PDA

View Full Version : MP 53s with dynalite xp s300

dowdsy
18th August 2014, 09:15 AM
Has anyone else got this combo and do you struggle with high ball flight? These are such nice clubs to hit and way more accurate than my R7s but I have lost length and keep coming up short everywhere. Is it worth changing to a shaft with a mid to low ball flight and maybe a little lighter? Don't want to go back to the taylormades they just look awful compared to the mizunos but getting frustrated.

mrbluu
18th August 2014, 09:25 AM
What shafts do you have in your R7's and has your swing changed??

Coldtopper
18th August 2014, 09:29 AM
Mizuno off the rack are crap. Get them rebuilt by a decent club maker with heavier weights. Find a lower lauch shaft and presto!! Mizuno rebuilds are mint! A few here can help with pointing you in the right direction.

Captain Nemo
18th August 2014, 09:42 AM
I had 53's with KBS Tour V's in them and found the same problem.
Such a lovely looking head and soooo wanted to keep them but i couldnt hit them consistently to warrant keeping them.
Move them and play your GI clubs (R7's, which may have stronger lofts as well)?
Or do what CT said, get them rebuilt with the shafts that suit you better.
(disclaimer, im a chopper so take advice with a grain of salt :) )

pauly
18th August 2014, 09:48 AM
aren't mizzys soft lofted?

dowdsy
18th August 2014, 10:00 AM
The R7s are just the factory grahite superfast shafts, I picked the mizunos up second hand of another member for good bucks and have played ok with them but they feel too heavy I am single digit and seem to like a light shaft, my swing has improved I think since moving to these so maybe I might go back to the TM and see what happens. The mizunos are lofted soft compared to the TM but it should not make two clubs difference in length.

Icestorm959
18th August 2014, 11:10 AM
I have the exact same issue in my set of mp59s. SHaft is too heavy so you lose quite a bit of distance.

Steve
18th August 2014, 11:24 AM
Swap shafts in one or two irons.

billp
18th August 2014, 02:02 PM
I have just put some KBS Tour 90's in my R7TP irons. Much better ball flight and penetration for me.

My swing speed isn't the greatest, 78 - 80 for the 6 iron, equalling about 145m of carry. I was only getting 135-140m of carry with my old S300's, due to the lower ball flight.

The new shafts feel soo much smoother during the entire swing now, and I don't feel like I am trying as hard, but I am hitting it further in the air.

All up I spent around $300 reshafting them myself, which was an eye opening experience :).

dowdsy
18th August 2014, 02:59 PM
I would like to have a go at re shafting my Mizunos myself but not sure where to buy everything from, Can you tell me where you got all you needed to re shaft?

virge666
18th August 2014, 05:56 PM
What else do you expect wth Dynalite Xp .

they are a very high launching shaft.

Get some Project X 5.5 and try those.