PDA

View Full Version : Golf link upload times.

Tiezto
10th August 2014, 10:43 AM
How long does it take for your scores to show up in golf link at your local club?

I know it depends on the handicapper inputting them so I guess the question could be how efficient is your handicapper.

What annoys me is on a local Saturday comp round i can be waiting until Sunday night to see my scores, yet on some courses it is there before I get home from the club.

Ballina is Sat night. Mudgee is sat night. Lismore is Sunday and mullumbimby can be monday or late Sunday night.

wazandnic
10th August 2014, 10:46 AM
Eastlake is done by the proshop and so they upload before they shut up shop for the day, usually by 6pm at latest. Have just started posting the results to facebook for every comp as well which is good.

I have played other clubs that don't publish weekend results until the Monday though.

Tiezto
10th August 2014, 11:03 AM
It's frustrating especially if you have had a great round.

Saying that, lismore still has a cardboard and pencil sign up sheet and nothing online that's up to date or useful.

Matt1979
10th August 2014, 11:52 AM
Devilbend where I play do these usually by 6pm and post the days results

Daves
10th August 2014, 11:55 AM
If they are using computerised card system, it just takes a trained staff member to do the uploads. Our GM usually does Saturday's results at our club.

Tiezto
10th August 2014, 12:21 PM
We input our scores into the computer yeah so it's not like it's a huge task to upload.

Courty
10th August 2014, 01:18 PM
Our Saturday comps often don't hit GL until the Tuesday (3 days later). :roll:

markTHEblake
10th August 2014, 01:37 PM
I know it depends on the handicapper inputting them so I guess the question could be how efficient is your handicapper.

If your handicapper is a volunteer, then what is perhaps needed is for more appreciation (or new volunteer)

The handicapper at my club ( Jill at Helensvale, dead set champion) has the scores submitted to golf link before we finish our round.

mike
10th August 2014, 01:51 PM
At our club it's Monday or Tuesday night or whenever the hell I feel like it.

Tiezto
10th August 2014, 02:27 PM
I guess it seems pretty standard for Sunday night/Monday then. Maybe I should volunteer at my club :)

LeftyHoges
11th August 2014, 11:06 AM
In by 6pm Saturday here. Feels good looking at the DSR of 70 so early.

Steve57
11th August 2014, 11:28 AM
At our club it's Monday or Tuesday night or whenever the hell I feel like it.

:D

Vice MC
11th August 2014, 11:43 AM
Ours is pretty quick, usually up that arvo or night.

Ned
11th August 2014, 01:48 PM
Golf Australia take the view that a Tier One Club could take up to a week, Tier Three Clubs should be no longer than 24 hours.

Courty
11th August 2014, 03:00 PM
Golf Australia take the view that a Tier One Club could take up to a week, Tier Three Clubs should be no longer than 24 hours.

How do we know what tier the clubs are?

Ned
11th August 2014, 03:03 PM
Ask them, or if you happen to have to input your scores into the comp software then they are Tier Three.