PDA

View Full Version : Funny things on the golf course

mrbluu
28th September 2014, 08:03 AM
Not sure if there is a thread for this but its too funny not to share.

To set the scene there is a dam and around the dam is the 11th tee, and the 13th, 14th and 17th greens. My group was putting out on the 17th green when something caught my attention out the corner of my eye over towards the 13th green. I turn around and see a guy trying fish his ball out. The unusual thing is this guy was lying down on his stomach, with a club in his hand, head first down the bank.....I knew this was going to end well so I called my playing partners to look as well.

As we were watching him fishing around with his club, he just stopped, then started to slide down the bank......then splash, into the water he goes. A chorus of laughter breaks out. He stands up and and then chucks the ball into the middle of the dam ( we find out later that its not his ball).

Gold!!!

Dangals
28th September 2014, 08:07 AM
Lol fantastic!

KristianJ
28th September 2014, 08:08 AM
A gentleman chasing his umbrella down the 7th fairway on a windy, sunny day at Lynwood. One of my favourite memories.

But the fact that the bloke didn't end up with his ball is indeed gold!

dannycallaz
28th September 2014, 08:26 AM
Played in the Mollymook open at Hilltops last month and have this story.

Caught up to a group in front of us and a bloke was looking round for his ball in the trees on the 8th hole left hand side.

Ends up finding it and decides he's going to hook one around the corner. For those that know the hole it's more than a bubba hook to get around the trees and onto the green.

Pulls out his club lines it up and flushes in smack bang into the middle of a tree, rebounds back towards him just misses but continues about waist high flying fast and obliterates the old blokes windscreen on his golf cart behind him about 10-15 metres. The old bloke was in his group and was not happy.

Probably the funniest thing I've witnessed on course in a while.

jimandr
28th September 2014, 10:56 AM
People and things falling into dams is always funny.

My personal favourite is the remote-controlled motorised buggy going out of control and into a dam. Extra points are gained when the owner is running after it and yelling STOP!! I saw this at Camden Valley once.

Daves
28th September 2014, 11:18 AM
People and things falling into dams is always funny.

My personal favourite is the remote-controlled motorised buggy going out of control and into a dam. Extra points are gained when the owner is running after it and yelling STOP!! I saw this at Camden Valley once.

I have seen that one more than once! Extra points are scored when the owner goes in after it to try and save the Wallet, 'Phone and Car keys! I seem to remember a certain WAnker had a similar tale to tell!.

Many years ago I saw a very unhappy golfer throw the lot into a dam, after a particularly trying day I gather. He marched off toward the carpark, only to stop part of the way there, turn and return the the scene of the crime. He entered the water and recovered the bag, got his keys out and then the bag went back in. We were pissing ourselves from the clubhouse bar, as it was in full view.

That was up there with an only occasional golfer mate at a charity day in the bush. "Tiny" was a big guy, 6'9" and very "solid". He wasn't the most co-ordinated of individuals I have know. He hit off the first and his ball dribbled down the hill onto and over a bank at the bottom. Being a somewhat enthusiastic type he took off down the hill to find his ball at a fair clip. He breasted the top of the "bank" at speed, only to attempt a late but unsuccessful u turn. He went/slipped feet first into the open Sewage Pit that was on the other side of the bank! Credit to him, he went home, showered and changed and was back at the club for the afternoon to cop all the banter and puns! I haven't seen Tiny in years, but still chuckle about that one.

GuyIncognito
28th September 2014, 12:58 PM
A particularly temperamental chap at our club one day gave me a good laugh.

After making the turn in 30 (-2) he pushed his drive right up the tenth, had to hit a wedge up over some tall trees to get at the green. A very tough shot, I would have taken my medicine, but he had a crack, went under the ball and got nowhere near it... slammed his wedge on the ground with enough force to snap it. Didn't say a word, just got the two pieces, put them in the big pocket of his bag and walked to his ball. Made a great bogey five from his position, birdied the next and parred 12 and 13.

Then at the short 14th he pushed his tee shot wide of the green and had to lob it over a bunker to have a chance at an up/down. With a different wedge he again slid straight under the ball and left it in the pot. Calmly as you like he snapped his second wedge in the exact same manner as the first.

Calmly as ever he walked back to his bag (a 40m or so walk, leaving him plenty of time to think about what he had done / was doing) and put the two pieces into the big pocket with the other two. He then took his third and final wedge out of his bag, snapped it over his knee, put the pieces into the same pocket, and walked off, without finishing out the hole/round.

Took me a while to be able to breathe again after laughing so hard, better still it was medal day and no one in A grade got near their hcp, he, off 5, would have romped home with just 5 bogeys to finish...

jumbuck
29th September 2014, 08:12 PM
The mad Irishman that never shuts up "Tim" after missing the 4th putt smashes the ball one way then with an Olympic style backhand hurls the putter 47 metres (we paced it out) onto an adjoining green - ends up next to the hole. Luckily the old godgers playing the hole were still at the front of the green. Tim wanders over fixes the large dent the putter has made and calmly walks to the next tee.
Next week we get Tim again and find much amusement in recounting last weeks adventure before we tee off. Tim has had about 7 shots and hasn't quite made the 1st green when another club goes flying - much swearing following as he heads off back down the 1st to the carpark.
Possibly the shortest game of golf on record!

Lagerlover
29th September 2014, 08:16 PM
And good riddance...wanker!!

Looney
30th September 2014, 08:17 AM
I remember playing with a really old guy in a comp round years ago, On the fourth tee he hit off and hit it low into the forward tee marker. It bounced straight back at us just missing the old guy before hitting a post behind the tee and bouncing forward to be about 20 feet in front of where he had hit his tee shot. Without saying a word he just walked up and hit it not realising what had taken place mean while we were all dusting ourselves off after almost being hit twice with the one tee shot. we had t explain to the old guy what had jut happened and how he was lucky not to have been hit twice himself.

GolfTourettes
30th September 2014, 09:41 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/30/3081f7012ab70e58fd0b2a21164f9b2d.jpg

I don't think I need to explain why this is funny... Hahahahahaha

Everglades Country Club, Woy Woy

KristianJ
30th September 2014, 10:10 PM
:smt038

Wardy101
30th September 2014, 10:25 PM
Rofl.

talbo
30th September 2014, 10:26 PM

Winner!

mrbluu
1st October 2014, 11:24 AM

Outstanding!!!!

Larso32
1st October 2014, 12:51 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words.....that's brilliant! :lol:

Mikathegolfer
5th October 2014, 07:36 AM
Must of been a prov

ZENNON
9th October 2014, 05:22 PM
^^^ Wow!

Saw this at Birkdale on the weekend (crap picture but its a driver sticking out in the middle of the dam)

Scifisicko
9th October 2014, 05:48 PM
I chased my umbrella all the way down the first in front of at least 25 members. It was always 5 yards in front of me no matter whether i was jogging or sprinting. The amazing thing (to me) was it hit the pin and stopped. And it was a par 4. It was pissing rain as well. One thoughful chap came and picked me up in a cart. I probably should have been DQ'd.