PDA

View Full Version : X-tour's

Iain
9th March 2006, 03:45 PM
Had my first round with the x-tour's yesterday. At Windaroo with the wind up!! Great first test.... :shock:

After hitting them on the range on Monday with Gaz, I was looking forward to playing with them. They feel very nice off the face, a nice forging, not as soft as my miura's, but still very nice. I really like the look of the heads, nice and compact with a slightly square shape to them. They set up nicely, can't notice the cavity in the back, just the thicker top line, they definately remind you they have forgiveness, but not too chunky....

At the range I was hitting them pure, hitting them quite far also. So was looking forward to the course test. Well from the first full shot I played it was quite evident that the shafts were all wrong for me, every full shot I hit launched on a resonable angle but then just spun way too much and ended up balloning and loosing a heap of distance. :smt022

I'm not sure if they are std s300's, but they feel a little softer/lighter to me, the tip seems a bit more flexible than what I recall, but I haven't played s300's for a while so I could be wrong. :-s

So, after I play gailes tomorrow I've booked in to go see Chris McCourt to get my Project X 6.0's installed, I may get a launch session done just to see but I'll talk to Chris tomorrow. :smt023

The PX's shoud solve the problem being a low spin shaft....

connico
9th March 2006, 04:32 PM
sorry excuse my ignorance but wat brand are x-tours?

callaway??

andylo
9th March 2006, 04:35 PM
correct connico, its Callaway

Iain
9th March 2006, 04:38 PM
They're callaway's first attempt at a forged player's iron.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/uk.CLUBS.Irons.XTour.html

connico
9th March 2006, 04:41 PM
so as a players club they have minimal ofset??? i c i c, but they still have a chunky look about them

Iain
9th March 2006, 05:33 PM
so as a players club they have minimal ofset??? i c i c, but they still have a chunky look about them

Yes, they do have some offset. They do have a thick topline, but coming from the RAC's I didn't have a problem looking down at them....