tis-the-season.jpg

Courty
18th December 2014, 09:44 AM
Christmas light 'Cavalcades' where hordes of people drive around to check out everyones lighting displays... our neighbours have $000's worth of the stuff and one night every December the street is full of dickheads honking their horns as they drive past to look.

This was on last night. The first cars went past just on 7:00 and it hasn't let up before I went to bed at 9:30. 2.5+ hours of non-stop honking and yahooing. And to make matters worse the neighbors had Xmas carols blaring so the passers-by could hear them. I'd like to stick some Humbug in their Cheer!

Dotty
18th December 2014, 09:56 AM
Another reason to have daylight saving.

By the time darkness falls, they need to be home to watch Ink Masters and Housos.

jimandr
20th December 2014, 12:29 AM
I've got a golf-related grinch double whinge.

Firstly, the events this week have been the Special Christmas Ham events, with hams as the major prizes, at my home course. The tightwads, plus a few non-regulars presumably on holidays, have filled the field, so I couldn't get a game on my normal days. As revenge, I did arrange for it to be super-hot on Wednesday, and not much better today. I;m sort of glad I couldn't get a tee time.

Secondly, there are no golf tourneys being televised, so I'm assuming none are being played. This'll probably happen next week as well. What are we supposed to watch? For me, darts doesn't cut it, and Live Surfing is one of those sports that should be a good TV sport, but it isn't.

I've got another one, but for its full meaning I won't vent that one until 7.00pm Saturday.

But, bah humbug anyway!

jimandr
20th December 2014, 06:38 PM
Today signals the start of a nightmare period for Grinches. Two things are happening this evening that Grinches will be heading to the pub to avoid, even if they don't normally hit the turps on Saturday evenings.

Firstly, the first of a number of awful remakes and versions of A Christmas Carol will be screening very shortly on 7. For me, the only worthwhile versions of this story are The Muppets version and the Mr Bean version.

It gets even worse after that, as Carols In The Domain starts. I'd rather hit 20 shanks in a row than watch that.

KristianJ
20th December 2014, 06:40 PM
22 minutes early, Jim. You bored? :lol:

goughy
20th December 2014, 08:20 PM
Reminds me, I have to download 'Scrooged' for the kids!

Hatchman
20th December 2014, 08:52 PM
Thank f**k for the hit and giggle cricket games.
Get to dodge stupid Santa or other stupid Xmas themed movies.

AndyP
20th December 2014, 09:39 PM
Why the **** is a shit song like "Come O Ye Faithful" still performed?

Johnny Canuck
21st December 2014, 01:06 AM
Today signals the start of a nightmare period for Grinches. Two things are happening this evening that Grinches will be heading to the pub to avoid, even if they don't normally hit the turps on Saturday evenings.

Firstly, the first of a number of awful remakes and versions of A Christmas Carol will be screening very shortly on 7. For me, the only worthwhile versions of this story are The Muppets version and the Mr Bean version.

It gets even worse after that, as Carols In The Domain starts. I'd rather hit 20 shanks in a row than watch that.

The Muppet Christmas Carol is brilliant.

goughy
24th December 2014, 08:37 PM
A hate it, but time for me to join this thread, and I feel bad doing so. But after 3 years now it's like 'really!'.

Just had xmas with the inlaws. Got the dad an oakley polo shirt and peter fitzsimmons new book Gallipoli, mother got a new top (has alzheimers and wears the same clothes every day). Brother got a remote for his dslr (the canon 7d on the list he gave us was a touch too expensive). Their daughters got boxes of kinetic sand, son got a dinosaur that roars and shoots some sort of dart. Iffi gift from us was for his wife, who got some candles which she seemed to love. But we don't know her that well yet and got her a gift card for her birthday recently.

From Rob's parents she got a choker necklace from Thailand that seems to have been made for very small necks as it barely fit Jasmine. I got a phone 'selfie' stick, which should come in helpful since I have taken 2 selfies since I got my first smartphone 7 years ago. Kyan got a onsie, and Jas got a $60 voucher (score).

From rob's brothers family, we got 3 board games (don't play them much, they know that) including a themed version of one they know we have, and the Twilight Scene It dvd game!! And a deck of cards with a family photo of us on the back. The kids got a couple of bluerays of so so movies, and I got a Marvel The Avengers The Ultimate Characters Guide book.....
Last year they gave us one combined present, a themed board game that got opened when they came over to play it in like June, and even though they knew the game it still took them nearly an hour to set it up.
The previous year they gave me and Kyan a combined xmas and birthday presents, two nerf model laser tag guns that also work with ipods and iphones, but not the ones we had. So you could use them to shoot at each other, but the only target that actually registers is a little light on the top of the guns, so unless you were within about 5 feet of each other aiming was near impossible.

It feels very sucky to be frustrated by this, but honestly I'd rather get just a card than draw stuffers! At least it wouldn't be money wasted. And why they ask us each year for what we want I have no clue!

AndyP
24th December 2014, 08:49 PM
Time to come to an agreement to not get each other presents

I certainly don't get presents for my siblings, and we stopped with their kids this year too. They get enough.

goughy
24th December 2014, 09:14 PM
Yep, that's sorted with my families side. We just get them for each others kids. But the other side have shown no interest in that. We even tried to go a 'secret santa' option with them. At least you can spend a bit more and get something fairly decent. But they weren't keen.

AndyP
24th December 2014, 10:36 PM
Why do I have to cop the calories for Santa's food every year?

talbo
24th December 2014, 11:02 PM
So over all this Xmas Sh!t..... literally cannot wait for Boxing Day!

LarryLong
24th December 2014, 11:42 PM
I called my sister at 3:20 this afternoon and asked her if she had bought anything for Mum and Dad (nope, so I'm off the hook too) and if she had bought me a present (nope, so nothing to buy there either). I probably would have braved the shops if I had to, but I'm glad it didn't come to that. It took quite a few Goughy years to get here, but we finallly seem to have made it to the point where we just buy for the kids (who already have too much stuff, of course).

Time to start wrapping, I guess.

Wardy101
25th December 2014, 01:24 AM
Best thing we ever did was going to "secret Santa" for family Xmas. Takes a lot of pain out of it. Kids still get far too much. My mum tells me that she spoils them because they couldn't give us much as kids but don't remember ever wanting for much.

AndyP
25th December 2014, 07:20 AM
I don't remember agreeing to a 5 o'clock wake up.

goughy
25th December 2014, 07:50 AM
Me either - granted my wake up was because of a cat, not the kids. We did our xmas last night as we're going to brissie to see my family today and Rob needs as much sleep as she can get, so it saved her the early wake up.

I went down and set up my electronic drum kit again, which I haven't been using as I've been too busy/tired.

mrbluu
25th December 2014, 07:56 AM
The last of my Xmas Shopping
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/24/6f085a4dd7f160023d1560158e2268c0.jpg

AndyP
25th December 2014, 08:58 AM
The Anne Murray songs have been put on. Kill me.

Archi
25th December 2014, 09:26 AM
Sitting at work - bah humbug !

WBennett
25th December 2014, 01:31 PM
Filling up a pool sitting in the rain... got a stubby and 90s dance tracks going. This isnt too bad really!

Tongueboy
25th December 2014, 01:41 PM
Turkey in the BBQ, Missus and her kids prepping vegies and other stuff and me on the throne making room for the Turkey! This is ok also!

markTHEblake
25th December 2014, 04:33 PM
For the Grinches, its christmas, so time to have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

markTHEblake
25th December 2014, 04:36 PM
and now for a special christmas message from SCOTT STERLING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5nQuJh_iLI

damoocow
25th December 2014, 06:42 PM
For the Grinches, its christmas, so time to have a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Very enjoyable - I liked the chair best...

Dotty
25th December 2014, 09:54 PM
The bro's in-laws have a tradition of giving out presents one at a time.

During the drawn out event, their dog was sleeping behind the lounge. As each gift was unwrapped and the ribbon discarded, I covertly tied it to his collar.

When he got up later, he looked like a multi-coloured lion.

AndyP
25th December 2014, 11:06 PM
I don't appreciate some of the off topic cheer above. GGF!

Whoever decided that the worst dad jokes ever should go in bonbons deserves multiple punches to the face and genitals.

markTHEblake
25th December 2014, 11:09 PM
Very enjoyable - I liked the chair best... You sick bastard.

Me too

goughy
26th December 2014, 02:22 PM
Showed that to Kyan a week or so ago. He was crying by the end. I like him crawling away myself

Hatchman
23rd December 2015, 01:49 AM
Time to get your Grinch on.
Is this fn xmas thing over yet so things can get back to some sort of normal :D.

Hatchman
23rd December 2015, 04:28 AM
Yep it's that time of year where I have to hand out these to the ungrateful ****s and smile.

sms316
23rd December 2015, 05:14 AM
Happy Festivus Snatchman

AndyP
23rd December 2015, 08:41 AM
My wife says that she hasn't got me a present this year. Good! Now I don't have to do any Christmas shopping at all.

goughy
23rd December 2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks to her scooter Rob got to spend the hours Xmas shopping this year. Win for me. And because of getting the scooter we aren't getting each other something. Score again. We don't do presents with my sister and her hubby, just the kids which is a third score for me.

We tried to organise the same thing, or at the least a secret Santa thing with Rob's family but they wouldn't have a bar of it! Felt like all those 'scores' went out the window.

Hatchman
23rd December 2015, 12:33 PM
Thanks to her scooter Rob got to spend the hours Xmas shopping this year. Win for me. And because of getting the scooter we aren't getting each other something. Score again. We don't do presents with my sister and her hubby, just the kids which is a third score for me.

We tried to organise the same thing, or at the least a secret Santa thing with Rob's family but they wouldn't have a bar of it! Felt like all those 'scores' went out the window.

You need to start the no gifts one year without them.
The look when you you say, sorry we didn't get you anything and we told you will be priceless.

Captain Nemo
23rd December 2015, 06:54 PM
My wife says that she hasn't got me a present this year. Good! Now I don't have to do any Christmas shopping at all. Good minds think alike!She has hinted buying the iPad pro thingo post Xmas but I'll buy it thru the business....

goughy
23rd December 2015, 07:28 PM
You need to start the no gifts one year without them.
The look when you you say, sorry we didn't get you anything and we told you will be priceless.

Ain't worth the grief! And when we tried to explain the secret santa thing to her father, he was all 'so I may not even get a present from my wife'. It just wasn't worth trying to explain that it wasn't about within a set, but....... oh just isn't worth the hassle. Gift cards for everyone. And of course, 2 days ago Rob's brother who was adamant they wanted to do presents, sends me a message asking for suggestions for both the kids, and also me and Rob. You wouldn't have to ask me if you'd gone the sensible route!

Actually, what always bugs me (it's xmas/present'y) and I feel grinchy about it though I think I'm justified - he always emails us a present list, qualifying at the start that he realises that some of the stuff on the list is wishful thinking! Then on the list includes things like a canon eos 1d, multiple different high speed canon lenses, canon speedlight.......... WTF. Are we the rich relatives or something? We actually feel a bit insulted when he does it. When he asks us there's just nothing in particular I want. Not much I really need. The last two gift vouchers I've gotten (both good choice stores for me); one I used to get Jasmines xmas present, and the other I just got will be buying a new remote for the kids tv etc.

Hatchman
23rd December 2015, 07:43 PM
Happy Festivus Snatchman

Cheer mate.
Happy Festivus yourself or if you swing the other way happy Xmas :D

AndyP
23rd December 2015, 09:55 PM
Piss off out of this thread with your festive well wishes.

Hatchman
23rd December 2015, 10:31 PM
Piss off out of this thread with your festive well wishes.

3Puttpete
23rd December 2015, 10:49 PM

Johnny Canuck
24th December 2015, 11:10 AM

Shadesy
24th December 2015, 12:54 PM
Yep it's that time of year where I have to hand out these to the ungrateful ****s and smile.

See you got Christmas Lunch sorted.

3Puttpete
24th December 2015, 01:04 PM

LarryLong
24th December 2015, 11:18 PM
I cleaned the bathroom tonight to avoid having to watch the little drummer boy with the family.

Just starting to wrap the ever growing mountain of presents.

One more day, Grinches!

Ferrins
25th December 2015, 06:03 AM
A round of golf at Barnbougle from Lady Ferret😀

AndyP
25th December 2015, 08:56 AM
Bars are closed today, just when I really need one to get through the day.

hacker
25th December 2015, 09:30 AM
Bah! Humbug!

Jazz18
25th December 2015, 09:37 AM

What's wrong with sitting at home and having a few quiet ones? Jack and coke always works for me!

AndyP
25th December 2015, 10:00 AM
People that like Christmas are at home.

Dotty
25th December 2015, 10:15 AM
People that like Christmas are at home.
You're very welcome here, AP.

I'm in the process to painting over the only feature walls in the house ... in beige.

AndyP
25th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Fox Footy today was showing some of Sam Mitchell's best games. We're talking some great games for a Hawks fan here with a few Grand Final wins in there.

With the GFs to come, and nearing the start of the last quarter of the 2013 prelim vs the Cats, which is one of my favourite quarters of footy, I get the call to go outside, away from the TV, for Christmas food. I don't get back in for the rest of the day.

FFS!

Ron Burgundy
25th December 2015, 09:52 PM
Fox Footy today was showing some of Sam Mitchell's best games. We're talking some great games for a Hawks fan here with a few Grand Final wins in there. With the GFs to come, and nearing the start of the last quarter of the 2013 prelim vs the Cats, which is one of my favourite quarters of footy, I get the call to go outside, away from the TV, for Christmas food. I don't get back in for the rest of the day. FFS! I had the same issue. Fox was replaying the state of origin series. Just as they kicked off the 3rd game (which I'd have bloody loved to watch us win by millions again) I got called outside for lunch. Buy the time I got back they had moved onto showing the Broncos lose the GF. Didn't hold quite the same appeal. To be fair the food and booze made up for the disappointment somewhat though.

AndyP
25th December 2015, 10:04 PM
The food and booze was good. Listening to the great-aunt-in-law waffle on about herself wasn't so good.

PerryGroves
26th December 2015, 08:22 AM

For my sins I have some mates from QLD. I remember one of the boys telling me he went out to the airport on Good Friday in the 80s to get a drink. May still work on Xmas Day.

Captain Nemo
26th December 2015, 08:53 AM
Fox Footy today was showing some of Sam Mitchell's best games. We're talking some great games for a Hawks fan here with a few Grand Final wins in there. With the GFs to come, and nearing the start of the last quarter of the 2013 prelim vs the Cats, which is one of my favourite quarters of footy, I get the call to go outside, away from the TV, for Christmas food. I don't get back in for the rest of the day. FFS!#karma !Merry Xmas Andy!🍻

Grunt
26th December 2015, 10:54 AM
I was the full grinch this year, bought nothing told the girls to buy what they wanted and I bought everything I wanted and gave it to them to wrap. No surprises, no let downs.

mrbluu
26th December 2015, 10:57 AM
I was the full grinch this year, bought nothing told the girls to buy what they wanted and I bought everything I wanted and gave it to them to wrap. No surprises, no let downs.

That's smart!!

Dotty
26th December 2015, 12:22 PM
I started that with my parents 20 years ago, but you also wrap your own gift.

That way there is still a surprise on Xmas day, to see what present you 'gave'.

AndyP
26th December 2015, 01:14 PM
The wrapping sounds like a PITA. Why bother?

LarryLong
26th December 2015, 02:43 PM
My mother in law used to give me a present wrapped in two supermarket bags with a ribbon tied around the top. It was usually a couple of boxes of fruit loops.

Dotty
26th December 2015, 03:00 PM
The wrapping sounds like a PITA. Why bother?
To show the terrorists that nothing has changed.

hacker
1st December 2016, 08:03 PM
Bah f'n humbug*

*unless you are young enough to legitimately still believe in Santa then you are one of the few things that make me warm and fuzzy inside.

wazamac
1st December 2016, 09:41 PM
Totally agree.

LarryLong
2nd December 2016, 11:37 AM
Decorations went up at work yesterday. Shit's getting real. I probably need to remind my daughter not to blow Santa's cover at school, but I'm secretly hoping she tells everybody.

3oneday
2nd December 2016, 04:34 PM
Climbing a ladder tomorrow for my new Christmas lights, bought myself a new gap wedge for someone to give to me.

Love it, will be able to drink beer every day for about 7 days, how bad is Christmas!

Hatchman
2nd December 2016, 08:41 PM
Is it that time of year again.

Dotty
2nd December 2016, 09:19 PM
The bro's in-laws (esp. jealous FIL) want to cut down on presents this year, so they are doing secret santa. My SIL informed me that I 'drew' her father's name out of the hat.

'Perfect. I'll logon to Oxfam and buy him a goat to sustain a family in Africa. That'll cut down on presents.'

Woo hoo! I'm now banned from buying presents this year.

pt73
12th December 2016, 07:39 PM
That's gold .....

mrbluu
12th December 2016, 07:48 PM
The bro's in-laws (esp. jealous FIL) want to cut down on presents this year, so they are doing secret santa. My SIL informed me that I 'drew' her father's name out of the hat.

'Perfect. I'll logon to Oxfam and buy him a goat to sustain a family in Africa. That'll cut down on presents.'

Woo hoo! I'm now banned from buying presents this year.
Families in Bonnyrigg like goats as well.[emoji3]

Dotty
12th December 2016, 08:03 PM
That's gold .....
Good.

The other two can bring the frankincense and myrrh.

highballin
14th December 2016, 07:59 PM
Take that grinches

https://youtu.be/m2lwIZNC9PY

coalesce
14th December 2016, 08:08 PM
Bet the neighbours will be fed up of that song pretty quick...

highballin
14th December 2016, 08:12 PM

There is more

AndyP
14th December 2016, 08:36 PM
Isn't that old?

At work they are doing a secret santa thing. I am the only one that refused to participate.

LarryLong
14th December 2016, 09:45 PM

Even without the annoying lights I'd be kicking their speakers in within a few nights. Five years working in my Dad's pub on a Friday night left me thoroughly sick of that song.

I've got holiday houses either side of me and no lights in the street so far - fingers crossed it stays that way.

Isn't that old?

At work they are doing a secret santa thing. I am the only one that refused to participate.

I usually go in my work's Kris Kringle and buy the stupidest gift I can find. My proudest moment was walking back to the desk with the bloke who picked my present (a miniature etch-a-sketch with a statue of a pig on top of it) and having him tell me how disappointed he was after he bought a good gift and then received something completely useless in return.

Toxic
14th December 2016, 09:57 PM
Take that grinches
https://youtu.be/m2lwIZNC9PY About 950 metres from my place.It's impressive

AndyP
14th December 2016, 10:05 PM
Walking in a Xmas light street full of lots of people is a great opportunity for some crop dusting.

goughy
15th December 2016, 06:42 AM
Plenty of money around my place, so plenty of lights going up. Won't be happening at my house. Our xmas tree lights didn't work this year so Rob bought some new ones and open the box and there's no transformer inside. World's giving us a message...

That ac/dc house has been doing the rounds a few years now I think. It pops up in feeds every xmas.

Hatchman
15th December 2016, 10:20 AM
Isn't that old?

I knew there had to be one thing I like about you :D.

I like that they don't even ask me to participate now.

AndyP
15th December 2016, 10:25 AM
I knew there had to be one thing I like about you :D.

I like that they don't even ask me to participate now.
I didn't realise that you were developing a list of dislikes.

Hatchman
15th December 2016, 12:50 PM
I didn't realise that you were developing a list of dislikes.

I'm not. Been ambivalent until now :D

jimandr
15th December 2016, 05:18 PM
I was going to post in the Bemused thread, but as this one is active (and I'm a grinch), here I am, posing the following question.

Who buys albums of Christmas Music, and why?

Surely it is just about all the same, whether it is John Farnham or Bing Crosby. If you have one, why get another one?

Thankfully, my Christmas family gathering doesn't feature Carols on the stereo, but my Mum does watch the Carols on TV every year. I'm glad that my attendance in front of the TV isn't compulsory for that.

goughy
15th December 2016, 05:40 PM
Am is Grinch cause I'm happy that we're note done with school xmas carols? They drag out the same carols every year; I mean surely there must be some funky New ones they could sing. And by the end of it half the families are gone cause as soon as their kids has sung they bolt.

Dotty
15th December 2016, 05:58 PM
Am is Grinch cause I'm happy that we're note done with school xmas carols? They drag out the same carols every year; I mean surely there must be some funky New ones they could sing. And by the end of it half the families are gone cause as soon as their kids has sung they bolt.
Cat Stevens in the other thread should be able to write some for you.

AndyP
25th December 2016, 08:40 PM
Two days in a row without cricket. What a ****ing joke!

jimandr
31st December 2016, 09:26 PM
As this is the Grinch thread and not the Christmas Grinch thread, I can post here, and now.

For the first year ever, I have become a New Years Eve Grinch. Clever readers may conclude that I am posting from home, which means that I am not going out on New Years Eve.

Indeed, for the last number of years I have gone out early and returned home before midnight to avoid the uncontrollable drunks and idiots at the turn of the year, but this year I've gone all the way. While I've been old for years, this must be the final proof that I am now old.

Besides, I don't know all the words to Auld Lang Syne.

I have whinged for years about the crowds of drunks, how difficult it is to get a drink and when in Sydney City how insanely crowded it gets. I will also say that Ballina on New Years Eve hasn't got much of a vibe. But I just couldn't be bothered this NYE.

LarryLong
31st December 2016, 09:35 PM
Grinch on Jim. I haven't done anything for NYE for years. I live near the beach, so most years I just stay home and listen to the idiots walking from the pub to the beach. That's enough entertainment for me.

This year I might wander up to the beach to watch the 10pm fireworks, but I doubt that I'll be up at midnight.

Grunt
1st January 2017, 08:28 AM
Same here, last celebrated NYE was on a cruise in 2013 but nowadays it is just stay hope and ensure we are up and about early today to go somewhere while the plebs all sleep off their NYE celebrations. Will be Wet n Wild today.

AndyP
1st January 2017, 11:11 AM
Those fireworks seem like a waste of taxpayer's money.

3Puttpete
1st January 2017, 11:39 AM
Same here, last celebrated NYE was on a cruise in 2013 but nowadays it is just stay hope and ensure we are up and about early today to go somewhere while the plebs all sleep off their NYE celebrations. Will be Wet n Wild today.

That's a long drive

goughy
1st January 2017, 12:50 PM
Those fireworks seem like a waste of taxpayer's money.

That's exactly what we were all saying at the party last night! Even more so, why broadcast them on TV, cause that's a big waste as they're pretty unspectacular on TV.

Grunt
1st January 2017, 01:59 PM
That's a long drive

To the Sydney one you numpty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian
1st January 2017, 08:27 PM
Bloody plebs.

Dotty
11th December 2017, 08:15 AM
Put up the Xmas tree this morning.

A 2' willow stick, with a sparkly twist tie, a bell on a ribbon and an acrylic snowman from past 'home-crafted' Xmas gifts.

wazamac
11th December 2017, 11:18 AM
2017 and I still f***ing hate christmas.

Hatchman
11th December 2017, 02:25 PM
2017 and I still f***ing hate christmas.

+2

LarryLong
12th December 2017, 07:13 AM
Had to sort out my Dad, who had a fall on Sunday arvo and ended up having to go to hospital for a hip replacement. Missed out on attending the local carols by candlelight as a result.

#winning

Dotty
12th December 2017, 07:29 AM
My photo was taken at a Xmas event last year and used on the cover of a charity's newsletter.

Currently running it through the colour photocopier to produce this year's wrapping paper.

AndyP
25th December 2017, 08:59 AM
How shit is social media today?

jimandr
27th December 2017, 12:35 PM
2 extra kilos in three days, and quite possibly more to come as some chocolate and biscuits with my name on the box keeps calling out to me. If it wasn't Xmas time this wouldn't happen.

It'll take months for those kilos to come off, if they ever do, even if I follow the advice in another thread. It is not fair.

Hatchman
6th December 2018, 09:55 PM
Time to bump this.
Still the worst month of the year.

AndyP
7th December 2018, 07:08 AM
Sometimes you have to drink your way through it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181206/28e8ad8434bbde3ea2ed1100b3dfea03.jpg

AndyP
25th December 2018, 12:03 AM
Hey, you Christmas loving dumbarses. Keep enjoying your "Christmas" songs, such as celebrities singing about starving Africans, George Micheal singing about a broken heart, and of course, all that ancient stuff about Jesus, which you usually don't care about, just because they are something to do with Christmas.

Dotty
25th December 2018, 06:23 AM
Put up the Xmas tree this morning.

A 2' willow stick, with a sparkly twist tie, a bell on a ribbon and an acrylic snowman from past 'home-crafted' Xmas gifts.
Tree looks even better this year, with a plastic dragonfly and couple of pieces of ribbon off homemade rocky road.

I should hang the rocky road on it as well. There's something not quiet right about blobs of chocolate covered fruit pastilles.

Ron Burgundy
25th December 2018, 12:03 PM
Hey, you Christmas loving dumbarses. Keep enjoying your "Christmas" songs, such as celebrities singing about starving Africans, George Micheal singing about a broken heart, and of course, all that ancient stuff about Jesus, which you usually don't care about, just because they are something to do with Christmas. What’s wrong Andy? Did someone give your heart away last Boxing Day?

AndyP
25th December 2018, 06:50 PM
This year, to save me from tears, I'm drinking some beers that are special.

Hatchman
24th December 2019, 11:18 AM
Late Bump

Office wenches streaming xmas songs in the office.
Turn that crap off and listen to it at home.

AndyP
24th December 2019, 11:38 AM
Good late save with the bump, Hatchy.

I've managed to avoid most Christmas stuff this year, although we are hosting at our house for the first time in ages, so I might pop back in later.

Hatchman
24th December 2019, 01:08 PM
I made sure I had 2x as many coffees today after the first filthy look of the Coffee Grinder noise dominating over their poxy ear bleeding songs.

AndyP
24th December 2019, 06:36 PM
I was driving to My Beer Dealer to grab some brews to get me through the next couple of days, listening to Apple Music. The music stops and a message pops up in the app to tell me that someone else is using the app now.

Messaging with wife:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/42f17fb7bb24e0299c2a8670186f8b7c.jpg

benno_r
24th December 2019, 06:54 PM
Good point well made.

wazamac
24th December 2019, 10:21 PM
It is the most shitiest time of the year!

Sitting at the shopping mall today having a coffee and witnessed true spririt.

Wife: " I'll just get these gifts cards too"
Husband: "We have spent way too much already. Can't afford it!"
Wife: " You need to go earn more money then"

Hatchman
23rd December 2020, 01:21 PM
Very late bump.

Due to Covid this year the Xmas BS seems to have taken a back seat at work and no ones bothering with anything at work.
This I like very much.
Also finally got Day Shift on the Ham hand outs so don't have to pretend and say pleasant greetings to the turds I don't like.

Hatchman
23rd December 2022, 10:20 AM
Late bump again from Grinch Land.
Seems like some years of Covid has gotten the office wench's into the habit of a lack of Xmas BS spirit.
I like this apathy very much.

markTHEblake
23rd December 2022, 11:50 AM
Happy Holidays everyone - apology in advance for anyone offended by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ovZhUl4h7Q

LeftyHoges
23rd December 2022, 02:45 PM

Wow, that guy is a double threat.

Unfunniest man on the planet, AND the bloke you most want to punch in his stupid face-pulling head.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT FACIAL HAIR???

AndyP
23rd December 2022, 03:06 PM
Unfunniest man on the planet,
It did have the feel of a comedian's set, but came across as just a guy having a rant. If that's funny and pays the bills, then I've missed my calling.

Webster
23rd December 2022, 03:08 PM
I love Christmas, it’s a wonderful time of the year. So happy birthday to you, Jesus, the greatest homosexual black man in history.

goughy
23rd December 2022, 04:42 PM
Xmas lunch at our place again this year, as in-law said they don't have enough room at there place......
Have just done a month straight at work, and 12 to 14hrs a day many of them the last 2 weeks. I won't be finished till late tomorrow, and with Rob unwell I'll be taking care of most of Xmas (have to start the beef around 4am)...... and with a rift within the family atm (nothing to do with us), I'd kinda just prefer they all f off.

AndyP
23rd December 2022, 05:23 PM
Xmas lunch at our place again this year, as in-law said they don't have enough room at there place......
Have just done a month straight at work, and 12 to 14hrs a day many of them the last 2 weeks. I won't be finished till late tomorrow, and with Rob unwell I'll be taking care of most of Xmas (have to start the beef around 4am)...... and with a rift within the family atm (nothing to do with us), I'd kinda just prefer they all f off.
Tell them that you have COVID. It works a treat to get out of Christmas shit.

goughy
23rd December 2022, 05:27 PM
I wish I could, but Rob wouldn't let me! Plus her mum will be here, and with her Alzheimer's this might be the last one she makes!
I'll have half of Monday to rest before getting back into it.

wazamac
23rd December 2022, 06:00 PM
Merry Christmas. Hope you have all been bad so Santa brings us coal to keep our lights on.

goughy
23rd December 2022, 08:26 PM
We have solar panels, so we're ok for the lights.....
Unless we need them on at night.... Then we're screwed!

PerryGroves
23rd December 2022, 08:57 PM

I know MTB is never wrong however I have to say I've made a mistake. After having the unfortunate experience of seeing Lawrence Mooney do a Malcolm Turnbull routine, I declared him the unfunniest comedian........this punter would lap him.

Dazza
24th December 2022, 12:02 AM
I'm quite looking forward to having absolutely no bastard at my house on Christmas Day this year.

BobsYourUncle
24th December 2022, 09:21 AM
I'm not looking forward to having my mother-in-law staying with us tonight.

LeftyHoges
24th December 2022, 05:43 PM
I'm quite looking forward to having absolutely no bastard at my house on Christmas Day this year.Yeah, boi!!!!!