PDA

View Full Version : Vic Matchplay warmup game

chappy1970
1st March 2006, 10:28 AM
FG, her hubby, Bruce and myself ready to go for a get to know and warmup game on Sunday 26th March at Southern.

Hoping to learn exactly how afraid I need to be for FG's game in the 1st round of Vic Matchplay for 06.

Bruce
1st March 2006, 01:14 PM
You could potentially play your match vs FG this day and leave Toolish and I to duke it out later.

Are either of you prepared to throw down the gauntlet.

chappy1970
1st March 2006, 02:55 PM
Happy to play the match with FG's agreement. Although the fact that she has never seen the course may be a problem.

Chappy

You could potentially play your match vs FG this day and leave Toolish and I to duke it out later.

Are either of you prepared to throw down the gauntlet.

Webster
1st March 2006, 05:29 PM
Bruce, after seeing you flush it around Commonwealth yesterday, you are easily the biggest bandit on this site. You should be off about 12.

Bruce
1st March 2006, 05:41 PM
I'm working on it mate. I just don't get to play enough comp rounds between October and March. And Mirboo is a ***** in the rain.

I was pretty chuffed with my front nine yesterday. I leaked a bit of oil after the turn though.

Toolish
1st March 2006, 10:44 PM
Bruce, after seeing you flush it around Commonwealth yesterday, you are easily the biggest bandit on this site. You should be off about 12.

That sounds positive for the matchplay...may have to hang for a bit to let bruce's handicap catch up!

Webster
1st March 2006, 10:49 PM
Toolish - wait as long as you can - Bruce is an absolute thief off 24!

Flowergirl
2nd March 2006, 12:05 PM
Happy to play the match with FG's agreement. Although the fact that she has never seen the course may be a problem.

Chappy

Challenge accepted. I can play just as bad on a course I either know or don't know:-s
Looking forward to it Chappy. Hope you don't mind too much playing with us high handicappers. :)

chappy1970
2nd March 2006, 01:16 PM
Happy to play with any handicaper if it means that I get to have a hit.

If you are OK with playing the match on the 26th then its a goer.

Let the fun begin

Challenge accepted. I can play just as bad on a course I either know or don't know:-s
Looking forward to it Chappy. Hope you don't mind too much playing with us high handicappers. :)

Bruce
6th March 2006, 01:41 PM
I'm a definite starter for 26th now.

We lost the semi.

Flowergirl
6th March 2006, 03:11 PM
Bad luck Bruce........but I'm glad :)

Flowergirl
15th March 2006, 07:05 AM
Hiya Chappy:-D
Do we have a tee time as yet?

chappy1970
15th March 2006, 08:47 AM
Not yet FG, will have to wait for next Monday morning as the Timesheets are only 1 week in advance.

Chappy

chappy1970
20th March 2006, 09:41 AM
Please note tee time for game at Southern on 26th of March. 12.17 1st tee. CU out the front of the Pro shop
Cheers
Chappy

Bruce
20th March 2006, 10:43 AM
Can't wait guys.

Flowergirl
20th March 2006, 12:57 PM
All sounds good to me. :-D

AndyP
20th March 2006, 01:01 PM
All sounds good to me. :-D
Where's the sledge?

chappy1970
20th March 2006, 02:57 PM
Go straight at the green, don't worry about all that WATER............ha ha ha

Flowergirl
20th March 2006, 03:30 PM
I"ll say what I need to say with my driver ( no don't say that - you're not driving well at the moment - that shocking hook) Ok...I'll say it with my irons ( what about all those fat shots :( ) ummm... I'll let my putting do the talking ( how many three putts did you say you've had ) -----hey ------I've got nuthing :)

chappy1970
20th March 2006, 03:36 PM
I"ll say what I need to say with my driver ( no don't say that - you're not driving well at the moment - that shocking hook) Ok...I'll say it with my irons ( what about all those fat shots :( ) ummm... I'll let my putting do the talking ( how many three putts did you say you've had ) -----hey ------I've got nuthing :)

FG, I don't believe that for a second. Only thing I can encourage you to do is get there early for a putt. Greens can be the fastest in Melbourne and can take some getting used to.

Chappy

Flowergirl
20th March 2006, 04:44 PM
Fast greens...good!!! My home track has fast greens and I usually pull up short when I play elsewhere.
Gunna be fun ain't it!!!

chappy1970
20th March 2006, 04:50 PM
Hope so, take it easy on me though.
I'm an Ozgolf virgin, don't want my confidence completely shattered just yet.

Flowergirl
24th March 2006, 10:28 PM
Just thought I'd check out the course layout on Sothern's website. Cripes...........there are a lot of bunkers on that course!!!! All the Pro's tips for each hole say.....watch hard - difficult tee shot here, narrow fairway, careful of your approach here, watch out for the fairway/greenside bunkers and wow - this green is tricky - oh! and did I mention the water!!!! Mmmmmmm---- maybe this needs to be re scheduled to my home track!!!:shock: :smt002

Flowergirl
26th March 2006, 10:59 PM
See report in seperate thread - Chappy v Flowergirl.

Bruce
27th March 2006, 10:29 AM
Not mentioned in the Matchplay thread:

chappy1970 - nett 82
Flowergirl - nett 77
Bruce - net 72

I loved the fast and true green at Southern yesterday. I've never had more 1 putts in my life.