PDA

View Full Version : SA: Fri Sep 5th 2014 9.23am North Adelaide - South Course

coalesce
29th August 2014, 02:34 PM
Lobsta is visiting Adelaide next week and we're going to have a hit if anyone is interested in tagging along?

1. coalesce
2. Lobsta
3. HatchmanSS76

Edit: Changed from The Vines to North Adelaide South Course for convenience

The cost is $24/person

nadg63
29th August 2014, 03:28 PM
Too early for me I'm afraid - at work until 1.30pm :(

coalesce
29th August 2014, 03:31 PM
Can't do later as he's flying out at 6ish

coalesce
2nd September 2014, 05:05 PM
No love? Surely not everyone has a job?!

Hatchman
2nd September 2014, 06:39 PM
I could squeeze it in being on Afternoons this week but the 90min travel time in non peak hour knocks it on the head for me.

coalesce
2nd September 2014, 07:39 PM
We could move it somewhere else? Lobsta is in town and I can travel...

Chilled
2nd September 2014, 09:11 PM
No love? Surely not everyone has a job?!Yeah I have a job, however every friday I have off, but I'd have to pay The Vines green fees though :p

On fridays I usually just have a practice hit at kooey in prep for the weekend rounds.

coalesce
2nd September 2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah I have a job, however every friday I have off, but I'd have to pay The Vines green fees though :p

On fridays I usually just have a practice hit at kooey in prep for the weekend rounds.

How do you get a job with every Friday off?! Presumably you have to work a weekend day or something?

Need any company at Kooey? ;p

Chilled
2nd September 2014, 09:22 PM
How do you get a job with every Friday off?! Presumably you have to work a weekend day or something?
Just taking some long service leave days on fridays.....and I'm getting used to working four days a week on full pay, loving it in fact :D I have a fairly large bank of LSL accumulated, so happy to expend a few days here and there.

Need any company at Kooey? ;pYou're quite welcome to come along any friday.....will cost you $60 + comp fee though :p

nadg63
2nd September 2014, 09:24 PM
And being employed by the Government it's not like he's working anyway ................................

Chilled
2nd September 2014, 09:30 PM
And being employed by the Government it's not like he's working anyway ................................Getting a bit old these days don't you think mate?

nadg63
2nd September 2014, 09:47 PM
Getting a bit old these days don't you think mate?

Never :)

coalesce
2nd September 2014, 10:04 PM
Just taking some long service leave days on fridays.....and I'm getting used to working four days a week on full pay, loving it in fact :D I have a fairly large bank of LSL accumulated, so happy to expend a few days here and there.

I did that when I was in the UK and I had holiday to use up. Every Mon and Fri off in December. I miss those days!

You're quite welcome to come along any friday.....will cost you $60 + comp fee though :p

I will check with Lobsta as to what he wants to do. Thanks

3Puttpete
2nd September 2014, 10:12 PM

One LSL day at a time? Half your luck. We've gotta take a minimum of 7

Chilled
2nd September 2014, 10:13 PM
I will check with Lobsta as to what he wants to do. ThanksUnfortunately this is probably one of the few Fridays you can't....normally it's fine but Drakes supermarket golf day have booked it solid from 8:15am this friday and no free slots before that : (

I do have 2 for 1 voucher for ozzy and willunga though, if there is any interest there.

Chilled
2nd September 2014, 10:15 PM
One LSL day at a time? Half your luck. We've gotta take a minimum of 7Yeah I think they changed the rules a few years back, under changes to the "flexible working arrangements" policy, to allow us to take single LSL days.....so I just do patterned LSL (one day per week) for the next six months then re-evaluate after that :) It's a an excellent change.

coalesce
2nd September 2014, 10:15 PM
Why doesn't my local Coles have a golf day I can invite myself to?!

Unless it makes a difference to anyone else coming, I think we'll stick to the vines thanks. As I said before, happy to move it further north if that works for anyone

Hatchman
3rd September 2014, 04:02 AM
Would North Adelaide South be an option?
Any tee time before 10am gives me enough time to play and get to work.

coalesce
3rd September 2014, 07:50 AM
Fine by me. I'll give them a call today

coalesce
3rd September 2014, 11:02 AM
Ok, I've booked at 9.23am on North Adelaide south course. I booked and paid online, so its $24/each.

We've 1 spot open, so if anyone else wants to join us it is not too late...

Hatchman
3rd September 2014, 12:47 PM
Cheers see you and lobster there.

coalesce
3rd September 2014, 12:52 PM
Looking forward to it :)

nadg63
5th September 2014, 06:32 PM
You guys got a good day weather wise, how did it go!?

highballin
5th September 2014, 08:07 PM
You guys got a good day weather wise, how did it go!?

Their still at pub

coalesce
5th September 2014, 08:18 PM
Went well thanks! I'm liking this new handicap :)

I had 37 points, Lobsta 36 and Hatch, well let's just say he was a distant third. I'm not sure he and his driver are on speaking terms at the moment!

The course was a bit soggier than I thought it would be. Didn't think this weeks rain was that hard. The greens were also a bit dodgy at times. I remember Hatch had a few that jumped (and he putted one out of a divot he didn't notice!)

highballin
5th September 2014, 08:23 PM

I had 37 points, Lobsta 36 and Hatch, well let's just say he was a distant third. I'm not sure he and his driver are on speaking terms at the moment!

The course was a bit soggier than I thought it would be. Didn't think this weeks rain was that hard. The greens were also a bit dodgy at times. I remember Hatch had a few that jumped (and he putted one out of a divot he didn't notice!)

How did the new putter go ?

Hatchman
5th September 2014, 08:25 PM
2 out of 3 played well and had good scores.
1 butchered it in superb style with block cuts, fats, flubbed chips, blades, multiple 3 stabs and a majestic hosel rocket. I heard they couldn't manage a point a hole average :smt087

Hatchman
5th September 2014, 08:27 PM

I'm still on speaking terms with all of the clubs in the bag not just the driver. Only those words spoken are not very nice and too blue for this site :) .

highballin
5th September 2014, 08:32 PM
2 out of 3 played well and had good scores.
1 butchered it in superb style with block cuts, fats, flubbed chips, blades, multiple 3 stabs and a majestic hosel rocket. I heard they couldn't manage a point a hole average :smt087

Geez sounds like my report card from the last couple of weeks.

coalesce
5th September 2014, 09:07 PM
How did the new putter go ?

Yeah good thanks. The honeymoon period continues. My distance control is much much better with it