PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SA Champs - Sat/Sun 14th/15th November @ Gawler/RA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

nadg63
24th November 2014, 05:35 PM
Saturday 14th November - Gawler/Sandy Creek GC - 1st tee-off @ 11.14am.

Sunday 15th November - Royal Adelaide GC - 1st tee-off @ 11am.

NOTE:- For both Champs rounds I have worked the cost out to GREEN FEES ONLY, if anyone wants to enter the hosting Club Comp that will likely be taking place on the day that will be extra. Not a compulsory thing, up to the individual

Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
Mon
PAID
OWING
Comments

Coalesce
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

Highballin
X

X
Y!
Y
X
$120

PAID Gawler member

Jasonb
X
Y
Y
Y
X
$150

PAID

Thecollective
Y
Y
Y
Y
X

$150

PAID

Simsy
X

X
Y
Y
X
$150

PAID

Marcel

Y
Y

$55

RAGC member PAID

HatchmanSS76
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

Timinsa
X

X

X

Y
X
RAGC MEMBER

Davek
X
Y
X
Y
Y
$115

PAID

Chilled
X
X
Y
Y
Y
$55

PAID (recip via Kooey)

Wazamac
X
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

James
X

X

X

Y
X
RAGC MEMBER

Ferrins
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

Peppas
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

3puttpete
X
Y
Y
Y
X

$150
PAID

Benno_r
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID (My Clicgear)

Jimandr
X

Y
Y
Y
Y
$150

PAID

Grunt
X

Y
Y
Y
X

$150

PAID

Lagerlover
X
Y
Y
Y
X
$150

PAID

Nudgee
X

Y
Y
Y
X

$150

PAID

Ploppy
X

Y
Y
Y
X

$150

PAID

Chris32
X

X

X

Y
X
$115

PAID

Hard_Pan
X
Y
X

Y
X

$115

PAID

Wenz
X

X

X
Y
X

$115

PAID

Attendees:

Tanunda:- 6 confirmed
Victor Harbor:- (4 tee times booked):- 16 confirmed
Gawler:- (6 groups booked) 18 confirmed,
RAGC:- (7 groups booked) 24 confirmed,
Monday?:- 8 potentially.

Saturday's Groups:

1 - 3puttpete, Highballin, Ferrins,

2 - Coalesce, Grunt, Benno_r

3 – HatchmanSS76, Nudgee, Jasonb

4 – Thecollective, Simsy, Ploppy

5 – Wazamac, Jimandr, Marcel

6 – Chilled, Peppas, Lagerlover

Sunday's groups will be decided/seeded after the Saturday round.

Re: the Sunday round at RAGC, whilst the actual green fee has been covered/paid, if you want to enter the Club Comp on the day that will need to be done on the day by the individual.

PRIZES up for grabs:-

Thursday- 1st, (TC) 2x NTP - 7th, 16th (HMSS76)

Friday - The Kitchener Cup, (Perpetual - to remain here I am informed), for overall team win, plus the individual Stableford Comp 1st, 2nd, (Wazamac) 2x NTP - 7th, 17th (HMSS76)

Saturday - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1x L/D - 18th, 3x NTP - 4th, 11th, 14th (Wazamac, HMSS76 + prize pool) Sleeve of ProV1 for most wipes (Ferrins)

Sunday - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1x L/D - 18th, 3x NTP - 3rd, 7th, 16th (Wazamac, HMSS76 + prize pool)

Saturday + Sunday - Overall Champion AND Overall NAGA! (Prize pool)

Monday - Kooyonga 1x L/D -16th, (Chilled) 2x NTP - 5th, 14th, Glenelg 2x NTP - 4th, 16th (HMSS76) 1st and NAGA each course, (Coalesce), PLUS 1st, 2nd for Combined scores for the day, (Wazamac)

Ironman Trophy for the best score over Fri-Mon rounds. (Wazamac)

'Stuff' donated by Peppas!

Sleeve of Volvic balls, (Lagerlover), for the most shanks PLUS something along the same lines from HMSS76!?

For scores from each day follow this link:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/46154-2015-S.A-Champs-Scores

PeteyD
24th November 2014, 05:59 PM
Is it going to be the same time of year? Need to plan ahead.

benno_r
24th November 2014, 06:04 PM
A bit of a way out, but maybe look into reno's and adjust dates a little to suit.

Lady Bay and Fluro would both be great for the Saturday, and then a tier 1 for the final round.

Make sure the Sunday is seeded, and get everyone around the green for the last 2 groups for a pressure cooker finish.

Adjust handicaps so no one can get more than 18 for the day! 😀

Wenz
24th November 2014, 06:45 PM
Bit keen are we.

coalesce
24th November 2014, 06:53 PM
It depends on prices but I was thinking we might be able to get a good deal at Wirrina if we are likely to have a few interstaters. Ok so it's a way out of town but it is near bakeries...

nadg63
24th November 2014, 08:38 PM
Is it going to be the same time of year? Need to plan ahead.

Preferably yes would be the answer to that one - any earlier and there's a good chance it will be very wet, any later, (after Xmas), and very likely it will be BLOODY hot! (talking high 30's - mid 40's) We did discuss this after the round yesterday and the opinion was that November is probably the best bet.

A bit of a way out, but maybe look into reno's and adjust dates a little to suit.

Lady Bay and Fluro would both be great for the Saturday, and then a tier 1 for the final round.

Make sure the Sunday is seeded, and get everyone around the green for the last 2 groups for a pressure cooker finish.

Adjust handicaps so no one can get more than 18 for the day! 

Lady Bay/Fleurieu never a problem for the Saturday round, the problem with getting on a Tier 1 course comes down to participants v members! With the 3 RAGC members this year we had one spare spot available to max it out, any more and we'd have been struggling, (each member there can sign in 7 guests) We are even worse off where Kooyonga is concerned, only one member and their guest quota per member is lower :( Unfortunately we have no OZgolf members at Grange or Glenelg so they are off the agenda. So of the three, RAGC would be the only possible venue, would just need Marcel and Timinsa to be 'nice' to a few more members to get them on board ;)

Bit keen are we.

Got to make it bigger and better for next year so the sooner we start planning the more likely that is to happen Wenz :)

It depends on prices but I was thinking we might be able to get a good deal at Wirrina if we are likely to have a few interstaters. Ok so it's a way out of town but it is near bakeries...

Again, shouldn't be a problem BUT reckon it rates below LB and Fleurieu as a Champs course!? Another venue that is normally available and could be considered for a Sunday is Victor Harbor!

Hatchman
24th November 2014, 08:49 PM
McCraken could be considered? Not as challenging as Fleurieu, LLB and Victor thou.

coalesce
24th November 2014, 09:07 PM
I meant use Wirrina as a base - it would be ok for a warm up round, and is close to Lady Bay, Fleurieu, Victor Harbour, Willunga, Goolwa - and only 2.5hrs from Kingscote on Kangaroo Island ;)

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 09:32 PM
A tier 1 is a nice to have but not a deal breaker.

thecollective
24th November 2014, 09:48 PM
Nadg: I would personally do a Peninsula run; we can play Victor / Fleurieu / LLB as they are all in close proximity. Accommodation is cheap in Victor and we can all hit the beach afterwards :). The Mercure at LLB is also pretty reasonable

Only thing is we will need to avoid schoolies week.

TC

Peppas
24th November 2014, 09:50 PM
All these course suggestions seem quite far from Hindley St.

Maybe next year everyone could stay at the Breakfree apartments on Hindley St (where Jim stayed, niiiice one Jim!) and we can use that as a base? :)

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 10:05 PM
Nadg: I would personally do a Peninsula run; we can play Victor / Fleurieu / LLB as they are all in close proximity. Accommodation is cheap in Victor and we can all hit the beach afterwards :). The Mercure at LLB is also pretty reasonable

Only thing is we will need to avoid schoolies week.

TC

I like this idea

Hatchman
24th November 2014, 10:10 PM
With this much notice I can start plotting where to send the Misister and Hatchling for a weekend away while I stay home and join in on the after golf activities.
Been a while since I did my bit to support the single mums of Adelaide. Ah the good old days when I knew all their real names at one place.
I'll be your ultimate wingman Peppas.

Peppas
24th November 2014, 10:14 PM
With this much notice I can start plotting where to send the Misister and Hatchling for a weekend away while I stay home and join in on the after golf activities.
Been a while since I did my bit to support the single mums of Adelaide. Ah the good old days when I knew all their real names at one place.
I'll be your ultimate wingman Peppas.

Awesome that pic looks just like you too hatchy!!

Start planning it. I'll start collecting dollar coins!

marcel
24th November 2014, 10:22 PM
A tier 1 is a nice to have but not a deal breaker.

Would be happy to organise a Friday or Monday hit at RA for those interstaters that can make it if we don't play there for the champs

Daggs
24th November 2014, 11:10 PM
I meant use Wirrina as a base - it would be ok for a warm up round, and is close to Lady Bay, Fleurieu, Victor Harbour, Willunga, Goolwa - and only 2.5hrs from Kingscote on Kangaroo Island ;)

We tried to book a club trip at Wirrina last year and got told no way LOL they dont do golf trips or bucks n hens nights .

Victor would be a great choice . Plenty of accommodation choices from backpackers to 4 or 5 star.
Would just have to play early on the Sunday to give the raiders time to get back to the airport if needs be.

Hatchman
24th November 2014, 11:19 PM
We tried to book a club trip at Wirrina last year and got told no way LOL they dont do golf trips or bucks n hens nights .

Victor would be a great choice . Plenty of accommodation choices from backpackers to 4 or 5 star.
Would just have to play early on the Sunday to give the raiders time to get back to the airport if needs be.

That's so funny :lol::lol::lol:. With all the financial trouble that place has had over the years they are being picky turning away business :roll:.

Daggs
24th November 2014, 11:29 PM
Just checked they web and it still states the same .

We ended up at the Grosvenor Hotel its in the middle of town ordinary back packers style accom but its $70 bucks a night with breaky (cooked) and a round of golf at McCracken , Victor or South Lakes good value really.

jimandr
25th November 2014, 04:17 PM
All these course suggestions seem quite far from Hindley St.

Maybe next year everyone could stay at the Breakfree apartments on Hindley St (where Jim stayed, niiiice one Jim!) and we can use that as a base? :)

The Breakfree was alright, but nothing special. The room I had only had one bed in it, so maybe there is more than one type of room. It ddn't totally block out the noise from the yahoo's walking home (probably disappointed) in the early hours.

In my opinion, it is what the SA guys want that matters. Us interstaters will come anyway, and it doesn't matter to us whether we play a round at Kooyonga or Royal Adelaide as part of a champs or as a Friday/Monday round.

Using my vague Knowledge of the area, Victor Harbour region is a good option for a two day event if you want a two-day event. The big benefit of a two-dayer is that you can put the best four players from day one in the last group on day two, building a nice sense of occasion for the finish.

Even though it is early days, I'm thinking that I might make a full 7 days of it next year. Renting holiday apartments or houses is usually much easier on a 7 day basis and much cheaper than hotels.

TC

Even with 12 months of intensive training, I still won't have a beach ready bod (as the women's mags say) so I won't be joining you on the sand.

coalesce
27th November 2014, 02:08 PM
So I would think that the first step should be locking in the date.

I guess close to the same weekend but next year would be the obvious choice, but avoiding schoolies - but I don't think the dates for it have been finalised in SA yet...

Peppas
27th November 2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah you guys need to lock in some dates then Hatchy can start planning how he will be an ultimate wingman.

nadg63
27th November 2014, 05:24 PM
So I would think that the first step should be locking in the date.

I guess close to the same weekend but next year would be the obvious choice, but avoiding schoolies - but I don't think the dates for it have been finalised in SA yet...

Have been trying to pin-point when schoolies dates are next year BUT have not been able to find anything!? :(

Looking back at previous years it appears they have taken place around the same time, Nov 22-24, (third weekend in November!?) If we take that as being the case then keeping a November date I believe we should shift The Champs to the second weekend in November (that also saves moving into December and getting to close to Christmas!) This would make it Nov 14th/15th (Sat/Sun)

Thoughts/opinions on this!?

Obviously IF schoolies was to fall on that weekend we would have to either look at changing dates OR picking venues to suit!? (LLB, Wirrina, Fleurieu, - just keeping away from Victor basically)

highballin
27th November 2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah good idea definitely not closer to Christmas

Peppas
27th November 2014, 06:57 PM
Guess no peppas birthday pre SA champs bash next year then!

Daggs
27th November 2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah good idea definitely not closer to Christmas

+1
And any earlier in November might throw out the cheap air fares because of the Cups carnival in Melbourne maybe???????

coalesce
27th November 2014, 07:39 PM
Lock it in Eddie

highballin
27th November 2014, 08:05 PM
So, what do we want to do next year then? Make it a 2-day Champs for instance .. !?

Suggestions welcome :)

Definitely 2 days let the leaders stew on it overnight and choke all the way home :lol:
It's the Ozgolf way !

3Puttpete
27th November 2014, 08:06 PM
Definitely 2 days let the leaders stew on it overnight and choke all the way home :lol:
It's the Ozgolf way !

24 points on day 1 and take the pressure off

coalesce
27th November 2014, 08:07 PM

That's what I did - only the Friday at Kooyonga

Hatchman
27th November 2014, 08:39 PM
It's the Ozgolf way !

Cool, I don't have to worry.

Hey, that's my plan everyone can get their own :)

nadg63
27th November 2014, 09:08 PM
+1
And any earlier in November might throw out the cheap air fares because of the Cups carnival in Melbourne maybe???????

Have to admit there was a selfish/all about me reasoning behind those dates, the weekend before is Targa High Country and I may be required there! ;)

nadg63
27th November 2014, 09:12 PM
Guess no peppas birthday pre SA champs bash next year then!

You can have a 'Post SA Champs Bash' instead! :)

Hatchman
27th November 2014, 10:45 PM
That weekend looks good. +1 here.
Now I can concentrate on next years pants.

Daggs
28th November 2014, 07:01 AM
That weekend looks good. +1 here.
Now I can concentrate on next years pants.

And a hat to match ;)

jasonb
29th November 2014, 07:45 PM
This weekend would be perfect for me, will be able to be more involved as my audited stock take is always the following weekend

nadg63
29th November 2014, 09:23 PM
So that weekend looks to be a goer then :) Only possible problem could be if Schoolies does happen to fall that weekend, but I'm sure we can work around that!

My personal opinion is that it would be great to have the Sunday round at RAGC once again, great venue/facilities, great course plus it is a bit of a drawcard to entice people to play. After Christmas I will put out a post gauging participant interest so Marcel/Timinsa can start 'working' on fellow members to get the required guest rates, (plus other OZgolf members do have contacts there also I have found out ;) )

So if we are able to keep Day 2 at RAGC that just means picking the venue for Day 1; this is likely to come down to Links Lady Bay, Fleurieu, McCracken, Tanunda Pines(!?), anywhere we can get a group of people booked in on a Saturday really.

Any suggestions please post :)

coalesce
29th November 2014, 09:49 PM
We went Lady Bay on the Saturday this year purely because it was easy to get a number of consecutive tee times. Where else could we do that?

highballin
30th November 2014, 05:33 AM
We went Lady Bay on the Saturday this year purely because it was easy to get a number of consecutive tee times. Where else could we do that?

Yep it was good value as well tough course for all except the Fescue Bandits !

3Puttpete
30th November 2014, 06:14 AM
Yep it was good value as well tough course for all except the Fescue Bandits !

You spelt winners wrong

Peppas
30th November 2014, 06:31 AM
Anywhere that is near that bakery with awesome Kitchener's works for me.

nadg63
30th November 2014, 03:19 PM

Agreed, and that is very likely to be the case again next year for that very reason! (that cuts deep having to type that :-s )

nadg63
2nd January 2015, 10:19 AM
OK, I know it's still a long way off BUT to be able to start trying to sort venues/planning etc could potential participants please post their interest in this thread so I can gauge numbers.

Thanks,

'nadg'

KristianJ
2nd January 2015, 11:51 AM
Pencil me in please.

nadg63
2nd January 2015, 12:00 PM
Pencil me in please.

Done KJ.

Wenz
2nd January 2015, 02:53 PM
And me, really hurts me that I missed last years at RA.

nadg63
2nd January 2015, 02:59 PM
And me, really hurts me that I missed last years at RA.

On the list :)

Peppas
2nd January 2015, 03:21 PM
Yep

nadg63
2nd January 2015, 03:30 PM
Yep

Thought you would be, the lure of single mums and buns, (with buns even!?)

Was going to PM you guys in a bit, still will 3PP, BR and J&R

Peppas
2nd January 2015, 04:01 PM
I love single mums... And Kitchener's.

Probably Kitchener's more

3Puttpete
2nd January 2015, 07:10 PM
What sort of champ doesn't defend his title?

In

benno_r
2nd January 2015, 07:13 PM
Pencil me in lads.

As long as Captain Blackbeard gets 1 shot a hole.

Awww hell, I'll be there either way

jimandr
2nd January 2015, 07:45 PM
What sort of champ doesn't defend his title?

In

The type of champ who finishes fourth in a field of 4 in the Champ of Champs playoff. You let us South Australians down.

Nadg, you'll note my use of the word us in the previous sentence (after all, I've been there twice now). I'm a starter.

3Puttpete
2nd January 2015, 07:50 PM
The type of champ who finishes fourth in a field of 4 in the Champ of Champs playoff. You let us South Australians down.

Nadg, you'll note my use of the word us in the previous sentence (after all, I've been there twice now). I'm a starter.

They're South Australian. Anything I do to them is an upgrade

KristianJ
2nd January 2015, 07:54 PM
They're South Australian. Anything I do to them is an upgrade

Where is Adelaide? That's in Queensland!

AndyP
2nd January 2015, 07:54 PM
He was 3rd through nine, but it was a poor representation of the SA Champs in the end.

coalesce
2nd January 2015, 08:13 PM
Pencil me in lads.

As long as Captain Blackbeard gets 1 shot a hole.

Awww hell, I'll be there either way

Its not like I won, sheesh

Daggs
3rd January 2015, 05:21 AM
Im in, I have a title to defend to you know :roll:

highballin
3rd January 2015, 07:14 AM

It happens all the time they win one major and put the clubs in the rack. Partying, loose women and fast cars takes its toll you know :roll:

nadg63
3rd January 2015, 08:07 AM
Looks like the dates in the topic header will be good to go - from the info I have managed to find 'Schoolies' is occurring the weekend after 8-)

3Puttpete
3rd January 2015, 08:44 AM
It happens all the time they win one major and put the clubs in the rack. Partying, loose women and fast cars takes its toll you know :roll:

It all got too big too fast for me to handle

AndyP
3rd January 2015, 08:47 AM
The partying definitely played a role.

3Puttpete
3rd January 2015, 08:50 AM
The partying definitely played a role.

And I've decided to change my ways. I'll not have another big NYE between now and my champs defence.

nadg63
3rd January 2015, 09:38 AM
It all got too big too fast for me to handle

Haha lol :-D

Daggs
22nd January 2015, 03:21 AM
Kunkie is in as well Nadg

nadg63
22nd January 2015, 03:40 PM
Kunkie is in as well Nadg

Cheers buddy, now on list :-)

Grunt
22nd January 2015, 05:02 PM
Can I light pencil? Got to see how much discretionary spending has been sucked out by Tayla's 1st year at high school.

nadg63
22nd January 2015, 07:37 PM
Can I light pencil? Got to see how much discretionary spending has been sucked out by Tayla's 1st year at high school.

Done.

At this early stage we are already up to a potential 21 competitors, will give it a while longer before deciding on the actual venues! (as mentioned early on, the amount of people taking part will influence that decision)

Peppas
23rd January 2015, 04:03 PM
So what are the venues you are thinking about for this year?? If I may ask this far in advance?

Any plans to play RA again? :)

nadg63
23rd January 2015, 04:58 PM
So what are the venues you are thinking about for this year?? If I may ask this far in advance?

Any plans to play RA again? :)

RA would be great but it is number dependent - players vs members/guests! This is why I have put it out there so early so as to try and find a way to make it work.

Failing that, could be out of Lady Bay, Fleurieu, Victor Harbor, The Vines, (though a few of us would have a bit of home-ground advantage there!) and so on.

RA is personally my number one choice for the Sunday round again :-)

Peppas
23rd January 2015, 05:11 PM
Can you find some Glenelg and Grange members? :)

3Puttpete
23rd January 2015, 06:27 PM
We could stay at lady bay and roll down the practice green when we get drunk

Peppas
23rd January 2015, 06:54 PM
We could stay at yankalilla next to the bakery. Take the scenic route to all the games. Rolling hills booyah!

Oh and Kitchener's!!!

3Puttpete
23rd January 2015, 09:39 PM
We could stay at yankalilla next to the bakery. Take the scenic route to all the games. Rolling hills booyah!

Oh and Kitchener's!!!

Rolling hills in 8 shades of brown!!

thecollective
24th January 2015, 08:58 PM
Rolling hills in 8 shades of brown!!

you could walk to that bakery from Lady Bay; at least then you would feel like you deserved a kitchener (& burn its calories to boot!)

TC

nadg63
24th February 2015, 04:48 PM
Anyone else keen, or anyone already playing know of any other possible players that may be interested in taking part in this?

As we're now approaching March just looking to get the venues settled.

Cheers,

'nadg'

hippo10
24th February 2015, 09:18 PM
I'd love to but doubt I'll be able to make it down at that time of year. It's a long way away to plan....

nadg63
25th February 2015, 12:27 PM
Y
I'd love to but doubt I'll be able to make it down at that time of year. It's a long way away to plan....

Not looking for 100% commitment at the mo, just indications of interest.

Reason behind this being ideally we'd like to play Royal Adelaide on the Sunday again but have to meet the members-guests ratio to do so.

matty
25th February 2015, 12:35 PM
Coalesce
Highballin
Jasonb
Thecollective
Simsy
Marcel
HatchmanSS76
Chris32
Davek
nadg63
Wenz
Chilled
Daggs
Timinsa
Kunkie

KristianJ
Peppas
3puttpete
Benno_r
Jimandr
Grunt
Lagerlover
Matty

G.K
25th February 2015, 01:41 PM
You can pencil me in as an expression of interest.

Have been meaning to get over to SA having never been there before and what better reason than to play golf. Might as well try for the VIC Champ, SA Champ double.

LeftyHoges
25th February 2015, 01:50 PM

Have been meaning to get over to SA having never been there before and what better reason than to play golf. Might as well try for the VIC Champ, SA Champ double.

Don't let him in guys, he's a ****ing burglar!!!! ;)

mrbluu
25th February 2015, 01:59 PM

NSW too???

G.K
25th February 2015, 02:03 PM
Why not try for the triple!

I should be able to get several played to 20 something's back into the equation by then.....;)

matty
25th February 2015, 05:03 PM
Don't let him in guys, he's a ****ing burglar!!!! ;)

Ain't that the truth :)

nadg63
28th February 2015, 08:12 AM
Have added you both to the list Matty & G.K

Chilled
1st March 2015, 04:10 PM
We better be careful otherwise there's going to be more interstaters that SA players at the champs! :D

nadg63
1st March 2015, 05:05 PM
We better be careful otherwise there's going to be more interstaters that SA players at the champs! :D

And!?

Chilled
1st March 2015, 05:06 PM
And!?And what?

nadg63
1st March 2015, 05:33 PM
And what?

I just wondered if there was more to it!

At the end of the day we have pretty much got the probable SA participants listed, not sure if anyone else is likely to join in so could indeed end up with equal/more interstaters! All are welcome :-)

Chilled
1st March 2015, 05:40 PM
I just wondered if there was more to it!There's not usually any more to an off the cuff thrown away joke comment.

Of course all are welcome.

nadg63
6th March 2015, 08:49 PM
On current attendance numbers, it looks like we should be covered members/guests to have Royal Adelaide GC as the venue for the Sunday round again :-)

As for Saturday ........... still contemplating that one!

Peppas
6th March 2015, 09:15 PM
Wooo!

highballin
6th March 2015, 09:47 PM
Wooo!

Yeah I know you let interstaters in and they win the covereted Orange jacket, hit balls out of trees the next thing you know they will be selling our Kitchener bun recipe out from under us :cry:

Ohh yeah and our single mums better not go there!

Peppas
6th March 2015, 10:12 PM
Yeah I know you let interstaters in and they win the covereted Orange jacket, hit balls out of trees the next thing you know they will be selling our Kitchener bun recipe out from under us :cry:

Ohh yeah and our single mums better not go there!

You got a couple of single mums you don't want us to know about? :)

Hatchman
6th March 2015, 11:17 PM
On current attendance numbers, it looks like we should be covered members/guests to have Royal Adelaide GC as the venue for the Sunday round again :-)

As for Saturday ........... still contemplating that one!

Lady Bay is easy to get on Saturday but we know how much you'll be trying to find another venue :mrgreen:.
We know McCracken is out as they couldn't garentee us a hit this month if we wanted Saturday.
What's Mt Compass like for a Saturday?
Other options would be to go North.
Not sure about Gawler, Nuriootpa and Tanunda for a Saturday.
There would be no problem getting us on Kapunda but it's a tier below but all would be welcomed and enjoy the day.

highballin
7th March 2015, 07:43 AM
Fluerieu no problem on a Sat could play in comp as well.

nadg63
7th March 2015, 09:59 AM
Fluerieu no problem on a Sat could play in comp as well.

Fleurieu is no problem on a Saturday BUT there's a bit of a situation going on there at the moment and the course is suffering for it! They now have no Pro, resigned/fired depending on who you're listening to, then a short while ago they fired the greenkeeper, so now there isn't one and the course condition is supposedly going downhill fast!?

Our Pro at The Vines played there 2 weeks ago with a group of 40 players and when asked his verdict was that the course was pretty ordinary to say the least, greens being shocking! (they did a 'Southern' weekend and he said Victor Harbor and McCracken were way better - Victor being the pick, but don't think we'd get on there on a Saturday ..... !)

On McCracken, I think we could get on there if playing in the afternoon HMSS76 because if you remember when we tried to book the Saturday it was for morning rounds, when they have their Comp running, which normally finishes around 11am. Would be an OK venue as it does have good facilities for after the golf!?

At the end of the day, as it meets all needs, has a good bar etc for afterwards, is a poxy course - it does look like Lady Boy will probably be it! (note still 'probably' at this stage :-) ;-) )

coalesce
7th March 2015, 10:49 AM
Ladyboys?

highballin
7th March 2015, 11:33 AM
Geez sorry to hear Fleurieu is going downhill. Such a beautiful design course and great test when in good condition. Haven't played there since Nov last year when I was still a member.

nadg63
7th March 2015, 02:05 PM
Geez sorry to hear Fleurieu is going downhill. Such a beautiful design course and great test when in good condition. Haven't played there since Nov last year when I was still a member.

Will keep an ear out as to what is going on there, still got a while before a decision venue wise needs to be made.

Chilled
7th March 2015, 03:34 PM
Another vote for Lady Bay on the Saturday, fantastic course :D

nadg63
7th March 2015, 03:53 PM

Invalid vote.

jimandr
7th March 2015, 04:05 PM

I vote against Lady Bay (so my vote must be valid) because I only had 27 points.

If Royal Adelaide is confirmed for Sunday, us interstaters won't care where Saturday is, but realistically you should be looking somewhere within a reasonable drive of Adelaide.

Having said that, if the McCracken comp last group is 11.00, surely they would be happy for us to join their comp at the end of the field? You guys are there later this month, so you should ask them then.

I also hope Chilled has made roster arrangements so that he has Friday or Monday off so he can get us on at Kooyonga again. I'd love another game there.

Chilled
7th March 2015, 04:11 PM
I also hope Chilled has made roster arrangements so that he has Friday or Monday off so he can get us on at Kooyonga again. I'd love another game there.Absolutely, be happy to host another game for you guys. Monday or friday is cool, whichever is better for you guys, but we'll organise closer to the time.

3Puttpete
7th March 2015, 05:56 PM

Was that where Coalesce and I won the 4BBB? I like it.

[emoji12]

coalesce
7th March 2015, 06:45 PM
Yeah I also won the Race to Bonville event there this year. I like it :)

Chilled
7th March 2015, 09:07 PM
Was that where Coalesce and I won the 4BBB? I like it. Most normal people love it :D

It's a great link(ish) course which is very very accessible and currently is sitting 61st in the top 100 courses in Australia. Saturday Links Lady Bay pre-champs warm up.....Sunday Royal Adelaide champs......stick with tradition :D

3Puttpete
7th March 2015, 11:01 PM
Most normal people love it :D

It's a great link(ish) course which is very very accessible and currently is sitting 61st in the top 100 courses in Australia. Saturday Links Lady Bay pre-champs warm up.....Sunday Royal Adelaide champs......stick with tradition :D

Sounds like a true test to determine a worthy champion.

coalesce
7th March 2015, 11:13 PM
2 day champs!

3Puttpete
8th March 2015, 12:31 PM
2 day champs!

That's like asking Usain Bolt to run a marathon!

I've only got one in me [emoji15]

highballin
8th March 2015, 01:23 PM

In that case let's make it 3 day champs just to be sure:lol:

coalesce
8th March 2015, 01:31 PM

I think you'd have won it this year if it had been a 2 day champs. One of us would have anyway

nadg63
8th March 2015, 01:36 PM
2 day champs!

Definitely a 2-day Champs this year - last years single day event was just a tester to gauge interest ;-)

Chilled
8th March 2015, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a true test to determine a worthy champion.Good luck going back to back with such a hot field this year :D

3Puttpete
8th March 2015, 02:24 PM
Good luck going back to back with such a hot field this year :D

You out?

[emoji2]

Chilled
8th March 2015, 04:07 PM
You out?

[emoji2]We are coming at you this year, we want that trophy back where it belongs....heh

Hatchman
8th March 2015, 08:04 PM
We are coming at you this year, we want that trophy back where it belongs....heh

Who's we?
Count me out, I only play for participation certificates.

Chilled
8th March 2015, 08:07 PM
Who's we?
Count me out, I only play for participation certificates.I have your certificate all drawn up and certified. Here it is now:

/pointing at my butt

nadg63
9th March 2015, 01:34 PM
I vote against Lady Bay (so my vote must be valid) because I only had 27 points.

If Royal Adelaide is confirmed for Sunday, us interstaters won't care where Saturday is, but realistically you should be looking somewhere within a reasonable drive of Adelaide.

Having said that, if the McCracken comp last group is 11.00, surely they would be happy for us to join their comp at the end of the field? You guys are there later this month, so you should ask them then.

I also hope Chilled has made roster arrangements so that he has Friday or Monday off so he can get us on at Kooyonga again. I'd love another game there.

To be honest, the distance from Adelaide to Lady Bay/McCracken is pretty much the same, Mount Compass/Fleurieu is the closest; did you think Lady Bay was a bit far to travel Jimandr?

Finding somewhere 'close' to Adelaide on a Saturday will be very difficult, all the courses will be busy with their own comps/members. A few of us play at The Vines, but on a Saturday the Comp there doesn't finish until 3pm, which is to late to be starting 6 groups.

Will make the final decision nearer the time once we have checked things out, playing McCracken in a couple of weeks and will have a game at Fleurieu two months or so before The Champs to see how things are there!?

jimandr
10th March 2015, 10:27 AM
To be honest, the distance from Adelaide to Lady Bay/McCracken is pretty much the same, Mount Compass/Fleurieu is the closest; did you think Lady Bay was a bit far to travel Jimandr?

No. Lady Bay was Ok, and if McCracken is about the same that is fine by me. Even if it wasn't, my opinion doesn't matter. It is what the locals want that counts, because you want the field to be as large as possible. Then more people can put the hate on Coalesce if he has 40 points two days in a row again.

coalesce
10th March 2015, 11:32 AM
Then more people can put the hate on Coalesce if he has 40 points two days in a row again.

For the record, my handicap has come in nearly 6 shots since then :p

benno_r
10th March 2015, 11:48 AM
For the record, my handicap has come in nearly 6 shots since then :p

So now if you get 40+ points, I'll pat you on the back and say "well done!". :mrgreen:

nadg63
10th March 2015, 03:23 PM
No. Lady Bay was Ok, and if McCracken is about the same that is fine by me. Even if it wasn't, my opinion doesn't matter. It is what the locals want that counts, because you want the field to be as large as possible. Then more people can put the hate on Coalesce if he has 40 points two days in a row again.

Of course your opinion matters J&R, would like to be as accommodating as is possible, so was just getting some feedback re last year :-)

Poor old Coalesce ..... ! ;-)

So now if you get 40+ points, I'll pat you on the back and say "well done!". :mrgreen:

Haha :-D

3Puttpete
10th March 2015, 04:18 PM
Anywhere on the continuation of a line from The Rad to Yankalilla works for me.

oldracer
13th March 2015, 11:03 AM
Just flicking through the thread, I gather it's a 2 day event, Sat/Sun, 18 holes each day? with a possible hitup Friday and a cooldown round on monday for those still around, is that the general thoughts?

3Puttpete
13th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Just flicking through the thread, I gather it's a 2 day event, Sat/Sun, 18 holes each day? with a possible hitup Friday and a cooldown round on monday for those still around, is that the general thoughts?

That's pretty much it. And Kitchener buns.

oldracer
13th March 2015, 11:14 AM
That's pretty much it. And Kitchener buns.goodo, put me in as a firm possible, I can't have GK having it all his own way again, seeking redemption....is accommodation organised individually???? or the best possible digs recommended by the locals once the venues are known?

benno_r
13th March 2015, 11:16 AM
Just flicking through the thread, I gather it's a 2 day event, Sat/Sun, 18 Kitchener Buns each day? with a possible Kitchener Bun Friday and a cooldown Kitchener Bun on monday for those still around, is that the general thoughts?

That's pretty much it. And Golf.

Fixed that for you lads.

3Puttpete
13th March 2015, 11:26 AM
goodo, put me in as a firm possible, I can't have GK having it all his own way again, seeking redemption....is accommodation organised individually???? or the best possible digs recommended by the locals once the venues are known?

Last year we sorted our own as we were all over the shop with coming and going and confirmation. There looks to be a few more interstaters this year so I'm sure closer to the date you'll find a roomy if you're looking for one

oldracer
13th March 2015, 11:37 AM
Last year we sorted our own as we were all over the shop with coming and going and confirmation. There looks to be a few more interstaters this year so I'm sure closer to the date you'll find a roomy if you're looking for onethanks 3PP, looking forward to it, my 2nd favourite town is Adelaide, Coopers Sparkling Ale mmmm, what's the topless bar/restaurant that's been open forever?? Checkers? many a wasted afternoon :shock:

Peppas
13th March 2015, 12:15 PM
Fixed that for you lads.

Don't forget the single mums!

Hatchman
13th March 2015, 12:27 PM
thanks 3PP, looking forward to it, my 2nd favourite town is Adelaide, Coopers Sparkling Ale mmmm, what's the topless bar/restaurant that's been open forever?? Checkers? many a wasted afternoon :shock:

There was Checkmates and Cobbs. Cobbs is long gone and not sure if Checkmates is still open?
If it's just flesh, you have the Crazy Horse (or equestrian club if you talk code in front of the Mrs), the 108 and the Firm. So I've herd :)

Peppas
13th March 2015, 12:29 PM
There was Checkmates and Cobbs. Cobbs is long gone and not sure if Checkmates is still open?
If it's just flesh, you have the Crazy Horse (or equestrian club if you talk code in front of the Mrs), the 108 and the Firm. So I've herd :)

Maybe we will have time this year to visit one of your establishments Hatchy, I heard you were a VIP at a few of them?

backintheswing
13th March 2015, 12:31 PM
Maybe we will have time this year to visit one of your establishments Hatchy, I heard you were a VIP at a few of them?

Will this really happen? You seem to prefer to go to your room and sleep[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Peppas
13th March 2015, 12:35 PM
Will this really happen? You seem to prefer to go to your room and sleep[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Guess you will have to come along and see!!!!!!!!!!

Hatchman
13th March 2015, 12:39 PM

Your source of information is good :) with 2 of the 3.
I'm looking to take some leave this year and ship the Big and little Ministers away for the weekend so I can partake in after golf festivities.

Peppas
13th March 2015, 12:48 PM
Your source of information is good :) with 2 of the 3.
I'm looking to take some leave this year and ship the Big and little Ministers away for the weekend so I can partake in after golf festivities.

Awesome

I suppose we will need to refer to you as "Mr" Hatchy while we are out on the town ;)

Hatchman
13th March 2015, 12:54 PM
Awesome

I suppose we will need to refer to you as "Mr" Hatchy while we are out on the town ;)

If the Minister is away Snatchman will do just fine :)

Peppas
13th March 2015, 12:59 PM
If the Minister is away Snatchman will do just fine :)

OK, Mr Snatchy

That just sounds wrong haha!

oldracer
13th March 2015, 02:07 PM
If the Minister is away Snatchman will do just fine :) Luvit!!!! 8)

nadg63
13th March 2015, 02:58 PM

Yes, that about covers it :-)

goodo, put me in as a firm possible, I can't have GK having it all his own way again, seeking redemption....is accommodation organised individually???? or the best possible digs recommended by the locals once the venues are known?

You're on the list; as for accommodation, like the guys have mentioned last year they organised it themselves, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction - benno_r, 3puttpete, Peppes, Jimandr!

nadg63
13th March 2015, 03:00 PM
That's pretty much it. And Kitchener buns.

And Schnitzels also seemed to be the order of the day!

oldracer
13th March 2015, 03:24 PM
And Schnitzels also seemed to be the order of the day!thanks Nadg, look forward to it cheers

oldracer
14th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Ladyboys?why bring Bluu into this :wink:

oldracer
14th March 2015, 01:24 PM
Nadg, what about a 4 day Ironman??? see who can eat the most Kitcheners????

nadg63
14th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Nadg, what about a 4 day Ironman??? see who can eat the most Kitcheners????

I'll leave that to you interstate guys! (to be honest I don't really like them, too sweet and sugary!)

oldracer
14th March 2015, 02:04 PM
actually I meant a 4 day ironman on the golf for those playing those days, total stableford points

coalesce
14th March 2015, 02:44 PM
actually I meant a 4 day ironman on the golf for those playing those days, total stableford points

It would depend how many people were playing. There were only 4 players on the Fri/Mon last year and only 2 people played all 4 days...

oldracer
14th March 2015, 02:55 PM
haha put in $10 to win $20 with a 50% chance :roll: a few more might hook on, could be over 3 days, just another set of numbers I guess

nadg63
14th March 2015, 05:18 PM

Oh, I see - duh!

It would depend how many people were playing. There were only 4 players on the Fri/Mon last year and only 2 people played all 4 days...

Work gets in the way for some people :-(

haha put in $10 to win $20 with a 50% chance :roll: a few more might hook on, could be over 3 days, just another set of numbers I guess

I'll hand this over to you Coalesce, seeing as you did a fine job organising the 'non-Champs' rounds last year :-)

Hatchman
15th March 2015, 09:33 AM
When do we expect to lock the date in?
Need to book the leave well in advance at work. It's way too hard and gets f**cked up to cancel now it's contracted out in Manila :roll: last staff member that did it, it took 2 months to sort out the mess.

nadg63
15th March 2015, 02:03 PM
When do we expect to lock the date in?
Need to book the leave well in advance at work. It's way too hard and gets f**cked up to cancel now it's contracted out in Manila :roll: last staff member that did it, it took 2 months to sort out the mess.

The dates in the heading, 14th/15th are going to be it; have just been waiting for confirmation as to when Schoolies is on - it's the week after so we are managing to avoid that! :-)

Now that the dates are locked in here's hoping the courses are able to accomodate us then - sure it shouldn't be a problem.

coalesce
15th March 2015, 02:26 PM
marcel, Probably a long shot, but do you think there would be any chance to be able to get on RA on the Saturday afternoon instead of the Sunday? That might open up the option of another city course on the Sunday

I'm expecting the answer no, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

marcel
15th March 2015, 09:40 PM
marcel, Probably a long shot, but do you think there would be any chance to be able to get on RA on the Saturday afternoon instead of the Sunday? That might open up the option of another city course on the Sunday

I'm expecting the answer no, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

This had crossed my mind also. We're in the process of staff movement in the golf management department, will run it by them when I get back from interstate in a fortnight

nadg63
16th March 2015, 05:04 AM
This had crossed my mind also. We're in the process of staff movement in the golf management department, will run it by them when I get back from interstate in a fortnight

Thanking you :-)

nadg63
29th March 2015, 07:34 PM
As per Hatchmans post elsewhere (:wink:) McCracken is a no-no as a Champs venue, duck shite everywhere, especially just off and on greens, so that one is crossed off.

coalesce
29th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Would be ok for a warm up. Nice layout, reasonable condition/facilities

backintheswing
29th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Have the greens staff not heard of "Duck Off"?

nadg63
29th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Have the greens staff not heard of "Duck Off"?

In a couple of spots it did look like the local foxes had been trying to help with the problem but too many for them to take care of!

Hatchman
29th March 2015, 10:16 PM
Think I will now refer to the course as McDuckcrapin

nadg63
30th March 2015, 05:51 AM
Think I will now refer to the course as McDuckcrapin

:D

marcel
30th March 2015, 09:30 AM

The other issue may be Tim's Sat availability as he generally only play Sundays. Will find out

nadg63
30th March 2015, 02:40 PM
The other issue may be Tim's Sat availability as he generally only play Sundays. Will find out

Cheers.

marcel
31st March 2015, 10:22 AM
Tim unable to do Saturdays

nadg63
31st March 2015, 12:23 PM
Tim unable to do Saturdays

No worries, due to having to meet the member/guest quota RAGC is the venue for Sunday. Now to sort Saturday ........ !?

benno_r
31st March 2015, 12:28 PM
No worries, due to having to meet the member/guest quota RAGC is the venue for Sunday. Now to sort Saturday ........ !?

Friday: LLB
Sat: LLB
Sun: RA
Mon: LLB

Top champs!

nadg63
31st March 2015, 03:34 PM

Top champs!

You can have that! I'll just hold back my full knee replacement until Sept/Oct time ;)

Peppas
31st March 2015, 04:53 PM
How about organizing this while we are there?

http://barossavintagefestival.com.au/event/gastronomic-golf-trail/

coalesce
31st March 2015, 05:55 PM
That's a lot of $ just to play at Gawler (normally $40 tops)

Hatchman
31st March 2015, 06:13 PM
How about organizing this while we are there?

http://barossavintagefestival.com.au/event/gastronomic-golf-trail/

What a rip off.
Too much for Kitchener, Schnit, Golf and no single mums :roll:.

Peppas
31st March 2015, 10:52 PM
What a rip off.
Too much for Kitchener, Schnit, Golf and no single mums :roll:.

If you set up 6 different kitchener and schnit and single mum stations I'll pay you double that price ;)

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 07:11 AM

Top champs!I fully endorse this post. LLB it should be at least on the saturday :D

The perfect lineup:

Friday: Fleurieu GC
Saturday: Links Lady Bay
Sunday: RAGC

oldracer
2nd April 2015, 08:05 AM
I fully endorse this post. LLB it should be at least on the saturday :D

The perfect lineup:

Thursday: Barossa
Friday: Fleurieu GC
Sunday: RAGC Monday: Kooyonga

3Puttpete
2nd April 2015, 08:25 AM
As long as Friday starts around noon, the big dopey one and I should be sweet.

That's right boys and girls! You enjoyed me so much last year you're getting an extra night and an extra round of golf this time.

It seems like the right thing to do. After all, I am your champ.

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 08:26 AM
Monday: KooyongaYep, Friday Kooey could be a goer. I'll be getting the friday off work, might be a stretch to get monday off though.

Alternative:

Friday: Kooyonga
Monday: Fleurieu

coalesce
2nd April 2015, 08:41 AM
Yep, Friday Kooey could be a goer. I'll be getting the friday off work, might be a stretch to get monday off though.

Alternative:

Friday: Kooyonga
Monday: Fleurieu

So same courses as last year, but 2 day champs?

With Kooey, would we be restricted for numbers?

Fleurieu probably needs to be checked for course condition nearer the time if all the rumours of it going to pot are true

Peppas
2nd April 2015, 08:50 AM
I'll probably do all 4 days this year as well.

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 10:27 AM
So same courses as last year, but 2 day champs?Yeah tbh I actually think it worked very well last year, with the mix of courses, course qualities, distances to travel, variety of courses, course costs, etc. 2 day champs would be a good change this year.

With Kooey, would we be restricted for numbers?Yah, I'd have to talk to the office and see what I can do to get anymore than 3 on for me personally. I know one other member but he may be working (or possibly OS) that friday. I can absolutely guarantee 3 vistors, any more than that I'd have to wrangle some sort of deal with the office. I'm happy to pursue that if the demand is there.

Fleurieu probably needs to be checked for course condition nearer the time if all the rumours of it going to pot are trueMore than happy to do a Fleurieu recon before champs :D

Peppas
2nd April 2015, 11:02 AM
Well I didn't play Kooey last year so it'd be nice to get a hit there this year :)

3Puttpete
2nd April 2015, 01:45 PM
I thought we were going to TTG

thecollective
2nd April 2015, 02:28 PM

:smt087 please no

Peppas
2nd April 2015, 02:31 PM

Wheres that?

coalesce
2nd April 2015, 02:53 PM
Tea Tree Gully. When was that suggested?!

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 02:56 PM
Well I didn't play Kooey last year so it'd be nice to get a hit there this year :)More than welcome, probably Adelaide's finest course* :D

(*I'm not biased)

thecollective
2nd April 2015, 02:58 PM
More than welcome, probably Adelaide's finest course* :D

(*I'm not biased)

Chilled: you seen the Crafter 5 year masterplan for Kooey?

Peppas
2nd April 2015, 02:59 PM

(*I'm not biased)

Awesome, if it falls out of the rotation I'll stay an extra day just so I can play it then :)

coalesce
2nd April 2015, 03:01 PM

(*I'm biased)

FTFY

marcel
2nd April 2015, 05:00 PM
Don't know how easy access is but Blackwood should be in fine condition that time of year

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 05:04 PM
Don't know how easy access is but Blackwood should be in fine condition that time of yearPlayed there 3 weeks ago, it's in great condition as always.

Peppas
2nd April 2015, 05:10 PM
Blackwood, never even heard of this course!!

Hatchman
2nd April 2015, 06:10 PM
Blackwood is always a favourite of mine and is fantastic in the dryer months, can get sloppy during a wet winter. I wouldn't think there would be any chance of getting in on a Saturday thou.

Tea Tree Gully is one of those courses that you either like or hate. Getting on would be a problem as it's a course that is well used by the members.

There are very few top end quality courses that are accessible on Saturdays. LLB is the best of those.

3Puttpete
2nd April 2015, 06:16 PM
Tea Tree Gully. When was that suggested?!

I got a pm. Somebody told me to suggest it

nadg63
2nd April 2015, 06:32 PM
I got a pm. Somebody told me to suggest it

Wasn't me! Another thing against it is I know of no Ozgolf members that are TTG members to set it up!?

coalesce
2nd April 2015, 06:38 PM
I would imagine if we are ok with an afternoon tee time we could play pretty much anywhere on the Saturday, other than the tier 1s

marcel
2nd April 2015, 06:51 PM
I would imagine if we are ok with an afternoon tee time we could play pretty much anywhere on the Saturday, other than the tier 1s
You may be right. After a 2 tee comp times might be available from about 3.30, enough time for 6 groups to get around in daylight (just)

Chilled
2nd April 2015, 07:24 PM
All Tier 1 and Tier 2 courses will be strictly members only on saturdays, unless by special arrangement and even then you would be very lucky to get that arrangement. They are all frequented by members quite well on saturdays. Only option tends to be to go out further onto country type courses which usually do accept vistors later on saturday after regular members comp round. Wirrina is any time after 9:30am which is when comp finishes on sat. LLB will do saturdays, as will fleurieu, and Victor will too iirc. The Pat is one of the rare very metro courses that will do visitors on a sat.

3Puttpete
2nd April 2015, 07:35 PM
Wasn't me! Another thing against it is I know of no Ozgolf members that are TTG members to set it up!?

I might have made it up

Hatchman
2nd April 2015, 08:11 PM
All Tier 1 and Tier 2 courses will be strictly members only on saturdays, unless by special arrangement and even then you would be very lucky to get that arrangement. They are all frequented by members quite well on saturdays. Only option tends to be to go out further onto country type courses which usually do accept vistors later on saturday after regular members comp round. Wirrina is any time after 9:30am which is when comp finishes on sat. LLB will do saturdays, as will fleurieu, and Victor will too iirc. The Pat is one of the rare very metro courses that will do visitors on a sat.

This ^

What about Jurassic Park, oops I meant to say Thaxted they would pay us to play wouldn't they :razz:?

Forget that, you said Tier 1 and Tier 2 :lol:.

coalesce
2nd April 2015, 08:33 PM
I think there are tier 2s we could get on after 12 but not sure any are better than LLB anyway

thecollective
2nd April 2015, 10:25 PM
Played Blackwood on Sunday with my bro (he's a member) course was in great nick bar one green, IMO it's my pick of tier 2 private courses in SA

Chilled
3rd April 2015, 08:42 AM
What about Jurassic Park, oops I meant to say Thaxted they would pay us to play wouldn't they :razz:?I absolutely refuse to play fuxted...lol

I think there are tier 2s we could get on after 12 but not sure any are better than LLB anywayWhich ones? As a single person and a member of a Tier 2 course you can use club advantage, maybe, maybe, for some of them....I know TTG will let you do this as I used to do it. But it was just me and I rang late to allow members a good chance to book in. Other than that I know Blackwood won't do it, TTG is too well subscribed, West Lakes is like downtown New York so no chance, The Vines I doubt it, Osmond is too well subscribed, and Flaggy is always flat out on sats so no chance there. I don't know any tier two courses that will even allow it as a matter of principle because it's strictly members only sat....no matter if they even have slots free.

highballin
3rd April 2015, 09:33 AM
Fluerieu will allow non members after about 11. Will find out about Gawler seeing how I just joined ;)

Hatchman
3rd April 2015, 10:57 AM
Fluerieu will allow non members after about 11. Will find out about Gawler seeing how I just joined ;)

You didn't, did you :roll:?

highballin
3rd April 2015, 11:48 AM
Yes

nadg63
5th April 2015, 10:39 AM
Just to keep you all informed, Marcel has booked in 6 groups at RAGC for Sunday Nov 15th, first group teeing off at 11am.

Thanks for that T.

nudgee
5th April 2015, 10:48 AM
never played the SA champs - thinking I am going to give these a go.

Put me on the list please ;-)

nadg63
5th April 2015, 10:56 AM
never played the SA champs - thinking I am going to give these a go.

Put me on the list please ;-)

Done, and you've only missed one, last year was the inaugural SA Champs :)

Wenz
14th April 2015, 10:51 AM
Anyone ever tried to play LLB hungover and with the wind blowing at 30-40km/h.
NOT FUN!

Hatchman
14th April 2015, 12:32 PM
NOT FUN!

No, but I'm fairly sure I couldn't play it any worse than the last couple times sober.

oldracer
14th April 2015, 05:51 PM
No, but I'm fairly sure I couldn't play it any worse than the last couple times sober.guess we'll have a crack at doing that in Nov!!!!!!!

nadg63
14th April 2015, 06:36 PM
NOT FUN!

LLB sucks without being hung-over and a gale blowing!

thecollective
14th April 2015, 07:24 PM
NOT FUN!

Advil is your friend, worked for me last time I was there

TC

Chilled
16th April 2015, 02:17 PM
This comes as perfect timing with my possible attendance at the Australian Open coming up Nov 26-29. Hoping to go so I can catch Spieth this year :)

nadg63
16th April 2015, 03:11 PM
May/June time will possibly start looking for deposits so as to have a playing commitment regarding bookings at the chosen courses - will have decided by then on where the Saturday round will be held :-)

At the moment we are sitting just over the members/guests ratio at RAGC but Marcel is going to have a word to see what he can come up with; failing that the additional cost spread around all participants is not that great to be honest.

Peppas
20th April 2015, 07:58 PM
So... how's the itinerary for this looking?

nadg63
20th April 2015, 08:05 PM
So... how's the itinerary for this looking?

At a guess very similar to last year but with the Champs over 2 days.

Once again Coalesce is head honcho for the non-Champs games :) (I believe he is aware of that!)

I'm off to Tasmania on Weds for 12 days so will get in to finalizing/sorting this out once I get back at the beginning of May.

Peppas
20th April 2015, 08:20 PM
At a guess very similar to last year but with the Champs over 2 days.

Once again Coalesce is head honcho for the non-Champs games :) (I believe he is aware of that!)

I'm off to Tasmania on Weds for 12 days so will get in to finalizing/sorting this out once I get back at the beginning of May.

All good Im in Tassie the Wed after for a few days :)

Coalesce where the non champs rounds going to be?

Where the champs rounds going to be actually??

Hatchman
20th April 2015, 08:26 PM
Sunday at RA
Saturday is looking like LLB

I have the Friday and Monday off this year :D

Peppas
20th April 2015, 08:27 PM
Sunday at RA

I have the Friday and Monday off this year :D

OH YEAH!

Me too

Well I have whatever days off I want.

Wheres the Monday round? I'll organise a cake :)

oldracer
21st April 2015, 02:11 AM
Sunday at RA

I have the Friday and Monday off this year :Dso you looking to play friday and monday Hatch?

coalesce
21st April 2015, 08:56 AM
From a quick check, myself and highballin were the only ones to play all 4 days last year. 4 people played 3 days. 2 people played 2 days and the rest 1 day. However last year, the champs itself was only ever the Sunday, and the other days were for those who wanted to make a weekend of it.

This year, the intention is to make it a 2 day champs (I'm assuming stableford total) over the Saturday and Sunday. I will arrange rounds on the Friday and Monday for anyone coming early/staying late. The courses will be the best ones that I can get us on that we haven't already done at the weekend, but will depend on the numbers interested.

Last year the Friday round was at a Tier 1 course, Kooyonga, and the Monday was at Fleurieu, which at the time was ranked in the top 100 courses in Aus (not sure if they've re-rated since?). There are plenty of decent courses at decent prices in the area tho, even if they are not considered Tier 1 in Aus.

Peppas
21st April 2015, 09:18 AM
Get to work, me and hatchy want a full itinerary thanks

highballin
21st April 2015, 09:20 AM
N
From a quick check, myself and highballin were the only ones to play all 4 days last year. 4 people played 3 days. 2 people played 2 days and the rest 1 day. However last year, the champs itself was only ever the Sunday, and the other days were for those who wanted to make a weekend of it.

This year, the intention is to make it a 2 day champs (I'm assuming stableford total) over the Saturday and Sunday. I will arrange rounds on the Friday and Monday for anyone coming early/staying late. The courses will be the best ones that I can get us on that we haven't already done at the weekend, but will depend on the numbers interested.

Last year the Friday round was at a Tier 1 course, Kooyonga, and the Monday was at Fleurieu, which at the time was ranked in the top 100 courses in Aus (not sure if they've re-rated since?). There are plenty of decent courses at decent prices in the area tho, even if they are not considered Tier 1 in Aus.

Gawler is an option this year will make enquiries if anyone is keen.

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 10:16 AM
Getting on Kooyonga comes down to numbers. Chilled would need to recruit some mates to get numbers on there as he can only have 3 guests (I hope that's correct?).

Options for Friday and Monday games that are open to the public and should be easy to get on that are of ok standard

Down South: 1st choice Victor Harbour, Fleurieu than Wirrina, Willunga, South lakes

In Adelaide: Holdfast Shores (or the pat as it commonly known), North Adelaide

Out North: Gawler (Highballins new home), Tanunda Pines (thecollectives home), Nuriootpa (not sure the club house would be open but does have Pro Shop),

In the Hills there's: Mount Barker, Sterling (previously known as Mount Lofty that's private but these days welcomes Visitors)

Possibilities worth asking that come at a higher cost in order could include Blackwood, Flagstaff Hill, Vines.

No: Thaxted Park because it's sh!te (Jurassic or F**ksted Park as it's often referred to), Tee Tree Gully and West Lakes most likely no due to well used by the members and Mount Osmond are snobs.

If a 2hr drive was ok then you could include Waikerie and yes it's worth the drive.

Others to forget about include Regency Park, North Lakes, Marion Park, Belair, North Haven, Highercombe, Oakbank

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 10:19 AM
so you looking to play friday and monday Hatch?

I'd like to say yes and will be aiming for that but a lot comes down to me being able to send the Minister and little Miss Hatch away for the weekend.

Peppas
21st April 2015, 10:48 AM
I keen for Kooyonga on one of the non champs days as I missed that round last year.

oldracer
21st April 2015, 11:19 AM

Last year the Friday round was at a Tier 1 course, Kooyonga, and the Monday was at Fleurieu, which at the time was ranked in the top 100 courses in Aus (not sure if they've re-rated since?). There are plenty of decent courses at decent prices in the area tho, even if they are not considered Tier 1 in Aus.I'm in for the four and may even be looking for a thursday gig as well, Kooyonga would be awesome

benno_r
21st April 2015, 11:22 AM
Presently I'll be looking at all 4 as well.

I assume later start Friday, Early start monday?

3Puttpete
21st April 2015, 11:24 AM
I'm close to finalising details for the Champion's dinner on Friday night, just need to find a suitable venue?

Do you still have phone boxes in Adelaide?

3Puttpete
21st April 2015, 11:25 AM
*yet.

Do you yet have phone boxes in Adelaide?

Peppas
21st April 2015, 11:34 AM
Champions dinner for SA champs must have a schnit somewhere and then a kitchener bun dessert of some type?

talbo
21st April 2015, 11:45 AM
I'm close to finalising details for the Champion's dinner on Friday night, just need to find a suitable venue?

Fasta Pasta on Henley Beach Rd mate!

coalesce
21st April 2015, 12:14 PM
I assume later start Friday, Early start monday?

Yes, that would be the plan

coalesce
21st April 2015, 12:15 PM

Vili's 24hr cafe :)

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 12:22 PM

I think they're installing the first on next week. Place is going to go off.
I'm fairly sure everything goes through an exchange and the operators can listen in.

Charlie's Diner all you can eat Brighton Hotel.

Champions dinner for SA champs must have a schnit somewhere and then a kitchener bun dessert of some type?

The Earl of Leicester or Earl of Aberdeen for Scnit then off to Villis for Kitcheners :D

benno_r
21st April 2015, 12:35 PM
The Earl of Leicester or Earl of Aberdeen for Scnit then off to Villis for Kitcheners :D

They're all so 2014. What's new for this year?

Only thing allowed to carry over is Yankalilla bakery.

3Puttpete
21st April 2015, 12:54 PM
They're all so 2014. What's new for this year?

Only thing allowed to carry over is Yankalilla bakery.

I'm going back to the cooper's ale house for a schnit (small this time) and more beer

coalesce
21st April 2015, 01:39 PM

Yankalilla for kitcheners would be first choice but otherwise I'd vote for this

There is a new schnit pretender in the city on Rundle St called Schnit House. It does a challenge where you have a 1kg schnit and fries with 1L of super dry. The current record holder finished it in 19 mins something...

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 01:52 PM
Will have to try this Schnit House soon me thinks.

Chilled
21st April 2015, 04:17 PM
Getting on Kooyonga comes down to numbers. Chilled would need to recruit some mates to get numbers on there as he can only have 3 guests (I hope that's correct?).Yeah initially I thought it was 7 but turns out it's three. If Kooey is the desired venue for the friday and we have a couple of groups or more I'm going to go in there, rather than over the phone, in person and ask to make a solid booking for X number of people, well in advance of the booking sheet opening time which is a week prior. Last year they wouldn't do this for me which I found really strange. I know the club has rules but they should let the odd event go by if it brings in money to the club. After all it's just for a friday which is never really that busy anyways.

Peppas
21st April 2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah initially I thought it was 7 but turns out it's three. If Kooey is the desired venue for the friday and we have a couple of groups or more I'm going to go in there, rather than over the phone, in person and ask to make a solid booking for X number of people, well in advance of the booking sheet opening time which is a week prior. Last year they wouldn't do this for me which I found really strange. I know the club has rules but they should let the odd event go by if it brings in money to the club. After all it's just for a friday which is never really that busy anyways.

Dibs on a spot, thanks :)

Chilled
21st April 2015, 04:29 PM
Dibs on a spot, thanks :)Gee that was quick! No probs mate, you're in :)

oldracer
21st April 2015, 04:57 PM
Dibs on a spot, thanks :)+1 pls

nadg63
21st April 2015, 04:59 PM
Yeah initially I thought it was 7 but turns out it's three. If Kooey is the desired venue for the friday and we have a couple of groups or more I'm going to go in there, rather than over the phone, in person and ask to make a solid booking for X number of people, well in advance of the booking sheet opening time which is a week prior. Last year they wouldn't do this for me which I found really strange. I know the club has rules but they should let the odd event go by if it brings in money to the club. After all it's just for a friday which is never really that busy anyways.

You may have to get your mate at Kooey to book in some guests even if he cannot play then phone through as a no-show like last time when Mrbluu visited! ;)

Chilled
21st April 2015, 05:14 PM
You may have to get your mate at Kooey to book in some guests even if he cannot play then phone through as a no-show like last time when Mrbluu visited! ;)That's my backup plan. I'll be straight up front to start with then employ this one if needs be. Either way I'll get it happening! Pro shop staff are good like that, it's just the office who are strict for the rules.

+1 plsDone!

Peppas
21st April 2015, 06:44 PM
+1 pls

Sweet we can be in the same group again

oldracer
21st April 2015, 08:05 PM
Sweet we can be in the same group againone 50 year old white guy playing with (no homo) a nearly 60 year old white guy, lead the way young fella!!!!

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 08:27 PM
one 50 year old white guy playing with (no homo) a nearly 60 year old white guy, lead the way young fella!!!!

Are you any good at finding balls stuck up in trees :lol: ?

Peppas
21st April 2015, 08:57 PM
Are you any good at finding balls stuck up in trees :lol: ?

Heard he jumps higher than me!

oldracer
22nd April 2015, 07:46 AM
Heard he jumps higher than me!haha after our round at Woodlands I thought we found where bears went to die we were that far in the kak, great fun but..

oldracer
22nd April 2015, 07:48 AM
Are you any good at finding balls stuck up in trees :lol: ?funny u mention that Hatch, my local is lined with Melalucas and gums and if u can't see your ball on the deck, a melaluca will certainly have snaffled it