PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Mizuno JPX-825s (right handed)

Stuart
28th August 2014, 10:44 AM
I have a set of very good condition (basically new) Mizuno JPX-825s: 4iron to Gap Wedge. I will also include a MP-H4 3 iron that I got to complete the set (so 9 irons in total).

There is a small stone mark on the sole of the 8 iron (first swing with it too) - I'll put up some pictures with my crappy iPhone camera. Some of the clubs have literally not hit a ball.

The specs of the 825s are as follows:

0.5" longer
1 degree upright

Dynamic Gold Super Light S300 soft stepped once
GolfPride Multi-compound grips midsize

Please note that the 3-iron is standard loft/lie/length and is therefore approximately the same length as the 4-iron. It has a DG S300 shaft and M31 grip.

I only used these twice before deciding that they weren't for me. I did trial them initially against the 825-Pros and the EZ forged, and actually liked the feel of these plain 825s just as much. However, I tend to hit the ball quite high, and these didn't work for me as I launched them to the moon and this was a total fail at my windy course. If you have a low or medium ball flight, they would be great.

I actually don't know what a fair price for them is. I paid over $800 for these just a few months back from Fergo (luckily before he went belly-up), and then another $150 for the 3-iron. Sets in similar condition but without the 3-iron or gap wedge go on ebay for around $500, while they still retail new for $800 ish as a buy-it-now price on ebay. I would prefer to pass them onto someone in the Ozgolf family than a stranger on Ebay.

How does $400 (plus postage) sound?

Stuart
28th August 2014, 10:54 AM

Icestorm959
28th August 2014, 11:43 AM
It might be worthwhile to try a different shaft, the dynamic gold superlite may be what is causing the ballooning.

aym
28th August 2014, 11:57 AM
can swap you a set of MP53s 3-pw with the same shaft if you want to try, players cavity will definitely lower the ball flight.

mrbluu
28th August 2014, 12:18 PM
One of the other boys might be able to tell u but I think your problem hitting it sky high is the shaft. Maybe u should just reshaft it with something lower launching.

3oneday
28th August 2014, 12:19 PM
Superlight is quite a stiff shaft, has to be because of the design.

It won't be the shaft that is causing ballooning, the clubs would be designed that way given the focus on forgiveness in them.

Stuart
28th August 2014, 01:22 PM
can swap you a set of MP53s 3-pw with the same shaft if you want to try, players cavity will definitely lower the ball flight.

Am interested in this - what sort of condition are they in?

Also, thanks to everyone for the thoughts re the shafts. I have used the DG-SL before, and am pretty sure they aren't the problem. I was looking at getting something more forgiving (which the heads certainly are) as I'm not playing much at the moment, but the heel-toe forgiveness seems to be combined with a propensity towards high launch. Which does make sense really when I think about it, but it doesn't suit my already high ball flight.