PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea.....

terryand
15th July 2004, 05:03 PM
We seem to be moving along nicely as a golfing community, so I have this proposal for all to consider.

With the Ozgolf champs coming along soon, got me thinking about a slush fund for our golfing days and possibly social gathering like Christmas parties and the like.

Maybe we could throw in around $2 to $5 a week or $10 a month into a bank A/C, one of our trusted members could open and post the details so the rest of us can deposit the money straight in.

With our regulars in Qld and interstate or up north, we would be able to get a nice kitty together by the time of the champs.

If this was the case, we could possibly throw some bucks to the interstate players willing to travel to ease the financial burden on travel and accommodation Of course as long as these members are part of the scheme.

the fund my also be able to pay for everyone’s lunch on the day or maybe help in payment of the carts or something like that.

Just a thought people, give your thoughts and ideas.

obviously there will have to be some strict guidelines and rules, but I'm sure these point can be figured out.

Terry.

markTHEblake
15th July 2004, 05:16 PM
Its a good suggestion Tezza......
like most staff clubs I have been in there is always people who dont want to contribute becuase they think they dont benefit enough, ie "cantmake it to the xmas party this year."

How about - rather than a fixed amount per week, a donation of $1 per per player each time an Official OZgolf tournament takes place (Ie the 2 or more together rule).

The money raised going towards the trophies.
This also means that the people who contribute the most stand the greater chance of receiving a benefit.

terryand
15th July 2004, 05:21 PM
i forgot to mention,the money could also go towards Ozgolf shirts 'n' stuff,so no one has to fork out a lump sum to get a good bulk buy price.

terry.

Jarro
15th July 2004, 06:47 PM
sounds like a great idea to me 8)

maybe Blakeys idea is a good one ... just pop a goldie in the bank everytime we have an Ozgolf gathering.

Good idea Mr. Andrews :smt038

Eag's
15th July 2004, 09:01 PM
Yep I like the idea Terry :wink:
Count me in :D

Jono
16th July 2004, 05:43 AM
I think that's a great idea too, Terry. Count me in also. :smt023

AndyP
16th July 2004, 07:25 AM
The idea certainly has some merit. 8)
mTb's suggestion is a good one too.

Fishman Dan
16th July 2004, 09:12 AM
We should be forking out for a brand new Whale - $59 at Drummonds here in Nth Parra. We can get it engraved as our OzGolf trophy.

AndyP
16th July 2004, 09:15 AM
We should be forking out for a brand new Whale - $59 at Drummonds here in Nth Parra. We can get it engraved as our OzGolf trophy.
Best idea yet. :wink:

Jarro
16th July 2004, 09:49 AM
$59 for a whale :x

you gotta be kidding me :P

Fishman Dan
16th July 2004, 10:00 AM

No, it's the truth (ruth). Are they worth more?

Jarro
16th July 2004, 10:06 AM

No, it's the truth (ruth). Are they worth more?

mate..

.. for that price, they should come with 6 free lessons and a box of ProV1X's :roll:

Jarro
16th July 2004, 10:31 AM
okey dokey :wink:

markTHEblake
16th July 2004, 03:13 PM
To go off topic a little, how about for a perpetual trophy pick up an old wooden club from somewhere, spray paint it Gold. That would look marvellous, and if someones got some skill engrave the sole plate.

Fishman Dan
16th July 2004, 03:24 PM
To go off topic a little, how about for a perpetual trophy pick up an old wooden club from somewhere, spray paint it Gold. That would look marvellous, and if someones got some skill engrave the sole plate.

Whales are cheaper ;)

:smt081 :smt082

Jarro
16th July 2004, 03:27 PM
why don't we just buy a nice trophy instead :?:

AndyP
18th July 2004, 03:29 PM
The Whale is now available for trophy making. :idea: :wink:

Jarro
18th July 2004, 05:16 PM

yeah but who wants to win it for christsake :roll:

AndyP
18th July 2004, 07:25 PM

Would you prefer a Palmer Prism? :roll:

markTHEblake
18th July 2004, 09:19 PM

Would you prefer a Palmer Prism? :roll:

a Bronzed whale would be a far better trophy to win, than a toaster. And in the golf Ho tradition, what could be better than an antique?

AndyP
19th July 2004, 07:32 AM
Let's get this thread back on track. 8)

Only 6 or 7 people out of 50+ OzGolf members have responded to Terry's idea. Does that mean that collectively we are not in favour of this idea :?:

markTHEblake
19th July 2004, 10:53 PM
I think collectively there is only 6 or 7 people that hang out here every day. Where is onewood by the way, he is supposed to be adding up the scores every week :-)