PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SA Champs - Non-Champs rounds

Pages : [1] 2 3

coalesce
8th August 2014, 12:19 PM
As a few people have expressed an interest in making a weekend of it at the SA Champs this year, nadg and I thought it would be a good idea to create a separate thread and I can then start making firm arrangements for the "other" rounds, which might help people plan what they are doing.

The champs round will be on Sun Nov 23rd, 4 groups teeing off from 11.40am.

All of the rounds below are non-champs rounds, but I will look at doing some small prizes for the Saturday if I can and there is enough interest.

Please let me know what days you would like to play, and if you need a cart so I can pre-order them where available.

None of the courses so far have required a deposit, but if you want to pay in advance, feel free!

Date: Friday November 21st
Time: 10.11
Course: Kooyonga
Cost per person: $60
Cost per cart (optional): $45
1. coalesce
2. jimandr
3. Chilled
4. highballin

Date: Saturday November 22nd
Time: 12.20, 12.28, 12.36
Course: Lady Bay
(http://www.linksladybay.com.au/golf/)Cost per person: $42
Cost per cart (optional): $36
1. coalesce (cart)
2. 3puttpete (cart)
3. jimandr
4. benno_r
5. Peppas
6. highballin (cart)
7. Chilled
8. HatchmanSS76 (cart? pref walk!)

Date: Monday November 24th
Time: 7.30am
Course: Fleurieu
Cost per person: $25
Cost per cart (optional): $27
1. coalesce
2. Peppas
3. benno_r
4. highballin
?

3Puttpete
8th August 2014, 01:33 PM
Saturday arvo for me.

Scheduled to hit the Rad at 0930 so whatever works from there.

coalesce
8th August 2014, 01:35 PM
So you could tee off anywhere at 9.37 :)

3Puttpete
8th August 2014, 01:40 PM
So you could tee off anywhere at 9.37 :)

Let's call it 9.40 to allow for my extensive pre-game putting practice but I like the way you think.

nadg63
8th August 2014, 04:36 PM
If the knees will take it Saturday for me!

coalesce
17th August 2014, 04:13 PM
There was some discussion today at our OzGolf day at Lady Bay about a potential itinerary for the non-champs rounds.

This is heavily TBC, but it was suggested:

Friday pm: Kooyonga
Saturday pm: Fleurieu
Sunday (champs): Royal Adelaide
Mon am: Lady Bay

That's a decent line up of courses in SA to anyone who wants to do all of them!

(Chilled, I've added you as a ? for Friday's round)

jimandr
26th August 2014, 03:50 PM
Now that Sunday is confirmed, I have made a decision that may have long-term consequences on my body, and possibly my mind if my form is bad during this time.

I'm going to play all four days, and then collapse. I would estimate it is about 20 years since I last played four days in a row.

While I have a strong preference for a Kooyonga game, it doesn't really matter. I'll play anywhere.

3Puttpete
26th August 2014, 03:57 PM
Anyone keen for a 6am warm up at west lakes Sunday morning?

coalesce
26th August 2014, 03:59 PM
Now that Sunday is confirmed, I have made a decision that may have long-term consequences on my body, and possibly my mind if my form is bad during this time.

I'm going to play all four days, and then collapse. I would estimate it is about 20 years since I last played four days in a row.

While I have a strong preference for a Kooyonga game, it doesn't really matter. I'll play anywhere.

I really want to get onto Kooyonga too. We need to sweet-talk Chilled :)

Anyone keen for a 6am warm up at west lakes Sunday morning?

Are you serious? :)

coalesce
26th August 2014, 04:01 PM

Do you have time constraints as to when you arrive on Friday and leave on Monday? Lady Bay might not be the smartest idea for the Monday as it is about 1hr out of Adelaide...

3Puttpete
26th August 2014, 04:03 PM
Are you serious? :)

I'm seriously thinking about whether or not I'm serious. 50/50 at the moment.

Depends on Saturday night plans. I understand that most are at home and it's a one day thing so I don't imagine there will be too many shenanigans Saturday night. A quiet night makes an early start possible.

benno_r
26th August 2014, 04:06 PM

Depends on Saturday night plans. I understand that most are at home and it's a one day thing so I don't imagine there will be too many shenanigans Saturday night. A quiet night makes an early start possible.

If I go - in!

3Puttpete
26th August 2014, 04:07 PM
If I go - in!

You definitely won't be hung over

coalesce
26th August 2014, 04:09 PM

Ok, I've added it to the OP as an option. Saturday morning is going to be more difficult, but possible. I can play West Lakes as a reciprocal so may be able to book something if I do it enough in advance...

jimandr
26th August 2014, 04:11 PM
Do you have time constraints as to when you arrive on Friday and leave on Monday? Lady Bay might not be the smartest idea for the Monday as it is about 1hr out of Adelaide...

I intend to arrive Thursday and depart Tuesday, depending upon what advice I get from Flight Centre regarding special deals on flights and hotels and car hire. So the course location on Monday isn't important.

However, I have NO interest in 0600 starts anywhere.

3Puttpete
26th August 2014, 04:13 PM
Ok, I've added it to the OP as an option. Saturday morning is going to be more difficult, but possible. I can play West Lakes as a reciprocal so may be able to book something if I do it enough in advance...

Saturday morning is no go for me. I won't hit the Rad until about 9.30

coalesce
26th August 2014, 04:16 PM
Saturday morning is no go for me. I won't hit the Rad until about 9.30

I didn't read clearly enough. We should be talking about Sunday morning - a pre-champs morning warm up. That being the case, we can almost certainly get on anywhere with this kind of notice.

3Puttpete
27th August 2014, 02:04 PM
I didn't read clearly enough. We should be talking about Sunday morning - a pre-champs morning warm up. That being the case, we can almost certainly get on anywhere with this kind of notice.

West Lakes earliest tee time is 6.30 and can't book until a week out.

benno_r
4th September 2014, 08:13 AM
In for Saturday round and Sunday warm up round.

Cheers,
Ben

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 08:39 AM
In for Saturday round and Sunday warm up round.Cheers,Ben Go champ!Still looking at Sunday's arrangements. I'm not too keen on waiting until a week before and hoping to get lucky with an early spot at Westlakes. I also don't think I wanna pay $160 odd for a hit at The Grange or Kooyonga. Might have to move further out. Investigations continue.

nadg63
4th September 2014, 08:53 AM
Personally I believe that a good warm-up round for RA on the Saturday would be Mt C/Fleurieu, good course, also a links style, not expensive or too far away .......................

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 09:04 AM
Personally I believe that a good warm-up round for RA on the Saturday would be Mt C/Fleurieu, good course, also a links style, not expensive or too far away ....................... I think the locals have that one under control.I'm looking at Sunday morning

coalesce
4th September 2014, 09:10 AM
In for Saturday round and Sunday warm up round.

OP updated

Go champ!Still looking at Sunday's arrangements. I'm not too keen on waiting until a week before and hoping to get lucky with an early spot at Westlakes. I also don't think I wanna pay $160 odd for a hit at The Grange or Kooyonga. Might have to move further out. Investigations continue.

As location is the issue, there are other options near that are not the same standard of golf - North Adelaide south course, or the Pat. Neither are of the calibre of the other courses we are talking about, but if we can't get on West Lakes, we should be able to get on one of those? Failing that we should be able to get on at The Vines, which is maybe 30mins drive away? Should be doable if we get the first tee-time of the day...

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 09:21 AM
OP updated Failing that we should be able to get on at The Vines, which is maybe 30mins drive away? Should be doable if we get the first tee-time of the day...Great minds...thinking about this or TTG

coalesce
4th September 2014, 09:26 AM
Great minds...thinking about this or TTG

West Lakes and TTG are my reciprocals, and The Vines is my home club, so I'm good with any of those. I think TTG is probably the furthest 7 mins from RA, i.e. more like 40.

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 09:27 AM
I think TTG is probably the furthest 7 mins from RA :)

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 09:27 AM
West Lakes and TTG are my reciprocals, and The Vines is my home club, so I'm good with any of those. I think TTG is probably the furthest 7 mins from RA, i.e. more like 40. Happy with the Vines

nadg63
4th September 2014, 10:10 AM
OP updated

As location is the issue, there are other options near that are not the same standard of golf - North Adelaide south course, or the Pat. Neither are of the calibre of the other courses we are talking about, but if we can't get on West Lakes, we should be able to get on one of those? Failing that we should be able to get on at The Vines, which is maybe 30mins drive away? Should be doable if we get the first tee-time of the day...

In all honesty I cannot see you making it work with The Vines, (I assume you're talking about the morning round before RA here!?), even if you could get the first tee-spots, (very unlikely!), it would still be cutting it very fine to try and make it to RA on time, especially with SA road closures, road works, accidents etc that always seem to pop up in the way of wherever you're trying to get to! Just my 2-cents worth!

coalesce
4th September 2014, 10:17 AM
I've emailed them to see what would be possible. If we can get the first tee time and not muck about it might be ok, but we would need to be leaving there about 10.30am in order to get to RA without cutting it too fine.

If that's no good, I think our best option would be North Adelaide or the Pat - if we can get the first tee time on either of those, then we'd easily finish in time to get to RA.

benno_r
4th September 2014, 10:31 AM
Don't care where we go - as long as we aren't late for RA, I'm happy.

coalesce
4th September 2014, 10:32 AM
Don't worry, I'll sort something out :)

Peppas
4th September 2014, 11:22 AM
In for the Sat and Sun dawn round.

Depending on when I fly back I might be in for the Monday round, but I might fly back Sunday evening....

coalesce
4th September 2014, 11:25 AM
OP updated :)

I'll get started on booking these now!

Peppas
4th September 2014, 12:29 PM
OK thoughts on Monday round? I am in for it.

Now any rough idea on time, etc so I can book a flight home while there's a special? :)

benno_r
4th September 2014, 12:37 PM
In for Monday as well, as long as we can do an earlyish (8 or 9am start)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:46 PM
Well, I was thinking it would be:

Friday: Kooyonga
Saturday: Fleurieu (Mt Compass)
Sunday early: The Vines or failing that North Adelaide
Sunday champs: Royal Adelaide
Monday am: Lady Bay

That way we cover 4 of the top courses in Adelaide over the 5 rounds.

The problem with that is that Fleurieu is about 1hr and Lady Bay is 1hr 15 from Hindley Street. They are both worth it if we have the time to travel, and they are both good options for the Saturday as we should be able to get afternoon tee times.

For the Monday, if we were to tee off at say 9am at the furthest option (Lady Bay), then add 5hrs playing and having late lunch and a beer time, then another 1.5 travel, then your check-in time, and you are looking at an early evening flight time. We could of course start earlier too :)

We could also try and get on somewhere nearer like West Lakes, but I don't think we have members at anywhere like The Grange or Glenelg for a local, higher tier course option.

jimandr said he is not flying back til the Tuesday, so really its up to you Peppas as to when you want to be at the airport, and then we can work something around that.

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:46 PM
In for Monday as well, as long as we can do an earlyish (8 or 9am start)

Have you got a flight time already?

benno_r
4th September 2014, 12:52 PM
Have you got a flight time already?

Nope, there is a flight @ 3:15pm, and one @7:40pm

Would prefer the 3:15pm flight as I have a 3hr driver from Brissie. If Links Lady Bay is better than a close option, then I will catch the Late flight.

And 5hrs for a round? Are you SA guys slow or something??? :D

Peppas
4th September 2014, 12:54 PM
I can fly out any time in the afternoon, I can work it around wherever we play. Latest I can fly out is about 6:40pm... I probably would prefer a flight back around 4pm so I have a bit of time to unwind when I get home but I can stay later. Happy to do whatever works out best for everyone? :)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:59 PM
In that 5hrs I was rounding up, and including post-game faffing about :)

What time do you have to check in for a 3.15pm flight - let's work backwards from there...

benno_r
4th September 2014, 01:03 PM
In that 5hrs I was rounding up, and including post-game faffing about :)

What time do you have to check in for a 3.15pm flight - let's work backwards from there...

3:15 flight, with golf clubs would want to be there 2:15, 1.5hr travel means leave 12:45.

5hrs shanking, topping, bantering, general shenanigans, eating, drinking.

7:30 tee off? Means leave a bit before 6?

coalesce
4th September 2014, 01:23 PM
So it would be:

Lady Bay: 7.30am tee off, leaving at 6am.
Fleurieu: 8am tee off, leaving at 7am.
Something nearer the city: 8.30am tee off, leaving at 8am.

I think Lady Bay might be a bit too early after having had 2 rounds the day before! Maybe it would be better for me to book that for Saturday, and then Fleurieu for Monday?

benno_r
4th September 2014, 01:30 PM
So it would be:

Lady Bay: 7.30am tee off, leaving at 6am.
Fleurieu: 8am tee off, leaving at 7am.
Something nearer the city: 8.30am tee off, leaving at 8am.

I think Lady Bay might be a bit too early after having had 2 rounds the day before! Maybe it would be better for me to book that for Saturday, and then Fleurieu for Monday?

Works for me. Links Lady Bay Saturday, Fleurieu Monday.

coalesce
4th September 2014, 01:39 PM
3puttpete, as you are the only interstater this really affects (as all the others would still get to play both), do you have any strong feelings regarding Lady Bay vs Fleurieu on the Saturday?

We've debated the merits of each course at length on SA OzGolf days/threads. Nadg63 would tell you Fleurieu was better, whereas Chilled would say Lady Bay was better. My opinion is Lady Bay scores higher in top courses lists because it has the resort facilities. In terms of the courses themselves, both are good. Arguably, Fleurieu flows a bit better (as holes 10-18 at Lady Bay are the other side of a road), but holes 1-9 at Lady Bay are great.

Hatchman
4th September 2014, 01:47 PM
In good condition I rate Fleurieu better than Lady Bay.

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 01:49 PM
3puttpete, as you are the only interstater this really affects (as all the others would still get to play both), do you have any strong feelings regarding Lady Bay vs Fleurieu on the Saturday?

We've debated the merits of each course at length on SA OzGolf days/threads. Nadg63 would tell you Fleurieu was better, whereas Chilled would say Lady Bay was better. My opinion is Lady Bay scores higher in top courses lists because it has the resort facilities. In terms of the courses themselves, both are good. Arguably, Fleurieu flows a bit better (as holes 10-18 at Lady Bay are the other side of a road), but holes 1-9 at Lady Bay are great.

Appreciate you asking mate but RA for the champs round is the only one I feel strongly about.

Other than that I'm not fussed. Do whatever works for those with stronger opinions. As long as I get my 25 points and a laugh I'm happy

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:51 PM

Hatchy are you playing???

Peppas
4th September 2014, 02:14 PM
And what time are we looking at now for the Monday round? Just so I know before I book these flights :)

nadg63
4th September 2014, 02:18 PM

Give that man a medal! :)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 02:21 PM
And what time are we looking at now for the Monday round? Just so I know before I book these flights :)

I'm going to ask at Fleurieu if they can do 8am. Based on that, a 4pm flight would be fine...

I will start ringing round and update the thread when I know more.

Peppas
4th September 2014, 02:33 PM
Awesome stuff... I just got my leave approved so I will be booking flights this evening probably!

highballin
4th September 2014, 03:32 PM
Coalesce can you put me in for the warm up rounds. Will tee off early as I can on Sat at Fleurieu should be able to get to lady bay by noon ok. Will be stuffed by the time I get RA but what the hell lets play some golf :lol:

Might be able to make the Fri or Mon rounds but won't know until a bit closer.

coalesce
4th September 2014, 03:34 PM
Coalesce can you put me in for the warm up rounds. Will tee off early as I can on Sat at Fleurieu should be able to get to lady bay by noon ok. Will be stuffed by the time I get RA but what the hell lets play some golf :lol:

Might be able to make the Fri or Mon rounds but won't know until a bit closer.

Done. Did you want me to add you to the early Sunday round too? That would be 4 rounds in 2 days even without Fri/Mon... :D

highballin
4th September 2014, 03:38 PM
Yep Sunday too will give me a good excuse for RA if I don't fire 8-)

Peppas
4th September 2014, 04:40 PM
Ok I'm looking at the 4:15pm flight home on Monday... that is the plan right? Benno to make his 3:15pm flight home?

coalesce
4th September 2014, 04:51 PM
Yep that's my understanding

Peppas
4th September 2014, 05:02 PM
Love your work, thanks mate. Will be booking my flights later tonight :)

nadg63
4th September 2014, 05:33 PM
Saturday - Lady Bay :( Doubt I'll bother playing, as you know how much I like that place NOT! I may show up for a walk tho!

coalesce
4th September 2014, 05:42 PM
Its a long way to go for a walk! And when you get there its a long walk!

nadg63
4th September 2014, 06:05 PM
Its a long way to go for a walk! And when you get there its a long walk!

Have done it before ........................ :)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 06:32 PM
I'll leave you on the list for now :)

nadg63
4th September 2014, 07:30 PM
I'll leave you on the list for now :)

No worries, might book in now with Highballin for an early morning hit at Mt C on the Saturday ........................... ;)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 08:45 PM
I reckon I'll be ready to give up golf by the end of the champs. Or earlier ;)

Peppas
4th September 2014, 09:05 PM
OK I have booked my flights. I'll be in Radelaide Fri evening and leave Monday arvo. Looking forward to it already!

nadg63
4th September 2014, 09:07 PM
I reckon I'll be ready to give up golf by the end of the champs. Or earlier ;)

Ha ha, I'd need my knee replacement a lot earlier if I played all those consecutive days :)

OK I have booked my flights. I'll be in Radelaide Fri evening and leave Monday arvo. Looking forward to it already!

Be November before you know it ;)

Chris32
5th September 2014, 12:27 PM
You guys are mad about having a warm up round on the morning of playing at RA

In my opinion, you'd be much better served lobbing up at RA at 9.30, having a look around the place and knocking a bucket of balls on the chipping green and knock a few down the range.

To me, a round at RA is more about the experience of the place as much as the golf. The practice facilities are excellent, and generally the place is deserted and makes for a a great warm up to a round there.

It would be nice to meet everyone well before the round and have a good chat and knock a few balls down the range, than be waiting on the putting green for everyone to show 10 mins before the round :lol:

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 12:47 PM
You guys are mad about having a warm up round on the morning of playing at RA

In my opinion, you'd be much better served lobbing up at RA at 9.30, having a look around the place and knocking a bucket of balls on the chipping green and knock a few down the range.

To me, a round at RA is more about the experience of the place as much as the golf. The practice facilities are excellent, and generally the place is deserted and makes for a a great warm up to a round there.

It would be nice to meet everyone well before the round and have a good chat and knock a few balls down the range, than be waiting on the putting green for everyone to show 10 mins before the round :lol:

Reason and common sense. I don't know how to respond.

benno_r
5th September 2014, 12:57 PM
Reason and common sense. I don't know how to respond.

It's weird on Ozgolf, huh?

What about an early nine on Sunday, then mentioned chipping putting etc.

Best of both worlds!

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 01:00 PM
Or a late Saturday night and long slow brekky

nadg63
5th September 2014, 01:16 PM
Coincidentally I received an email from Marcel early this morning suggesting a social gathering somewhere on the Saturday night!

Sounds like a plan ......................

Peppas
5th September 2014, 01:20 PM
What about a social gathering sat night, early 9 holes, long breakfast, then talking on the practice green?

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 01:20 PM
Coincidentally I received an email from Marcel early this morning suggesting a social gathering somewhere on the Saturday night!Sounds like a plan ...................... I'm warming to this idea

Peppas
5th September 2014, 01:21 PM
Will it be warm in November??

nadg63
5th September 2014, 01:31 PM
Will it be warm in November??

According to BOM the average for November here is 14-25*

Peppas
5th September 2014, 01:31 PM
Sounds like 3/4 shorts weather?

nadg63
5th September 2014, 01:38 PM

In theory ..................... you never know here, a few years ago it went berserk and up into the high 30's/low 40's! Then again, it could be cool and wet ;)

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 01:52 PM

No

Peppas
5th September 2014, 01:54 PM
No

OK just shorts then

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 02:19 PM
OK just shorts then

Very good

nadg63
5th September 2014, 03:46 PM
What about a social gathering sat night, early 9 holes, long breakfast, then talking on the practice green?

I'm warming to this idea

Marcel is going to start up a separate thread regarding a social get-together on the Saturday night, can sort it out the details in that :)

As for the first-thing Sunday round, all yours boys, see you at RA! Not sure what time their kitchen opens, may get breakfast there!? Marcel?

jimandr
5th September 2014, 04:58 PM
OK just shorts then

I think you'll find that Royal Adelaide has stringent dress standards.

I'm certain you'll need to wear a shirt, and being old fashioned, probably shoes and socks as well.

I'll be well prepared for anything by bringing a suitable pair of trousers as well as shorts. As I'm playing four days in a row I might need to give one combo a rest anyway.

While I do own a number of red shirts, I don't own any white tartan patterned trousers, so I'll leave the red shirts at home. I have a feeling I'll be closely testing the 23kg bag limit on the plane journey.

coalesce
5th September 2014, 07:21 PM
Having played North Adelaide today I had forgotten it has a few gradients so I'm not sure it's a good plan for a warm up. I reckon if all that is wanted is a 9 hole warm up then either of the Pat courses would do. Equally, I'd be happy not playing at all. I have a finite amount of decent shots and Sod's law says they'd all be in the warm up round!

highballin
5th September 2014, 07:27 PM
What about the Pat either the main or executive course if it's only a warm up.

Peppas
5th September 2014, 07:53 PM
Whats a Pat?

Thanks for the tip Jim, I'll bring shoes too!

coalesce
5th September 2014, 08:10 PM
I don't know why it's called the Pat by the locals but is Adelaide Shores. It's local, flat and perfectly good enough for a warm up :)

nadg63
5th September 2014, 08:17 PM
I don't know why it's called the Pat by the locals but is Adelaide Shores. It's local, flat and perfectly good enough for a warm up :)

The Patawalunga! (Spelling?) Got renamed Adelaide Shores a few years ago.

Peppas
5th September 2014, 08:32 PM
Sounds perfect for a quiet 9 holes after breakfast :)

coalesce
5th September 2014, 08:36 PM
Not sure how quiet it will be. What time is after breakfast? :)

Peppas
5th September 2014, 08:52 PM
Not sure how quiet it will be. What time is after breakfast? :)

Depends what time the 24hrs Maccas opens :)

3Puttpete
5th September 2014, 09:03 PM
Depends what time the 24hrs Maccas opens :)

All nighter?

Chilled
9th September 2014, 10:07 AM
After talking to Kooyonga pro shop and office they assure me that friday 21 would be fine. There is a corporate day on friday 21 but there will be tee slots open after 10am. I can't get a long range booking but I think we will be absolutely fine. I think it was mentioned somewhere in the thread the charge would be $160 at Kooey, if introduced by myself as a guest the charge would be $60 + comp fee if you wanted to do that. It would only be $160 if you were not introduced by a member.

If I'm here that weekend I'll definitely play Links lady bay sat so pencil me down for that one.

Can't believe you guys are doing a full practice round sunday morn before RA! :p I reckon your best bet would be to do 9 holes at The Pat before RA.

Peppas
9th September 2014, 10:11 AM
Is Kooyonga better than Fleurieu and Lady Bay? :)

Chilled
9th September 2014, 10:24 AM
Is Kooyonga better than Fleurieu and Lady Bay? :)There are four Tier 1 courses in Adelaide:

Kooyonga
Royal Adelaide
Glenelg
Grange

There are six Tier 2 courses:

Blackwood
West Lakes
Tea Tree Gully
Mount Osmond
Flagstaff Hill
The Vines of Reynella

And then there is all the rest :p

Links Lady Bay consistently rates very well in the top 100 courses in Australia, and there is a reason for that, it's a bloody fantastic course. Fleurieu for the first time has also now been recognised by nudging into the top 100 (position 99; march 2014 rankings) which is an excellent effort. I played there again last saturday.

Peppas
9th September 2014, 10:42 AM
Where do the tier 1 and tier 2 courses rate in the top 100? :)

coalesce
9th September 2014, 11:05 AM
Where do the tier 1 and tier 2 courses rate in the top 100? :)

Kooyonga 22nd
Royal Adelaide 12th
Glenelg 39th
Grange East is 40th, West is 43rd

Lady Bay 61st
Fleurieu 99th

http://www.ausgolf.com.au/australias-top-100-courses-golf-digest

The rest aren't in the Top 100.

Lady Bay and Fleurieu aren't in Adelaide - they are 1hr-ish to the south.

Peppas
9th September 2014, 11:20 AM
Hmm is there a Monday comp at Kooyonga? :)

coalesce
9th September 2014, 11:36 AM
The problem with that would be that if Chilled can't play, that would be $160 each...

Peppas
9th September 2014, 11:59 AM
Hey Chilled can you play Monday as well? :)

coalesce
9th September 2014, 12:22 PM
Hey Chilled can you play Monday as well? :)

Or instead would work. And we'd need 2 tee times ;)

benno_r
9th September 2014, 12:42 PM
Kooyonga Monday would be great! Much less rushing around...

Chilled
9th September 2014, 12:57 PM
Nah got to work mondays unfortunately : (

benno_r
9th September 2014, 01:04 PM

Like that's en excuse!!! :)

Peppas
9th September 2014, 01:08 PM

Take a RDO? :)

Chilled
14th September 2014, 06:03 PM
Like that's en excuse!!! :smile:Gotta pay for the golf somehow :p

Bugger it, lock me in for sat 22nd at lady bay. Screw work!

Take a RDO? :)Already maxxing those out as it is, that's how I'm able to get fridays off....heh

nadg63
14th September 2014, 06:23 PM
If anyone else wants a spot at Lady Bay on the Saturday Coalesce feel free to take me off the list ;)

coalesce
14th September 2014, 08:24 PM
We can get more tee times if we need to don't worry nadg!

coalesce
14th September 2014, 08:27 PM
Arse. Formatting has screwed up in OP. I'll fix it tomorrow!

nadg63
14th September 2014, 08:52 PM
Arse. Formatting has screwed up in OP. I'll fix it tomorrow!

:D

coalesce
24th September 2014, 01:47 PM
This is starting to come together.

For the Friday round, we can't book this far in advance at Kooyonga, but for an afternoon round, we will be fine so we can leave booking this til nearer the time.

For Saturday, I have booked 3 tee times at Lady Bay, 12.20, 12.28 and 12.36. It is not a particularly hilly course, but there are some holes where there is a bit of a walk between holes, so if anyone wants a cart, let me know and I'll book them.

I haven't yet done anything for the Sunday warm-up/Monday morning, but I'll get on these today.

I will update the OP with prices so that you know what you're letting yourselves in for.

Can you please let me know if you are going to want carts for any of the rounds?

coalesce
24th September 2014, 02:46 PM
I've added a few options for the Sunday warm up round if we still want to do it.

North Adelaide have tee times from about 6am which I can secure in advance - we should be able to play the south course (the best one), finish by 10 and get to Royal Adelaide by 10.30 if people still want to do it?

3Puttpete
24th September 2014, 02:52 PM
I know I started the whole crack of dawn Sunday thing but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll give it a miss. Too many drinks Saturday night, bit of a sleep in, breakfast and hang out at RA for a couple of hours is the go.

nadg63
24th September 2014, 03:16 PM
I know I started the whole crack of dawn Sunday thing but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll give it a miss. Too many drinks Saturday night, bit of a sleep in, breakfast and hang out at RA for a couple of hours is the go.

Sounds like a wise move to me!

Hatchman
24th September 2014, 05:26 PM

Was talking about the pre game game with coalesce at North Adelaide and mentioned you guys were a bunch of lunatics.

coalesce
24th September 2014, 05:30 PM

How about you benno_r, Peppas and highballin?

benno_r
24th September 2014, 05:35 PM
Dont drink mate, so early nine will be easy, but not essential.

highballin
24th September 2014, 06:03 PM
How about you benno_r, Peppas and highballin?

Yeah might give it a miss too.

Peppas
25th September 2014, 11:07 AM
I'm easy either way.

coalesce
25th September 2014, 11:38 AM
I'm easy too - I'll play if you guys want to, but equally if no-one wants to, its fine with me. Early mornings aren't traditionally my strong point!

If we're going to play, North Adelaide is probably the best option, as it is nearer where I think you are staying - I can book the first tee time in advance and we would be able to fly round - and we can walk off if we've had enough or are short on time. It's not a special course and not great value, but it does have some nice views of the CBD. I would imagine it would make you appreciate RA all the more in the afternoon :)

benno_r
3rd October 2014, 11:08 AM
Can we turn Saturday into some kind of interstate rivalry championships?

3pp and I for QLD, Peps and Jim from NSW, and 2 of SA's finest?

Free lapdance for the winners, provided funded by the losing 2 teams? Or a handful of chips at the Cas?

Peppas
3rd October 2014, 11:13 AM
Can we turn Saturday into some kind of interstate rivalry championships?

3pp and I for QLD, Peps and Jim from NSW, and 2 of SA's finest?

Free lapdance for the winners, provided funded by the losing 2 teams? Or a handful of chips at the Cas?

Lapdances, nice :)

coalesce
3rd October 2014, 11:20 AM
Theoretically, nadg63 and I could represent the UK...

Peppas
3rd October 2014, 11:37 AM
Ohhh a battle of the... somethings.

benno_r
3rd October 2014, 11:40 AM
Theoretically, nadg63 and I could represent the UK...

Done!

QLD:
3pp & benno_r

NSW:
Peppas & Jimandr

Mother Country:
nadg63 & coalesce

SA:
highballin & Chilled

Handicapped 4bb, lowest team score takes the spoils!

Thoughts?

3Puttpete
3rd October 2014, 11:54 AM
Done!

QLD:
3pp & benno_r

NSW:
Peppas & Jimandr

Mother Country:
nadg63 & coalesce

SA:
highballin & Chilled

Handicapped 4bb, lowest team score takes the spoils!

Thoughts?

I'm prepared to form a multi state alliance which, for the purpose of the exercise, is called QLD but I would like the record to show I'm not a QLDer.

benno_r
3rd October 2014, 11:57 AM
I'm prepared to form a multi state alliance which, for the purpose of the exercise, is called QLD but I would like the record to show I'm not a QLDer.

Not state of Origin mate (except for the poms), state of residence...

If it was State of Origin, I'll take on all-comers!

coalesce
3rd October 2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah I think highballin is QLD too if it were origin.

But if it is residence, then the UK bit doesn't work either :)

benno_r
3rd October 2014, 12:02 PM

Well we can change to state of origin, I don't mind.

Or we can play beat the NSW champ:

Every shot you beat me on nett - I'll give you a $2.50 cas chip. Every shot I beat you, you give me one... Simples!

3Puttpete
3rd October 2014, 12:02 PM

Yeah but you probably both talk funny

Peppas
3rd October 2014, 12:29 PM
How is the lapdances going to fit into this?

3Puttpete
3rd October 2014, 12:39 PM
How is the lapdances going to fit into this?

You dance, I'll make it fit

Peppas
3rd October 2014, 02:56 PM
You dance, I'll make it fit

Nah, I'm not Lager :)

mrbluu
3rd October 2014, 05:07 PM
Nah, I'm not Lager :)

Really, u both look the same to me :D

3Puttpete
3rd October 2014, 06:28 PM
Really, u both look the same to me :D

All those 50 year old white blokes can get confusing

mrbluu
3rd October 2014, 09:11 PM
All those 50 year old white blokes can get confusing

Exactly!!!!

highballin
3rd October 2014, 09:16 PM

Wash your mouth out with soap! I lived IN QLD for 15 yrs but played my junior footy in NSW born in Katoomba thank you.
I am a blue if it is SOO.

nadg63
3rd October 2014, 09:20 PM
And leave me out of it as still very unlikely I'll bother playing Lady Bay - it sux!

coalesce
3rd October 2014, 11:45 PM
Are you going to play any of the rounds?

coalesce
3rd October 2014, 11:45 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap! I lived IN QLD for 15 yrs but played my junior footy in NSW born in Katoomba thank you.
I am a blue if it is SOO.

All you Aussies sound the same to me :)

nadg63
4th October 2014, 07:21 AM
Are you going to play any of the rounds?

Let me see, working Friday, Lady Bay sucks, reserve Sunday, working Monday .....

All you Aussies sound the same to me :)

Haha :D

jimandr
8th October 2014, 10:09 AM
Apologies to the Monday players, but I forgot to tell you that I can't play Monday. The only direct flight to the Gold Coast is a morning departure, so all I'll be able to do is wave at you out the window of the plane (if I get a window seat).

It's a pity, as I wanted to play Fleurieu. If there is a next time, I'll insist on a game there.

highballin
8th October 2014, 10:15 AM
Apologies to the Monday players, but I forgot to tell you that I can't play Monday. The only direct flight to the Gold Coast is a morning departure, so all I'll be able to do is wave at you out the window of the plane (if I get a window seat).

It's a pity, as I wanted to play Fleurieu. If there is a next time, I'll insist on a game there.

That's a shame course is in fine order at the moment although could get dry and hard pretty quickly if we have a hot dry spell.

coalesce
8th October 2014, 10:30 AM

OP updated. There's always next year!

Peppas
8th October 2014, 01:03 PM
Out of interest, are these comp rounds?

coalesce
8th October 2014, 01:07 PM

Lady Bay will be - we played there a few months ago on a Sunday and there was a comp, so I would be surprised if there wasn't one on a Saturday. I will check.

Chilled would know better about Friday, and highballin about Monday.

And I'm still not sure whether we want to do a Sunday warm up :)

3Puttpete
8th October 2014, 01:09 PM

Lady Bay will be - we played there a few months ago on a Sunday and there was a comp, so I would be surprised if there wasn't one on a Saturday. I will check.

Chilled would know better about Friday, and highballin about Monday.

And I'm still not sure whether we want to do a Sunday warm up :)

He's not worried about Monday mate. The damage will need to be done pre-Sunday :)

coalesce
8th October 2014, 01:19 PM
He's not worried about Monday mate. The damage will need to be done pre-Sunday :)

That's leaving the sandbagging a little late isn't it? :)

Peppas
8th October 2014, 01:20 PM

Very funny :)

Peppas
8th October 2014, 01:21 PM
That's leaving the sandbagging a little late isn't it? :)

Club champs starts this weekend :)

Hatchman
8th October 2014, 01:27 PM
Club champs starts this weekend :)

You playing for the OTS or the converted nett event (some would say participation certificate :roll:)?

Peppas
8th October 2014, 01:29 PM
You playing for the OTS or the converted nett event (some would say participation certificate :roll:)?

I don't know what either of those are, except for a participation certificate :)

3Puttpete
8th October 2014, 01:39 PM
I don't know what either of those are, except for a participation certificate :)

Either win or NAGA Pep. That's how to get a prize

coalesce
8th October 2014, 02:21 PM
I'm guessing OTS = off the stick, i.e. gross prize?

Peppas
8th October 2014, 02:39 PM
Ahhh ok. Yeah we have graded champs :)

Hatchman
8th October 2014, 07:58 PM
I'm guessing OTS = off the stick, i.e. gross prize?

Correct.

nadg63
16th October 2014, 04:34 PM
Might actually play in the Champs round at RA on Sunday which would put me in doubt for the Saturday Coalesce!? (knees tend to not handle playing two days running :( )

coalesce
16th October 2014, 04:36 PM
If you are going to play one of those rounds, you should play the champs round!

Hatchman
16th October 2014, 04:40 PM
If you are going to play one of those rounds, you should play the champs round!

Correct. You can get on Fleurieu any time, RA not so easily.

Peppas
Correct. You can get on Fleurieu any time, RA not so easily.

Lady Bay is on Sat?

coalesce
Saturday is Lady Bay, and nadg hates Lady Bay! Decision made I'd have thought

Chilled
16th October 2014, 04:55 PM

Chilled would know better about Friday, and highballin about Monday.Yep, Kooey runs a comp every day of the week. Optional on fridays if you want to go in it or not :) I think Lady Bay run the comp all day saturday, unless they close it at 12, not sure.

3Puttpete
16th October 2014, 05:02 PM
Might actually play in the Champs round at RA on Sunday which would put me in doubt for the Saturday Coalesce!? (knees tend to not handle playing two days running :( )

Play Sunday!

Benno and I are gonna open a can Saturday and crush spirits. You don't want to subject yourself to such a beating.

Did I copy and paste that correctly Benno?

benno_r
16th October 2014, 05:17 PM
Play Sunday!

Benno and I are gonna open a can Saturday and crush spirits. You don't want to subject yourself to such a beating.

Did I copy and paste that correctly Benno?

haha, I think roughly that was the plan. Are we talking golf, cas, or sluts though?

coalesce
16th October 2014, 05:17 PM
At Lady Bay, my money would be on whatever team contains Chilled. He loves the place!

3Puttpete
16th October 2014, 05:29 PM
We'll start with golf and see how we go

Chilled
16th October 2014, 05:54 PM
At Lady Bay, my money would be on whatever team contains Chilled. He loves the place!Pity we don't do team events!

Mini SA Ryder cup? heh

coalesce
16th October 2014, 05:58 PM
Pity we don't do team events!

Mini SA Ryder cup? heh

Read up - there is a suggestion of a 4BBB "state of approximate origin" format - tho we'd need an 8th player now nadg is playing champs instead...

3Puttpete
16th October 2014, 06:54 PM
Read up - there is a suggestion of a 4BBB "state of approximate origin" format - tho we'd need an 8th player now nadg is playing champs instead...

Or more specifically, you need a partner for the boat people team.

nadg63
16th October 2014, 08:02 PM

Still got a month to go and I have started a physio regime with the knee so hopefully that may come good/improve. Possibly it may hold up if a cart was used, wanna go halves if that's the case!? (and last time we were there you did mention you wouldn't walk it again! ;) ) Will have to confirm nearer the time tho so if someone wants in give them the spot.

3Puttpete
16th October 2014, 08:14 PM
What's wrong with walking it?

coalesce
16th October 2014, 08:34 PM
I'm happy with a cart or not.

On the back 9 especially there's a bit of a walk between holes. I was playing in a 3-ball where the other 2 players had a cart and I was miles behind all the time!

3Puttpete
16th October 2014, 09:25 PM
Ok. I'm happy to cart this one and enjoy the walk Sunday

Hatchman
17th October 2014, 12:42 AM
Lady Bay is on Sat?

Oops. Same goes thou, get on that one any time too.

At Lady Bay, my money would be on whatever team contains Chilled. He loves the place!

Wouldn't that indicate he's closer to a bad one there :D

Chilled
20th October 2014, 08:55 PM
Wouldn't that indicate he's closer to a bad one there :DYou're dead right mate, and well observed, I've had an unusually good number of results there......so given the law of golfing averages I am due for a number of bad ones :shock:

3Puttpete
22nd October 2014, 07:16 PM
One month till I hit the Rad!

coalesce
29th October 2014, 01:41 PM
I'm going to knock the Sunday early round on the head. If anyone really wants to do it, you can book North Adelaide south course from this weekend at http://adelaidelinks.miclub.com.au/guests/ListBookingEvents.msp?booking_resource_id=3000000 - there will be times available from before 6am, but I personally am not keen enough to get up that early :)

Peppas
30th October 2014, 05:47 PM
I'm going to knock the Sunday early round on the head. If anyone really wants to do it, you can book North Adelaide south course from this weekend at http://adelaidelinks.miclub.com.au/guests/ListBookingEvents.msp?booking_resource_id=3000000 - there will be times available from before 6am, but I personally am not keen enough to get up that early :)

OK if the Sunday morning round is out, is there any good all you can eat breakfast buffets around?

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 05:51 PM
OK if the Sunday morning round is out, is there any good all you can eat breakfast buffets around?

Your hotel?

Peppas
30th October 2014, 05:58 PM
Your hotel?

Come on man. I want quality here. I don't just eat anything you know?

coalesce
30th October 2014, 06:02 PM
There will be loads of cafes around there I'd have thought or maybe one of the pubs. The gf suggests maybe there would be something on Leigh St.

If you fancy a longer walk, there's East Terrace Cafe which is nice but I reckon you'd find the same closer

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 06:02 PM
Come on man. I want quality here. I don't just eat anything you know?

You'll be hungover on 2 hours sleep. What will you know?

Peppas
30th October 2014, 06:08 PM
There will be loads of cafes around there I'd have thought or maybe one of the pubs. The gf suggests maybe there would be something on Leigh St.

If you fancy a longer walk, there's East Terrace Cafe which is nice but I reckon you'd find the same closer

Where am I staying??

Peppas
30th October 2014, 06:09 PM
You'll be hungover on 2 hours sleep. What will you know?

Good point, I will still probably be full from the KFC we will have on the way back to the accomodation

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 06:20 PM
Good point, I will still probably be full from the KFC we will have on the way back to the accomodation

Pretty sure it's still Kentucky Fried Chicken in the Rad

coalesce
30th October 2014, 06:27 PM
I thought you were in the BreakFree on Hindley - or was that someone else?

Peppas
30th October 2014, 06:29 PM
I thought you were in the BreakFree on Hindley - or was that someone else?

Nah thats Jimandr. Lucky guy. So much good food and special clubs just down the road.

Peppas
30th October 2014, 06:30 PM
Pretty sure it's still Kentucky Fried Chicken in the Rad

Excellent

Hatchman
30th October 2014, 08:05 PM
http://theoriginalpancakekitchen.com.au/

nadg63
30th October 2014, 08:05 PM
On the subject of 'breakfast' on the day of The Champs round at RA, I have asked Marcel if he could look in to/confirm what time the kitchen at RA opens on a Sunday morning. If early enough may be we could all meet up there, have breakfast/snack etc and get in some socialising/sledging prior to playing - thoughts on that?

Peppas
30th October 2014, 08:14 PM
On the subject of 'breakfast' on the day of The Champs round at RA, I have asked Marcel if he could look in to/confirm what time the kitchen at RA opens on a Sunday morning. If early enough may be we could all meet up there, have breakfast/snack etc and get in some socialising/sledging prior to playing - thoughts on that?

Are they all you can eat?

Daves
30th October 2014, 08:20 PM
A must visit on the way down to Lady Links;

http://www.yankalillabakery.com.au/

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 08:23 PM

Outstanding idea.

Whether the kitchen's open or not if like to get there v early to do just this base on (I think) Tim's advice

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 08:28 PM
Are they all you can eat?

Yeah...RA buffet of powdered scrambled eggs and nutri grain in little boxes

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 08:31 PM
A must visit on the way down to Lady Links;

http://www.yankalillabakery.com.au/

From experience Dave?

I'm toying with the idea of consuming traditional/local SA food and beverages while I'm there so they'd need to have a pie floater and Kitchener bun.

I think I'll be right for grown-ups drinks but I don't do iced coffee so yet might be hard. Woody's lemonade perhaps.

Daves
30th October 2014, 08:34 PM
From experience Dave?

I'm toying with the idea of consuming traditional/local SA food and beverages while I'm there so they'd need to have a pie floater and Kitchener bun.

I think I'll be right for grown-ups drinks but I don't do iced coffee so yet might be hard. Woody's lemonade perhaps.

Yep, we dropped in there last year. Was on Lager's recommendation for the Kitchener Buns, but they were sold out. They had plenty of worthy substitutes though, and made a good coffee as well.

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 08:36 PM
Good to know. Cheers

nadg63
30th October 2014, 08:42 PM
From experience Dave?

Don't do it! Pie floaters look/smell gross, (as if someone has already eaten it and then changed their mind!), and as for iced coffee, that's just so wrong - gag :smt087 So that leaves you with the lemonade and Kitchener bun - you're gonna be buzzin on a sugar overload! Oh, and there's always a 'frog cake' ......

Plenty of decent choices in the Yankalilla bakery though :)

3Puttpete
30th October 2014, 08:51 PM
Sugar is life

coalesce
30th October 2014, 09:08 PM
Iced coffee is nice but a pie floater sounds like something one does some time after one has eaten a big pie.

Don't forget fruchocs!

marcel
30th October 2014, 09:28 PM
RA kitchen apparently opens at 9am, will confirm this weekend.

It has all you can eat if you have all you can pay

Peppas
31st October 2014, 05:49 AM
RA kitchen apparently opens at 9am, will confirm this weekend.

It has all you can eat if you have all you can pay

Hahaha very good. I wonder which will run out first, my appetite or funds in my wallet!

benno_r
31st October 2014, 05:52 AM
Hahaha very good. I wonder which will run out first, my appetite or funds in my wallet!
We are going to the cas the night before. Your wallet will be fine!

Peppas
31st October 2014, 05:57 AM
We are going to the cas the night before. Your wallet will be fine!

OK then I wonder if RA kitchen will run out of food first :)

Daggs
31st October 2014, 08:39 AM
The Stamford Grand At Glenelg does all you can consume Buffet breaky . Continental $26.50 / Full $31.50 or Champagne $33.50 6.30am till 11.30 am
Haven't been for years but it was pretty good .Nice view over the beach etc.
Just a thought !

Peppas
31st October 2014, 11:13 AM
The Stamford Grand At Glenelg does all you can consume Buffet breaky . Continental $26.50 / Full $31.50 or Champagne $33.50 6.30am till 11.30 am
Haven't been for years but it was pretty good .Nice view over the beach etc.
Just a thought !

Sounds romantic, 3PP you want to go there with me? ;)

coalesce
31st October 2014, 11:29 AM
It is easy to get to from the CBD - just get on the tram. Not too far from where I live either, so I might come for a feed too if you go...

3Puttpete
31st October 2014, 11:49 AM
Sounds romantic, 3PP you want to go there with me? ;)

Will check my hotel's options but this looks like it could be a goer.

Usual rules, you pay, and I fed you?

Peppas
31st October 2014, 12:14 PM
Will check my hotel's options but this looks like it could be a goer.

Usual rules, you pay, and I fed you?

Ahh yeah benno can you check our hotel too??

benno_r
31st October 2014, 12:16 PM
Ahh yeah benno can you check our hotel too??

It's a goer mate - no breaky with the room, so three days here I reckon!

coalesce
31st October 2014, 12:18 PM
What hotel/area are you staying in?

benno_r
31st October 2014, 12:27 PM
South Terrace Apartments, 3pp is a couple hundred meters down the road.

coalesce
31st October 2014, 12:48 PM
Short walk to get to the tram for a 40min ride to Glenelg then - that's quite a mission every morning for breakfast!

You'd probably be better off walking down Hutt or Pulteney Street - even East Terrace/Rundle St is only 5 mins away - lots of cafes/pubs/hotels

benno_r
31st October 2014, 12:52 PM
Short walk to get to the tram for a 40min ride to Glenelg then - that's quite a mission every morning for breakfast!

You'd probably be better off walking down Hutt or Pulteney Street - even East Terrace/Rundle St is only 5 mins away - lots of cafes/pubs/hotels

We have a car, and love burning hydrocarbons. We can make it work! :D

Peppas
31st October 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm sure we can find all you can eat closer. We will play it by ear. Unless someone has any suggestions?

Or Hatchy is that 24hr pancake place nearby? I can swap out my KFC for pancakes at any time of the day?

3Puttpete
31st October 2014, 02:26 PM
2.6km

http://www.icadelaide.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Riverside-breakfast-buffet.pdf

Hatchman
31st October 2014, 04:25 PM
I'm sure we can find all you can eat closer. We will play it by ear. Unless someone has any suggestions?

Or Hatchy is that 24hr pancake place nearby? I can swap out my KFC for pancakes at any time of the day?

Pancake Kitchen is just of Hindley and King William. Wrong side of city from where your staying for quick easy walk. Close to exoctic dance venues for a feed after looking at gutted rabbit for a few hours, not that I've ever done that..........much :D

Peppas
31st October 2014, 04:34 PM
Pancake Kitchen is just of Hindley and King William. Wrong side of city from where your staying for quick easy walk. Close to exoctic dance venues for a feed after looking at gutted rabbit for a few hours, not that I've ever done that..........much :D

I'm sure we will make the trek one night, or morning :)

Peppas
31st October 2014, 04:37 PM
2.6km

http://www.icadelaide.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Riverside-breakfast-buffet.pdf

Good thing Benno likes to drive!

3Puttpete
31st October 2014, 05:05 PM
Good thing Benno likes to eat!

FTFY

Peppas
31st October 2014, 05:06 PM
FTFY

That too. I remember the first buffet I hit with him...

benno_r
31st October 2014, 05:12 PM
FTFY

It's funny cause it's true.

3Puttpete
31st October 2014, 05:14 PM
[emoji3]

coalesce
4th November 2014, 12:13 PM
Just a reminder there are still spots left in the non-champs rounds, particularly the Saturday at Lady Bay - I have a 3rd tee time booked, so there are 4 free spots at the moment - I will cancel it at the end of next week if there is no interest.

Similarly, at the moment we have no carts booked, so if anyone is going to want one, we should think about locking them in...

Peppas
4th November 2014, 12:16 PM
What are the walks like? We can hire pull buggies right?

coalesce
4th November 2014, 12:39 PM
I can answer about Kooyonga on Friday afternoon, but judging by the local geography, that one is going to be pretty flat.

For Lady Bay, there are a few holes with a gap between - I'm going to get a cart for there. I've played it twice before and both times I said I wasn't going to walk it again (so not sure what happened the second time!)

Fleurieu has some hills, but it doesn't need a cart.

I should think pull carts would be available

Peppas
4th November 2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah I might be old but my legs still work. I'll just walk it :)

3Puttpete
4th November 2014, 12:41 PM
I'd prefer a cart for lady bay if somebody in my group wants to share. I'm gonna have a bunch of stuff from that bakery I'll need to transport round until it's eaten.

And beer

benno_r
4th November 2014, 12:45 PM
I'd prefer a cart for lady bay if somebody in my group wants to share. I'm gonna have a bunch of stuff from that bakery I'll need to transport round until it's eaten.

And beer

I don't think Links Lady Bay will have the facilities you require sir.

Peppas
4th November 2014, 12:47 PM

And beer

You're fitter than me and younger than me and you want a cart?

coalesce
4th November 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm 36 and I want a cart! :)

3Puttpete
4th November 2014, 12:53 PM
You're fitter than me and younger than me and you want a cart?

By that reckoning I'm also darker than your 54 year old self.

Peppas
4th November 2014, 12:58 PM
By that reckoning I'm also darker than your 54 year old self.

Yes, you have some olive to your skin tone :)

3Puttpete
4th November 2014, 01:10 PM
I don't think Links Lady Bay will have the facilities you require sir.

Now you're talking. Kitchener buns and custard tarts galore. I've heard the rad has an excellent selection of tarts.

Peppas
4th November 2014, 01:14 PM
Now you're talking. Kitchener buns and custard tarts galore. I've heard the rad has an excellent selection of tarts.

Are we talking Hindley St again?

nadg63
4th November 2014, 02:51 PM

Would guess some of the tarts down there would be more than a bit stale!

3Puttpete
4th November 2014, 03:00 PM

Aren't we always

Peppas
4th November 2014, 03:47 PM
Aren't we always

I like how you are always thinking ;)

Peppas
4th November 2014, 03:47 PM

Single mums need the support!

Hatchman
4th November 2014, 08:00 PM

And stuffed full of cream :D

Hatchman
5th November 2014, 05:00 PM
I'm still working on being available for the Saturday.
Need to pick the right moment to lobby the Minister. I'll only get one crack at it.

If i am successful I' not fussed about walking or carting.

Peppas
5th November 2014, 05:04 PM
I'm still working on being available for the Saturday.
Need to pick the right moment to lobby the Minister. I'll only get one crack at it.

If i am successful I' not fussed about walking or carting.

Probably when you're getting an awesome parma?

Hatchman
5th November 2014, 08:23 PM
Probably when you're getting an awesome parma?

I like your thinking.

Peppas
5th November 2014, 08:25 PM
I like your thinking.

At least a 9/10 OK :)

**** I want a parma now. Hatchy you gonna take us out for some parmas while we are in Adelaide?

When will there be time for golf between the eating???

Peppas
5th November 2014, 09:22 PM
Boom, just added the courses to my golf GPS!

coalesce
10th November 2014, 10:41 AM
Updated some question marks to confirmed starters.

I need to mine the thread to find out what time we want to book for the Friday round...

Peppas
10th November 2014, 10:52 AM
Get excited!

coalesce
10th November 2014, 11:05 AM
I intend to arrive Thursday and depart Tuesday, depending upon what advice I get from Flight Centre regarding special deals on flights and hotels and car hire. So the course location on Monday isn't important.

However, I have NO interest in 0600 starts anywhere.

I need to mine the thread to find out what time we want to book for the Friday round...

Chilled, looks like any time you can get on the Friday will be good...

highballin
10th November 2014, 11:46 AM
Coalesce can you put me down for a cart at Lady Bay to.

coalesce
10th November 2014, 11:47 AM
Done

Chilled
12th November 2014, 10:56 AM
Chilled, looks like any time you can get on the Friday will be good...Okily dokily. Should be able to book that in this friday. Looking for an early slot.

Hatchman
13th November 2014, 01:42 PM
I'm a definite in for the Lady Bay round now. Minister will be busy with Trees for Life.
I'm happy to share a cart cart if one more is need. Preference is to walk.