PDA

View Full Version : PING i25 irons

GolfTourettes
31st August 2014, 08:04 PM
Thoughts?

Captain Nemo
31st August 2014, 08:21 PM
The heads sitting on my workbench look good!
Just waiting to shaft them up....

GolfTourettes
1st September 2014, 06:01 AM
The heads sitting on my workbench look good!
Just waiting to shaft them up....

What did they set you back? Where'd you get em from?

I'm thinking I should hit up ping fitting at caringbah

3oneday
1st September 2014, 06:48 AM
I20 would be cheaper, and no doubt the same stick with a different badge, same as any iron really.

GolfTourettes
1st September 2014, 07:09 AM
I20 would be cheaper, and no doubt the same stick with a different badge, same as any iron really.

Yeah I've heard that in some one the reviews I've been watching

Veefore
1st September 2014, 08:29 AM
The few people who I have spoken to say that the long iron heads are much closer to a G series head than the i20 was. They say it is much more forgiving.

GolfTourettes
1st September 2014, 08:31 AM
Yeah definitely a progressive set. They're ticking all the boxes atm.

Captain Nemo
1st September 2014, 08:41 AM

Ditto, I just got them because i could, and just wanted to muck around, but the i20's do the job week in week out.....
3balls is your friend.

solarman
1st September 2014, 08:49 AM
I have the I20 but 2 mates of mine have the I25.
Strange but one of them loves them and the other doesn't.
The short guy is one who has standard lie and loft is the one who likes them, the other guy is 6 foot 8 so had mods done and is not keen on them.

Captain Nemo
1st September 2014, 08:52 AM
The short guy is one who has standard lie and loft is the one who likes them, the other guy is 6 foot 8 so had mods done and is not keen on them.

Same shafts....?

3oneday
1st September 2014, 09:09 AM
3balls also recently had i25 irons listed at reasonable prices.

oldracer
1st September 2014, 09:17 AM
The short guy is one who has standard lie and loft is the one who likes them, the other guy is 6 foot 8 so had mods done and is not keen on them.some big dudes in FNQ SMan!!!!!!!!get ya driver head sorted after hitting it too hard??????

Stuartd147
1st September 2014, 09:35 AM
I never owned I20's but play with a mate who has contacts at Ping and always has latest clubs. I hit his a few times with CFS S and did not rate them. When the new range came out I got fitted into I25's at Ping with KBS Tour S, loved the feel but found headwinds/downwinds affected flight a lot so swapped to KBS Tour V's and that is great combination in my view. I still have them. However I bought a used set of S55's with CFS S and prefer these. Flight is nice and high (for me), feel is sensational. I lose about half a club distance wise over I25's (which was the same at Ping lab with all shaft combinations), but the ball just stops nicely when I hit the green.

Distance = I25
Feel = S55
Forgiveness = about the same

Either way Ping have great clubs at the moment.

....my 2c...Stu

GolfTourettes
1st September 2014, 09:40 AM
I never owned I20's but play with a mate who has contacts at Ping and always has latest clubs. I hit his a few times with CFS S and did not rate them. When the new range came out I got fitted into I25's at Ping with KBS Tour S, loved the feel but found headwinds/downwinds affected flight a lot so swapped to KBS Tour V's and that is great combination in my view. I still have them. However I bought a used set of S55's with CFS S and prefer these. Flight is nice and high (for me), feel is sensational. I lose about half a club distance wise over I25's (which was the same at Ping lab with all shaft combinations), but the ball just stops nicely when I hit the green.

Distance = I25
Feel = S55
Forgiveness = about the same

Either way Ping have great clubs at the moment.

....my 2c...Stu

Nice review cheers mate

Captain Nemo
1st September 2014, 09:46 AM
And Stu can play.... ;)

Leftfoot75
1st September 2014, 01:44 PM
I just played my first round over the weekend with my new i25's. Coming from Adams CMB's theses are quite forgiving in the longer irons but still look quite nice at address. The shorter irons at address are similar to the CMB's and are quite forgiving as we'll.

Leftfoot75
1st September 2014, 01:49 PM
I forgot to mention, even though these are cast, the feel of these clubs feel softer than previous cast clubs I've played like the TM 2009 Tour Preferred..or Callaway X16's .... It might be in the sound and feedback from the tuning port insert.

GolfTourettes
1st September 2014, 02:06 PM
Well overall it looks as though The i25's are pretty well recommended across the board. I've been searching high and wide for a long time and it looks as though I may have finally found my next set.

Cheers for all that have taken the time to comment!

Keep the feedback coming!

Jerrymoo
1st September 2014, 04:32 PM
GT,

I've had i20's and i25's.

I've seen a few people claim the i25 is more forgiving, and if they are then there isn't much in it.

Both good irons, IMO.

GolfTourettes
3rd September 2014, 04:24 PM
What do you reckon a set of i25s is gunna set me back? 900?

oldracer
3rd September 2014, 04:46 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ping-i25-irons-5-UW-upgraded-Recoil-95-graphite-shafts-Excellent-Black-dot-/181514851480?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2a4320d498 great set going here real cheap so far with recoil shafts

GolfTourettes
3rd September 2014, 04:47 PM
Wow they're pretty cheap. Looking for stiffer shafts

benno_r
3rd September 2014, 04:48 PM
Even buy it now isnt unreasonable.

oldracer
3rd September 2014, 04:49 PM
that's what I reckon, gooooooood buying

Captain Nemo
3rd September 2014, 05:20 PM
Wow they're pretty cheap. Looking for stiffer shafts

You'd be surprised....

GolfTourettes
3rd September 2014, 05:21 PM
You'd be surprised....

Of what?

oldracer
3rd September 2014, 05:26 PM
the exchange rate is only going south, if the shafts don't suit, pull 'em, sell em for a motza and get a cheap set of steels, simples

Captain Nemo
3rd September 2014, 05:32 PM
Of what?
The stiffness of those shafts.

Leftfoot75
3rd September 2014, 06:03 PM
Brand new will cost between $120-$130 a club with the standard cfs shaft. Factor in the paypal exchange rate, costs for any adjustments by ping, and 2nd hand vs brand new clubs to - helps to make your decision.

(Plus a big win at Friday night poker helped me decide as we'll 8-) )

wstarks
9th September 2014, 02:08 PM
I've hit the i20's a few times as my mates got a set, and the i25's once... Couldn't tell any difference performance and feel wise both very forgiving. Only real difference is the price tag IMO