PDA

View Full Version : QLD PGA Trainee champs on at Coral Cove GC

Davemason
4th September 2014, 06:57 PM
This week Coral Cove GC is hosting the PGA Trainee championship, I've met trainee Pros from all over SEQ and a few from NSW and even Canberra.
So next time you are your club just have a chat to your PGA trainee and ask how Coral Cove GC was.

benno_r
4th September 2014, 06:59 PM
This week Coral Cove GC is hosting the PGA Trainee championship, I've met trainee Pros from all over SEQ and a few from NSW and even Canberra.
So next time you are your club just have a chat to your PGA trainee and ask how Coral Cove GC was.

The course was looking great on Saturday. Greens are playing so well.

Sorry to say Shane788 took your NTP from 16 though.

Hows the comp running so far?

Davemason
4th September 2014, 07:06 PM
The course was looking great on Saturday. Greens are playing so well.

Sorry to say Shane788 took your NTP from 16 though.

Hows the comp running so far?

No problem on 16 , it was always going to be beaten.

As for the PGA even the Pro-am was a great day with beautiful weather but the wind got up on the Tuesday and Wednesday with some big scores .

Today was much better for them weather was great and tomorrow will be better I think .

yoyo
5th September 2014, 07:39 AM
Never heard of this place, looks great. I notice they have a Par 6, that's pretty cool.

benno_r
5th September 2014, 08:10 AM
Never heard of this place, looks great. I notice they have a Par 6, that's pretty cool.

It's a really good course mate. Some holes are crackers, some are good, but it does have a few weak holes.

Conditioning would be up there with anything I have played in QLD though. Can't remember the last time I played anything in SE Qld that could compare on that front.

Davemason
5th September 2014, 04:39 PM
It's a really good course mate. Some holes are crackers, some are good, but it does have a few weak holes.

Conditioning would be up there with anything I have played in QLD though. Can't remember the last time I played anything in SE Qld that could compare on that front.

Yes but those weak holes become tough when the wind get up.

The winner for the 4 day event won with a total of 6 under with the closes at 2under an amateur from Sunny Coast with the reset from even to +28.

So if you have a trainee at your club just ask them about Coral Cove GC.

MAZA68
7th September 2014, 04:05 PM
Played there a few years back, had a big dump of rain the day before so was a little wet but an interesting layout with some tough holes.