PDA

View Full Version : Vic: KJ in Melbourne, Mon 13 to Thur 16 October.

KristianJ
7th September 2014, 09:47 PM
I'll be booking flights in the next couple of days, and will probably look to play golf at least once, maybe twice...

Depending on when friends are available for catch ups and potential work visit/s, I'm thinking Tue and Wed (one AM, one PM).

I'll be hiring a car so happy to head down the peninsula. St Andrews Beach looks like a goer for one of the rounds. Happy to play comp or social.

Any of the locals keen or available for a hit?

Mon 13/10 - Yarra Bend, 4pm

1. KJ
2. mint

Wed 15/10 - St Andrews Beach, 9am

1. KJ
2. Coldtopper
3. spanner039
4. kev

spanner039
8th September 2014, 07:05 AM
If work doesn't get in the way, I'm keen.

Coldtopper
8th September 2014, 12:19 PM
If work doesn't get in the way, I'm keen. I can do Wednesdays ! But the only crap course I will play is the home course so SAB here!

KristianJ
8th September 2014, 12:21 PM
I'd forgotten that SAB is on the Vic Champs circuit, but will pencil that in for Wednesday anyway.

Coldtopper
8th September 2014, 01:58 PM
Cool Spanner will be there. As I have been talking about having a game there for ages! Look forward to it KJ

spanner039
8th September 2014, 06:57 PM
I'd forgotten that SAB is on the Vic Champs circuit, but will pencil that in for Wednesday anyway.

It will only make you look forward to playing it again at the Vic champs even more!!!

Nice CT, we are both suffering from rooted wrists as well advantage KJ.

KristianJ
9th September 2014, 09:31 PM
Okay, we'll lock Wed in...time TBA but I'd be happy with any time, really.

I'm looking at a later arvo hit somewhere public on the Tue after I do some sightseeing in Melbourne, MCG tour, etc. (had a squiz at Yarra Bend and it looks like a good option), but still keen on Thur morning. Will visit the friends on the Thur arvo before flying home Thur night.

Probably going to get away with Mon arvo work visit at this stage...

KristianJ
12th September 2014, 06:34 PM
Added Tue @ Yarra Bend...$24 rate after 4pm seems decent enough.

Wools
13th September 2014, 01:36 PM
Could hopefully do early Thurs am at Kingswood (7:30am) for a social round (half price green fees for guests on a Thurs which is a bonus).

Otherwise I could possibly get you on Peninsula in the afternoon for the comp

Wools
13th September 2014, 01:37 PM
I may play both :-)

mint
23rd September 2014, 10:20 AM
Hey mate I should be available for yarra bend for a laugh

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2014, 10:48 AM
I may play both :-)

Good idea. Get that bushranging handicap down a bit. ;)

Wools
23rd September 2014, 12:02 PM
Dropped a bit since we last played lefty. Now 9.5 on the random number generator :-)

LeftyHoges
23rd September 2014, 12:03 PM
Dropped a bit since we last played lefty. Now 9.5 on the random number generator :-)

Good effort mate. Not that I can really remember what you were off. Was it 13 or 14?

I just remember it being too high. :lol:

Wools
23rd September 2014, 06:00 PM
Yeah 14 I think, dropped 6 shots in the last 12 months now am managing to play once a week

KristianJ
3rd October 2014, 04:04 PM
Fellas, would I be best advised to use SAB'S online booking, or can we get a walk up start?

I'm thinking tee off around 9...may even try for 36 and fit in a round at The Dunes in the arvo. Been flicking through my Golf Course Guide to see where else I could get on and save a little bit of coin.

spanner039
3rd October 2014, 07:44 PM
Pretty sure 9ish will be good with ct and me, I'll book it (member there) no fuss.

Looking forward to it !!! First game back since march.

Coldtopper
3rd October 2014, 08:40 PM
As KJ is on fire atm I going to need a few slaps on the range first up! 9am sounds great! Do I drive all the way that I CBFed doing? I will park at Bentleigh if ok. Looking forward to it gentlemen!

Coldtopper
3rd October 2014, 08:42 PM
Fellas, would I be best advised to use SAB'S online booking, or can we get a walk up start?

I'm thinking tee off around 9...may even try for 36 and fit in a round at The Dunes in the arvo. Been flicking through my Golf Course Guide to see where else I could get on and save a little bit of coin. plenty of choices hard to improve on !

spanner039
4th October 2014, 05:06 AM
As KJ is on fire atm I going to need a few slaps on the range first up! 9am sounds great! Do I drive all the way that I CBFed doing? I will park at Bentleigh if ok. Looking forward to it gentlemen!

No worries

KristianJ
6th October 2014, 10:33 AM
mint, are you able to do Mon arvo instead at Yarra Bend? Got a catch up arrangee with friends on Tue arvo because they can't do any other day...

mint
6th October 2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah shouldn't be a problem mate I will PM you my number so shoot me a text

kev
9th October 2014, 02:39 PM
Room for 1 more at SAB on the Wed?

KristianJ
9th October 2014, 02:58 PM
Certainly should be, Kev!

kev
9th October 2014, 03:22 PM
Certainly should be, Kev!

Cool! I'm in!

spanner039
9th October 2014, 08:44 PM
Cool! I'm in!

Excellent stuff Kev!!!!!

KristianJ
9th October 2014, 09:02 PM
Oh, and for anyone else who might like to meet up after business hours, I'll probably have a hit at the range Albert Park or MGA one night.

Coldtopper
10th October 2014, 01:59 PM
Cool! I'm in! Nice Kev, looking forward to the hit!

kev
10th October 2014, 03:12 PM
Excellent stuff Kev!!!!!

Nice Kev, looking forward to the hit!

Cheers guys :-)

First time playing since Vic Champs, so you could be cursing me after a couple of holes...

spanner039
10th October 2014, 03:56 PM
Its OK only played once myself but playing Sunday to get into form.

KristianJ
10th October 2014, 09:06 PM
Spanner, is there a special member's guest rate? Just doing some "budgeting"...ie. how much to restrain myself at GCO. :lol:

And I just checked the forecast for the week for the nth time...went from rain and 16 for most of the time this morning to possible showers and 17 just now.

Lucky I checked, otherwise I'd have been short on jumpers and long pants. :mrgreen:

spanner039
10th October 2014, 09:12 PM
17 That's balmy !! Should be ok weather wise

I'll book it, yes it is cheaper if I do it. I'll look it up and let you know

We're all carting yes?

KristianJ
10th October 2014, 09:18 PM
I'll be coming down off 31* tomorrow (booked in at 8:30 for monthly medal and round 1 of club champs, so will be back inside with feet up watching Bathurst by mid arvo) and 32* Sunday. :lol:

Was happy to walk it, but if the consensus is cart that's fine by me. :)

spanner039
10th October 2014, 09:22 PM
Cart is the best way around there. Not a hard walk ( never done it successfully myself ) one of the very few courses I've played that you still appreciate by carting.

kev
11th October 2014, 04:30 PM
Cart is good!

KristianJ
13th October 2014, 10:57 PM
Well, I left a warmish and storm brewing Sydney and arrived to wind chill, some on and off showers down here in Melbourne.

Nice arvo at Yarra Bend. Course itself was pretty on par with your typical B grade Sydney track...fairway grass was a touch long, but there were a few interesting holes with blind tee shots, and the wind was a big factor.

Didn't end up keeping score, but it felt like 32-33 points for me. A few cracking drives but some haphazard approaches and a lot of putts coming up short. mint had a work alarm to respond to at the 14th, but great to meet one of the locals...hits the ball very well for a left hand low on everything grip...:)

Looking forward to Wed. I will be playing Kingswood on Thur morning with Wools to get at least 1 sandbelt course in.

Peppas
13th October 2014, 11:04 PM
Hey KJ did you hit a victorian post office yet? What are they like?

Coldtopper
13th October 2014, 11:10 PM
Should be fun in the wind and cold.

mint
14th October 2014, 10:03 AM
Was great to play with you mate. sorry about darting off but some junkie was trying to get in to the factory! Would kill for your ball flight mate!

KristianJ
14th October 2014, 08:35 PM
Pep, I was repacking my bags on Sun night and forgot to pack the camera. :( I'll express it on Monday when I get back to work...sorry for the disappointment.

Windy again but sunny day. I had a twilight hit at Albert Park...pretty decent track (both the course and the F1 circuit ;)).

Scrub up of the clubs and all will be readu for SAB tomorrow. :D

Coldtopper
14th October 2014, 08:47 PM
Pep, I was repacking my bags on Sun night and forgot to pack the camera. :( I'll express it on Monday when I get back to work...sorry for the disappointment.

Windy again but sunny day. I had a twilight hit at Albert Park...pretty decent track (both the course and the F1 circuit ;)).

Scrub up of the clubs and all will be readu for SAB tomorrow. :D Im leaving gome at 4.30am to get down there. Hope there is no rain KJ!

mrbluu
14th October 2014, 08:55 PM
Im leaving gome at 4.30am to get down there. Hope there is no rain KJ!

Cool. KJ has you stuff as well.

Peppas
14th October 2014, 09:07 PM

Scrub up of the clubs and all will be readu for SAB tomorrow. :D

No worries mate, actually I'll be in the central coast until Tuesday night so maybe we can work something out when you get back...

Coldtopper
14th October 2014, 09:12 PM
Cool. KJ has you stuff as well. thanks Binh. I may need a chipper in the morning.

mrbluu
14th October 2014, 09:30 PM
thanks Binh. I may need a chipper in the morning. Your be right mate, just make sure your cap and shirt logos match ;)

KristianJ
14th October 2014, 09:39 PM

It's all falling in Sydney according to the BOM radar. Looks like I picked the perfect week to get away from home!!

backintheswing
14th October 2014, 09:43 PM

Leaving that early Mitch, I would make sure you wear a flouro shirt for visibility purposes.

Coldtopper
14th October 2014, 10:26 PM
Leaving that early Mitch, I would make sure you wear a flouro shirt for visibility purposes. Its a 4 hour drive from home! Getting a practice round to ensure you buy me a beer at SAB after our bet in February Ash! Might go radical in the morning and wear a navy polo with no logos!

backintheswing
14th October 2014, 10:30 PM
Its a 4 hour drive from home! Getting a practice round to ensure you buy me a beer at SAB after our bet in February Ash! Might go radical in the morning and wear a navy polo with no logos!

Mate, I am going to do a Jarro here. What bet?

Peppas
14th October 2014, 10:36 PM
thanks Binh. I may need a chipper in the morning.

Thought you bought one of them? 7 wood right, thats pretty much a chipper? :)

KristianJ
14th October 2014, 10:41 PM
Thought you bought one of them? 7 wood right, thats pretty much a chipper? :)

21* belly putter, more like it...;)

Coldtopper
14th October 2014, 10:44 PM
Mate, I am going to do a Jarro here. What bet? Can only make 1 day due to fire season but are we not having a beer on the round?

backintheswing
14th October 2014, 10:45 PM
Can only make 1 day due to fire season but are we not having a beer on the round?

Yeah for sure

Coldtopper
14th October 2014, 10:47 PM
Thought you bought one of them? 7 wood right, thats pretty much a chipper? :) Much better than a chipper !

Wools
15th October 2014, 08:32 PM
Hi KJ, just checking if you are still keen for a hit tomorrow at Kingswood tomorrow?

KristianJ
15th October 2014, 09:57 PM
Fantastic day at St Andrews Beach with a few top notch fellas. It looked ominous as I was heading down the Peninsula Fwy, but the cloud cleared as we went around.

Not too windy, although it did have its occasional effects. That said, I managed to avoid losing a ball somehow...and there were a couple of holes where I found the kack. Pretty solid and satisfying 35 points in the end. :)

Very fair course off the whites. I'd have loved to play a few of the holes off the plates (especially the 13th...monster par 4!!). Wonderful track, and I took a fair few pics as we went around.

One instance of someone in the foursome failing to reach the ladies tee on the 4th (and the member's 2nd only just passed it)

Thanks heaps to spanner for organising, and Coldtopper & Kev for making the trip as well. Plenty of fun, banter and a hellish lie that Kev found himself confronted by in one of the green side bunkers on the 10th.

As for tomorrow, I'll have a laid back morning, check out on time, do the MCG tour then be ready to head back home with some great memories of a refreshing time down here. :)

mrbluu
15th October 2014, 10:21 PM
Fantastic day at St Andrews Beach with a few top notch fellas. It looked ominous as I was heading down the Peninsula Fwy, but the cloud cleared as we went around.Not too windy, although it did have its occasional effects. That said, I managed to avoid losing a ball somehow...and there were a couple of holes where I found the kack. Pretty solid and satisfying 35 points in the end. :)Very fair course off the whites. I'd have loved to play a few of the holes off the plates (especially the 13th...monster par 4!!). Wonderful track, and I took a fair few pics as we went around.One instance of someone in the foursome failing to reach the ladies tee on the 4th (and the member's 2nd only just passed it)Thanks heaps to spanner for organising, and Coldtopper & Kev for making the trip as well. Plenty of fun, banter and a hellish lie that Kev found himself confronted by in one of the green side bunkers on the 10th.As for tomorrow, I'll have a laid back morning, check out on time, do the MCG tour then be ready to head back home with some great memories of a refreshing time down here. :)Did CT wear his fluro outfit?

Coldtopper
16th October 2014, 07:42 AM
Did CT wear his fluro outfit? CT will never do fluro! Checked out partners fashion before leaving the safety of the car. I was prepared to buy someone a shirt if needed.
Enjoyed the day racked up a few myself lucky it was a par 70 so was able to break 80! Kev hit a monster drive down 18 and KJ put on a great display of whacking! Cant believe he hits it so good for a 9 marker. Can someone take him to a great short game teacher as he would be playing off 4 in no time. Looking forward to seeing my coach next week to remove some of my crap shots! See you in Feb

LeftyHoges
16th October 2014, 10:36 AM
CT will never do fluro! Checked out partners fashion before leaving the safety of the car. I was prepared to buy someone a shirt if needed.
Enjoyed the day racked up a few myself lucky it was a par 70 so was able to break 80! Kev hit a monster drive down 18 and KJ put on a great display of whacking! Cant believe he hits it so good for a 9 marker. Can someone take him to a great short game teacher as he would be playing off 4 in no time. Looking forward to seeing my coach next week to remove some of my crap shots! See you in Feb

As in Feb for the VIC Champs?

spanner039
16th October 2014, 11:12 AM

There was talk of coldtopper doing sat only

Cheers for the hit guys nice to meet you KJ and always great to catch up with Kev see you at spring park for pre champs training !!

And I scored a chipper cheers CT !!

mrbluu
16th October 2014, 12:10 PM
CT will never do fluro! Checked out partners fashion before leaving the safety of the car. I was prepared to buy someone a shirt if needed.

I hope so cos he promised me a couple of beers ;-)

kev
16th October 2014, 12:47 PM

One instance of someone in the foursome failing to reach the ladies tee on the 4th (and the member's 2nd only just passed it)

Hmm, I believe that was me... I owe you guys a drink...

Good to catch up with everyone and the company was definitely better than my golf!

Coldtopper
16th October 2014, 07:52 PM
Hmm, I believe that was me... I owe you guys a drink...

Good to catch up with everyone and the company was definitely better than my golf! Company was great for 17 holes then you out drove me with that bomb on 18. Thanks for the hit see in Feb all going well!

Coldtopper
16th October 2014, 07:55 PM
And I scored a chipper cheers CT !! No worries with the length of putts that you and KJ hit I thought a 7 wood may help you guys getting it to the hole! Shhhh I wont tell anyone