PDA

View Full Version : This is why i love the police

Fishman Dan
6th March 2006, 11:25 PM
Driving home from netball tonight... sweaty, picture of health... went under the harbour bridge in The Rocks on Cumberland St, turning left at the closed down pub - slowed but came nowhere near a halt at a Stop sign. Rolled straight through.. why? I could see a car coming, had to get in front.

Pulled out into the street, looked up in the rear-view. I pulled in front of a Cop car. Within 100 metres the lights were on and a flick of the siren. So i pulled over. I was DONE! Asked the missus to ferret around for my license.

He walks up with a breathalizer! Go through the process of getting breath-tested, and he says - "You know you've just failed to stop at that stop sign? Got your license there?"

I says - "Yeah mate, I thought that's why you've pulled me over". Hand him my license, with broken corner so the expiry date is half-missing.

I blow 0.000000.

"No worries. Thanks. And i'll let you off on that stop sign infringement, just be more careful".

"Sure will. Have a nice day"

;)

Matt 3 Jab
7th March 2006, 08:29 AM
Told you we were nice guys!!! ;)
There is a massive movement at the moment to really use common sence when it comes to little breaks of the law like that, lift the image of police, i bet $100 it wasent a highway patrol officer, they enforce law, other officers are there to really push that serve the community idea, which is great.
COPS ARE TOPS!

3oneday
7th March 2006, 08:51 AM
Maybe he saw you with your skirt on and thought he'd better let it go ???

:lol:

AndyP
7th March 2006, 09:32 AM
You should have been locked away, Fishy, for that and your previous crimes.

I bet the police statewide won't be consistent.

andylo
7th March 2006, 09:57 AM
Maybe all officers in Brisbane are hwy patrol.

But I always said QLD's office are sucks... the NSWs are ok, they are doing their job.

Not sure about Vic's thu

BrisVegas
7th March 2006, 10:01 AM
Maybe all officers in Brisbane are hwy patrol.

But I always said QLD's office are sucks...

Andylo, seriously..... I've seen you drive. You should be locked up. :-P

And don't tell me, it's all the OTHER drivers who are idiots.... slowing you down, getting in your way?

Iain
7th March 2006, 10:04 AM

And don't tell me, it's all the OTHER drivers who are idiots.... slowing you down, getting in your way?

Well it's not Macca slowing him down..... :shock:

BrisVegas
7th March 2006, 10:08 AM
Actually Iain, good point!

You've given me a brilliant idea. We should try and organise a track day for the ozgolf-rice-rocket-racers! Get connico up here in whatever long-grain-special-fly-lice he ends up getting, Macca's Mitso, Andylo's pimp-daddy Echo... who else out there is a rice-racer???

Just for laughs, get KezaG in there in the bad-as$ V8 Aussie mobile.

this could go off.

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:15 AM

Mate its not about how fast you travel, is about you REALLY know what you are doing.

Have you ever done series of defensive driving courses, have you ever got a CAM license? Do you know the how a FF, FR, RR, AWD will react in different situation?

I know all of above, and I am sure MOST ppl who has a driver license in the country don't. I am not into the league with the PRO racer but according to our intructors we who took the courses will perform better and safer than 90% of the ppl in the country.

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:16 AM
Actually Iain, good point!

You've given me a brilliant idea. We should try and organise a track day for the ozgolf-rice-rocket-racers! Get connico up here in whatever long-grain-special-fly-lice he ends up getting, Macca's Mitso, Andylo's pimp-daddy Echo... who else out there is a rice-racer???

Just for laughs, get KezaG in there in the bad-as$ V8 Aussie mobile.

this could go off.

Good idea... but I suggest a Go-Kart day in Kingston Raceway or along the line.

AndyP
7th March 2006, 10:17 AM
I close my eyes when driving with A-lo.

Probably not a smart thing to do when I'm the one that's driving.

AndyP
7th March 2006, 10:19 AM
Good idea... but I suggest a Go-Kart day in Kingston Raceway or along the line.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3954

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:19 AM
I close my eyes when driving with A-lo.

Probably not a smart thing to do when I'm the one that's driving.

:lol:

Good one :lol:

BrisVegas
7th March 2006, 10:22 AM
Mate its not about how fast you travel, is about you REALLY know what you are doing.

Have you ever done series of defensive driving courses, have you ever got a CAM license? Do you know the how a FF, FR, RR, AWD will react in different situation?

Your first statement is arrogant and ignorant.

Yes, I've done defensive driving courses on bikes, cars and trucks. No I don't have a CAMS licence, nor any interest in racing at this point.

Whilst car-control is a very important thing, a huge part of being a defensive driver is awareness of the traffic around you, keeping to safe following distances and keeping calm behind the wheel.

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:28 AM
Your first statement is arrogant and ignorant.

yes I am, because I think 70% of QLDer dunno how to drive.

Try NSWer and VICer, they are MUCH BETTER driver in general.

Man I can keep ranting for an year long how bad QLDer drives.

(Sorry my fellow QLDer, I love the place and ppl but the heart attack thru driving I get per day is not funny)

I suggest everyone before they get a license they should go thru the defensive driving course, and get tested. Pass it you got your license or else you don't.

I believe 90% of ppl in Sunnybank area will never get their f'king license thats including Christine :twisted:

p.s: BV> yeah I drive too fast but you never see me doing tailgating right ;)

BrisVegas
7th March 2006, 10:29 AM
i give up.

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:31 AM
We both should... we kinda take the thread away... too far!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyP
7th March 2006, 10:31 AM
I've got my car up to 170kph. :)

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:33 AM
I've got my car up to 170kph. :)

Actually should find a day and try how fast I can take our new A4 to....

Getting too old lately... in my hay days the first thing I will do is to check out my new toy's Top Speed... of course after engine run-in if it's brand new :D

3oneday
7th March 2006, 10:35 AM
I've got my car up to 170kph. :)is that with a driver or a 5 iron ???

:p

Grunt
7th March 2006, 10:35 AM
My PT does 190+ :p

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:37 AM
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4197

Iain
7th March 2006, 10:38 AM
Andy,

I'll agree with Brisvegas on this, car control is one thing, but I find that trying to predict what the other cage's are doing is more important, and I should know, because I've got to ride defensivley otherwise I will get taken out....

Controling a car at speed's used on our roads is not overly difficult, it's the **** about sitting on 95km in the right lane, not checking over shoulder for the blind spot, tailgating at 100km and not merging until the last metre's of a lane etc etc That cause's all the bull**** that is known as peak hour in Australia.

Toolish
7th March 2006, 10:54 AM

I know all of above, and I am sure MOST ppl who has a driver license in the country don't. I am not into the league with the PRO racer but according to our intructors we who took the courses will perform better and safer than 90% of the ppl in the country.

A-lo...i am really starting to believe you are an idiot, but Iwould be happy for you to prove me wrong.

I have done defensive driver training, have held a CAMS license and have driving a fair variety of cars in different conditions.

One of the main problems with defensive driver training is people come out of it thinking they are Fernando Alonso. Our company makes all new employees do training as driving is part of the job, and a lot of people have accidents on the roads leading out of the training centre because they think they REALLY know what they are doing.

I agree that there is a difference between driving slowly and driving safely, but no matter how good you are, speeding is dangerous, because you can not ever predict what people around you will do. Defensive driver instructors tell you that, but most students choose to ignore it, after all they ahve spent a few days really learning how to drive and think they are good enough to miss the trouble.

Grunt
7th March 2006, 10:58 AM
I have done defensive driver training, have held a CAMS license and have driving a fair variety of cars in different conditions.

One of the main problems with defensive driver training is people come out of it thinking they are Fernando Alonso. Our company makes all new employees do training as driving is part of the job, and a lot of people have accidents on the roads leading out of the training centre because they think they REALLY know what they are doing.

I agree that there is a difference between driving slowly and driving safely, but no matter how good you are, speeding is dangerous, because you can not ever predict what people around you will do. Defensive driver instructors tell you that, but most students choose to ignore it, after all they ahve spent a few days really learning how to drive and think they are good enough to miss the trouble.

Have to agree 100% with everything you have said toolish, have seen the alonso example many times.

andylo
7th March 2006, 11:07 AM
Look we all think we know something other ppl's don't due to our extensive experience of some sort. There's no way you can really put yourself 100% in other ppl's shoe so you can't speak for the others.

If you think I am an idoit go ahead. (and I never deny it and darn proud of it too) but I really know what I am talking about. But my delivery skill on forum is quite bad.

Let me put it clear, since I quit racing I just driving like another drivier on road. I am not driving like one of those kid with their bang up RX3 with lots of exhaust gas from the back and doing 150KM/H.

I drive slightly faster in time, 65 on 60, 75 on 70 and 115 on 110. Thats all. I know what is mean "every K over is a killer" and the sort but the research has done on that is hardly accurate, and I believe you know that too Toolish.

And aparting from predicting other ppl's behaviour on road there're still a bunch of things you can elaborate: i.e. is the car you are driving is safe enough to be driven on road and the sort.

What I am trying to point out is, driving faster NOT always necssary = more risks.... and if you know what you are doing it and able to react correctly in different situation would be better off.

Taking def. driving course is NOT going to make you Schmaga over nite and if you do you are kidding yourself. But do you agree it would make you are more competent driver if you did take one? ;)

connico
7th March 2006, 11:40 AM
Get connico up here in whatever long-grain-special-fly-lice he ends up getting, Macca's Mitso, Andylo's pimp-daddy Echo... who else out there is a rice-racer???

Id come up for a track day but id have to get my 180sx which is a track car only shipped up. Thats the rice rocket i drive on the track, SR20DET Twin Turbo goodness. It runs Mid 13ish QM but i havnt worked on it sinced i started golf :)

And at present im in negotiation on the price of a 147 TSpark Alfa :)

terryand
7th March 2006, 01:39 PM
A-Lo you amaze me with the crap you come up with sometimes, just because you have done all of what you said and "you" believe you are a good driver that gives you the God given right to speed on "our" roads and call everyone else on the road idiots,

Wake up to yourself A-Lo,I don't see a big red "S" on your chest:smt011

Terry.

Toolish
7th March 2006, 01:54 PM
Look we all think we know something other ppl's don't due to our extensive experience of some sort. There's no way you can really put yourself 100% in other ppl's shoe so you can't speak for the others.

If you think I am an idoit go ahead. (and I never deny it and darn proud of it too) but I really know what I am talking about. But my delivery skill on forum is quite bad.

Let me put it clear, since I quit racing I just driving like another drivier on road. I am not driving like one of those kid with their bang up RX3 with lots of exhaust gas from the back and doing 150KM/H.

I drive slightly faster in time, 65 on 60, 75 on 70 and 115 on 110. Thats all. I know what is mean "every K over is a killer" and the sort but the research has done on that is hardly accurate, and I believe you know that too Toolish.

And aparting from predicting other ppl's behaviour on road there're still a bunch of things you can elaborate: i.e. is the car you are driving is safe enough to be driven on road and the sort.

What I am trying to point out is, driving faster NOT always necssary = more risks.... and if you know what you are doing it and able to react correctly in different situation would be better off.

Taking def. driving course is NOT going to make you Schmaga over nite and if you do you are kidding yourself. But do you agree it would make you are more competent driver if you did take one? ;)

Technically after driver training you will be a better driver, but 90% of driving is attitude...and that is something a lot of people (including you apparently) miss.

There is a big difference between knowing what a car can do in controlled conditions so you have that knowledge to use in an emergeny, and deliberately pushing everything harder because you think you are a good driver, therefore creating dangerous situations.

Ohh, please let me know if you ever move to Victoria, with an attitude like yours you wont have a license for long.

Terry...could not agree with you more.

connico
7th March 2006, 01:57 PM
victorian police are known to be aggressive on taking...

Jarro
7th March 2006, 01:59 PM
Victorian police are known to be aggressive on ANYTHING :roll:

andylo
7th March 2006, 02:05 PM
Technically after driver training you will be a better driver, but 90% of driving is attitude...and that is something a lot of people (including you apparently) miss.

There is a big difference between knowing what a car can do in controlled conditions so you have that knowledge to use in an emergeny, and deliberately pushing everything harder because you think you are a good driver, therefore creating dangerous situations.

Ohh, please let me know if you ever move to Victoria, with an attitude like yours you wont have a license for long.

Terry...could not agree with you more.

Ok which part of my typing said I "deliberately pushing everything harder" when I am driving?

Toolish
7th March 2006, 02:19 PM
A-lo...it is a general tone that has come through your posts, you talk of 65 in a 60 being ok (which, BTW it is not, in Vic only get 3km lee way and I know of people being booked for 4-5km over), you say you are better that 90% of others on the road because you have done a driving course, have a CAMS license, have raced, etc. Driving on public roads is a lot different to the relatively controlled conditions of the race track, so don't treat public roads like a race track.

Basically A-lo, I don't think you understand how arrogant you sound when you say some of the things you say...it has come through with a few different issues now....maybe it is just a language thing.

Jarro
7th March 2006, 02:41 PM
Its not a language thing..he's a ****wit !

.. well he always has lots of good things to say about you mate :mrgreen:

Webster
7th March 2006, 02:47 PM
Andylo, I always suspected you were a bit of an idiot - now I know for certain.

Jack.

andylo
7th March 2006, 03:23 PM
Andylo, I always suspected you were a bit of an idiot - now I know for certain.

Jack.

Yes I am Jack.

Toolish in QLD we have 10% buffer and I have been told by a hwy patrol officer in person when playing golf together.

Ok, are we talking about being catch by officer (law stuff) or ability to drive safely on road, which includes handle of vehicle and react to different situation (skill stuff)?

andylo
7th March 2006, 03:32 PM
How fast were you going ? (No chance of getting booked I reckon)

He is slower than me (game playing wise) but he's a nice gent. He has a higher handicap than me. (Which is very rare)

We also discuss a lot of thing and exchange point of views on things as an officer and driver.

AndyP
7th March 2006, 03:41 PM
That swear filter is working overtime for you today, niner.

connico
7th March 2006, 03:42 PM
a responsible officer wouldnt tell you the buffer...

Fishman Dan
7th March 2006, 04:36 PM
Are things posted on internet forums admissible as evidence?

I'm hoping that those among us who see fit to double or triple the speed limit cause no collateral damage when they come acropper. Take yourself out by all means, just don't take out anyone doing the right thing.

Matt - keep up the good work mate. I see everyones quick to dish out praise around here for their careers, except when you tell people you're a cop.

Fishman Dan
7th March 2006, 04:39 PM

Are you sure you know what to do now that you don't have your PS2 or Xbox?

andylo
7th March 2006, 04:43 PM
how is it related? :?

AndyP
7th March 2006, 05:02 PM
Where is that PS2 BTW?!?!?!?

CobraSS
7th March 2006, 05:02 PM
Are you sure you know what to do now that you don't have your PS2 or Xbox?

:mrgreen:

CobraSS
7th March 2006, 05:03 PM
how is it related? :?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

connico
7th March 2006, 05:08 PM
dan is suggesting/implying that you only knew how to drive from console games...

which i reckon could be spot on...

andylo
7th March 2006, 05:23 PM
damn you guys, I am trying to lure him explaining it himself ;)

Fishman Dan
7th March 2006, 06:15 PM
damn you guys, I am trying to lure him explaining it himself ;)

Ya ha.......