PDA

View Full Version : loose putter head ?

Kenny Powers
12th October 2014, 06:21 PM
so 2 rounds in with my new scotty i bought of ebay and the putter head is wiggling and becoming quite loose, anyone had this issue?
I'm on the gold coast so any ideas where i can get this fixed would be appreciated.
cheers

TheNuclearOne
12th October 2014, 07:16 PM
New Scotty coming apart already? I'd be getting that sucker checked for authenticity real fast.

TheNuclearOne
12th October 2014, 07:18 PM
First thing you could do is link us to the sale if you like. Plenty in here can sniff a fake.

Kenny Powers
12th October 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm quite sure it authentic, i first noticed it had really really minute movement then i started trying to wiggle it cause was bothering me a lot

the only way i can authenticate it is by sending to the custom shop or titleist HQ
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301344168067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anfield
12th October 2014, 09:00 PM
WOW very pretty, I'm as far from an expert as can be but I hope it's genuine for ya

Kenny Powers
12th October 2014, 09:05 PM
ha thanks anfield id be really surprised if it wasn't genuine

rodders
12th October 2014, 09:23 PM
Looks authentic to me. Putters have very little epoxy holding the head compared to irons as it is hoped a full blown swing would not be a common event.

Leaving it in your car on a really hot day could potentially weaken the bond enough. I once took a head off with an iron in my hotel room when overseas as a client gave me a putter (why i have no idea) and i needed the head off to fit in my suitcase.

It is a two second job. Go to on of those shops in Bundall and they will do it.

TheNuclearOne
12th October 2014, 09:56 PM
Ok, when you said "new" putter i thought you meant new. Second hand gives a bit of leeway.

I'd say you're safe with Tim anyways.

Kenny Powers
12th October 2014, 10:00 PM
ha yea sorry i should have made that clear,
the chap i bought it off seems very honest, he did me a great deal so i don't really want to bother him about it, just want to know where i can get it fixed really.