PDA

View Full Version : Cool Clubs - Sanctuary Cove

Steve57
15th August 2014, 11:17 AM
Has anyone been to Cool Clubs for any of their fitting sessions?
If so I am interested in hearing of your experience.
Thinking of doing a driver fitting on Tuesday next week.
Cheers
Steve

markTHEblake
15th August 2014, 12:55 PM
Know a few people who have. I think there is another thread here discussing them.

They are expensive but there are not many good clubmakers around here.

I think they have figured out that the traditional clubmaker who normally dabbled in not well known component brands just were not successful. Seems that golfers would rather pay higher prices for premium brands and they are meeting that demand. Smart move.

Steve57
15th August 2014, 01:01 PM
Know a few people who have. I think there is another thread here discussing them.

They are expensive but there are not many good clubmakers around here.

I think they have figured out that the traditional clubmaker who normally dabbled in not well known component brands just were not successful. Seems that golfers would rather pay higher prices for premium brands and they are meeting that demand. Smart move.

I looked for another thread but couldn't find anything.

Shane788
15th August 2014, 07:19 PM
2 of my regular playing partners are mates with them and always talk highly of them, but there prices are ridiculous. Both of them had driver fittings and ordered the driver they got fit for and neither of them had change from $1200 and they were nothing that flash.

oldracer
15th August 2014, 09:52 PM
I believe I started the other thread, I started playing back again about this time last year and decided to get some lessons and get fitted properly for clubs. I first got CC to build me a ping i5 2 iron with Steelfibre shaft as a driving iron, I had the club and got them to build the new club with them supplying the shaft which was also pured. It wasn't cheap but is a fantastic club, very happy. That led me to get the iron and driver fitting done in the one day, it's a big day. I had already bought my Miura CB501's which had X100 shafts and as CC can provide a multitude of shaft combo's to test with Miuras and many other manufacturers, they were the obvious choice for me. Should I have been needing both the club and shaft, CC is the ultimate fitter with thousands of combo's to choose from. My club fitter Jack is very knowledgeable and very patient and provided me enough time to settle down and get some decent swing figures down to work on, same with the driver fit in the afternoon. I say "my" clubfitter because he has been a sensational source of info at all stages of our dealings. He even rebuilt an old set of blades to my swingweight, loft and lie specs for a pittance, just sensational service. Given my age and playing level I was surprised at the recommendations. These specs and prices were in my inbox when I got home to central Victoria that evening. No pressure to purchase whatsoever. They provided the shafts, built them to my swingweight, loft lie and length. I love my clubs and for me they work a treat and are getting better by the day. The service is not cheap but I have said it before, I now know without a doubt that my sticks suit me and I have the confidence to play knowing I have the best opportunity to perform at my optimum level. Their service includes both indoor and outdoor driving ranges. My driver fitting showed that my driver head is good for me but the numbers showed a couple of different shafts would suit me better. I haven't purchased the shaft as yet but will do in the future. It has been 12 months since I did my fitting and I will go back again in a few months and do it again just to make sure my specs haven't altered too much. Does it sound like I'm impessed with them, I hope so, they are great to have as a golfing partner, cheers racer

golfbound
28th October 2014, 09:41 AM
50% discount at cool clubs its well worth doing.

Hi all,

A few members of Queensland Amputee Golf Association were invited to visit the Cool Clubs Studio and Sanctuary Cove this week for some club fittings, this experience was amazing and is recommended for anyone looking at improving there game.

Cool Clubs Australa are offering a 50% discount on all club fitting sessions to all QAGA members as some of you here are, all you have to do is let them know you are a QAGA member at time of booking.

Please visit there site here for contact details http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/

and also please like there Facebook page here www.facebook.com/CoolClubsOz (http://www.facebook.com/CoolClubsOz)

Please find below sone information on Cool Clubs and there services.

If you are not already a member of QAGA you can join here

Join Q.A.G.A Today .
You can easily apply for membership today
email Graham Cox for details
treasurer@qaga.org.au

Who is Cool Clubs?

Cool Clubs are the largest independent club fitting organisation in the world. We are not affiliated with any club manufacturer which means we fit our clients with the equipment that performs best for them.
All the equipment we fit is tested in-house using Cool Clubs developed software and testing equipment. Because we do not rely on each manufacturers internal testing we know exactly how each club component performs against all other manufacturers. The results of this testing determine what we use for our performance fittings.
We have fitting studios in Australia, USA and Japan. In Australia we are based at Sanctuary Cove on The Palms course.

What do we do?

Cool Clubs does three things very well. We fit clubs, build clubs and repair clubs to a tour standard without compromise.
Cool Clubs clients come from all walks of life, all ages, all swing characteristics and all handicaps but have one thing in common. They love golf and they want the best fitted and built equipment available anywhere. This gives our Cool Clubs clients the best experience on the course and allows them to “Play Better Golf”.

How do we do it?

A Cool Clubs fitting is different to any club fitting you have ever had. Our fittings are based on four components:
1. Equipment – Over 10,000 club and head combinations independently assessed by Cool Clubs to deliver the best performance from your clubs.

2. Software – In-house developed software that guarantees the right club is put in your hand for your swing.

3. Trackman™ – Gives us all the characteristics of your swing. All our club fittings have an outdoor range based component to ensure we have the real numbers that represent your swing.

4. Experience – Cool Clubs virtually invented the analytical approach to club fitting over 20 years ago. Our fitters are all world class and do nothing but fit clubs.
No other fitting can give you the results we give because of our objective, evidence based approach to fitting clubs in combination with our experience and dedication to what we do.
This approach extends to a Cool Clubs putter fitting. We have developed an 8 camera putter fitting studio in combination with analysis software that allows us to analyse your putting stroke like no other.

Our clubs are built differently

Cool Clubs builds all clubs in-house in a state-of-the-art facility. This allows us to provide clubs built with the care and quality to realise the benefits predicted by our fittings.
From small details like ensuring all our measuring equipment around the world is calibrated the same every morning. This means when we talk about a loft, lie or shaft characteristics with Scottsdale or Tokyo we know it will be reproduced on their equipment. Or building our clubs in a clean dust-free environment with the highest quality standards in the industry.

To large details like building our own state-of-the-art shaft analysis machine S3 which allows all new shafts to be automatically checked and analysed for conformance to specs through 180,000 measurements per shaft. Only those that pass make it into our builds.

Because of these exacting methodologies no other company can build as consistently or accurately, and provide their clients with the long term support Cool Clubs does.

The care we take building clubs is also applied to our repairs to guarantee your clubs are returned to health and provide a long life.

Conclusion

If you are looking to “Play Better Golf” then come to Cool Clubs for a fitting and try it yourself.

billp
28th October 2014, 10:01 AM
Both Zane and Jack are great guys, and the amount of options they have are mind boggling. Really glad I had a driver and iron fitting with them in the last 12 months. Even though I didn't buy anything from them it gave me the information I needed to know what suited my swing.

I now feel I have the perfect set up for my game, it's just a pity I don't have enough time to play once every couple of weeks to build the consistancy up needed to make single figures.

jimandr
28th October 2014, 11:42 AM
Ben

You could've told us about that deal before we went there last weekend! Thanks for making it available to us.

Although, to be fair, I doubt if any of our group would need their services. Through Ozgolf we all know so much about clubs and what suits us that we wouldn't listen to their advice anyway.

Maybe one of the locals can take up the offer and report back.

PeteyD
28th October 2014, 11:51 AM
How much is a fitting normally?

Icestorm959
28th October 2014, 12:02 PM
Fitting studio opening in Sydney first half next year with an outdoor hitting area - should be pretty good!

Daves
28th October 2014, 12:05 PM

http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/#!services/ca4p

golfbound
28th October 2014, 12:39 PM
Ben

You could've told us about that deal before we went there last weekend! Thanks for making it available to us.

Although, to be fair, I doubt if any of our group would need their services. Through Ozgolf we all know so much about clubs and what suits us that we wouldn't listen to their advice anyway.

Maybe one of the locals can take up the offer and report back.

Sorry Jim, I just got the go ahead yesterday and you would be surprised what you could learn not to mention all the different shaft and head combinations you can try.

Daves
28th October 2014, 12:43 PM
Not to mention all the JDM gear they stock!

golfbound
28th October 2014, 12:46 PM

Driver Fitting $135.00 + GST http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/#!driver-fitting/crc5
Long Game Fitting $180.00 +GST http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/#!long-game-fitting/c1uh2
Iron Fitting $180.00 +GST http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/#!iron-fitting/cau6
Ultimate Fiitng $750.00 + GST http://www.coolclubsoz.com.au/#!ultimate-fitting-experience/c1b1g These will include a driver fitting, long game fitting, iron and wedge fitting

Then take the 50% off if you are a member of QAGA

My driver fitting went for 2.5 hours and i got to try alot of different shafts and heads. Its amazing to see how one shaft works well in one head but doesn't work well in another.

Here are a couple of pics of just a small amount of there gear.

benno_r
28th October 2014, 12:54 PM
My driver fitting went for 2.5 hours and i got to try alot of different shafts and heads. Its amazing to see how one shaft works well in one head but doesn't work well in another.

What did they fit you into Ben?

golfbound
28th October 2014, 01:00 PM
ended up with a AD DI6s shaft in a SLDR 9* was the best for me followed by the 913D3 in 9*. Also done the wedges and worked out i needed more bounce than what i have.Was an amazing experience and i can't wait to do the irons.

Shane788
28th October 2014, 06:32 PM
ended up with a AD DI6s shaft in a SLDR 9* was the best for me followed by the 913D3 in 9*. Also done the wedges and worked out i needed more bounce than what i have.Was an amazing experience and i can't wait to do the irons.

How much was the quote for the AD DI6s/SLDR 9* combo? $1000-$1200?

golfbound
28th October 2014, 06:48 PM
not 100% sure Shane

coalesce
30th October 2014, 01:33 PM
Can anyone local tell me how realistic it would be to get from Brisbane CBD to Cool Clubs by public transport please?

I'm heading to Brisbane for a long weekend in January, and was wondering whether I'd be able to sneak in a visit whilst I'm there...

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 01:46 PM
Can anyone local tell me how realistic it would be to get from Brisbane CBD to Cool Clubs by public transport please?

I'm heading to Brisbane for a long weekend in January, and was wondering whether I'd be able to sneak in a visit whilst I'm there...

Not very. At least a couple of hours each way I'd reckon.

When in jan?

coalesce
30th October 2014, 01:51 PM
Not very. At least a couple of hours each way I'd reckon.

When in jan?

Somewhere between Thurs 15th to Mon 19th. I'm coming to watch the Asian Cup soccer on the Friday (Japan v Iraq!) and Saturday (Socceroos v South Korea), but looking to get some golf-related activities in if possible

markTHEblake
30th October 2014, 01:56 PM
Can anyone local tell me how realistic it would be to get from Brisbane CBD to Cool Clubs by public transport please?Go to Transinfo or Google maps and type in departur destination and click go, it should tell you exactly what train and bus to catch.Likely you will catch the train to Coomera or Helensvale and then whatever bus to Sanctuary cove. The train stations are bus hubs so pretty much can get anywhere.The gold coast express train leaves every 30 mins and will take about 45-50 minutes from city to Coomera. and cost one way maybe $15. The connecting bus would be free on the train ticket.

coalesce
30th October 2014, 02:01 PM
Go to Transinfo or Google maps and type in departur destination and click go, it should tell you exactly what train and bus to catch.Likely you will catch the train to Coomera or Helensvale and then whatever bus to Sanctuary cove. The train stations are bus hubs so pretty much can get anywhere.The gold coast express train leaves every 30 mins and will take about 45-50 minutes from city to Coomera. and cost one way maybe $15. The connecting bus would be free on the train ticket.

Thanks mTb.

3pp, 2hrs looks about right - its a shame its not like Adelaide where you can get anywhere in 7 minutes right?

benno_r
30th October 2014, 02:04 PM
Catch train at Centtral / Roma St, get off at Coomera or Helensvale and bus / cab it to Sanctuary Cove.

In my opinion, get the cheapest car hire from the city and drive. You'd be looking @$60 + fuel. Going on train and bus you'd be looking @$35 plus a lot of wasted time.

AndyP
30th October 2014, 02:04 PM
Maybe a nice OZgolfer will want to go down with you and get reamed playing The Palms.

benno_r
30th October 2014, 02:09 PM
Maybe a nice OZgolfer will want to go down with you and get reamed playing The Palms.

That's just cruel...

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks mTb.

3pp, 2hrs looks about right - its a shame its not like Adelaide where you can get anywhere in 7 minutes right?

Too right!

I'm sure you can convince some goose to give you a lift. We'll see if we can think of someone while you're driving me to Lady Bay [emoji12]

golfbound
30th October 2014, 02:40 PM
Where in Brisbane are you coing from?

coalesce
30th October 2014, 02:47 PM
Not sure - I'm presuming somewhere central. I'm only in the very early stages of sounding things out at the moment

icandy
31st October 2014, 12:11 PM
A group of us are going for Asian Cup Australia vs South Korea as well and playing Pine and Palms.

coalesce
31st October 2014, 12:27 PM
I don't think I'm going to get time to do that. I think I'll either be getting a round in somewhere not too far from the airport on the Sunday, or going to Cool Clubs - but then it isn't really a golf trip, so anything I do get to do is a bonus :)

AndyP
31st October 2014, 12:45 PM
I think I'll either be getting a round in somewhere not too far from the airport on the SundayNudgee it is then.

coalesce
31st October 2014, 12:54 PM
Nudgee it is then.

Should I bring my wellington boots? :)

AndyP
31st October 2014, 02:11 PM
And mozzie spray.