PDA

View Full Version : Which Irons???

Mixjah
23rd September 2014, 10:34 AM
Which irons should I get?Im tossong up over.....Cobra Bio cell+or Titleist AP1 712'sanyone have feedback on either set.Ive had a fitting with Titleist and I really liked them but im a Cobra ho......

p4m
23rd September 2014, 11:29 AM
i have bio cell + irons not sure what kind of feedback can give. Works well for me. Easy to hit. Looks great when u setup to ball - head size is larger then my last (razr x black).

Pretty forgiving on miss hits just end up losing meters but goes relatively straight. Pretty happy other then i got black and is a bit bland!.

Really enjoy the stock shift shaft in it - was trying to hit my razr x black's earlier and the S300 shaft felt super whippy. (could just be me but who knows)

mrbluu
23rd September 2014, 01:26 PM
Which irons should I get?Im tossong up over.....Cobra Bio cell+or Titleist AP1 712'sanyone have feedback on either set.Ive had a fitting with Titleist and I really liked them but im a Cobra ho......
The of story ;-)

I have a set of AP2's if you are interested in taking it for a spin??

Matt
23rd September 2014, 01:39 PM
I've got 712 AP1. Piss easy to hit they are.

thecollective
23rd September 2014, 05:49 PM
go titleist for sure

Mixjah
23rd September 2014, 09:02 PM
The of story ;-)I have a set of AP2's if you are interested in taking it for a spin?? Thanks Bluu Ap2's might be too good a bat for me ;-)I appreciate it mate thanks, but after I do buy new sticks im going to take you up on your offer of changing the lie angles.

SirTop
24th September 2014, 12:14 PM
Jpx 825 pros are fantastic and easy to hit without being big fat GI?profile

benno_r
24th September 2014, 12:26 PM
Bio cell+ they look crap, but hit great. Imagine there would a few sets available on run out.

Mixjah
24th September 2014, 02:10 PM
Bio cell+ they look crap, but hit great. Imagine there would a few sets available on run out.
Really, you dont like the look of the Bio cell+. Thats one thing that drew me towards them....... each to there own though.

benno_r
24th September 2014, 02:12 PM
Really, you dont like the look of the Bio cell+. Thats one thing that drew me towards them....... each to there own though.
I actually do like them, but general consensus is they are ugly.

Hit them a few times and they flat out perform.

backintheswing
24th September 2014, 02:24 PM
I actually do like them, but general consensus is they are ugly.

Hit them a few times and they flat out perform.

You play blades now don't you????

Steve57
24th September 2014, 02:26 PM
:lol:

benno_r
24th September 2014, 05:55 PM
You play blades now don't you????
Owning blades, and playing blades are 2 different things my friend!

Daves
24th September 2014, 06:04 PM
Buy both, that is what I do.:wink:

benno_r
24th September 2014, 06:09 PM
They already bought Dave, I have been learning from the best!

Mixjah
5th October 2014, 07:06 AM
Ok todays the day im going to bite the bullet and get a new set of irons today, but im still undecided.
The Titleist irons preformed well for me when hitting them at a fitting but then the biocell +'s look the goods and will match my cobra bag...... decisions decisions!!!
also whats the difference between the normal biocell irons and the +'s???

Dotty
5th October 2014, 08:59 AM
I have Bio Cell in 7-LW, which I bought for the 85g steel shaft, which suits my anaemic swing well. I'm happy with them, but may be too light for most OZgolfers.

I think the PLUS has less offset and heavier shafts.

Interestingly, the standard version was preferred by the Today's Golfer testers, than the plus version ...

http://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/equipment/equipment-features/the-tests-2014/irons-test-2014/cobra-bio-cell/

http://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/equipment/equipment-features/the-tests-2014/irons-test-2014/cobra-bio-cell1/

3oneday
5th October 2014, 09:03 AM
The set i use have a thin topline, excellent feedback and progressive offset.

Topflite Tour Oversize.

wizard_of_oz
5th October 2014, 09:08 AM
Get the Titleist if they perform well. Firstly, you will play well on the course when you have the right specs and shaft suited for your swing. Secondly, Titleist tends to retain their value in part due to longer product cycles. Thirdly, the Bio Cell look sh$T, like, really sh¥T :) and you will have no resale value.

yoyo
5th October 2014, 09:52 AM
Titleist. Buy a new bag.

TheNuclearOne
5th October 2014, 10:58 AM
Stuck on this myself. I don't go thru many irons at all but it's time. I've narrowed it down to about 10 sets LOL

benno_r
5th October 2014, 01:39 PM
Bio Cell + is a solid choice. Loved them every time I have hit them.