PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia and Vietnam

cazandpaul
1st March 2006, 05:52 PM
As some are aware Caz and I are having the annual golfing trip at the end of the month.

Week one in Malaysia - www.awana.com.my/en/ak

Week two in Vietnam - a golf tour organised by www.waga.com with some buddies from our club staying at the Hanoi Hilton and playing golf at www.chilinhstargolf.com.vn and www.kingsislandgolf.com

Flying Malaysian (sorry red rat).

Will try and get pictures up in due course.

Jarro
1st March 2006, 05:55 PM
i think you and Caz need some kids in your life Pauly-boy :roll:

cazandpaul
1st March 2006, 05:59 PM
And give up the good life?

andylo
1st March 2006, 06:17 PM
Paul you lucky man, find a woman you love that has same point of view.

Christine lately thinking a lot about children.... and I keep reminding her thats yearssss later. :lol: :roll:

Webster
1st March 2006, 06:20 PM
Paul,

Let me know if you're playing golf in Malaysia.
Ross did a few courses up there and we know a few of the greenkeepers that could hook you up.

Are they all built on swamps?

Grunt
1st March 2006, 06:20 PM
Kids don't change much at all other than restricting the wallet a little.
Would never think of giving Tayla back at all. Would proudly say the best 3.5 years of my life watching her grow from a 9 week prem bub to a cheeky little 3 yo.

Webster
1st March 2006, 06:27 PM
No mate..he's the king of the rubber tree plantations up there. In fact I think he's credited with 3 of the top 4 courses in Malaysia. Look I know its no Mornington peninsula but the scores on the board.

Ok, sounds interesting, especially if the bunkering is not overdone..

cazandpaul
1st March 2006, 06:27 PM
The resort (which has its own course) is on the east coast just north of Kuantan but we will be in KL for a few days.

Trung
1st March 2006, 06:30 PM
Caz, I have been thinking of the Chi Linh Star golf club for a while. Please take some pictures of the course for me...

If you have a chance, take to day trip tour to Halong Bay.. It's a great tourist spot (where I came from)... damn I miss that place....

Grunt
1st March 2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah pics pls. Vietnam is one of the places at the top of my holiday list.

markTHEblake
1st March 2006, 06:54 PM
(where I came from)... damn I miss that place....

I thought you came from Sydney ?

Looks great Paul good onya - you know the next best thing to having no kids, is having a mother-in-law in a country where courses are dirt cheap and are as good as anywhere. I'll be spending the best part of the next xmas school holidays in Indonesia. No accomadation costs, no travel costs and $20-40 to play. Beats letting the missus go by herself and living on Tv dinners for 2 months.