PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Bio plus

rowey
27th August 2014, 11:14 AM
Just matched up a Bio plus with my AD BB6s shaft....what a weapon

This is the longest driver I have ever hit..

Has anyone else found these are crazy long

talbo
27th August 2014, 11:26 AM
Pretty sure anything with a BB in it is going to be a weapon.

gazgolf1
27th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Longest I've hit too, just could'nt find the centre of the face consistently enough. I have heard the same from others as well.

goonie
28th August 2014, 04:17 PM
Longest I've hit too, just could'nt find the centre of the face consistently enough. I have heard the same from others as well.

Sounds like a club setup issue? Too long, wrong weight/balance.....

gazgolf1
28th August 2014, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a club setup issue? Too long, wrong weight/balance.....

Yeah maybe too long, not swinging great at the moment either. Although when I compared the plus against my SLDR I was hitting the SLDR out of the middle straight away. Perci had the same experience, not sure about PeteyD.

JADO75
28th August 2014, 05:51 PM
Going to give mine a belting with a Matrix White Tie in comp on Saturday, looking forward to seeing how the shaft pairs up with the head

PeteyD
28th August 2014, 06:17 PM
Same for me. Long but always towards the toe.

3Puttpete
28th August 2014, 06:52 PM
Same for me. Long but always towards the toe.

Try jocks instead of boxers

gazgolf1
28th August 2014, 06:56 PM
Try jocks instead of boxers

Cant wear boxers, that seam..........:mad:

PeteyD
28th August 2014, 09:55 PM
Pants are optional

Hatchman
10th October 2015, 10:55 PM
Second full game with the BiO Cell+ Red Tie combo today.
This Driver has surprised me. Forgiving and long. Hit some really big bombs with it. Needed to loft up it up to 10.5 to achieve the same lunch I like as my SLDR at 9.0.

Hatchman
9th January 2016, 03:51 PM
I still can't get over how good this driver has been with the stock Red Tie stiff for me.
The fairway and effective drives count has been up on average. It's sneaky consistent long and so forgiving. All that said I've failed miserably to convert this improvement off the tee into good/better scores which is frustrating and sad.
How many games is the honeymoon period?

I know few have mentioned the Fly Z range has been even better.

Toying with the idea of getting a BiO Cell 3wood to try but not sure if I should go the BiO Cell or BiO Cell+?
Anyone hit both to describe how much lower the + launches?

benno_r
9th January 2016, 04:24 PM
I still can't get over how good this driver has been with the stock Red Tie stiff for me.
The fairway and effective drives count has been up on average. It's sneaky consistent long and so forgiving. All that said I've failed miserably to convert this improvement off the tee into good/better scores which is frustrating and sad.
How many games is the honeymoon period?

I know few have mentioned the Fly Z range has been even better.

Toying with the idea of getting a BiO Cell 3wood to try but not sure if I should go the BiO Cell or BiO Cell+?
Anyone hit both to describe how much lower the + launches?

It's not massively lower. The main difference for me is the size. The BC+ fairway is like an oversized hybrid. I have the std BC, play it at 17deg, and it is seriously long!

Hatchman
9th January 2016, 06:47 PM
Is/was the + still easy to hit off the deck?

A all good, I'll find out soon enough. Buying Bluus 3-4+

Hatchman
20th February 2016, 03:39 PM
BiO Cell + driver is still going great.
3wood hasn't seen much use with not being required iduring the last 2 rounds.

Played with one of my fellow pennant team mates the last 3 weeks. He's been struggling with his 915 D2 spraying it all over the place. He had 1/2 doz hits with my driver and was absolutely slotting it. Comment after the 6 balls was WOW, how much can you pick one of these up for now? Fair chance he's on the hunt for one now ��.

Lagerlover
20th February 2016, 03:42 PM
$200 will get you one hatch

Lagerlover
20th February 2016, 03:54 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alkimos/golf/cobra-bio-cell-driver/1101606117

Hatchman
15th June 2016, 01:14 PM
BiO Cell+ stock Red Tie Stiff Driver has won the duel up against the G30 LS stock Tour Stiff / ADBB 6s.
Better dispersion, more consistent length and the hot one is way longer.

mrbluu
15th June 2016, 01:20 PM
BiO Cell+ stock Red Tie Stiff Driver has won the duel up against the G30 LS stock Tour Stiff / ADBB 6s.
Better dispersion, more consistent length and the hot one is way longer.
How do u find the BB6 vs the RedTie???

Coopers Country
15th June 2016, 01:41 PM
Sports Direct have them for less than $200 new http://au.sportsdirect.com/cobra-biocell-plus-driver-879020?colcode=87902003

Hatchman
15th June 2016, 02:01 PM
Sports Direct have them for less than $200 new http://au.sportsdirect.com/cobra-biocell-plus-driver-879020?colcode=87902003

Great buy. You should get one. Make sure its the +.

How do u find the BB6 vs the RedTie???

Wont know unless I put a Cobra tip on the BB. I have a tip on a Reg shaft I can pull so I am considering it.
It will be holly snappin duck sh!t batman if it can edge out the Red Tie.

Coopers Country
15th June 2016, 02:10 PM
Been seriously thinking about it since seeing yours in action Hatch , for that money cant really go wrong

mrbluu
15th June 2016, 02:20 PM
Great buy. You should get one. Make sure its the +.

Wont know unless I put a Cobra tip on the BB. I have a tip on a Reg shaft I can pull so I am considering it.
It will be holly snappin duck sh!t batman if it can edge out the Red Tie.
From my experience with the BB6 and RedTie, u probably won't get too much difference in performance. The BB6 might be slightly smoother feel, but ball flight and everything else would be almost the same.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wenz
15th June 2016, 04:42 PM
From my experience, these really low spin heads need something that will add a little spin for us mortals swinging it <110mph

I've moved on to an M2 coming from Bio Cell Pro, won't be looking back.