PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear sunglasses while golfing?

yoyo
12th August 2014, 04:29 PM
I find sunglasses a bit distracting and prefer not to wear any. In particular polarised lenses can make it very difficult to see through and/or into shadows.

Jarro
12th August 2014, 04:30 PM
yes, but only between shots

3Puttpete
12th August 2014, 04:35 PM
What's means golfing? Playing golf?

Peppas
12th August 2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah I wear them as I need prescription glasses to play/see where my ball goes.

Ferrins
12th August 2014, 04:38 PM
I wear them for protection for my eyes from an errant shot or club throw or a splinter from a branch braking as it impacts the ground and also against the glare from Ricky Fowler lookalikes.

yoyo
12th August 2014, 04:45 PM
What's means golfing? Playing golf?
Correct, it is a verb

Coldtopper
12th August 2014, 04:46 PM
Prescription wayfarers here. So I can see the Ferrins of the world laugh at the same reasons as he just quoted. Pissa of post!!!!

hippo10
12th August 2014, 04:54 PM
Not while actually hitting. Find that the cheap sunnies i wear distort distance perception just slightly.

Daves
12th August 2014, 05:02 PM
You guys that don't wear Sunnies, particularly in Qld, should look up what UV Radiation etc does to your eyes!

jimandr
12th August 2014, 05:09 PM
I need and wear prescription spectacles, but sunnies just don't work for me on the course. My depth perception is all over the place.

On very sunny days in Augusta type ultra white bunkers it does become a problem, I must admit.

I have wished I was wearing them on days when KJ was wearing his fluoro yellow or lime green outfits.

nadg63
12th August 2014, 05:29 PM
I do on Doctors advice as I had a 'nothing to worry about' growth at the corner of my left eye removed by my doctor that turned out to be something I should have been concerned about after all once it had been tested!

Dotty
12th August 2014, 05:59 PM
Prescription glasses, with light-sensitive lenses.

I'll pass on these photochromatic/transitions lenses next time. With the low early morning sun, it can be impossible sometimes see in the shadows, esp. with glare from the inside surface.

Back to just UV coating next time.

Lagerlover
12th August 2014, 05:59 PM
Only after the game # corey hart

KristianJ
12th August 2014, 06:01 PM
I have wished I was wearing them on days when KJ was wearing his fluoro yellow or lime green outfits. Bring some to Vic Champs then...:lol:

AndyP
12th August 2014, 06:13 PM
I wear sunnies, but most of the time they are on my hat, because I forget to put them back on after a shot.

pt73
12th August 2014, 06:18 PM
I wear them except in low light as I wear contacts and don't want them to dry out.

billp
12th August 2014, 07:57 PM
Mine don't leave my head when I leave the house, whether I'm playing sport or not.

gameboy
12th August 2014, 08:01 PM
used to but got out of the habit. might give it a go again

LarryLong
12th August 2014, 08:32 PM
I'm from Victoria. What are these sunnies you speak of?

Dangals
12th August 2014, 08:35 PM
I always wear glasses... Bought some golf specific tifosi sunnies and they are great.

3Puttpete
12th August 2014, 08:40 PM
I rarely venture anywhere outside without sunglasses

markTHEblake
12th August 2014, 09:31 PM
In particular polarised lenses can make it very difficult to see through and/or into shadows.
You should not wear polarised lenses for golf, it flattens out contours and affects your depth perception. The only thing you could do worse is wear a blindfold.

yaksta
12th August 2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah I wear them as I need prescription glasses to play/see where my ball goes.
I'm with Peppas. I am about to go get a new pair and looking at what lenses to get in them. Driving lenses has been one recommendation. Any thoughts?

Ron Burgundy
12th August 2014, 09:41 PM
Always as I get massive headaches otherwise. Weather dependent though obviously.

FuzzyJuzzy
13th August 2014, 11:02 AM
Good thread Gents. When I'm out and about (not playing golf) I pretty much always wear my shades, but at golf I only wear them in between shots. For whatever reason, at address looking down at the ball with sunnies on I never feel comfortable. And trying to putt with sunnies on is the worst man - can't read the greens at all…. Could just be that I have shit sunnies…I'm sure those pros (Scotty, Rosie, Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter, Stenson and so on) who pretty much always where sunnies when they play are sporting better shades than I am...

wazandnic
13th August 2014, 02:50 PM
Will always wear if sunny. I have always had generally just a light tint for my golf shades and ad many pairs over the years but been rockin these Oakley Half Jackets for the past 6 months or so and love them. Havn't noticed any difference with them being polarised.

http://au.oakley.com/products/6944/26182

Toolish
13th August 2014, 03:12 PM
I have a set of Oakley half jackets. On most days I will use the G30 lens, only go dark tint on the brightest days.