PDA

View Full Version : Got my new jpx 850 driver yesterday

dowdsy
21st November 2014, 02:56 PM
Just got back from the range and I am pretty impressed after only a small bucket of balls. This thing is long, the roll out once I sorted out the right configuration for me was so much more than my SLDR, however couple of bigger than I would do slices appeared but thinking maybe the shaft could be the issue although it doesn't feel to bad. The forward roll was amazing with one weight right forward in the middle track and one in the heal. When you move the weights around it changes ball flight with out a doubt. The club sounds ok better than the sldr but not awesome, it looks great at address and whistles a little when you swing it only sightly ( didn't bother me) I am a 7 capper and hit the balls around 30 metres longer with a cross wind so pretty happy, miss hits still went ok but out of the middle was really noticeable.

8 of 10 for me

Icestorm959
21st November 2014, 03:59 PM
Orochi stiff shaft?

dowdsy
21st November 2014, 04:26 PM
Yes

Wenz
21st November 2014, 04:34 PM
I don't understand how people can gain 30m from just switching drivers. How poorly must they have been hitting their previous drivers.
These days with limits reached, I can barely see +-10m in distance between any popular driver.
The only thing that varies for me is spin and direction.

But hey, happy for you if you're truely hitting it 30m further than your previous driver.

dowdsy
21st November 2014, 05:17 PM
Just roll by Itself, the forward roll on this club is so surprising, they just ran and ran, go hit one and see if you get the same or similar result

Hatchman
21st November 2014, 06:21 PM
I don't understand how people can gain 30m from just switching drivers. How poorly must they have been hitting their previous drivers.
These days with limits reached, I can barely see +-10m in distance between any popular driver.
The only thing that varies for me is spin and direction.

But hey, happy for you if you're truely hitting it 30m further than your previous driver.

I've seen next to no distance gain from my now banned ERC II from the early 00's to what I've hit since taking the game up again in 2012. Hitting the irons the same length now as I was then.

D22marshall
21st November 2014, 08:22 PM
I don't understand how people can gain 30m from just switching drivers. How poorly must they have been hitting their previous drivers.These days with limits reached, I can barely see +-10m in distance between any popular driver.The only thing that varies for me is spin and direction.But hey, happy for you if you're truely hitting it 30m further than your previous driver. Totally agree more about how to minimise the misses...

hoggy33
29th November 2014, 05:01 PM
Im in Hawaii at the moment I ordered one from rock bottom golf as they had 25% off black friday sales. :)
Should get it tuesday with the speeder vc shaft.
There is a driving range across the road at kanapaali gc.

hoggy33
29th November 2014, 05:02 PM
Im looking foward to seeing how it will compare to my rbz hd6 combo

benno_r
29th November 2014, 05:06 PM
I hit the fairway, and it was awesome. Interested in your thoughts on the driver.

aym
1st December 2014, 05:29 PM
Not much love for this driver? I'd buy one just for the looks..

simmsy
1st December 2014, 05:53 PM
waiting for stiff shaft to come in at my local club and will be taking it out for a hit. have hit it in a booth at golfbox and it went well.

hoggy33
6th December 2014, 06:30 PM
First time out on the course with the JPX850
All I can say is wow! The looks, feel, sound & performance are awesome!
I hit it great all day very penetrating flight and very tight dispersion.
The stock speeder tour spec vc 6.3 is a great shaft.
I still need to tweak a little as was hitting it lower than I am used to however I am very impressed :)

dowdsy
7th December 2014, 11:10 AM
I have the same issue with mine, comes out pretty low, thinking this is just ball position but love the club.
First time out on the course with the JPX850
All I can say is wow! The looks, feel, sound & performance are awesome!
I hit it great all day very penetrating flight and very tight dispersion.
The stock speeder tour spec vc 6.3 is a great shaft.
I still need to tweak a little as was hitting it lower than I am used to however I am very impressed :)

Scifisicko
5th August 2015, 09:10 AM
Bit of gobldygook but seems to suggest it is the lowest spinning of the modern crop of drivers. I found this to be the case at the pure form fitting (although no LS G30 to compare).

http://www.mygolfspy.com/the-most-popular-drivers-of-2015-secret-cg-locations/

3oneday
5th August 2015, 09:22 AM
Saw that too, pretty expensive driver for a Mizzie ;)

Scifisicko
5th August 2015, 09:28 AM

At Pureform for sure, not so if you buy/sell off here!

benno_r
5th August 2015, 09:37 AM

Bloody good driver though.