PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 6th March

Grunt
9th March 2006, 04:47 PM
Well you all have left it to me to start this thread :p

Played Liverpool with Matt, Geoff & Trung. Shot 31 points in a very up & down day with 2x 4 point holes, 3x 3 point holes & 5 wipes. Very shaky start with myself swinging the club way too fast. It took almost 10 holes to get my rythym right but it was good with some great ballstriking giving me good results.

See how I go in the morning @ mac Grange with Andrew.

Flowergirl
9th March 2006, 06:07 PM
Busy week of golf. $ ball ambrose last Friday at Kingston Links - Corporate Day. Won nothing - not even the raffle!!! Played pretty crap. :(

Sunday....social game at Rosebud Country Club. Only played nine and had a very nice 46. Nothing great but honest golf.

Tuesday 4BBB at Sandhurst - course is only 18 months old. Should be ok given time. Gave me the pips though cos nothing would stay on the green. Land a lovely pitch on the front of the green and the ball would shoot off over the back. Not good. We could only manage a lousy 35 points.

Wed 4BBB at Portsea. Perfect golf weather and played ok. My partner and I teamed up well. When I played crap she made the shots and vicky versa. We had 45 points and were third behind two Portsea teams - the good old home course advantage.

Tomorrow playing in a Salver at Devil Bend. Phew....I was glad to come to work today to have a rest. :mrgreen:

BrisWesty
9th March 2006, 10:29 PM
Had a couple of 9 hole rounds before work yesterday and today.

Shot 43 (7 over) yesterday on the front 9 at Caboolture - 2 girs, 4 fairways, 16 putts. Spoiled by a double bogey coming out of a bunker on the 8th, made up for by coming out of a bunker for a tap in on the 9th.

shot 39 (4 over) this morning on the back 9 at Caboolture including a lost ball. Started off scrappy, but finished par, par, par, par, birdie. 3 girs, 2 fairways, 13 putts. Very happy with the finish.

chappy1970
10th March 2006, 08:32 AM
Stroke round yesterday

83 Gross, 74 Nett 33 putts

Used up my handicap on the front nine and shot a handy 38 (2 over on the back nine) to partially recover.

Played Monday through Thursday and you know what I could play the next 5 days too. Just loving my golf at the moment.

Chappy

BrisVegas
10th March 2006, 02:11 PM
Played Gailes from the tips this morning with stoney, Iain and steverawlo.

87 gross
80 nett (+7)
7 fairways
8 GIR
31 putts

Hit the ball pretty bad off the tee. Lost a ball and hit a few really ugly flub/skull chips... But also hit some great chips and bunker shots. Just not consistent enough yet. Greens were still pretty awful, but better than a couple of weeks ago.

Looking forward to tomorrow! There's always hope.

Stoney
10th March 2006, 03:21 PM
Played Gailes from the tips this morning with stoney, Iain and steverawlo.

Thanks guys good time had by all

76 gross
74 nett (+1)
8 fairways
12 GIR
31 putts

Started very slowly and had a "right" day off the tee. Got better as the day went on. Showed signs of old form at times.

Jarro
10th March 2006, 04:08 PM
87 around Redcliffe today (32 points)

5 fairways
4 G.I.R
31 putts

Grunt
10th March 2006, 04:22 PM
Played this morning with Andrew @ Mac Grange
Another really inconsistent day 34 points but should have been around 37. 2 wipes. A couple of bad putts that should have dropped for birdie but **** happens. Just about every lay up off the tee hurt me:? . Oh well maybe next week at lakeside.

Fishman Dan
11th March 2006, 03:19 PM
An annoying day. Wasn't really tuned in, and turned up for my 2nd round with the Pro's old man (free cart ride ;)). No one else in our group turned up so we played as a 2some.

Par comp, so the tee sheet looked like swiss cheese. Everyone hates this format.

Had -4 (thanks holes 6-9), but everything other than those 4 holes were pretty average. A bad chip, 2 brain farts and a ball that vanished made it a challenge. I had plenty of chances to nullify those -'ves, but couldn't sink the putts.

Put a 5-iron on the 10th to 33cm. Pitched, spun right and stopped.. Awesome 2/+ :roll:

Matt 3 Jab
11th March 2006, 06:05 PM
irish 4 ball, played with connico, kept my individual score in my head, played out every hole and was on the card all day, didnt wipe a hole, so that helped.
Shot even par (43 points) and left 3 easy birdie putts out there. team had 91 points, 10 off the lead :shock:
Effective tee shots: 9/13 hit the driver well
GIR: 11/18, hit the irons great all day!
Puitts: 29!!!! 2 3 putts, missed 1 3 footer, left heaps of good chances out there
U/D's: 5/7 a chip in and some ok putting.

Jarro
11th March 2006, 06:57 PM
played Northlakes with the lads today ... great turnout, around 20 of us i think ... well done guys 8)

i had an 87 (32 points)
8 fairways
6 G.I.R's
34 putts

amanda
12th March 2006, 05:37 PM
Played in the ladies monthly medal today - shot a very ordinary 98/78 - a round that included a fair few 7s, a 9 and 2 birdies!

It was a day of contradictions - 9 over on the first 9, 16 over on the back. Had a fun day though :)

connico
12th March 2006, 05:48 PM
67 net... HC 25... no comment :)

edit: well if i comment i might give myself a big head which i shouldnt because i could have shot the lights out of my hcp today...maybe even shot it while it was dying...

brad
12th March 2006, 05:54 PM
Why not, It is worth a comment. Especially when on the second you are putting for Eagle!!!

I shot a net 77 whilst watching Connico play like a low marker. Not too many highlights except one pressure put for par, but a fairly solid round. Would have been better without the 10 on a par five though :)

BrisVegas
12th March 2006, 07:09 PM
29 points on Saturday at North Lakes. Didn't keep my stats, as I was thinking about my match with Perci.

Sprayed a few drives out to the right and each one cost me at least double-bogey. North Lakes rough is pretty unforgiving. Chipped fairly well and putted ok without holing anything. Sorry, this is all a bit vague. I was trying to work out stats, but for the life of me I can't remember much of the round. Added to the fact that 4-5 holes there seem identical...

jimandr
12th March 2006, 07:46 PM
I'm tempted to not post my round today at New Brighton with Brad, Connico and TS, and decide that it simply doesn't count, but, some readers will already know that I had a nett 82, so they may wish to know how I did it.

using Jono's Snake Eyes driver, with a shaft too stiff for my swing speed, I hit 3 fairways out of 11 attempts. At least 4 of the misses were into chip out sideways positions.

I hit 10 greens in reg out of 14 opportunities, the other 4 were chipouts.

I started putting using the 'claw' putting grip. It was a major failure, no touch at all. After 7 holes I abandoned it, holed my next two putts, then three-putted the following three greens in a row. Total of 39 putts, with 5 three-putts and two other misses under 6 feet.

I did strike a 7-iron to 1.84m on 11 for a potential nearest the pin (and missed the putt). I hope Brad or Connico monitor the result for me.

I also hit a shank, but thankfully didn't hit any more after that.

A day that tested my love of golf.

Moe Norman
12th March 2006, 09:27 PM
Added to the fact that 4-5 holes there seem identical... thats because they are. Have a ook at the scorecard, Mike, shavey and I were laughing afterwards because on the course map 3 of the holes have identical maps (or VERY close to it) it's like the graphics guy just copy pasted 3 times, and I can see why, because they ARE bloody identical!

last time at NL for a while for me.

BrisWesty
12th March 2006, 09:50 PM
North Lakes yesterday
93 (approximately)
30 points
30 putts
6 fairways
3 GIR
0/3 sand saves (all 2 putts)
Included a likely quadruple bogey (picked up), two triple bogeys and a double bogey. They were all from mistakes off the tee, or hitting Mike's ball.
I was really happy with my work around and on the greens.

Still not sold on the barbers' poles in the middle of the fairways.

cazandpaul
13th March 2006, 09:27 AM
Caz and I played a 4B for 44 points and picked up a ball - got a NTP - Caz can certainly carry a huge weight around the course.

Stoney
13th March 2006, 09:55 AM
Played Norths Lakes with the crew on Saturday. Good day and Thanks for the Match Play Practice Moe.

Had a really solid day until I run out of puff after 15. 2 days of golf in a row, not what I am used to any more.

76 Gross - 34 Points
10 Fairways
13 Greens
32 Putts
Included 2 Doubles

amanda
13th March 2006, 10:56 AM
I did strike a 7-iron to 1.84m on 11 for a potential nearest the pin (and missed the putt). I hope Brad or Connico monitor the result for me.

Congrats Jim - you won NTP on the 11th :-D

And I won the NTP on the 13th (240cm) :-D

Any preference on what brand/type of golf balls you'd like?

amanda
13th March 2006, 11:01 AM
Also - big congrats to Brad and connico for winning the 2B aggregate stroke prize :smt038

And to connico for winning C grade \\:D/

brad
13th March 2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks Connico. Sometimes its great to play with a burglar :)

3oneday
13th March 2006, 11:06 AM
Also - big congrats to Brad and connico for winning the 2B aggregate stroke prize :smt038

And to connico for winning C grade \\:D/Nice work guys, cleaned up.

Is connico playing the matchplay ??? Geez I hope not !!!

Pete

connico
13th March 2006, 12:04 PM
lol and i wont be playing matchplay...hehe since its started already. Regardless hope my hcp gets down to a fair level when im down for the champs in october...

Just imagine me shooting the lights out of my hcp and everyone giving me the evil eye...muahahah

thanks to brad with assist, he got a pretty low net to get us home...while i stole it away..

pt73
13th March 2006, 03:22 PM
36 points, played well the first 11 holes then went walkabout the last 7. Another .1 bites the dust as the CCR was 1 under par. :-(

PT

connico
13th March 2006, 04:14 PM
bahahah have a look at my Handicap on Golflink its still 25!! muahahaha hope ill be playing off 25 on friday :)

jimandr
13th March 2006, 09:21 PM
Congrats Jim - you won NTP on the 11th :-D

And I won the NTP on the 13th (240cm) :-D

Any preference on what brand/type of golf balls you'd like?

Anything 'premium' or even 'semi-premium', even if you have to convert 2 credit golf balls into one 'real' golf ball. At Camden Valley a golf ball has a nominal value of $4.50, so most people cancel two at once and get one ball off the top shelf. I quite liked the Bridgestone B330's I collected from New Brighton last time (and if I use them I stay on speaking terms with the Bridgey Club members).

Does this mean you aren't going to invite me back next time you have an invitation day because I won a NTP?

I actually know of a few places where the visitor mysteriously gets knocked off in nearest the pins by one of the last groups of members (it apparently happens at Strathfield and Bankstown). Could be just a sour grapes rumour of course.

shazza_rs
13th March 2006, 09:57 PM
Played Middle Ridge saturday comp. Course was set up for third Mens Champs so pretty tough conditions.

Had a net 74... one over so pretty pleased with that. Came runner up.

brad
14th March 2006, 12:17 PM
Anything 'premium' or even 'semi-premium', even if you have to convert 2 credit golf balls into one 'real' golf ball. At Camden Valley a golf ball has a nominal value of $4.50, so most people cancel two at once and get one ball off the top shelf. I quite liked the Bridgestone B330's I collected from New Brighton last time (and if I use them I stay on speaking terms with the Bridgey Club members).

Does this mean you aren't going to invite me back next time you have an invitation day because I won a NTP?

I actually know of a few places where the visitor mysteriously gets knocked off in nearest the pins by one of the last groups of members (it apparently happens at Strathfield and Bankstown). Could be just a sour grapes rumour of course.

Not sure what the deal with cost of ball is. I like NXT Tours and get them one for one, but then I think they may be one of the 'semi-premium' balls you were talking about. We'll get the ones you want if they are still available and you are more than welcome to open days anytime!

AndyP
14th March 2006, 01:02 PM
11/03/06, Northlakes GC, Stableford

FWRR: Don't fiddle on course

9/14 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
2/6 up & down successes.
36 putts.
------------
2 birdies.
3 pars.
4 bogeys.
5 double.
4 others.
Score 14-12-26pts (Par 36-36-72)

The stats actually don't look that bad, if only that told the story.
Here's a stat that gives a fair indication of how crap I played: 9 penalised shots.

I spent half the round trying to change my setup which resulted in a shank, and several chunks. By the time I decided that it was a bad idea to try and change things on the course (which I already knew), it was too late to make a smooth transition back to the old setup.

I guess I'll leave the setup changes for the range (if I ever go) like Dr. Bob tells me.

It sure was nice to walk away with a couple of birdies and an OZgolf NTP though.

Next round: Royal Pines social round.