PDA

View Full Version : The Golf Club Game

CobraSS
14th August 2014, 07:20 PM
Not sure if anybody here is interested or not but this will be released on PC, and Xbox One next week (20th August) and shortly after on PS4 when Sony get their finger out. I have been playing the early access version on PC for the last few months, although it is an "indie" title, developed by a relatively small team of 10, it is a very good game. Check it out.

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Digital release only on all platforms.

Vice MC
14th August 2014, 07:25 PM
Ill have a look on my xbox1...any idea on price

CobraSS
14th August 2014, 08:01 PM
US price set at $34.99 not sure what that will turn into on the Aust Xbox One Store. But you can always purchase from the US store if, you know what you are doing, and the price difference makes it worth while.

Tiezto
14th August 2014, 10:47 PM
Looks good. Great graphics.

LeftyHoges
15th August 2014, 12:26 PM
Am I reading that right in that we can create our own courses? And play others that have been created by the public?

If so, that's pretty damn cool.

Buzz
15th August 2014, 07:22 PM
Am I reading that right in that we can create our own courses? And play others that have been created by the public?If so, that's pretty damn cool. That would make it a snap buy for me if so.

Ankush
16th August 2014, 01:49 PM
Will be getting it too.

CobraSS
18th August 2014, 01:45 PM
Am I reading that right in that we can create our own courses? And play others that have been created by the public?

If so, that's pretty damn cool.

Yes to date there is roughly 4200 courses available, most however are autogenerated rubbish.

But there are a number of really good ones already, see here for an idea of what is out there. http://www.pocketscout.us/The-Golf-Club/ some good designers already in the community.

Also understand that there are more themes in the works and refinements to the tools in the course creator will occur with game updates in the future.

gameboy
20th August 2014, 09:00 AM
looks interesting-ish

Johnny Canuck
20th August 2014, 09:36 AM
That looks stellar.

Ankush
20th August 2014, 10:47 AM
Bought it yesterday and does look fun. Anyone on Xbox here playing the game?

Vice MC
20th August 2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah just had a quick bash on xbox1..pretty good, i think the course editor will be the go-to as there is no progression or career mode or anything...hopefully they make some add-ons available. A pro-shop where u can select different clubs would be cool...#xbox ho-down!

Vice MC
20th August 2014, 02:09 PM
Price is probly bout right @ $35-45

Ankush
20th August 2014, 02:22 PM
My Id on Xbox is achedsole. Please add so can have some games

Vice MC
20th August 2014, 03:50 PM
Will do. Ill have to get my ID tonight and post it up. Anyone else wants a game put em up!

oncewasagolfer
20th August 2014, 04:30 PM
Isn't this on Xbox 360?

Ankush
20th August 2014, 05:12 PM
No only on Xbox one, ps4 and pc.

oncewasagolfer
20th August 2014, 06:21 PM
Can't see myself getting an Xbox one or ps4 anytime soon so will look into the PC version.

LeftyHoges
21st August 2014, 01:02 PM
No only on Xbox one, ps4 and pc.

Wow, way to limit your target market.

Buzz
21st August 2014, 03:02 PM
Keep forgetting to check this out! Is it equally single/multiplayer focused ?

CobraSS
21st August 2014, 06:53 PM
Keep forgetting to check this out! Is it equally single/multiplayer focused ?

It has both, multiplayer is a little limited in its functionality, and there is some lag 8-10 seconds between when your opponent plays his shot to when you actually see it on your screen, as result the party chat can be a little out of sync with action on screen. You can also play against ghost balls, which actual recordings of other players rounds on that particular course.

CobraSS
21st August 2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah just had a quick bash on xbox1..pretty good, i think the course editor will be the go-to as there is no progression or career mode or anything...hopefully they make some add-ons available. A pro-shop where u can select different clubs would be cool...#xbox ho-down!

They will updating game features progressively, adding different clubs that you can put in your bag is on their list of things to do.

Waddzy
22nd August 2014, 08:20 AM
Think I will suss this out this weekend on PC... seems its going to rain again.

Vice MC
22nd August 2014, 02:39 PM
Really enjoying the play, seems more realistic than TW... Pretty tricky some of those courses people make!

Buzz
31st August 2014, 08:46 PM
ok I bought it on Steam but am totally perplexed, I cant seem to make much work let alone have the first idea how to actually swing a club!

CobraSS
2nd September 2014, 01:48 PM
ok I bought it on Steam but am totally perplexed, I cant seem to make much work let alone have the first idea how to actually swing a club!

Are you using a gamepad controller, Xbox 360 wired controller for windows is what I am using on PC, I never even tried to play with keyboard and mouse so can't offer any advice other than go buy a gamepad controller.

Buzz
2nd September 2014, 05:13 PM
Keyboard and mouse ... I could not find any tutorial on basic game controls

Ducky
2nd September 2014, 08:43 PM
I can tell you the basics.

A or D: Move the aim left/right.

Z or X: Change the club.

C: Change the shot type.

2: Hole overview (i.e. satellite camera).

3: Confirm aiming point (i.e. scout camera).

Shift: Shot shaping menu (i.e. draw, fade, high, low). Right-Click the mouse, hold, and drag (up, down, left, right) whilst in this menu to adjust the shot shape.

To take a swing, you need to Left-Click the mouse, hold, and drag down/up. If you do it in a straight path, the shot will be straight. If the path goes left, the shot hooks. If the path goes right, the shot slices.

Performing partial shots around the greens can be difficult with the mouse, this is one area where the game is lacking. A game controller is a much better alternative.

Anyway, the course designer is quite good. I made a 3 hole course called "The Swamp". Feel free to check it out!

LeftyHoges
3rd September 2014, 09:15 AM
I can tell you the basics.

A or D: Move the aim left/right.

Z or X: Change the club.

C: Change the shot type.

2: Hole overview (i.e. satellite camera).

3: Confirm aiming point (i.e. scout camera).

Shift: Shot shaping menu (i.e. draw, fade, high, low). Right-Click the mouse, hold, and drag (up, down, left, right) whilst in this menu to adjust the shot shape.

To take a swing, you need to Left-Click the mouse, hold, and drag down/up. If you do it in a straight path, the shot will be straight. If the path goes left, the shot hooks. If the path goes right, the shot slices.

Performing partial shots around the greens can be difficult with the mouse, this is one area where the game is lacking. A game controller is a much better alternative.

Anyway, the course designer is quite good. I made a 3 hole course called "The Swamp". Feel free to check it out!

You made Nudgee?

Ducky
3rd September 2014, 01:14 PM
You made Nudgee?
Does it look like this? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB6kFrQJKqM

Buzz
3rd September 2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the help I will check out the swamp too!

Buzz
16th September 2014, 06:54 AM
Haven't had any time to give this a real crack ... Any more feedback from those that have ?

Buzz
28th September 2014, 09:10 PM
Well I have driving and irons down fine, but the short game and putting especially .... just no.

Vice MC
29th September 2014, 09:22 AM
I really love it. Its quite realistic the way it plays. I can't putt in real life and i can't putt on the game! And ill have a great round going and then fall in a heap coming down the stretch...very real!