PDA

View Full Version : Golf Vouchers

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:21 PM
Gents,

At a corporate charity event I attended last year, I became quite intoxicated and as is the norm for me I started bidding on items in the auction. I once bid $9k on some boxing gloves and nearly **** my pants before some banker outbid me, but I never learn!

Anyway, long story short - after 3 too many reds I won an auction at a event last year and don't ask me how much I paid! I've used most of the goodies, but there is a bit left over that I'm willing to sell for around 70% of value or thereabouts.

The Glades
A game for two players including cart
Valid Mon-Fri
Expires 31 July
$70

Royal Pines
As above
Valid 7 days
Expires 14 April
$80

Brookwater
As Above
Valid 7 Days
Expires 14 April
$90

Twin Waters
A game for 4 players including carts
Not available Saturday
Expires May 5
$150

I think thats all that is left from the package, and I'm looking to recoup some of my losses, anyone interested?

I paid 5 figures for the entire deal, but it's all for charity, and yes the wife did *****slap me after I won!

Thommo

AndyP
1st March 2006, 03:25 PM
I'll take Royal Pines please.
Can the Glades voucher be used on public holidays? I'll probably take it anyway though.

BTW did Royal Pines make the GD Top 100?

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:28 PM
I think Pines dropped out of the top 100 in the GD ranking, but can't remember.

the Gladesone doesn't stipulate, but I'm guessing Troon being the wankers they are would say no. Hence the lower price.

Grunt
1st March 2006, 03:29 PM
I heard that The Glades was no longer managed by Troon.

AndyP
1st March 2006, 03:33 PM
If it doesn't stipulate I can always argue that.
That's plenty of time to take a day off anyway.

I haven't played Royal Pines before (I caught a small glimpse of it I went to the tennis). Which 18 of the 27 would you recommend?

I played Glades a couple of years ago with drunken, but can hardly remember the course. Time to revisit.

I'll take both.
I don't have enough weekends to use the others.

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:34 PM
i have no idea if they are, but I'd still guess that if the say Mon-Fri only that it also mans no PH's

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:36 PM
Andy - consider them yours.

I'm still considering keeping the Twin one, it just depends on when my unit at the coast settles. If I do, and you're up at Nambour you can probably join me anyway.

AndyP
1st March 2006, 03:40 PM
If I do, and you're up at Nambour you can probably join me anyway.
Nambour/Twin Waters double header. Hmmmmm.

drunken
1st March 2006, 04:02 PM
I played Gailes a couple of years ago with drunken, but can hardly remember the course. Time to revisit.

You mean the glades don't you?? :???:

That was my first Ozgolf game. Some people suggested I'd never return to Ozgolf after that day :-D

AndyP
1st March 2006, 04:05 PM
Of course. My fingers typed something different to what I was thinking.

I'd forgotten that I'd broken you. I wonder if I can find some scores. Bet they weren't pretty.

drunken
1st March 2006, 04:08 PM
Mine was about a doller ten I think....

AndyP
1st March 2006, 04:13 PM
Found it: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=354

77 bucks, what a rip-off!!!! haha

I'll take my 91 from the day.

macleod
1st March 2006, 04:26 PM
Andy - consider them yours.

I'm still considering keeping the Twin one, it just depends on when my unit at the coast settles. If I do, and you're up at Nambour you can probably join me anyway.

mmm twin waters....count me in for a slice o that one ;)

BrisVegas
2nd March 2006, 09:47 AM
AndyP - if you need a cart-buddy for the Glades game.... you know who to call....

andylo!

nah - just kidding. I'm very keen to play glades, so throw me a frickin bone eh??

AndyP
2nd March 2006, 09:51 AM
Missus has first dibs, but after that I'll assess what other people have to offer......

So were there any recommendations on the 18 for me to play at Royal Pines? Anyone played there recently?

Why aren't you people snapping these other vouchers up? They are great value.

BrisVegas
2nd March 2006, 10:01 AM
Why aren't you people snapping these other vouchers up? They are great value.

Well, you already snapped up the only one i was interested in, ie. Glades.

Personally.... I don't rate Twin Waters at all and am not that excited by Royal Pines. I can't be sure i'd get the chance to play Brookwater by april with the other golf coming up...

Moe Norman
2nd March 2006, 10:23 AM
andyP I have some bad news, at this stage I can't find the Glades voucher and I suspect the wife gave it to the father in law.

If I track it down by next weekend I'll bring it along, if not Royal Pines is still yours.

As far as the best 18 at RP. I haven't played there for 3 years, so don't recall the names. But the one they don't play in the ladies masters is the best 9 imo!

AndyP
2nd March 2006, 10:41 AM
Looks like you'll only get neutral feedback, if not negative feedback now.

Did you end up finding any others in your hunt?

Moe Norman
2nd March 2006, 11:25 AM
I did actually, but I'll be using them ;)

Grand and Sanctuary Cove Palms. already used the Hope Island one last year.

if some of you boys behave I'll bring you along to join me on the ones I'm keeping for say $20?

AndyP
2nd March 2006, 11:28 AM
I did actually, but I'll be using them ;)

Grand and Sanctuary Cove Palms. already used the Hope Island one last year.

if some of you boys behave I'll bring you along to join me on the ones I'm keeping for say $20?
Maybe I was a little hasty in dismissing your chances of getting positive feedback......

I haven't played either.

BrisWesty
3rd March 2006, 07:20 AM
Moe,
I'd be interested in having a hit at Twin Waters with you if that's OK.

Davemason
3rd March 2006, 06:47 PM
I would mind a slice of the Twin Waters one.
So who ever ends up with it think of me when asking for people to play with

Keza_G
6th March 2006, 04:50 PM
Is the Brookwater one still available ?

Cheers

Keza..

PS.. Empty your mail box will ya ....

Moe Norman
6th March 2006, 05:01 PM
Keza,

I've actually given it away for free. I'll check if I can get it back as its worth $90 to me, andI gave it to my cousin and said if he doesn't use it on the weekednd I may ask for it back.

If I can;t get hold of it, I do have a voucher here that will get you on there for $75 each if that helps, you're welcome to take it for free.

Keza_G
6th March 2006, 05:42 PM
Cheers Thommo..

I'd take the freebies any time.... I wouldn't expect you to get the voucher back... but if you could... pm me..

Cheers

Keza

Moe Norman
6th March 2006, 05:51 PM
just got an e-mail back.

he usedit on the weekend.

pm me your address (i've emptied my inbox)

and I'll express post this voucher that gives you a game there for $75 per person up to 4 peope.

Keza_G
6th March 2006, 05:52 PM
PM Sent

AndyP
16th March 2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the Royal Pines voucher, ThomMoe.

I've booked myself and a mate in for a game there next Saturday on the East Course. Looking forward to it.

Davemason
19th March 2006, 09:05 PM
What is happening with the Twin Waters voucher???

Moe Norman
19th March 2006, 11:34 PM
if and when I use it I'll invite a few of you along.

Dave you're a dead cert as I' haven't had the pleasure of a hit with you

Davemason
20th March 2006, 09:33 AM
if and when I use it I'll invite a few of you along.

Dave you're a dead cert as I' haven't had the pleasure of a hit with you

:-D Cheers mate

AndyP
25th March 2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the Royal Pines voucher, ThomMoe.

I've booked myself and a mate in for a game there next Saturday on the East Course. Looking forward to it. Played there today with a mate and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not really many people on the course so the pace was relaxed.

Course isn't that exciting, in fact I would probably have trouble remembering some holes, but it's condition is great. Colour GPS carts are always a bonus too.

BrisVegas
25th March 2006, 07:28 PM
AndyP - how did the new shoes go?

AndyP
25th March 2006, 07:52 PM
AndyP - how did the new shoes go?
Looks like I have just avoided a blister on the back of the right foot. I stubbornly chose not to change them at the halfway mark, so it was a bit of a pain for more than half the round.
The left was comfy.

They still need a test on a full walking round though.

My mate wore my old Dexter Mocs instead of sneakers, and he was pretty impressed.