PDA

View Full Version : Tanunda Pines

golfbound
27th October 2014, 03:10 PM
Looking at Playing here in March but cant find any rates anywhere. Does anyone know what the green fees are with a cart are at Tanunda Pines. Also places to stay apart from the Novatel.

coalesce
27th October 2014, 03:34 PM
Thecollective is the man to talk to - he is a member there

We had an OzGolf day there a couple of weeks ago

nadg63
27th October 2014, 04:26 PM
Depends on what level of accommodation you're after, there's a reasonable caravan park at Tanunda with cabins etc if that's all you're after!?

As per Coalesce, PM thecollective ​for course info.

golfbound
27th October 2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks Guys just after something mid range

Daves
27th October 2014, 06:30 PM
Are you there for the Golf or the Barossa Ben?

golfbound
27th October 2014, 06:42 PM
The Golf Daves but the wife will do the Barossa

nadg63
27th October 2014, 06:49 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/7960-thecollective

coalesce
27th October 2014, 06:55 PM
Let us all know nearer the time when you'll be there - I'm sure we can scrape a few OzGolfers together...

golfbound
27th October 2014, 07:51 PM
will be the 27th - 29th March

nadg63
27th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Accommodation wise there are lots of B&B type places around that area that are probably better value than Novotel!? As the golf course is actually in Rowland Flat rather than Tanunda itself, you can pretty much choose to stay anywhere in the Barossa area, Angaston, Lyndoch, Nuriootpa etc, your best bet is to just search a booking website and see what is going - tends to get a bit busy/booked out around there!

I'm afraid that's about as much help as I can be as I live way south of there so do not really have much to do with things up there - sorry.

HatchmannSS76 lives up that way too so he might have some info to pass on!?

golfbound
27th October 2014, 10:24 PM
Cool Thanks nadg63 We were down at McLarenvale a few weeks ago nice place that one and have been to the barossa before but never to play golf and dont really remember my way around there.

Had a look on wotif and a few others but that weekend was booked out for some reason. Must be something going on that time of the year.

nadg63
27th October 2014, 10:32 PM
Cool Thanks nadg63 We were down at McLarenvale a few weeks ago nice place that one and have been to the barossa before but never to play golf and dont really remember my way around there.

Had a look on wotif and a few others but that weekend was booked out for some reason. Must be something going on that time of the year.

I live 10 mins from Mclaren Vale :-) The Barossa is always busy so not surprised.

golfbound
27th October 2014, 10:37 PM
If you need a wine tour in McLaren vale I have a friend that runs a really good tour.

Daggs
27th October 2014, 11:17 PM
Had a look on wotif and a few others but that weekend was booked out for some reason. Must be something going on that time of the year.[/QUOTE]

That might be when the cycling tour is on or one of there many pig out n piss up gourmet we-ends.

The Vine Inn up the road at Nuriootpa is pretty popular and mid priced Ben

golfbound
27th October 2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks Daggs will check it out Whats the course like is it pretty hilly or mostly flat

coalesce
27th October 2014, 11:53 PM
Some hills. A couple of elevated tee shots on par 3s and there's 1 par 4 with a steep climb to the green but otherwise mostly pretty flat

highballin
28th October 2014, 05:42 AM
Never stayed at The Vine Inn but had lunch there plenty of times. Always enjoy it good value !

Hatchman
28th October 2014, 02:58 PM
Never stayed at The Vine Inn but had lunch there plenty of times. Always enjoy it good value !

Minister a I thought it was only average at best the time we went there 2 years ago. We were disapoint.