PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 5s help

3oneday
18th September 2014, 05:49 PM
Guys, my daughter is having probs with her 5s. I guess like most teenagers she is on it a lot. It's 5 months old, 16gb with about 2gb remaining.

The issue is with sms and messaging. Sometimes she has to restart the phone to receive her messages, sometimes opening the messages icon? freezes the phone or is a blank screen.

We did the latest update last night, have reset network and all settings. Do I need a restore? If that is the case and do a backup, restore to factory settings, then restore again so she doesn't lose her contacts will that achieve nothing? Am I just reinstoring whatever is wrong with it?

Help please, it's beyond me, and dealing with a 16 year old is tough work :)

Her description is "my phone is crap Dad".

ZENNON
18th September 2014, 05:53 PM
Try turning off iMessages (sms's which uses data)

(Settings | Messages | iMessage)

Ps tell her to be grateful, my iPhone is so old I can't even install iOS8 on it...

markTHEblake
18th September 2014, 06:38 PM
She is 16, she should know more about technology than you.

Tell her to fix it herself or you can give her your Nokia 3210.

PS. Google knows how to fix this or send her to the apple store (make and appointment)

simmsy
18th September 2014, 06:48 PM
5 months old?
Take it to Apple get a new one

3oneday
18th September 2014, 06:53 PM
She is 16, she should know more about technology than you.

Tell her to fix it herself or you can give her your Nokia 3210.

PS. Google knows how to fix this or send her to the apple store (make and appointment)
You are a freak, how did you know I was still using a Nokia?

Captain Nemo
18th September 2014, 07:29 PM
5 months old?
Take it to Apple get a new one
Yep, that's the go.

3oneday
18th September 2014, 07:43 PM
Won't be tomorrow, apple may be busy ;)

mrbluu
18th September 2014, 07:43 PM
Guys, my daughter is having probs with her 5s. I guess like most teenagers she is on it a lot. It's 5 months old, 16gb with about 2gb remaining.

The issue is with sms and messaging. Sometimes she has to restart the phone to receive her messages, sometimes opening the messages icon? freezes the phone or is a blank screen.

We did the latest update last night, have reset network and all settings. Do I need a restore? If that is the case and do a backup, restore to factory settings, then restore again so she doesn't lose her contacts will that achieve nothing? Am I just reinstoring whatever is wrong with it?

Help please, it's beyond me, and dealing with a 16 year old is tough work :)

Her description is "my phone is crap Dad".

Get her an Android phone or an set of AP2's ;)