PDA

View Full Version : SA: Sunday 14th Dec, Race to Bonville @ Links Lady Bay

coalesce
10th November 2014, 10:58 AM
http://www.golflink.com.au/golf-link-race-series/schedule/sa/2014/12/links-lady-bay-golf-course.aspx

Similar to the Mt Osmond event, this is the next in the Race to Bonville series in SA.

EOI here.

Not sure whether I'll make it to this one myself yet - it is the week after the OzGolf day at Victor Harbour...

thecollective
10th November 2014, 11:15 AM
Im in!

highballin
10th November 2014, 12:22 PM
Im in!

Me too

nadg63
10th November 2014, 06:29 PM
Now let me see ....................... mmmmmmm

Hatchman
11th November 2014, 02:14 PM
Need to try and get this one and the pre OzGolf Champs round there past the Minister. Not sure I'll be successful with both so close together, may have to choose one or the other.

Need to find an awesome Parma then take her to see the new Hunger Games movie to put her in a receptive mood for both.

nadg63
11th November 2014, 05:00 PM
Thought about it - no! :)

highballin
11th November 2014, 07:42 PM
Thought about it - no! :)

Chilled will be disappointed with this attitude !

thecollective
13th November 2014, 02:24 PM
Hi Gents,

Would like to lock this in shortly in order to avoid a sell out (happened at MO) or starting on the other side of the course.

I am happy to arrange/book this in. From the above so far its just myself and HB as confirmed starters.

Let me know

TC

coalesce
13th November 2014, 02:37 PM
Just to clarify, we weren't the 8th booking at MO. We were something like the 14th - I don't think the group on the booking page corresponds to the starting tee...

Hatchman
13th November 2014, 02:58 PM
Will let you know on the weekend. I just got the pre-champs round across the line.

thecollective
13th November 2014, 03:12 PM
all good Coalesce: the organisers noted that the starting hole was allocated based on earliest to latest booking on a 'closest hole' rating - I just don't want to start on hole 14, 15 or 16 - man that would suck!

btw: shortly means by around mid next week

TC

highballin
13th November 2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah I am a definite TC

coalesce
13th November 2014, 04:01 PM
Will let you know, but assume I'm a no for now.

Hatchman
17th November 2014, 01:19 PM
I'm ok for this one. Let me know when your ready to book group and I'll send details and money to you. I have Golflinks Mates as well.

coalesce
17th November 2014, 01:32 PM
Send me your GL number please Hatchman and I'll book it this afternoon

thecollective
17th November 2014, 02:37 PM
coalesce: want me to wire transfer tonight?

TC

Hatchman
17th November 2014, 02:50 PM
Just saw this after replying to TC's PM.
PM coming your way C.

coalesce
17th November 2014, 09:30 PM
I just booked 4 spots for me, highballin, thecollective and HatchmanSS76.

It was $65 each after the mates discount and the booking fee. I don't mind if you want to transfer me the money, or give me cash at champs...

highballin
17th November 2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks Coalesce 65 direct deposit should be in your acct tomorrow

thecollective
17th November 2014, 10:52 PM
being that I have your DD details will wire it now - should see it Wednesday.

Cheers Coalesce.

TC

Hatchman
8th December 2014, 10:15 PM
What time is our tee off time for this?

Need to plan my stop and eat all the Kitcheners :D

coalesce
8th December 2014, 11:17 PM
8.30am shotgun start

Hatchman
9th December 2014, 02:50 AM
8.30am shotgun start

Oh crap. looks like there won't be any pre round Kitcheners plus I'll have to be up at 5:30am.
The things I do to get to anchor.

highballin
10th December 2014, 06:33 PM
Weather forecast looking good for Sunday 8-)

Hatchman
10th December 2014, 06:37 PM
Weather forecast looking good for Sunday 8-)

Excellent, perfect for shooting 26pts. I plan on playing well to get that many :D

highballin
10th December 2014, 07:06 PM
Well we get sandwiches and a drink and go for a walk near the beach on a nice day.

I am a glass half full sorta guy :lol:

Hatchman
10th December 2014, 07:46 PM
Well we get sandwiches and a drink and go for a walk near the beach on a nice day.

I am a glass half full sorta guy :lol:

Sounds romantic :smt057

highballin
10th December 2014, 09:26 PM
Sounds romantic :smt057

Shit got my sites mixed up :shock:

coalesce
11th December 2014, 07:02 PM
Just received this:

Dear golfers,

Thank you for booking in to play Sunday’s event at Links Lady Bay for round two of this year’s SA Race to Bonville! It looks like we will again break the record for a Race event in SA with 65 players already registered which is great to see!

Sunday’s event will be a 8:30am shotgun and players can register anytime from 7:30am. You will be informed of your starting hole upon registration. Please ensure you arrive and are checked in prior to
8:15am so we can get the event under way on time.

Carts are NOT included on Sunday so if you do wish to use a cart you will need to make arrangements directly with the course.

The weather looks good at this stage and the course is sure to be testing as always so bring your A game! We are looking forward to another great event and Andy will see you on Sunday at Links Lady Bay as the Race to Bonville continues!
Regards,
Garth Pryor
Customer Service Manager & Race Series Tournament Co-ordinator
Golf Link Partners Pty Ltd

Hatchman
12th December 2014, 02:56 PM
Flames or Stripes, what say my playing partners?

coalesce
12th December 2014, 03:01 PM
I think the flames are better

highballin
12th December 2014, 06:59 PM
Flames make your eyes pop :shock:

Hatchman
14th December 2014, 06:57 AM
Had to stop 1/2 way for breakfast.

coalesce
14th December 2014, 08:11 AM
Highballin and myself had a pie from Yankalilla :)

nadg63
14th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Had to stop 1/2 for breakfast.

Highballin and myself had a pie from Yankalilla :)

Ha ha, now I wonder who these posts are aimed at .... !? ;-)

Good luck at Lady Boy.

Hatchman
14th December 2014, 03:08 PM
Fescue Bandit winner of the day with an outstanding 41pts.

jasonb
14th December 2014, 05:07 PM
Gareth's scores only start at 40! Well done, again.

highballin
14th December 2014, 05:55 PM
Coalesce well done played good consistent golf all day. And congrats on flying the flag for us ozgolfers.TC played well again me and Hatchy struggled but pleased to say I had no 4putts. Though I did have to sink a 10ft downhill to 3putt.

Funniest thing today all 4 of us stopping next to a ball on fairway talking and waiting for someone to have their shot. After a while the question was asked so who's shot is it. Turned out it was not our ball dohhh!

Hatchman
14th December 2014, 06:17 PM
Your too kind calling what I did struggling. I stank it up big time :roll:.
It's a massive problem when only 2 drives for the whole day were ineffective (blocked safety 3 wood lost ball and nailed driver into wind just rolling into fairway bunker jutting out into fairway). I couldn't hit a barn door with a handful of wheat after the drive atm.
And if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have had any luck at at all :D

That moment on the 16th all waiting for someone to claim and hit that ball was hilarious. The cramp in my calf mid downswing with the driver not so :(.

Some good golf played by The Collective and coalesce with 39 and 41pts. Well done to coalesce winning the day and gaining a walkup start for the final at Glenelg. The Collective will be well placed in the order of merit after 2 rounds.

highballin
14th December 2014, 06:27 PM
Your too kind calling what I did struggling. I stank it up big time :roll:.
It's a massive problem when only 2 drives for the whole day were ineffective (blocked safety 3 wood lost ball and nailed driver into wind just rolling into fairway bunker jutting out into fairway). I couldn't hit a barn door with a handful of wheat after the drive atm.
And if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have had any luck at at all :D

That moment on the 16th all waiting for someone to claim and hit that ball was hilarious. The cramp in my calf mid downswing with the driver not so :(.

Some good golf played by The Collective and coalesce with 39 and 41pts. Well done to coalesce winning the day and gaining a walkup start for the final at Glenelg. The Collective will be well placed in the order of merit after 2 rounds.

Ohh yeah I forgot about your cramp that was funny for us though :D

coalesce
14th December 2014, 06:28 PM
I preferred laughing at Hatchman's 2nd plugged ball in the face of a bunker, and then him sliding down into the bunker, with the sand moved completely burying his ball. Was all I could do not to laugh whilst thecollective was chipping to the other side of me.

Once again, an enjoyable day with great weather and even better company. I think I shall wear the medal to bed tonight

Hatchman
14th December 2014, 06:53 PM
I preferred laughing at Hatchman's 2nd plugged ball in the face of a bunker, and then him sliding down into the bunker, with the sand moved completely burying his ball. Was all I could do not to laugh whilst thecollective was chipping to the other side of me.

Once again, an enjoyable day with great weather and even better company. I think I shall wear the medal to bed tonight

You would have all giggled like girls if you saw what happened with the 1st one on the hole before. No chance of moving that one forward as the lip was undercut and over hanging the ball position. Just standing on the face dug into the sand about 6 inches deep. Ball pops out of plugged lie, hits lip and rolls back into the deep 6" hole left by my left foot FFS. No point even trying to play that so pick up for the 1st of 4 wipes in a row :roll::twisted:

nadg63
14th December 2014, 10:15 PM
Fescue Bandit winner of the day with an outstanding 41pts.

Well done on the win matey, that handicap system must catch up with you soon! ;)

coalesce
14th December 2014, 11:09 PM
Well that was a played to of 14.5 which has taken another 0.8 off

Wait til I'm back stinking up the vines next week...

Chilled
15th December 2014, 11:59 AM
Wait til I'm back stinking up the vines next week...And I'll be stinking the vines up this friday :D

coalesce
15th December 2014, 12:54 PM
And I'll be stinking the vines up this friday :D

But its such an easy course...!

Chilled
15th December 2014, 12:56 PM
But its such an easy course...!That's why I'm going :D

jasonb
15th December 2014, 01:34 PM
Gareth, notice how you keep scoring in the 40's when I am not around? Sorry to bring you down to my level:lol:

coalesce
15th December 2014, 01:42 PM
Gareth, notice how you keep scoring in the 40's when I am not around? Sorry to bring you down to my level:lol:

Well it is either you, or the Vines :)

I'm hoping to finally play a good round there this week!

nadg63
15th December 2014, 04:29 PM
Well it is either you, or the Vines :)

I'm hoping to finally play a good round there this week!

Will be dragging myself down there then no matter what to witness this! ;-)

Hatchman
16th December 2014, 01:34 PM
A fine effort by thecollective being tied for 3rd for the day also.

They must have had you in B grade mate as the guy in second (off 12) had 40pts and you never made the grade winners at presentations.
Thecollective and coalesce could possibly be sitting 1&2 in the order of merit, will have to wait for the results to be posted on the site to confirm.

coalesce
16th December 2014, 01:45 PM
From the rules on the website: http://www.golflink.com.au/golf-link-race-series/about/rules.aspx

For the purpose of awarding grade points, the following handicap grades apply based a players Golf Australia handicap: A Grade: + handicaps to 9.4, B Grade: 9.5 to 15.4, C Grade: 15.5 to 36(men) to 45 (women)

Pretty sure TC can't be topped for 1st on the OOM. Not sure I'd be as high as 2 - I think there were quite a lot of people there who played at Mt Osmond too and I only got 5 points more than a participation certificate there ;)

coalesce
16th December 2014, 02:12 PM
Actually, I think TC is close for 1st - there's a guy from Gawler who won the first round and came about 10-12th - it depends where they place on countback and whether they got and NTP or LD bonus - but TC has 235 points. I think I'm about 6th with 190 points. My guess for highballin would be around 12th-14th with 130 points.

nadg63
16th December 2014, 04:27 PM
Well played you guys.

Hatchman
16th December 2014, 06:21 PM
Well played 3 of you guys.

Made a correction for you.
Like some fictional dude some acknowledge was born around this time. I sacrificed myself for others :D

nadg63
16th December 2014, 06:49 PM
Made a correction for you.
Like some fictional dude some acknowledge was born around this time. I sacrificed myself for others :D

Ha ha :lol: You must have been good for morale/support!

thecollective
16th December 2014, 10:34 PM
Coalesce: oh the pressure of it all - watch me 'Norman choke' the last two :oops: :smt087:wink:

Hatchman
18th December 2014, 02:14 PM
A fine effort by thecollective being tied for 3rd for the day also.

They must have had you in B grade mate as the guy in second (off 12) had 40pts and you never made the grade winners at presentations.
Thecollective and coalesce could possibly be sitting 1&2 in the order of merit, will have to wait for the results to be posted on the site to confirm.

Results are up now.
Order of merit has:
thecollective in 2nd
coalesce in T5th
Highballin T12

coalesce and thecollective have automatically qualified for the state final by wining the day or finishing in the 2 two of their grade, once well done guys.

For the others that were there? Did they give out trophies for winner and runner up in each grade or only the winners?

coalesce
18th December 2014, 03:31 PM
Each grade winner got a bag and a bottle of wine I think. I don't know if the medal I got was for the grade win or the overall win. I think they read out the runners up in the overall, but I don't remember TC getting a prize for 2nd in grade?

Hatchman
18th December 2014, 06:13 PM
Each grade winner got a bag and a bottle of wine I think. I don't know if the medal I got was for the grade win or the overall win. I think they read out the runners up in the overall, but I don't remember TC getting a prize for 2nd in grade?

I thought they read out runner ups but doubted myself.
Went on the site to read the rules on the round games and can't seem to find out any info about prize payouts, only qualifying.
You were winner of the day.
Most events have a one trophy per player rule which would leave TC the winner of C Grade. If they don't have a one per player rule that would leave him in the runner up spot for C Grade. None of us herd his name called so it seems a bit strange.

thecollective
19th December 2014, 03:27 PM
Hatch: I asked about it; apparently I was tied for second but lost it in a countback.

All good, bring on Kooyonga

TC

Hatchman
19th December 2014, 05:54 PM
Not sure how you tied for second?
This from the results page.

Link to results page
http://www.golflink.com.au/golf-link-race-series/results/sa/2014/12/links-lady-bay-rd-2-results.aspx

coalesce
19th December 2014, 07:55 PM
Were you really grade C?!

Hatchman
19th December 2014, 09:35 PM
Taken from the comp rules:

Grades

Prizes will be awarded to the winner of A, B and C grade at all order of merit qualifying events – the winner being the golfer with the best stableford score
Players finishing in the top two of their grade at every order of merit qualifying event will be eligible to enter the state final
For the purpose of the Race Series, the following handicap grades apply, grades based on a player Golf Australia handicap: A Grade: + handicaps to 9.4, B Grade: 9.5 to 15.4, C Grade 15.5 to 36 (men) and 45 (women)
The winner of each order of merit qualifying event by grade, will be awarded 10 bonus points (note the overall winner of the day is not eligible for these grade bonus points)
At the state final, players will be competing only against players from within their grade and each of the three grade winners on the day will be guaranteed a spot in the national final
There will be a separate award at the national final for the winner of each grade over the course of the final. The winner shall be the player in each grade with the best accumulative score (note the overall Race Series national champion will not be eligible for a grade winning prize)
From my mates login showing tc's GA Hcp on the day being 15.5 which is C grade as per above and as recorded in the events results.

It's looking like some one's made a boo boo.