PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Driver/s to fund 712MBs

FuzzyJuzzy
8th September 2014, 08:58 PM
Hey Dudes,

Gotta offload some drivers to cover the cost of some 712MBs. And hopefully some KBS Tour Vs to go in them.
- Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5* with UST VTS 6 Silver SX SPX and brand new black/red Golf Pride NDMC. Club itself is a solid 9/10, bought off Jado75 maybe six weeks ago. Only one weird thing though - and you can see it in one of the pics below - it LOOKS like the ferrule wasn't glued properly or something, and that the head may be on the verge of coming off. However, I've shown this to both MrBluu and Stuartd147 and they seem to think that that's not the case, but rather that the wrong size ferrule (or something like that, can't remember exactly what they said, but I'm sure they could explain it properly) was used. Stuartd147 held the grip end while I tried to reef the head off, and it wouldn't budge. Pics below, $200 plus postage. PRICE DROP - now $170, thanks.
Another to follow.

Captain Nemo
8th September 2014, 09:52 PM
That looks shit, whoever did that should be embarrassed.
(The ferrule ****up)

FuzzyJuzzy
8th September 2014, 11:57 PM
Adding a Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.0* with Fubuki Alpha 60 X. 8.5/10. $200 plus postage. Pics below. PRICE DROP - now $170, thanks.

FuzzyJuzzy
9th September 2014, 08:15 AM
Price drops lads - $170 for the X2 Hot Pro, $170 for the Cleveland Classic XL Custom.
These are probably more realistic prices - and will hopefully stir some interest... . Cheers, FJ.

3oneday
9th September 2014, 08:51 AM
Is the UST VTS SX SPX thingy extra stiff?

FuzzyJuzzy
9th September 2014, 09:17 AM
Is the UST VTS SX SPX thingy extra stiff?

Hey Pete,

Well, when I bought it I was told "SX" meant between Stiff and X. See URL below, and a screen grab from that site showing full specs for this shaft. Cheers.
http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/woods/proforce-vts-65

JADO75
9th September 2014, 09:49 AM
I'll buy it back fj, I'll call u shortly. My apologies for the tip, I guy u know did it. You should have let me know brotha & I would have got it sorted, my apologies again

FuzzyJuzzy
9th September 2014, 09:56 AM
I'll buy it back fj, I'll call u shortly. My apologies for the tip, I guy u know did it. You should have let me know brotha & I would have got it sorted, my apologies again

Hey mate,

Nice of you to offer to buy it back dude. And yeah, I should've let you know - I was at one of the other lad's joint last week and just showed it to him, hadn't got around to doing anything with it beyond that. For what it's worth, I did use it for four or so rounds over maybe a month BEFORE it started to look funky - and I did use it for 9 holes to finish a round with it after I noticed something was going on down there. So surely it's not a dodgy glue job. And that's not why I'm moving it on either…just gotta give something up to fund the next "essential" purchase, and I've probably got a few too many drivers...

3oneday
9th September 2014, 10:42 AM
You could pour some bowling water on the ferrule and see if it is just ferrule creep. This will loosen it enough to let it move, and won't harm the glue.

Any normal person shafts you could put in it Jado so i could give it a whack? I have some drivers to shift firstly too, but I am bored with my 907 D2 beating everything I have tried!

FuzzyJuzzy
9th September 2014, 05:44 PM
X2 Hot looks to be sorted now lads, thanks Jado. If anyone is interested in the Cleveland, I'm pushing for a quick sale, so as the song goes, hit me with your best shot... . Thanks.

FuzzyJuzzy
10th September 2014, 10:39 AM
Any interest in the Cleveland at $150 gents?