PDA

View Full Version : Golf gps/ range finder do you use?

hoffygolfsalot
26th August 2014, 10:18 PM
Thinking about picking up a range finder, markers arnt as reliable as I hoped when playing all over the place.
Interested in if many of you use one and any suggestions on one to buy?

benno_r
26th August 2014, 10:27 PM
Bushnell V3 through GolfBox is agreat rangy at a great price.

Daves
26th August 2014, 10:29 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/32570-GPS-amp-Rangefinder-Eliminations-Recommendations?highlight=rangefinder

hoffygolfsalot
26th August 2014, 10:58 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/32570-GPS-amp-Rangefinder-Eliminations-Recommendations?highlight=rangefinder Bang cheers Daves some reading ahead!

davepuppies
27th August 2014, 08:31 AM
Bushnell V3

pt73
27th August 2014, 08:52 AM
I have both a GPS (Golfbuddy World Platinum) and a Bushnell V2. The GPS is great for courses I haven't played but I use the Rangefinder more at my home course as we have reflectors on every flagstick so it's easy to get the distance with the Rangefinder.

mrbluu
27th August 2014, 03:19 PM
I have both a GPS (Golfbuddy World Platinum) and a Bushnell V2. The GPS is great for courses I haven't played but I use the Rangefinder more at my home course as we have reflectors on every flagstick so it's easy to get the distance with the Rangefinder.

PT you will find it it's easier to hit the flags with a V3 compared with the V2.

Oldplayer
27th August 2014, 05:28 PM
Depends on what you want to spend. Bushnell are well regarded but you don't need to pay that much IMO.
I had the original V2 which worked ok although battery life was not that great. After about 18 months of use I started having trouble with distances over 150-160 metres. I searched for some answers and found out this is quite common. Apparently the alignment of the sender can get out of whack and they showed how to correct it but it involved pulling it apart and fiddling which I didn't fancy.
I instead bought a cheapy online for $169, it was a Pinseeker, similar to the Condor which is about the same price. A few of my mates have the Condor, 7x magnification etc. and they love them. Mine has worked trouble free for over a year and the battery life is excellent. It shoots up to 200 metres easily and is accurate to about 2-3 metres I reckon.
I don't believe you need to pay the big bucks to get a unit that works efficiently. I use mine in conjunction with a sureshot mini gps ($149) and this combo works very well.

mrbluu
28th August 2014, 07:29 AM
Hoffy I got the v3 which I would use one every hole and thishttps://www.golfbox.com.au/mobile/SureShot-Micro-300X-GPS_p_215493.html which is use about 2-3 times a round.

hoffygolfsalot
28th August 2014, 10:35 PM
Hoffy I got the v3 which I would use one every hole and thishttps://www.golfbox.com.au/mobile/SureShot-Micro-300X-GPS_p_215493.html which is use about 2-3 times a round.

The V3 compared to the V2? does it make that much of a difference, just looking for something to give me yardages.

mrbluu
28th August 2014, 11:52 PM
The V3 compared to the V2? does it make that much of a difference, just looking for something to give me yardages.

Hard to put a number on it but the V3 is definitely worth the extra money over the V2. I would say that it's idiot proof....

Oldplayer
29th August 2014, 07:49 AM
Hard to put a number on it but the V3 is definitely worth the extra money over the V2. I would say that it's idiot proof....
Must be why I had trouble with the V2.

mrbluu
29th August 2014, 08:54 AM
Must be why I had trouble with the V2.

Under certain conditions I had a little trouble with the V2 as well, but with the V3 I've had no such trouble. A couple of older guys at my club used mine and all asked me to get them on as it was so easy to use.

Grunt
30th January 2015, 05:59 PM
Anyone got any intell on the GolfBuddy VS4. Penrith Golf Factory have them for $29 are they that bad or cost a fortune to get Aussie courses on?

Grunt
30th January 2015, 06:12 PM
Forget that poor read of add, the watch band for the VS4 is $29, the unit is $179

Icestorm959
30th January 2015, 06:16 PM
Another +1 for the Bushnell V3. I like the Jolt feature that it has too.

Wenz
30th January 2015, 06:41 PM
Bushnell Z6 with Jolt

Daves
30th January 2015, 06:44 PM
I have a Neo, a couple of XGs and an XGC plus. There is also a Callaway U Pro sitting on my desktop as a paper weight! Rangie is a Leupold GX 3.

topping
30th January 2015, 07:01 PM
I got the latest golf buddy for Xmas. Works brilliantly and does all I need it to. Have volume turned down!.

dazza99
30th January 2015, 07:13 PM
I use a Garmin G3 GPS. Can be had new for under $150 nowadays.

Small, easy to use and accurate whenever I've checked against others GPS or rangefinders.

Might pick myself up a rangefinder some time as well. Looking for a cheapie to use down the range more than anything. If anyone's got an old one you want to shift for peanuts, let me know ;)

FuzzyJuzzy
30th January 2015, 07:35 PM
I had a Bushnell Hybrid laser/GPS - best piece of golf gadgetry I've ever owned. Pity some wankstick had to go and steal it!
Just using a Bushnell Neo GPS unit now, but may pick up a V3 sometime. Quite like the Bushnell products...