PDA

View Full Version : For those who had fitted their club with launchy...

andylo
5th March 2006, 11:43 PM
For those who had fitted their club with launchy, driver's swing speed is around 95MPH, what kind of iron shaft your club fitter recommended?

Just need the brand, model and flex please. Many thanks

connico
5th March 2006, 11:51 PM
Mine gave me a stiff Gal Blue, also cut it down to 43.5. i told him i wanted a low flight which i got with the mp-001 9.5º. Might not be for you, i can drive about 250-270ish at stop....

i was 95 till i made some swing changes but have not since changed my shaft or my driver since... i am now hitting the 100s with my fastest recorded at 105

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:08 AM
Sorry, I mean iron shaft. from 3iron -> wedges.

goughy
6th March 2006, 06:46 AM
Look at the dynacraft dsfi listings. Read the details of how to determine you driver speed (it takes into accout style of swing as well as speed) and then subtract about 15mph to get your approx 5 iron speed.

Then find your shaft from the list of iron shafts that match your speed. The are listed by dsfi, not in flex.

BrisVegas
6th March 2006, 08:33 AM
Quit guessing your iron speed based on your driver. Have a go on the launch monitor with your 5 iron. Some people have a massive difference in 5 iron and driver swing speed, others have very little.

FWIW, my 5 iron was low-mid 90's and Gary at GCI was quite happy to see me in DG S300.

AndyP
6th March 2006, 09:20 AM
Quit guessing your iron speed based on your driver.
I was thinking the same thing when I read the first post.
How embarassing for A-Lo that even I know that.

andylo
6th March 2006, 09:57 AM
Just need the answer I want, not the critics. Thanks :twisted:

AP> I am the one who used to keep telling you to go to get a launchy session don't you think I don't know?

I did another club fitting session last Saturday and I have a few choices and I need extra info to narrow down the selection list.

peter_rs
6th March 2006, 10:07 AM
Alo what was the choices and we may help you that way?

BrisVegas
6th March 2006, 10:09 AM
i was 95 till i made some swing changes but have not since changed my shaft or my driver since... i am now hitting the 100s with my fastest recorded at 105

Is this your 5 iron or driver speed??? :confused:

andylo
6th March 2006, 10:11 AM
Rifle Lite
TX-90
True Temper DG SL

All in A flex.

Jarro
6th March 2006, 10:35 AM
try the Superlite's ALo ;)

they seem to be getting a good wrap lately

connico
6th March 2006, 10:43 AM
Is this your 5 iron or driver speed??? :confused:

lol hell no lol...

Sorry i jumped the gun there guys, was just talking about driver shafts not irons.

I'll be usefull now and talk about iron shafts lol

Andy you do know that when you stick in those extra lights that your going to gain speed???

I dont have any experience with Rifles sorry, iv only ever used one shaft and it wasnt for me. I know that are quality shafts but they just didnt feel right, maybe it was two heavy.

TX-90 are my shaft of choice right now, they arnt the thinest of shafts and infact it makes them look kinda fat when you first look at them. But they are light have a low torque. I'v had a hit with them several times in mp32s and CG4s. They have a mid to high flight but i bet you knew that already. When i when on a launchy with them i had a 3-5mph gain which moved me up a flex.

True Temper DG SL Had these in my Clevelands, nice is all i can say about them, not inspiring but nice, they didnt last very long in the clubs as i couldnt feel anything when i hit them, In the end i ended up putting the original cleveland TT shafts back in.

Have you considered going for the TT Graphite Iron shaft?? I hear good things about them?

peter_rs
6th March 2006, 10:52 AM
TX 90 mid-high flight
SL low-mid flight

both nice shafts. do you hit the X18 as low as the mp32? what 5 iron speed do you think you have? its a big jump from S300 to A flex.

I would think at least stay in R300 as controll could be a issuse with a flex.

andylo
6th March 2006, 11:17 AM
I actually hit the X18 significantly higher than the MP32 even the DGS300 in the X18 are actually rated DGX300 :p (due to bore thru)

I also want to swing significantly slower than now to get better accuracy.

BrisVegas
6th March 2006, 11:20 AM
what about the Nippon NSPro's? Aren't they meant for smooth swingers?

Toolish
6th March 2006, 12:11 PM
I actually hit the X18 significantly higher than the MP32 even the DGS300 in the X18 are actually rated DGX300 :p (due to bore thru)

I also want to swing significantly slower than now to get better accuracy.

Where did you go to get on the launchy, surely an expert fitter would have more idea watching you hit it than we all can over a forum.

Also, swinging slower will not improve your accuracy, unless you are currently losing balance. If you want more accuracy a shorter swing may help, and better technique will, but deliberately swinging slower will probably just throw your rhythm out.

Not suprised the X-18 launch higher than the MP32, look at the clubheads, it is not all in the shaft!

connico
6th March 2006, 12:16 PM
toolish is right, swinging slower isnt going to improve you acc...you need to see a swing doctor or shorten your swing, when i load any club i get spray...need to think 10oclock

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:17 PM
Look... just need the shaft brand, model and flex needed if you have been thru launchy ;)

Jarro
6th March 2006, 12:18 PM
Have you been to see Chris yet ALo ??

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:20 PM
yeah I did.

Jarro
6th March 2006, 12:21 PM
... and ????

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:23 PM
Need a A Flex shaft. ;) (So when it goes into a bore thru it become a Reg)

Toolish
6th March 2006, 12:27 PM
if a fitter is only telling you a shaft flex then you need to get a new fitter.

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:35 PM
if a fitter is only telling you a shaft flex then you need to get a new fitter.

I don't see it this way. To me a good fitter able to measure your swing correctly and make the shaft if your choice works the best for you. But you get to choice what shaft suits you due to different ppl has different requirement base on different siutation.

i.e. I would perfer lower tracjetory on softer fairway/green and vice versa.

Toolish
6th March 2006, 12:49 PM
I don't see it this way. To me a good fitter able to measure your swing correctly and make the shaft if your choice works the best for you. But you get to choice what shaft suits you due to different ppl has different requirement base on different siutation.

i.e. I would perfer lower tracjetory on softer fairway/green and vice versa.

Crap...absolute crap...

I was going to leave it at that but i will expand on it.

You tell the fitter.."i want a low trajectory, etc, etc", he uses that and the launchy numbers to fit you for a shaft. It is what he does for a profession, he should know a lot more than most of us ever will. There may then be 2 or 3 options which all are ok and between the 2 of you a decision is made based on the results and some personal preference. Saying it is an A flex and leaving it at that is a load of ****.

BTW...what exactly is A flex, is it constant from brand to brand, shaft line to shaft line...do you see the problem yet?

andylo
6th March 2006, 12:58 PM
Toolish this thread is NOT about my fitting session but about the YOU GUYS/GALS what are you using in your iron, if you get fitted before.

If you really interest in my launchy result I can give you a full report if you PM me. The full report with exact lie angle, loft of each iron, CPM of each shaft, length of shaft I need etc.

it also comes down to those 3 shafts I listed as my choices while the DGSL would be the most ideal one because I am naturally launch the ball high... well if I strike it correctly.

Toolish
6th March 2006, 01:36 PM
A-lo...i have no interest in your launchy results. I doubt they will be the same as mine, and therefore are of no relevance to me. Only launchy results i care about are mine, and for interests sake the top pros to see the differences.

I don't understand you at all...doubt I ever will...why pay good money to get fitted and get an answer (DGSL), then come on the forums asking for more advice or details of what others are using, do you not trust the fitter?

And as for your statement as to what this thread is about, in case you had not noticed forum threads tend to wander, that is what makes them so great, things you never expect can be revealed as different people pick up on different parts of posts and run with them.

If you really want to know who uses what...driver speed of about 100-105, using DGS300 in my irons.

peter_rs
6th March 2006, 08:41 PM
A flex is the "new" term for seniors flex (between mens and ladies) in DG A flex is about R100 and below. Young guys with egos like the new name better ;)

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:07 AM
If you really want to know who uses what...driver speed of about 100-105, using DGS300 in my irons.

I put this thread up is just for my own curiousity. I agree "forum threads tend to wander" thats why we have a terminology call "thread jack" :lol:

Sorry I am a very curious person, but I am also very straight forward in times. If I want to know something I want to know it in "KISS" way and hope it won't upset you.

Iain
7th March 2006, 10:16 AM

I put this thread up is just for my own curiousity. I agree "forum threads tend to wander" thats why we have a terminology call "thread jack" :lol:

Sorry I am a very curious person, but I am also very straight forward in times. If I want to know something I want to know it in "KISS" way and hope it won't upset you.

So you're nosey.... :razz: :razz:

Iain
7th March 2006, 10:17 AM
AndyLo, my driver SS is about 110-115mph and I'm using PX 6.0 atm.

andylo
7th March 2006, 10:18 AM
So you're nosey.... :razz: :razz:

I might as well :lol:

Toolish
7th March 2006, 03:24 PM
A flex is the "new" term for seniors flex (between mens and ladies) in DG A flex is about R100 and below. Young guys with egos like the new name better ;)

Yep, i understand that, but there is no industry standard in shafts. What one company call a regular another may call an A flex, and another might call a S flex. That is why there is no way I can believe a fitter recommended A-lo get an A flex shaft, it is not specific enough. It is like going to a tailor and being told to buy a large shirt, means very little.

andylo
7th March 2006, 03:35 PM
Ok he basically give me a list of CPM on each club and suggested to use 3 of the above I listed because I did mention I want light weighted steel shaft. Then I ask him what flex is it equal to and he said it's roughly about A flex.

peter_rs
7th March 2006, 04:56 PM
AndyLo, my driver SS is about 110-115mph and I'm using PX 6.0 atm.
Time to wake up Unit, because your dreaming:twisted: :-D

terryand
7th March 2006, 05:11 PM

You'd know:mrgreen:

Terry.

miro
7th March 2006, 05:34 PM
ALo,

100 - 102mph driver.

DGS300 iron shafts.

andylo
7th March 2006, 05:37 PM
thanks miro and Iain

Iain
7th March 2006, 05:42 PM
How the **** would you know what my ss is?? :confused:

terryand
7th March 2006, 05:54 PM

Come on Iain don't be so harsh,we all know that Pete is the only one on this site that can swing it faster that 100 Mph:smt047

Terry.

Toolish
7th March 2006, 06:01 PM
Alo,,,at the risk of being told that you only want to know swing speed and shaft, it might pay to realise there is a lot more to shaft selection than swing speed.

andylo
7th March 2006, 06:16 PM
Alo,,,at the risk of being told that you only want to know swing speed and shaft, it might pay to realise there is a lot more to shaft selection than swing speed.

no worries mate. its all good. I was being to bit too stuborn too ;)

peter_rs
7th March 2006, 11:47 PM

My avg clubhead speed is 110-105 but I can push it 125mph.

When?

:-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

There was a smile, and you must have a short memory, you think you could guess mine.

Thanks Terry. Life is boring without dreams:-D heaps of guys including you are over 100mph SS:shock: