PDA

View Full Version : Gisborne GC

oldracer
19th November 2014, 05:20 AM
Went and had a leisurely 21 holes yesterday at this lovely track. In very good nick, lots of different looks and a good test, would recommend to anyone.

rodders
19th November 2014, 07:58 AM
That's good to hear for the club. I was a member there for a few years about 5 years ago. After I left, I understood the greens went downhill due to weather and disease. I played there around 2011/2012 and it was poles apart from what it used to be. Some of the greens were like bare patches of mud (long par 5 sixth was the worst).

I always enjoyed the layout, the views on the course and the local roo population. Great it's getting back to what it was.

Coldtopper
19th November 2014, 09:01 AM
That's good to hear for the club. I was a member there for a few years about 5 years ago. After I left, I understood the greens went downhill due to weather and disease. I played there around 2011/2012 and it was poles apart from what it used to be. Some of the greens were like bare patches of mud (long par 5 sixth was the worst).

I always enjoyed the layout, the views on the course and the local roo population. Great it's getting back to what it was. The course has picked up[ again now. It all went to crap when the Super left about that time now it is better than ever.

Coldtopper
19th November 2014, 09:06 AM
Went and had a leisurely 21 holes yesterday at this lovely track. In very good nick, lots of different looks and a good test, would recommend to anyone. Its a great little track Al! I get down there from time to time for a game. All the fairways have a great coverage of legend and the greens roll good for a country track. Plenty of hazards to keep one amuzed for 4 hours only with 3 really shitty holes?
They have midweek comps on a Thursday let me know if you want to tee it up in one!

oldracer
19th November 2014, 09:23 AM
Its a great little track Al! I get down there from time to time for a game. All the fairways have a great coverage of legend and the greens roll good for a country track. Plenty of hazards to keep one amuzed for 4 hours only with 3 really shitty holes?
They have midweek comps on a Thursday let me know if you want to tee it up in one!love to Mitch, greens were lightning compared to what we have had for the last 6 weeks after coring, great entertaining layout, we played around a comp yesterday so Tuesday is also a go, just trying to work out the crappy ones?

oldracer
19th November 2014, 09:25 AM
I have a feeling the designer was a lefthander or a righthander that could draw the ball very well, way different shot shape to mine but didn't get too far off line

Coldtopper
19th November 2014, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling the designer was a lefthander or a righthander that could draw the ball very well, way different shot shape to mine but didn't get too far off line No idea about who designed it. Most holes require a little draw off the tee. The par 3's let this place down imo and a par 5 15 or so but that is just being picky. They have plenty of water atm. They let visitors play in the comp Tuesdays and Thursdays