PDA

View Full Version : The 1 hour golf lesson.

Coldtopper
19th October 2014, 07:15 AM
Im hitting the ball like crap atm and my short game is bad. So I have booked in for the hour at MGA on Thursday for the 6 monthly check up.
I hope to get 4 tips out the lesson @ $130 to cover the full swing, pitching, chipping and checking the putting stroke. As usual the changes will feel like a total swing rebuild but in realistic terms it is only minimal changes.
If you get lessons do you have clear and achievable outcomes that you want from the lesson/s?

Kenny Powers
19th October 2014, 07:48 AM
i had been hitting the ball ok of late but i could feel my swing starting to slip so i had my bimonthly lesson yesterday and sure enough i had a few slack faults.
for me its long term outcomes,trying to put together a swing i can rely on.

coalesce
19th October 2014, 12:37 PM
I try and keep lessons on one specific thing and concentrate on taking 1 or 2 points away from it that I then work on over the next week or 2. Any more than that and it gets overcomplicated and I'm likely to just fall apart when I try and put the thoughts into practice on the course

aym
21st October 2014, 01:35 PM
I generally don't have lessons more than 30 mins long, otherwise I can't remember all the tips.. 1-2 points is pretty much all I can handle at any given point in time..

thecollective
21st October 2014, 01:47 PM
I had two 45 min lessons at MGA with Michelle Becroft (nee Howard) back in 2002 - best coach I ever had! (pity I now live in S.A)

The changes she made in those two lessons took 10 shots off my handicap at the time.

Could not recommend her any higher.

TC

p4m
21st October 2014, 05:26 PM
Wouldnt everyones outcome basically be the same? Best swing possible.

Ive been having regular lessons and once I committed to the changes even if for a week or two I hit it worse. Improvement skyrocketed.