PDA

View Full Version : GPS tracking devices for the elderly

goughy
21st November 2014, 08:38 PM
So my wifes mother has Alzheimers and her father isn't really coping with how things need to change. She still goes out on her dialy walks (getting lost) and the other day while eating at a shopping centre she went to the loo and got lost as well. We've told him he needs to go with her but he's Dutch and as stubborn as. So we're wondering about things like gps tracking bracelets and things like this. Does anyone know anything or much about them at all?

BUSHY
22nd November 2014, 09:46 AM
I know there are phone apps like "find my friends" and "life360" that let you track your friends in real time. I got the free version of life 360 so my wife could follow me on 5 hour training rides. It is very accurate and there are some cool safety features to it as well, I think it focuses on parents tracking children.

Hux
22nd November 2014, 05:51 PM
Ahh as they say you can always tell a Dutchman, just can't tell them much :-)

Its pretty good tech, if you hunt in state forest in NSW your dog must have a GPS tracker collar. Not suggesting it for your MIL, but the tech works well.

If she is getting forgetful, the phone trackers won't be a winner as she will easily forget that as well.

goughy
22nd November 2014, 09:04 PM
Yep, will forget phone, or put phone in bag but forget bag.

mrbluu
22nd November 2014, 10:01 PM
I think Walter from Fringe had a tracking chip installed.....

BeGo
26th November 2014, 09:53 AM
Gps not (yet) working indoor.
I forgot a device that shall play sound when separated at some distance. That may good enough to remind Her families