PDA

View Full Version : Censorhip gone too far!

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 12:36 PM
Funny story.

guy at ISG sends me a PM saying "you seem to have alot of clubs for sale etc etc, I'm in the market for this that and the other do yo have anything?"

I reply "Not currently but I might, a good place to look though is www.ozgolf.net/forums (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums) as its a good little community and plenty of guys offload quality gear at cheap prices"

He replies back "I already have, thats how you got this message"

I'm thinking to myself, is this guy crazy? Then I scroll up and notice that the reply I sent him VIA PM (he quoted it) actually says visit www.iseekgolf.com/forums (http://www.iseekgolf.com/forums) !

They have somehow implemented a wordban or auto change even in PM's!

crazy stuff!

AndyP
8th March 2006, 12:41 PM
That's been in place for a fair while.

Admin believes that we are competition.

connico
8th March 2006, 12:42 PM
lol yeah amanda had to email me the ozgolf link, when she tried to pm me it, but it was changed to iseekgolf... bahahahaha

terryand
8th March 2006, 12:43 PM
Give it to em Moe.i thought PM's meant "private"

Terry.

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 12:43 PM
doing it in PM's is a bit much isn't it?

I thought I had lost my marbles for a second

terryand
8th March 2006, 12:48 PM
I think it is flattering the way good ol "Admin" carries on about our little non-profit basically social club forum.

What going to happen when we start selling cheap rounds of golf:mrgreen:

Terry.

Jarro
8th March 2006, 12:48 PM
typical of the Nazi over there.

the guy's got some real issues

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 12:52 PM
i can understand the reluctance to allow us to link in public, though its a bit silly.

but censoring a PM?!

probably browsed tis forum one day about how we found the site and saw that some of us it was via PM at ISG and blew his top!

Toolish
8th March 2006, 12:54 PM
Had the same problem, a while ago there was discussion here about a guy who I know posts on iseek, so I sent a PM to him telling him to come over and have a look...got a message back from him saying it was a broken link!

Andrew
8th March 2006, 12:55 PM
Thommo,

I started a thread there over a year ago about this & then tested it every few months for a while. I can't really see why they would have to, as both site serve different purposes.

BTW, I assumed you had already lost your marbles:D

terryand
8th March 2006, 12:55 PM
i can understand the reluctance to allow us to link in public, though its a bit silly.

but censoring a PM?!

probably browsed tis forum one day about how we found the site and saw that some of us it was via PM at ISG and blew his top!

I notice there are some guest online right now:-k

Probably having a hissy fit as we speak:smt043

Terry.

PS.....Hi Jas:smt019

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:00 PM
The swear filter is global. You can't have it work for just the forum and not the PMs.
That's why OZgolf is picked up in PMs as well.

Admin's views on other golf websites, which I don't completely disagree with:
http://www.iseekgolf.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12336

Trung
8th March 2006, 01:02 PM
I notice there are some guest online right now:-k
Probably having a hissy fit as we speak:smt043
Terry.
PS.....Hi Jas:smt019

its' me running 2 computers :twisted:

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:04 PM
I started a thread there over a year ago about this & then tested it every few months for a while. I can't really see why they would have to, as both site serve different purposes.
I remember that one:
http://www.iseekgolf.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9852

Don't know how that thread survived, Andrew.

connico
8th March 2006, 01:10 PM
bahhaa whos the fool that wrote

o z g o l f . n e t?

Jarro
8th March 2006, 01:11 PM
that's no fool connico ;)

Trung
8th March 2006, 01:29 PM
wait and see how long it will be up there for..

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:31 PM
Deleted.

Webster
C'mon guys, let it go. You have to respct the right of the forum owner to do whatever the hell he likes with his own site. Mind you, it does seem a trifle silly.

Jarro, are you still banned over there?

Moe Norman
heh, its like the Cashmore forum.

Jarro
8th March 2006, 01:33 PM
C'mon guys, let it go. You have to respct the right of the forum owner to do whatever the hell he likes with his own site. Mind you, it does seem a trifle silly.

Jarro, are you still banned over there?

sure am mate, still have at least 2 more years to go yet :mrgreen:

Webster
8th March 2006, 01:33 PM
heh, its like the Cashmore forum.

Its not that stupid. Can you believe I'm banned ONLY in that forum over there but nowhere else? They dont take too kindly to a bit of criticism over there.

Trung
8th March 2006, 01:34 PM
the whole ficken thread got deleted..

Webster
sure am mate, still have at least 2 more years to go yet :mrgreen:
Jarro, Jims 2016 ban was lifted 10 years early (presumably for good behaviour). There's hope for you yet.

Jack.

Webster
the whole ficken thread got deleted..
Hardly surprising.

Jarro
8th March 2006, 01:36 PM
Jarro, Jims 2016 ban was lifted 10 years early (presumably for good behaviour). There's hope for you yet.

Jack.

well, even if he does relax his stance on my ban, i doubt i'll go back there anyway.

most of the good people have come over here anyway it seems :-D

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:36 PM
C'mon guys, let it go.
I'm not sure that they can, Jack. It's been nearly two years, and they're still b!tching.

Jarro
8th March 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure that they can, Jack. It's been nearly two years, and they're still b!tching.

really !!

what have they been saying ??

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:38 PM
I'm talking about you guys.

terryand
8th March 2006, 01:39 PM
Is it coincidence since this thread started and the other one got banned that there are 6 guests on:smt043

Terry.

Jarro
8th March 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm talking about you guys.

i know

3oneday
8th March 2006, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure that they can, Jack. It's been nearly two years, and they're still b!tching.Andy, you still go back and stir the pot mate, or you did when I checked in last about a month ago. How is your relationship with OMG going these days, married yet ?? :p No invites for him to join up ??? :lol:

I have 6 months still to run on my ban, doubt I will bother to return though, the content seems to have dropped off a fair bit. Plus, Jack seems like he's in charge there nowadays !!! :roll:

Pete

AndyP
8th March 2006, 01:44 PM
Andy, you still go back and stir the pot mate, or you did when I checked in last about a month ago.
I'm a semi-regular poster and avid reader. I don't make special visits.

How is your relationship with OMG going these days, married yet ?? :p No invites for him to join up ??? :lol:
Have you checked our members list?
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/member.php?u=149

3oneday
8th March 2006, 01:46 PM
Have you checked our members list?
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/member.php?u=149Whaddya do, ban him before he posted ???

:lol:

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 01:57 PM
jack,

aren;t you banned from the favourite courses forum too?

PS: I don't ***** about either site, I just thought it was funny - I post equally as much on both and they both serve a different purpose.

I line up my QLD games on this site and my Vic games on ISG - it's perfect!

Webster
8th March 2006, 02:00 PM
Which one of you blokes is OMG?

3oneday
8th March 2006, 02:06 PM
Which one of you blokes is OMG?Might have been chucky ??? wouldn't the question be better directed as which one is whathisname ??? :lol:

AndyP
8th March 2006, 02:10 PM
Which one of you blokes is OMG?
I suspect it is ThomMoe.

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 03:13 PM
thats insulting AndyP.

in he end I got the blome over here I was trying to PM the address to. He just posted in the MP 37 thread!

Andrew
8th March 2006, 04:39 PM
Is it coincidence since this thread started and the other one got banned that there are 6 guests on:smt043

Terry.

I don't think it means that much, Terry. There is 75 guests over there at the moment.

terryand
8th March 2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think it means that much, Terry. There is 75 guests over there at the moment.

Yeah I realize that but we normally only have 1 or 2 at once here,I think with the cross forum references this morning we stirred up some inerest there about this site.

I see we have 2 new members since then :-k

Terry.

macleod
8th March 2006, 05:44 PM
i think what gets forgotenn is that online golfers can NEVER visit or use too many forums, so being concerned about us taking mindshare is a little wasted.

each to their own, but cross-pollination could and probably HAS benefitted the other site to the betterment of both areas.

love thy brother as you would you favourite pet sheep.

Moe Norman
8th March 2006, 05:54 PM
I don't think it means that much, Terry. There is 75 guests over there at the moment. thats the Cashmore clan racing to delete posts.

goughy
8th March 2006, 08:31 PM
As site owner I can say that I make no money out of ozgolf. Our costs have been covered by many generous donations and the profits from the shirts etc we sold have gone to charity. (BTW got a nice thank you from the Qld Cancer Foundation just recently, might have to do it again). This place is moreso my obsession, although with the time I've had to spend here in the last year it's more like a bit of a hobby.

I don't care which golf sites you post links to. I don't have any competition.

But if I started running it as a business; and I can't say how my opinion on this matter would change as I'm not faced with that situation; then who knows if I would go down that line too.

Jim
19th March 2006, 10:39 PM
It must be a strangely paranoid place in the ISG bunker. I've had a gutful of providing their for profit enterprise with free content only to be treated with contempt in return. I don't even look at it anymore.

Of course, posters of the quality of OMG and DGStones don't help them. Although I do give some credence to the theory that OMG is one of you guys deliberately dragging the forum down.:lol: Jarro?

And where have the emoticons gone?

3oneday
19th March 2006, 10:49 PM
And where have the emoticons gone?scroll down to the bottom of the page when you post and you will see the "smiley are on" thingymagig, click Smileys....

Pete

Jim
19th March 2006, 11:02 PM
scroll down to the bottom of the page when you post and you will see the "smiley are on" thingymagig, click Smileys....

Pete