PDA

View Full Version : Found: Adaptors/Ferrules

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 02:34 PM
I'm after a couple of adaptors and ferrules for each of the following driver heads:

Callaway X2 Hot - the double cog adaptor like this one (http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_CA0017_A_cn_E_10171)
Cleveland Custom Classic XL

If you have any shafts with these adapters already attached, let me know what you have please - I'm looking to experiment!

What's out there?

Steve57
23rd October 2014, 02:42 PM
Diamana D+ 72x5ct stiff with Cally X2Hot/BB adaptor

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 03:27 PM
Diamana D+ 72x5ct stiff with Cally X2Hot/BB adaptor

What length is it? Am I right in thinking that's likely to be low launch/spin?

JADO75
23rd October 2014, 04:30 PM
Stiff or reg?

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 05:02 PM
At this point, I don't think I mind either way, but I doubt I would want any big boy shafts.

If it helps suggest things, I've pretty much only ever hit regular shafts.

I do have an xcalibur fairway in stiff cut down 1" in my cleveland 3w which I hit really well - good height, slight fade if anything

In the Cleveland at 9 degrees, I've got the stock JDL 6 regular at 45", which usually gives me a med-low flight and a tendency to fade. I feel I have to really put the effort into the swing to get the best out of this one. Adding loft gave me a bigger, consistent fade.

In the X2 at 10.5 degrees, I've got the stock Aldila Tour Blue reg shaft, which is too long (at 46") and tending to produce high shots that go left (as well as the occasional one that goes straight and long and keeps me interested). Adding loft didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Neither does more effort/less effort in the swing.

I'd go get fitted but I'm not sure there's anywhere like a PPGL in SA. I don't think I want another new club anyway - just a better shaft for me in the ones I have...

talbo
23rd October 2014, 05:55 PM
Have you tried hitting the 46" whilst gripping down on it (to make it play around 45")? They guys at Drummond West Beach can shorten that shaft pretty easily.

We don't have anything like PPGL but there is at least one Pro/fitter/club builder I'm aware of who definitely knows what he's talking about who could fit you into the right shaft.

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 06:23 PM
Have you tried hitting the 46" whilst gripping down on it (to make it play around 45")? They guys at Drummond West Beach can shorten that shaft pretty easily.

We don't have anything like PPGL but there is at least one Pro/fitter/club builder I'm aware of who definitely knows what he's talking about who could fit you into the right shaft.

Yes, I've been gripping down. I've found if I try and do the sort of swing that works with the Cleveland, i.e. commit to it and make sure there's a follow through, then I will pull the ball left, maybe with draw as well. If I try and block it out, i.e. not much follow through, it is then that I get it to go straight, but it feels really wrong to be doing that.

Who is the fitter please? :)

talbo
23rd October 2014, 07:28 PM
Chris West at O'halloran Hill driving range (up towards Flagstaff Hill GC) He built my irons recently and has the full workshop and launch monitor and knows more about shafts and heads than anyone I've ever talked to.

Steve57
23rd October 2014, 07:43 PM
What length is it? Am I right in thinking that's likely to be low launch/spin?
Correct, low launch and spin.
Shaft is 44" from end of tip to end of grip, plays 45.5" in my Cally BB Alpha.

pt73
23rd October 2014, 07:49 PM
I've got a one time used adapter and a pack of 5 ferrules to fit. The collar on the bottom is minus one piece but it still fits snugly.

Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Steve
23rd October 2014, 07:55 PM
I have a cally double cog here if you are still chasing one

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 08:26 PM
Chris West at O'halloran Hill driving range (up towards Flagstaff Hill GC) He built my irons recently and has the full workshop and launch monitor and knows more about shafts and heads than anyone I've ever talked to.

I know Westy pretty well Coalesce, good bloke, (fellow Pom ;) ), knows what he's doing, and does a very professional job in both fitting and club building.

coalesce
24th October 2014, 10:29 AM

I know Westy pretty well Coalesce, good bloke, (fellow Pom ;) ), knows what he's doing, and does a very professional job in both fitting and club building.

Looks like it would be an idea to get in touch with him before doing anything else. Thanks guys.

Correct, low launch and spin.
Shaft is 44" from end of tip to end of grip, plays 45.5" in my Cally BB Alpha.

I've got a one time used adapter and a pack of 5 ferrules to fit. The collar on the bottom is minus one piece but it still fits snugly.

Drop me a pm if you're interested.

I have a cally double cog here if you are still chasing one

Thanks for this guys. Will get in touch once I've found out more specifically what I'm looking for!!