PDA

View Full Version : Need a shaft for a TM SuperSteel 5 wood

BrisVegas
13th July 2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone out there in Ozgolf land got a shaft that will fit a TM SuperSteel 5 wood. Mine cracked at the neck/hosel last week. :cry:

It's a TM-specific Rifle steel shaft which is a fair bit fatter at the tip than a regular shaft..... Not the same as a Wilson fat shaft though.....

Thanks in advance! :)

McMw
13th July 2004, 08:50 AM
if it's anything like the TM SuperSteel250 driver I had before, the shaft tip is like 0.400 (or close enuff), and there was only an aldila shaft that could fit...

so I did pull out the rifles90 out of it, and had that installed...
so there's a headstart - sorry I can't give you the model of the shaft - this was way too long ago!!!

I might be able to find out later this week - I gave the driver to my friend in Perth.

BrisVegas
13th July 2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks Mau,

I'd prefer to keep it steel as it's stiffer and cheaper, but thanks for the tip on the Aldila shaft. I'm waiting on a call back from TM to see if I can source the proper shaft. I'm not holding my breath, as these woods are a few years old now....
If I can't fix it, I may be in the market for a Rescue Wood. That Hogan of Courty's looks pretty nice. 8)

Congrats on your hole in one!

Dion

BrisVegas
29th July 2004, 05:38 PM
Taylor Made no longer stocks this shaft.. doh! :cry: True Temper used to offer a dynamic shaft with a 0.400" tip to go OVER some old style clubs with extra long hosels... but no longer... I googled it and found that plenty of people have problems with shafts for these oddball clubs.

Found a better solution. I ordered a 0.335-0.400 bushing ferrule to pack out the hosel on the Supersteel so it will fit a standard wood shaft, ie. 0.335". I ordered a Rifle 6.0 shaft, as this is pretty much the same as the "S90" that was in it before.... $33 - not bad! :) :)

If anyone's interested, I picked this stuff up at www.golfshafts.com.au at Caloundra. They've got a good website and their prices seems pretty competitive. If anyone is looking for a Grafalloy or True Temper shaft, they are giving away matching hats with every purchase at the moment 8) . He's got the NV and NVS shafts too.....

McMw
29th July 2004, 05:41 PM
that's good to hear...

but it prob would have been easier to get another 5wood!!! :lol:

BrisVegas
30th July 2004, 02:44 PM
but it prob would have been easier to get another 5wood!!! :lol:

It certainly would have been easier to get a new 5 wood, and I absolutely wanted a shiny new club..... but money was the problem. I'd really have liked another 975F (18.5 or 20.5) or a rescue style club, but that would have cost at least $200.... :cry:

jaster
30th July 2004, 03:25 PM
Great website vegas!!! Sweet work :)

3oneday
30th July 2004, 03:32 PM
Make sure you glue the bushing to the shaft a day before you install the shaft to the head, just enough araldite to smear.

Pete

BrisVegas
30th July 2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the tip Pete. I think I'll let the local pro install it. I don't wanna screw it up.... :oops:

Maybe in years to come I might have a go at doing that sort of stuff myself. Certainly seems like a good way of saving a few bucks. :)

BrisVegas
4th August 2004, 12:36 PM
FINALLY.... got my 5 wood back last night. It was reshafted using the bushing ferrule and a standard DG S300 steel shaft. Oddly enough the Rifle shaft that I bought didn't fit the 0.335 ferrule, even after the pro trimmed the required few inches off the tip...

He happened to have the S300 sitting there and it fitted, so I got that instead (he called me first :wink: ). Either way, I don't mind. Just happy to have it back. I have S300 in all my irons and find it suits my slowish tempo pretty well.

Off to Tassie on Saturday. :smt039 Think I'll take the sticks with me now...

McMw
4th August 2004, 01:01 PM
nice...

I have the s300 in the Vsteel - thougth it would be too much for me...
been pleasantly surprised till now...might be a keeper...

AndyP
4th August 2004, 08:10 PM

Have a nice trip Vegas. The weather I got in Melbourne the last week, wasn't too bad. Hope you get the same. 8)

BrisVegas
5th August 2004, 09:37 AM

Have a nice trip Vegas. The weather I got in Melbourne the last week, wasn't too bad. Hope you get the same. 8)

Cheers mate. Not too worried if the weather is cold/rainy. We're going to Tassie in mid-winter after all!! Not much planned, just cruising around. Will prob only play one round at Launceston with the wife's uncle.

BrisVegas
9th March 2006, 07:43 AM
This TM Supersteel 5 wood with hardly used DG S300 and Lamkin Tour Wrap Cord grip is for sale... Club head itself is in decent condition. There is a small paint chip, but otherwise it's fine. Does the job.

$40 to cover the cost of shaft and grip... Anyone?