PDA

View Full Version : Who does finance?

Golf4Fun
9th August 2014, 08:41 PM
Hi all,
I am looking to get a full kit out that is going to cost a lot (I have nothing at the moment).
Does anyone know somewhere that sells Taylormade and does interest free finance?
Cheers

Matt1979
9th August 2014, 08:48 PM
House of golf - not sure if interest free but remember it didn't look too bad

Golf4Fun
9th August 2014, 09:17 PM
House of golf - not sure if interest free but remember it didn't look too bad
Bundall House of Golf said they don't :/

aussieashley
9th August 2014, 09:20 PM
Are you just starting up in golf?
There is a lot of great bargains to be had on here if you're happy to go with 2nd hand gear.
And there's also a wealth of golfing knowledge on here to help out too.

Golf4Fun
9th August 2014, 09:34 PM
Hi aussieashley,
Yeah I have a few friends that have sets and I enjoy the game, so wanting to get my own since the hire sets are never long enough for me. I have seen some good deals secondhand but I prefer the new sets ;)

wizard_of_oz
9th August 2014, 10:41 PM
There's no such thing as a free lunch unfortunately. Those "interest free" deals that you see from any retailer have interest built into their prices by set up fees, monthly fees, or just a higher retail price. You pay for it in some form.

sheezymaneezy
10th August 2014, 12:03 AM
Maybe check out some of the good retailers in Australia that commonly have good deals.

I'm happy to buy from places such as rockbottomgolf and callawaypreowned because I know what I'm looking for.

Golf4Fun
10th August 2014, 08:26 AM
There's no such thing as a free lunch unfortunately. Those "interest free" deals that you see from any retailer have interest built into their prices by set up fees, monthly fees, or just a higher retail price. You pay for it in some form.
I realise that but I need it on a payment plan to get past the missus. If I park further from work and walk in, the money saved will pay off the clubs and the missus can't go crook at me for having a larger weekly expenditure ;)

Sheezymaneezy - I've tried house of golf, Drummond, golf world, golf central and a bunch of online shop and still haven't found anyone, that's why I thought I would defer to a larger populous of golfers for assistance. I'm still very wary of online shops since reading that there were instances of even physical shops being caught out selling fakes that they didn't realise were fake until people went to register their clubs. Read on the internet so applied grain of salt when reading but still wary no less.

3oneday
10th August 2014, 08:31 AM
Get a sneaky credit card, there's so little money in golf clubs I'm not surprised interest free is hard to find. I'd also imagine the debunk rate to be high.

Matt1979
10th August 2014, 08:40 AM
Look out to see if you can get 6 or 12 mth interest free with your new cc if you go down this path

Coldtopper
10th August 2014, 08:59 AM
There is a bloke called Gatto that arranges loans in Melbourne?

On a serious note $250 could see a decent set up of secondhand gear. Im sure some guys here would have something they could sell ypu being much better than a set of crap clubs from your local golf shop.

shhhhank
10th August 2014, 09:36 AM
Drummond do Certegy (well at least some do) but you'll need 25% deposit.

Tiezto
10th August 2014, 09:40 AM
There is a bloke called Gatto that arranges loans in Melbourne?

On a serious note $250 could see a decent set up of secondhand gear. Im sure some guys here would have something they could sell ypu being much better than a set of crap clubs from your local golf shop.
^ this

Golf4Fun
12th August 2014, 09:27 AM
Drummond do Certegy (well at least some do) but you'll need 25% deposit.
Cheers shhhank, turns out the one i rang didn't but I found another that does